|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nancy say she will give Grace if Grace will not kill her, according to the poem?
(a) A horse and money to leave.
(b) Three dresses.
(c) A purse of gold.
(d) Nancy will leave and Grace can have Kinnear.
2. What does Jordan see as the main difference between European and North American servants?
(a) The servants in Europe know their place.
(b) The servants in Canada are better trained.
(c) The servants in Europe demand more money.
(d) The servants in Europe are better dressed.
3. What does Grace think McDermott might as well have been when the doctors got hold of his dead body?
(a) Salted bacon.
(b) A beef cow.
(c) A lump of earth.
(d) Nothing, she did not think about that.
4. What does Grace think of the stories written about her?
(a) She has not seen any stories written about her.
(b) They are true.
(c) They are false.
(d) They are funny.
5. Under what name does Grace register at the hotel?
(a) Grace Newman.
(b) Mary Kinnear.
(c) Nancy Montgomery.
(d) Mary Whitney.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are Grace’s eyes?
2. Where was McDermott hanged?
3. How does McDermott kill Kinnear?
4. What does Grace do when she meets the doctor?
5. What does Jordan ask the prison to do to make circumstances conducive to his research efforts?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)