|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What initially prevented Alexander from pursuing Bessus after Alexander executed Parmenio?
(a) Alexander fell ill, and stopped to recover.
(b) Alexander had to subdue revolts in the southern satrapies.
(c) Alexander had to travel back to Ionia to quell a rebellion.
(d) Alexander had to seek out an oracle for divine advice.
2. After Darius was deposed, what title was bestowed upon Bessus?
(a) Great King.
(b) The Great Diplomat.
(c) Duke of Ionia.
(d) Lord of the Twelve Countries.
3. By July 325 BC, Alexander had reached what territory?
(d) Hindu Kush.
4. How did Bessus die?
(a) He died of an arrow wound.
(b) Alexander beheaded him.
(c) His men mutinied and murdered him.
(d) He was publicly tried and executed.
5. After Persepolis, which general did Alexander reduce in terms of power and authority?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened with Alexander and his troops at Chenab?
2. How long did Alexander spend in Egypt in total?
3. How did Alexander finance his campaign into the Indian subcontinent?
4. What was the name of Alexander's treasurer?
5. What did Antipater believe about Alexander's claims to divinity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What unique challenge did Alexander face at Jhelum River? How is Jhelum River regarded among the battles of Alexander?
2. What strategy did Alexander take with the city of Ambphi, and why did he pursue this strategy?
3. Describe the marriages that took place in Susa in 324 BC. How politically effective were these marriages?
4. What strategy did Alexander take with conquering Babylon?
5. What kind of riches did Alexander discover in India? What compounded any financial difficulties Alexander encountered in India?
6. What was Darius' ultimate fate after his defeat at Gaugamela?
7. Describe Alexander's movements and activity in January and February 324 BC. What was his state of mind? What were his plans?
8. In what circumstances did Parmenio meet his end?
9. After Massago, in what way did Alexander divide his army, and what orders did he give?
10. What did Darius' death mean for Alexander, politically?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)