|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Alexander finance his campaign into the Indian subcontinent?
2. After Darius was deposed, what title was bestowed upon Bessus?
3. In the summer of 331 BC, where did Darius stage his army?
4. Why did Alexander travel down the Ravi River in Chenab?
5. Persepolis was the burial place of whom?
Essay Topic 1
1) Describe the political situation with which Philip had to deal in 939 BC and into 938 BC. How did he manage to emerge victorious, forcing a showdown at Chaeronaea?
2) Discuss how the battle of Chaeronaea proceeded. How did Alexander and Philip achieve victory? Discuss the military formation and strategy that was used.
3) Discuss the political aftermath of the battle of Chaeronaea. How did the battle change the political landscape? What were the immediate political consequences?
Essay Topic 2
What can Alexander's legacy be said to be? Discuss Hellenization and cite specific consequences of this process.
Essay Topic 3
a) Describe the manner in which Parmenio died.
b) How does Parmenio's death relate to Alexander's relationships with his troops?
c) How can Parmenio's death shed light on Alexander's mental state and his overall ability to lead?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)