|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the battle of the Chenab citadel, what rumor gained popularity?
(a) Alexander was dead.
(b) Bessus had escaped execution and now threatened Alexander's army.
(c) Zeus had visited Alexander in his tent.
(d) Alexander was broke, and had no way to pay the army.
2. What was Alexander's extent of knowledge of Indian geography, upon entering India?
(a) Aristotle had taught him about the major geographical features of India.
(b) He claimed to have been divinely told about Indian geography, angering his troops.
(c) Having traveled there twice in the past, he was quite knowledgeable about Indian geography.
(d) He had no knowledge of Indian geography.
3. Who was Antipater's chief rival when Alexander was alive?
4. What did Alexander decide to do with Darius' body?
(a) He ordered it to be buried in the spot it was found.
(b) He ordered it taken to Persepolis for proper burial.
(c) He ordered it burned.
(d) He ordered it taken to Macedonia to be hung from the palace walls.
5. What title was given to Alexander after the battle of Gaugamela?
(a) King of the Gaugamelites.
(b) Pharaoh of Egypt.
(c) King of the World.
(d) Lord of Asia.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the citizens of Pattala react to Alexander's arrival?
2. What did Antipater believe about Alexander's claims to divinity?
3. Why was Darius murdered?
4. What action did Alexander take in Opis in 324 BC in regards to his army?
5. What strategy did Alexander take in regards to Ambphi?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)