|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strategy did Alexander take in regards to Ambphi?
(a) He skipped the city over, for larger conquests.
(b) He recruited all the men of Ambphi into his army.
(c) He was nice and generous, as he needed their help.
(d) He crushed the city in a massacre.
2. What role did Alexander envision his Successors would have?
(a) They would travel back to Athens to teach philosophy and science.
(b) They would be officers in his army.
(c) They would be mayors of the various cities he conquered.
(d) They would battle to become king after he died.
3. Who apprehended Bessus?
(a) Spitamenas and Soghdian barons.
(b) Darius' former personal bodyguards.
(c) A group of the Successors.
4. Why were troops concerned with actions Alexander took in Opis in 324 BC?
(a) They believed Alexander was a god who was angry with them.
(b) They believed Alexander was going to make another push for the Indian Ocean.
(c) They believed Alexander was going to establish a capital in Persia rather than Macedonia.
(d) They believed Alexander was going to abandon them by establishing a capital in Macedonia.
5. When Alexander separated his troops after Massago, where did he send the troops he would not be leading?
(a) North to Russia.
(b) To Arabia.
(c) Through the Khyber Pass.
(d) Back to Macedonia.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Persepolis, which general did Alexander reduce in terms of power and authority?
2. At Chenab, what warning did a soothsayer have for Alexander?
3. How long did it take for Alexander to cross the Hindu Kush?
4. Alexander believed which god was his true father?
5. Who appeared to Alexander in December 325 BC to inform him of the status of his fleet at Hormoz?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the marriages that took place in Susa in 324 BC. How politically effective were these marriages?
2. In what circumstances did Parmenio meet his end?
3. What was Alexander's history with Satibarzanes?
4. Describe Alexander's conquest of Gaza. Why was Gaza an important city to conquer?
5. How did Alexander's relationship with Parmenio change after the battle of Persepolis?
6. Describe what Antipater was doing in Greece while Alexander was away. What did he think of Alexander's claim to divinity? What were his own ambitions for power?
7. What difficulties did Alexander encounter once he reached Oxus? What was the ultimate fate of Bessus?
8. What was Alexander's plan after his Indian campaign? What curtailed further plans?
9. What strategy did Alexander take with the city of Ambphi, and why did he pursue this strategy?
10. What unique challenge did Alexander face at Jhelum River? How is Jhelum River regarded among the battles of Alexander?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)