Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occurred in the siege of Halicarnassus?
2. Why was Philip interested in the region of Mt. Pangaeus?
3. What kind of military leader was King Philip?
4. Where was Alexander the Great born?
5. How many years did Alexander study with Aristotle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Philip initially molded his army into a formidable force.
2. Describe Alexander's childhood growing up, prior to studying with Aristotle.
3. Describe the final assault on Tyre. How was Alexander finally able to breach the city walls? And how did he handle the citizens therein?
4. What unique challenge did Alexander face at Jhelum River? How is Jhelum River regarded among the battles of Alexander?
5. What difficulties did Alexander encounter once he reached Oxus? What was the ultimate fate of Bessus?
6. What was Alexander's history with Satibarzanes?
7. After Massago, in what way did Alexander divide his army, and what orders did he give?
8. In what circumstances did Parmenio meet his end?
9. What contact did Alexander have with Miletus? How was this contact different than his handling of Thebes?
10. Describe Alexander's sack of Thebes. What negotiations occurred (and failed) prior to the city's destruction?
Describe the circumstances surrounding Alexander's death. Why is this moment unclear to historians? What are specific theories behind Alexander's death? What evidence do historians provide to back up these theories?
Describe Darius and Alexander's meeting at Marathos. At what point in the Persian campaign did this meeting take place? What was discussed? What were the offers and counteroffers? What was the ultimate result of the discussions?
Describe the state of Alexander's empire at the point of his death. After his death, what happened to Alexander's empire? List the major events involved in the wars of succession for Alexander's kingdom.
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)