|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were troops concerned with actions Alexander took in Opis in 324 BC?
(a) They believed Alexander was a god who was angry with them.
(b) They believed Alexander was going to establish a capital in Persia rather than Macedonia.
(c) They believed Alexander was going to abandon them by establishing a capital in Macedonia.
(d) They believed Alexander was going to make another push for the Indian Ocean.
2. Who did Alexander marry in a ceremony at Susa?
(a) Seven wives, one for each of the local Indian satraps.
(b) Two wives, one the daughter of Darius.
(c) Three wives, one the daughter of Olympias.
(d) One wife, the daughter of Antipater.
3. What was the ratio of Persians to Macedonians at Gaugamela?
(a) One-hundred to One.
(b) Five to One.
(c) One to One.
(d) One to Five.
4. After Persepolis, to what city did Alexander travel?
5. What was the effect of the mass marriage ceremony held in Susa in 324 BC?
(a) Persians were pleased with the marriages, but Macedonians were not pleased.
(b) Both Macedonians and Persians were very pleased with the marriages.
(c) Macedonians were pleased with the marriages, but Persians were not pleased.
(d) The marriages did not have the desired political effect on either Macedonians or Persians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What order did Alexander give when his army reached Persepolis?
2. Who was the leader of Gaza when Alexander arrived at the city?
3. How many people did Alexander massacre at Massago?
4. What mistake did Bessus make in regards to Alexander's crossing of the Hindu Kush?
5. What was Alexander's extent of knowledge of Indian geography, upon entering India?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Alexander's conquest of Gaza. Why was Gaza an important city to conquer?
2. Describe Alexander's movements and activity in January and February 324 BC. What was his state of mind? What were his plans?
3. Describe the beginning of Alexander's pursuit of Bessus, through the Hindu Kush.
4. Describe Alexander's experience in Chenab as he sailed down the Jhelum River. What action did his army take?
5. How did Alexander's relationship with Parmenio change after the battle of Persepolis?
6. What did Darius' death mean for Alexander, politically?
7. In what circumstances did Parmenio meet his end?
8. Describe what Antipater was doing in Greece while Alexander was away. What did he think of Alexander's claim to divinity? What were his own ambitions for power?
9. Describe what happened when Alexander finally reached the Indian Ocean.
10. What unique challenge did Alexander face at Jhelum River? How is Jhelum River regarded among the battles of Alexander?
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)