|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people did Alexander massacre at Massago?
2. Alexander believed which god was his true father?
3. What happened with Alexander and his troops at Chenab?
4. What was the effect of the mass marriage ceremony held in Susa in 324 BC?
5. How did the citizens of Pattala react to Alexander's arrival?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strategy did Alexander take with conquering Babylon?
2. Describe what Antipater was doing in Greece while Alexander was away. What did he think of Alexander's claim to divinity? What were his own ambitions for power?
3. Describe the build-up to the battle of Gaugamela. Where was Darius' army located, and what strategy did he try to employ? How did Alexander counter this strategy?
4. What rumor spread during the battle of the Chenab citadel, and what action did Alexander take to stop the rumor?
5. What kind of riches did Alexander discover in India? What compounded any financial difficulties Alexander encountered in India?
6. What was Alexander's history with Satibarzanes?
7. What strategy did Alexander take with conquering Persepolis?
8. What was Alexander's plan after his Indian campaign? What curtailed further plans?
9. How did Alexander's relationship with his army change after the battle of Gaugamela?
10. After Gaza, describe Alexander's campaign through Egypt. How long was he there? What important events happened during his time in Egypt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the battle of Granicus River. Include:
a) the pretext to the battle;
b) the major combatants;
c) the geographical context;
d) the events of the battle itself, including strategy and tactics; and
e) the results of the battle.
Essay Topic 2
1) Describe the steps Philip took to guard against Alexander's growing ambition to be king.
2) In what manner was Philip assassinated? What were the circumstances?
3) Discuss the historical uncertainty associated with Philip's assassination, including the nature of his assassin as well as who was the mastermind behind the assassination.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Darius and Alexander's meeting at Marathos. At what point in the Persian campaign did this meeting take place? What was discussed? What were the offers and counteroffers? What was the ultimate result of the discussions?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)