|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take for Alexander to cross the Hindu Kush?
2. What was Alexander's expectation of riches in India, and what in reality did he find there?
3. Alexander was seriously wounded in what Indian battle?
4. Who did Alexander marry while in India?
5. After Massago, what action did Alexander take with his army?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
a) Describe the manner in which Parmenio died.
b) How does Parmenio's death relate to Alexander's relationships with his troops?
c) How can Parmenio's death shed light on Alexander's mental state and his overall ability to lead?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the actions that Alexander took when Philip was murdered and Alexander became king, up until the Thebean uprising. With what political realities did he have to deal? How did different city states react? What were Alexander's motivations?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the circumstances surrounding Alexander's death. Why is this moment unclear to historians? What are specific theories behind Alexander's death? What evidence do historians provide to back up these theories?
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)