|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Persepolis was the burial place of whom?
2. Why did Alexander ultimately stop his push eastward into Arabia?
3. Who were the satraps?
4. Roxanne was the daughter to which baron?
5. In the summer of 331 BC, where did Darius stage his army?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Alexander's time in Egypt in 331. Include:
a) major battles;
b) major cities conquered;
c) Alexander's involvement with Alexandria; and
d) the overall result of the Egyptian campaign.
Essay Topic 2
1) Describe Macedonia prior to King Philip's rule, including its location in the world, neighboring states, geography, and relative political power.
2) Describe the political system in Macedonia prior to King Philip's rule. How was the system organized? What code of laws was in place?
3) Describe the circumstances that contributed to Macedonia's rise in power and influence under King Philip II.
Essay Topic 3
What can Alexander's legacy be said to be? Discuss Hellenization and cite specific consequences of this process.
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)