|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the ethnic makeup of Alexander's army change by the time he entered India?
(a) There were more Macedonians, and less Persians.
(b) There were more pureblood Greeks, and less mixed-breed slaves.
(c) There were more Persians, and less Macedonians.
(d) There were more Africans, and less Persians.
2. In the summer of 331 BC, where did Darius stage his army?
3. Alexander believed which god was his true father?
4. What role did Alexander envision his Successors would have?
(a) They would be mayors of the various cities he conquered.
(b) They would battle to become king after he died.
(c) They would be officers in his army.
(d) They would travel back to Athens to teach philosophy and science.
5. How did Alexander respond to Darius' death?
(a) He felt his only option was to present himself as Darius' choice for successor.
(b) He abandoned his campaign further east, since he had accomplished his ultimate goal.
(c) He pretended that Darius was still alive for political reasons.
(d) He systematically burned all villages to which he came.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Alexander learn from a messenger on his way to Sousa?
2. How long did Alexander spend in Egypt in total?
3. How long did it take for Alexander to cross the Hindu Kush?
4. Who was the leader of Gaza when Alexander arrived at the city?
5. In January 324 BC, Alexander left for which territory?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strategy did Alexander take with the city of Ambphi, and why did he pursue this strategy?
2. What was Darius' ultimate fate after his defeat at Gaugamela?
3. Describe Alexander's experience in Chenab as he sailed down the Jhelum River. What action did his army take?
4. How did Alexander's relationship with Parmenio change after the battle of Persepolis?
5. What was Alexander's plan after his Indian campaign? What curtailed further plans?
6. What was Alexander's history with Satibarzanes?
7. How did Alexander's relationship with his army change after the battle of Gaugamela?
8. Describe the build-up to the battle of Gaugamela. Where was Darius' army located, and what strategy did he try to employ? How did Alexander counter this strategy?
9. After Gaza, describe Alexander's campaign through Egypt. How long was he there? What important events happened during his time in Egypt?
10. What action did Alexander take in 324 BC when he arrived in Opis? How did the troops react? How did Alexander respond to this troop reaction?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)