|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What initially prevented Alexander from pursuing Bessus after Alexander executed Parmenio?
(a) Alexander had to seek out an oracle for divine advice.
(b) Alexander had to subdue revolts in the southern satrapies.
(c) Alexander fell ill, and stopped to recover.
(d) Alexander had to travel back to Ionia to quell a rebellion.
2. What challenge did Alexander have to overcome at Jhelum River?
(a) Extremely uncertain footing on the banks of the river.
(b) The fact that most of his army abandoned him.
(c) His enemy's formidable war elephants.
(d) A great heat wave.
3. Roxanne was the daughter to which baron?
4. Alexander led his army to which country in the summer of 331 BC?
5. How many people did Alexander massacre at Massago?
(a) Forty thousand.
(b) Three hundred.
(c) Seven thousand.
(d) He entered Massago peacefully.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the effect of the mass marriage ceremony held in Susa in 324 BC?
2. Who did Alexander marry while in India?
3. In which Egyptian city was Alexander proclaimed Pharaoh of Egypt?
4. About how long did Alexander wage war overall?
5. Why did Alexander order Parmenio to be executed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the battle of Gaugamela. How even were the forces? What strategy did Alexander use? What were the results of the battle?
2. Who were the Successors, and what importance did they have in Alexander's army?
3. After Gaza, describe Alexander's campaign through Egypt. How long was he there? What important events happened during his time in Egypt?
4. What action did Alexander take in 324 BC when he arrived in Opis? How did the troops react? How did Alexander respond to this troop reaction?
5. What was Alexander's history with Satibarzanes?
6. What kind of riches did Alexander discover in India? What compounded any financial difficulties Alexander encountered in India?
7. How did Alexander's relationship with his army change after the battle of Gaugamela?
8. Describe the marriages that took place in Susa in 324 BC. How politically effective were these marriages?
9. Describe what happened when Alexander finally reached the Indian Ocean.
10. Describe what Antipater was doing in Greece while Alexander was away. What did he think of Alexander's claim to divinity? What were his own ambitions for power?
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)