|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On his march to Pakistan, in what way did Alexander's land-bound troops suffer?
(a) They suffered from scurvy.
(b) They suffered from bubonic plague.
(c) They were constantly harassed by bandits.
(d) They lacked food and water.
2. On what island did Alexander build the city of Alexandria?
3. How did Alexander respond to Darius' death?
(a) He systematically burned all villages to which he came.
(b) He abandoned his campaign further east, since he had accomplished his ultimate goal.
(c) He pretended that Darius was still alive for political reasons.
(d) He felt his only option was to present himself as Darius' choice for successor.
4. What title was given to Alexander after the battle of Gaugamela?
(a) King of the World.
(b) King of the Gaugamelites.
(c) Lord of Asia.
(d) Pharaoh of Egypt.
5. At Chenab, what warning did a soothsayer have for Alexander?
(a) Alexander was in danger of losing his life.
(b) Alexander may lose his sight.
(c) Alexander may run out of money.
(d) Alexander had fallen out of favor with the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who apprehended Bessus?
2. What happened to Alexander in Oxus?
3. What strategy did Alexander take in regards to Ambphi?
4. Why didn't Alexander spend much time in Ecbatana?
5. What challenge did Alexander have to overcome at Jhelum River?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)