Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the battle of the Chenab citadel, what rumor gained popularity?
2. What was the ratio of Persians to Macedonians at Gaugamela?
3. Alexander believed which god was his true father?
4. Who was the leader of Gaza when Alexander arrived at the city?
5. Persepolis was the burial place of whom?
Describe the actions that Alexander took when Philip was murdered and Alexander became king, up until the Thebean uprising. With what political realities did he have to deal? How did different city states react? What were Alexander's motivations?
1) Describe the political situation with which Philip had to deal in 939 BC and into 938 BC. How did he manage to emerge victorious, forcing a showdown at Chaeronaea?
2) Discuss how the battle of Chaeronaea proceeded. How did Alexander and Philip achieve victory? Discuss the military formation and strategy that was used.
3) Discuss the political aftermath of the battle of Chaeronaea. How did the battle change the political landscape? What were the immediate political consequences?
Describe the battle of Issus. Include:
a) the pretext to the battle;
b) the major combatants;
c) the geographical context;
d) the events of the battle itself, including strategy and tactics; and
e) the results of the battle.
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)