|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the governor’s wife not allow Grace the run of the house in Chapter 4?
(a) It is being renovated.
(b) Grace is a prisoner, not a guest.
(c) She is afraid Grace will have another fit.
(d) She does not want Grace to see Dr. Jordan without supervision.
2. What did Grace’s lawyer tell the court about her?
(a) She is insane.
(b) She is almost an idiot.
(c) She is more than one person.
(d) She is devious.
3. How old is Grace at the beginning of Alias Grace?
4. At what hotel do McDermott and Grace stop when fleeing Canada?
(b) The Hyatt.
(c) The Lewiston Hotel.
(d) The Harvest Bell.
5. What does Grace say is the reason she can be frank with Jordan?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is not there to seduce her.
(c) She was never a lady and her reputation is shot.
(d) She will never leave prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jordan do in his first conversation with Grace in an attempt to get her to open up?
2. What does Jordan believe about Verringer’s relationship with Grace?
3. What kind of meeting is at the governor’s house on Tuesdays?
4. What does Dr. Jordan say is one of Reverend Verringer’s chief faults?
5. What does Jordan see as the main difference between European and North American servants?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)