|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color and design is on the dress Nancy wears in Grace’s dream?
(a) Scarlet with green leaves.
(b) White with embroidered horses around the bottom.
(c) Pale with pink rosebuds.
(d) Navy blue with boats on it.
2. Why are the inmates given little meat to eat?
(a) Meat is too expensive.
(b) The doctors say women should not eat much meat because it is a manly food.
(c) The cook steals the meat.
(d) The doctors say it stimulates the criminal part of the brain.
3. What is the name of the prison where Grace is an inmate?
(a) Kingston Penitentiary.
(b) Riker Island.
(c) Toronto Reformatory.
(d) Stratford Prison.
4. At what hotel do McDermott and Grace stop when fleeing Canada?
(b) The Lewiston Hotel.
(c) The Hyatt.
(d) The Harvest Bell.
5. What is the book called of which a page is shown in Chapter 2?
(a) The Schedule of Duty.
(b) The Book of the Hours.
(c) The transcript of Grace’s trial.
(d) The Punishment Book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position did James McDermott hold at the Kinnear home?
2. What does Jordan think he needs to do before he can open a private asylum?
3. What does Nancy say she will give Grace if Grace will not kill her, according to the poem?
4. What does the poem say is how Grace convinced McDermott to murder?
5. What does Jordan believe about Verringer’s relationship with Grace?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)