|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mistake did Bessus make in regards to Alexander's crossing of the Hindu Kush?
(a) Bessus vastly underestimated the size of Alexander's army.
(b) Bessus believed Alexander would take a lower pass, but he did not.
(c) Bessus believed his own troops were better-trained than Alexander's.
(d) Bessus did not think it would take Alexander so long to cross.
2. After Persepolis, to what city did Alexander travel?
3. What happened to Harpalus when Alexander initially purged his satraps?
(a) Harpalus was tried and imprisoned for a long while.
(b) Harpalus was tried and found innocent of all charges.
(c) Harpalus managed to escape Alexander's wrath.
(d) Harpalus was executed by Alexander.
4. What challenge did Alexander have to overcome at Jhelum River?
(a) The fact that most of his army abandoned him.
(b) A great heat wave.
(c) His enemy's formidable war elephants.
(d) Extremely uncertain footing on the banks of the river.
5. How did Alexander finance his campaign into the Indian subcontinent?
(a) By holding Darius for ransom.
(b) By looting the royal treasury of Persepolis.
(c) By levying a large tax on the Greek city-states.
(d) By severely reducing the size of his army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Persepolis was the burial place of whom?
2. In which Egyptian city was Alexander proclaimed Pharaoh of Egypt?
3. What did Antipater believe about Alexander's claims to divinity?
4. At the battle of the Chenab citadel, what rumor gained popularity?
5. What did Alexander learn from a messenger on his way to Sousa?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)