|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Alexander order Parmenio to be executed?
(a) Alexander believed that Parmenio fell out of favor with the gods.
(b) Alexander believed that Parmenio was plotting to take Alexander's place.
(c) Alexander believed that Parmenio was tainted with a contagious disease.
(d) Parmenio was badly wounded in a battle, and Alexander put Parmenio out of his misery.
2. Alexander led his army to which country in the summer of 331 BC?
3. What challenge did Alexander have to overcome at Jhelum River?
(a) A great heat wave.
(b) Extremely uncertain footing on the banks of the river.
(c) His enemy's formidable war elephants.
(d) The fact that most of his army abandoned him.
4. How many people did Alexander massacre at Massago?
(a) Seven thousand.
(b) Forty thousand.
(c) Three hundred.
(d) He entered Massago peacefully.
5. How long did it take for Alexander to cross the Hindu Kush?
(a) A year and a half.
(b) Seventeen days.
(c) Four months.
(d) Two days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistake did Bessus make in regards to Alexander's crossing of the Hindu Kush?
2. To what land did Alexander plan travel to after India?
3. What was the attitude of Alexander's army after the battle of Gaugamela?
4. Why did Alexander ultimately stop his push eastward into Arabia?
5. Why were troops concerned with actions Alexander took in Opis in 324 BC?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were the Successors, and what importance did they have in Alexander's army?
2. What rumor spread during the battle of the Chenab citadel, and what action did Alexander take to stop the rumor?
3. How did Alexander's relationship with Parmenio change after the battle of Persepolis?
4. Describe Alexander's conquest of Gaza. Why was Gaza an important city to conquer?
5. What was Darius' ultimate fate after his defeat at Gaugamela?
6. What was Alexander's history with Satibarzanes?
7. After Massago, in what way did Alexander divide his army, and what orders did he give?
8. Describe the battle of Gaugamela. How even were the forces? What strategy did Alexander use? What were the results of the battle?
9. What strategy did Alexander take with the city of Ambphi, and why did he pursue this strategy?
10. What was Alexander's plan after his Indian campaign? What curtailed further plans?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)