|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the attitude of Alexander's army after the battle of Gaugamela?
(a) Alexander had to kill dozens of mutinous soldiers.
(b) The army wished to strike for more pay.
(c) Many were completely willing to travel into the Indian subcontinent.
(d) Many wanted to return to Macedonia.
2. Who were the satraps?
(a) Local governors in the Persian empire.
(b) Greek senators.
(c) Expert Persian swordsmen.
(d) A group of seers.
3. Alexander believed which god was his true father?
4. How did Bessus die?
(a) Alexander beheaded him.
(b) He was publicly tried and executed.
(c) He died of an arrow wound.
(d) His men mutinied and murdered him.
5. How long did Alexander spend in Egypt in total?
(a) Two years.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three days.
(d) Fourteen months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Gaza hold out against Alexander's pressure?
2. Who apprehended Bessus?
3. What happened to Harpalus when Alexander initially purged his satraps?
4. When Alexander separated his troops after Massago, where did he send the troops he would not be leading?
5. What order did Alexander give when his army reached Persepolis?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Gaza, describe Alexander's campaign through Egypt. How long was he there? What important events happened during his time in Egypt?
2. What strategy did Alexander take with conquering Babylon?
3. What strategy did Alexander take with the city of Ambphi, and why did he pursue this strategy?
4. What kind of riches did Alexander discover in India? What compounded any financial difficulties Alexander encountered in India?
5. What was Alexander's history with Satibarzanes?
6. Describe the build-up to the battle of Gaugamela. Where was Darius' army located, and what strategy did he try to employ? How did Alexander counter this strategy?
7. After Massago, in what way did Alexander divide his army, and what orders did he give?
8. Describe Alexander's movements and activity in January and February 324 BC. What was his state of mind? What were his plans?
9. Who were the Successors, and what importance did they have in Alexander's army?
10. What political move did Alexander make after Soghdian Rock, and why did he pursue this strategy?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)