|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Mirza during the meeting of oil princes in Chapter 16?
2. What is Susha best known for?
(a) Its university
(b) Its sports teams.
(c) Its food.
(d) Its religious houses.
3. In Chapter 24, how does Ali's cousin feel about Persia's development?
(a) He thinks it is very modern.
(b) He thinks it is wasted on public art.
(c) He thinks it is expensive.
(d) He thinks it is underdeveloped.
4. Who tells Ali that Nachararyan has kidnapped Nino?
(a) Seyd Mustafa.
(b) Safar Khan.
(c) Nachararyan himself.
(d) Seinal Aga.
5. Where does Ali believe the Turks will enter Baku?
(a) Through the Armenian Quarter.
(b) Through the Jewish Quarter.
(c) Through the Russian Quarter.
(d) Through the English Quarter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ali happy about Europe's influence on Nino?
2. What does Nachararyan run through after Ali catches him kidnapping Nino?
3. How does Ali finally show Nino the streets of Shimran?
4. Where does Nachararyan plan to marry Nino?
5. In Chapter 11, who does Seyd describe as being pagans?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)