|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people did Alexander massacre at Massago?
(a) Forty thousand.
(b) Three hundred.
(c) He entered Massago peacefully.
(d) Seven thousand.
2. Who did Alexander send to Sousa after leaving Gaugamela?
3. Who murdered Darius?
(a) Bessus only.
(b) Nabarzanes only.
(c) Bessus and Nabarzanes.
(d) Bessus and Satibarzanes.
4. How did Bessus die?
(a) His men mutinied and murdered him.
(b) Alexander beheaded him.
(c) He died of an arrow wound.
(d) He was publicly tried and executed.
5. What was the general troop reaction to Alexander's execution of Parmenio?
(a) Open revolt.
(b) More troops than ever were convinced Alexander was a god.
(c) Higher loyalty.
(d) A large level of distrust.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were troops concerned with actions Alexander took in Opis in 324 BC?
2. In which Egyptian city was Alexander proclaimed Pharaoh of Egypt?
3. After Persepolis, to what city did Alexander travel?
4. How did Alexander finance his campaign into the Indian subcontinent?
5. Who was the leader of Gaza when Alexander arrived at the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What unique challenge did Alexander face at Jhelum River? How is Jhelum River regarded among the battles of Alexander?
2. What action did Alexander take in 324 BC when he arrived in Opis? How did the troops react? How did Alexander respond to this troop reaction?
3. What kind of riches did Alexander discover in India? What compounded any financial difficulties Alexander encountered in India?
4. In what circumstances did Parmenio meet his end?
5. How did Alexander's relationship with Parmenio change after the battle of Persepolis?
6. What strategy did Alexander take with the city of Ambphi, and why did he pursue this strategy?
7. Describe Alexander's movements and activity in January and February 324 BC. What was his state of mind? What were his plans?
8. Describe the marriages that took place in Susa in 324 BC. How politically effective were these marriages?
9. Describe Alexander's experience in Chenab as he sailed down the Jhelum River. What action did his army take?
10. What was Alexander's plan after his Indian campaign? What curtailed further plans?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)