|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the attitude of Alexander's army after the battle of Gaugamela?
2. Why did Alexander order Parmenio to be executed?
3. Who led the Indian army that opposed Alexander in India?
4. What promise did Alexander make to the citizens of Babylon when entering the city?
5. What mistake did Bessus make in regards to Alexander's crossing of the Hindu Kush?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Gaza, describe Alexander's campaign through Egypt. How long was he there? What important events happened during his time in Egypt?
2. What did Darius' death mean for Alexander, politically?
3. What action did Alexander take in 324 BC when he arrived in Opis? How did the troops react? How did Alexander respond to this troop reaction?
4. Describe the battle of Gaugamela. How even were the forces? What strategy did Alexander use? What were the results of the battle?
5. What rumor spread during the battle of the Chenab citadel, and what action did Alexander take to stop the rumor?
6. After Massago, in what way did Alexander divide his army, and what orders did he give?
7. What unique challenge did Alexander face at Jhelum River? How is Jhelum River regarded among the battles of Alexander?
8. What strategy did Alexander take with conquering Babylon?
9. What difficulties did Alexander encounter once he reached Oxus? What was the ultimate fate of Bessus?
10. What was Alexander's history with Satibarzanes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the state of Alexander's empire at the point of his death. After his death, what happened to Alexander's empire? List the major events involved in the wars of succession for Alexander's kingdom.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Alexander's Indian campaign. Include:
a) major battles;
b) major cities conquered;
c) challenges faced by Alexander and his army;
d) reasons for Alexander stopping a further march eastward; and
d) the overall result of the Indian campaign, especially as it relates to the success Alexander had in previous campaigns.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Darius and Alexander's meeting at Marathos. At what point in the Persian campaign did this meeting take place? What was discussed? What were the offers and counteroffers? What was the ultimate result of the discussions?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)