|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In January 330 BC, Alexander traveled to which city?
2. After Darius' death, whom did Alexander appoint as satrap?
3. How did the citizens of Pattala react to Alexander's arrival?
(a) They evacuated the city before he arrived.
(b) They offered to give up all their able-bodied males for Alexander's army.
(c) They welcomed him to their city with open arms.
(d) They fought and lost a two-month battle.
4. How did Alexander respond to Darius' death?
(a) He abandoned his campaign further east, since he had accomplished his ultimate goal.
(b) He systematically burned all villages to which he came.
(c) He felt his only option was to present himself as Darius' choice for successor.
(d) He pretended that Darius was still alive for political reasons.
5. Who did Alexander marry while in India?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take for Alexander to cross the Hindu Kush?
2. Who murdered Darius?
3. What battle is said to be Alexander's greatest strategic triumph?
4. When Alexander separated his troops after Massago, where did he send the troops he would not be leading?
5. Who led the Indian army that opposed Alexander in India?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Alexander's relationship with Parmenio change after the battle of Persepolis?
2. What kind of riches did Alexander discover in India? What compounded any financial difficulties Alexander encountered in India?
3. Describe Alexander's experience in Chenab as he sailed down the Jhelum River. What action did his army take?
4. What action did Alexander take in 324 BC when he arrived in Opis? How did the troops react? How did Alexander respond to this troop reaction?
5. What was Alexander's history with Satibarzanes?
6. What strategy did Alexander take with conquering Babylon?
7. After Gaza, describe Alexander's campaign through Egypt. How long was he there? What important events happened during his time in Egypt?
8. What difficulties did Alexander encounter once he reached Oxus? What was the ultimate fate of Bessus?
9. What rumor spread during the battle of the Chenab citadel, and what action did Alexander take to stop the rumor?
10. In what circumstances did Parmenio meet his end?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)