|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Alexander marry while in India?
2. How long did it take for Alexander to cross the Hindu Kush?
(a) A year and a half.
(b) Seventeen days.
(c) Four months.
(d) Two days.
3. Alexander was seriously wounded in what Indian battle?
(a) Hindu Kush.
(b) The citadel of Chenab.
(d) Jhelum River.
4. After Tyre, all coastal cities fell to Alexander with the exception of which city?
5. Roxanne was the daughter to which baron?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Alexander marry in a ceremony at Susa?
2. What did Alexander decide to do with Darius' body?
3. What did Antipater believe about Alexander's claims to divinity?
4. In which month did the battle of Gaugamela take place?
5. After Persepolis, to what city did Alexander travel?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Massago, in what way did Alexander divide his army, and what orders did he give?
2. Describe Alexander's conquest of Gaza. Why was Gaza an important city to conquer?
3. Describe Alexander's movements and activity in January and February 324 BC. What was his state of mind? What were his plans?
4. What rumor spread during the battle of the Chenab citadel, and what action did Alexander take to stop the rumor?
5. What did Darius' death mean for Alexander, politically?
6. What kind of riches did Alexander discover in India? What compounded any financial difficulties Alexander encountered in India?
7. What action did Alexander take in 324 BC when he arrived in Opis? How did the troops react? How did Alexander respond to this troop reaction?
8. Who were the Successors, and what importance did they have in Alexander's army?
9. What difficulties did Alexander encounter once he reached Oxus? What was the ultimate fate of Bessus?
10. Describe the battle of Gaugamela. How even were the forces? What strategy did Alexander use? What were the results of the battle?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)