|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the inmates given little meat to eat?
(a) The doctors say women should not eat much meat because it is a manly food.
(b) The doctors say it stimulates the criminal part of the brain.
(c) The cook steals the meat.
(d) Meat is too expensive.
2. What is the name of the prison where Grace is an inmate?
(a) Toronto Reformatory.
(b) Kingston Penitentiary.
(c) Stratford Prison.
(d) Riker Island.
3. How does McDermott kill Kinnear?
(a) Breaks his neck.
(b) Shoots him in the heart.
(c) Slits his throat.
(d) Bashed him in the head with a sledge hammer.
4. What is in the scrapbook the governor’s wife keeps?
(a) Samples of material for sewing.
(b) Stories of criminals.
(c) Pictures of her children.
5. What kind of gloves would Grace like to have?
(a) Smooth white ones.
(b) Long, black ones.
(c) Green, to match the color of her eyes.
(d) Brown leather ones.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what name does Grace register at the hotel?
2. At what lake is Dr. Jordan looking in Chapter 4?
3. What does Dr. Workman tell Dr. Jordan is most important in building an asylum?
4. What does Grace think McDermott might as well have been when the doctors got hold of his dead body?
5. What kind of meeting is at the governor’s house on Tuesdays?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)