|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alexander believed which god was his true father?
2. What role did Alexander envision his Successors would have?
(a) They would travel back to Athens to teach philosophy and science.
(b) They would battle to become king after he died.
(c) They would be officers in his army.
(d) They would be mayors of the various cities he conquered.
3. How long did Alexander spend in Egypt in total?
(a) Two years.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three months.
(d) Fourteen months.
4. Alexander never traveled further than what modern-day territory?
(a) West Turkey.
(b) East China.
(c) East Egypt.
(d) West Pakistan.
5. What happened with the satrap Alexander appointed after Darius' death?
(a) The satrap revolted and Alexander had to quell the revolt.
(b) The satrap traveled to Persepolis to scrounge up any remaining gold from the treasury.
(c) The satrap traveled west to conquer any passed-over territories.
(d) The satrap murdered Parmenio and assumed a position as Alexander's right hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the ethnic makeup of Alexander's army change by the time he entered India?
2. To what land did Alexander plan travel to after India?
3. Why didn't Alexander spend much time in Ecbatana?
4. After Darius' death, whom did Alexander appoint as satrap?
5. What strategy did Alexander use to defeat the Indian army?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the marriages that took place in Susa in 324 BC. How politically effective were these marriages?
2. What did Darius' death mean for Alexander, politically?
3. After Gaza, describe Alexander's campaign through Egypt. How long was he there? What important events happened during his time in Egypt?
4. How did Alexander's relationship with his army change after the battle of Gaugamela?
5. What difficulties did Alexander encounter once he reached Oxus? What was the ultimate fate of Bessus?
6. Describe what happened when Alexander finally reached the Indian Ocean.
7. Describe Alexander's movements and activity in January and February 324 BC. What was his state of mind? What were his plans?
8. Describe the beginning of Alexander's pursuit of Bessus, through the Hindu Kush.
9. In what circumstances did Parmenio meet his end?
10. What was Darius' ultimate fate after his defeat at Gaugamela?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)