Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the battle of the Chenab citadel, what rumor gained popularity?
2. What was the ratio of Persians to Macedonians at Gaugamela?
3. Alexander believed which god was his true father?
4. Who was the leader of Gaza when Alexander arrived at the city?
5. Persepolis was the burial place of whom?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the battle of Gaugamela. Include:
a) the pretext to the battle;
b) the major combatants;
c) the geographical context;
d) the events of the battle itself, including strategy and tactics; and
e) the results of the battle.
Essay Topic 2
What can Alexander's legacy be said to be? Discuss Hellenization and cite specific consequences of this process.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the circumstances surrounding Alexander's death. Why is this moment unclear to historians? What are specific theories behind Alexander's death? What evidence do historians provide to back up these theories?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)