|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Darius was deposed, what title was bestowed upon Bessus?
(a) The Great Diplomat.
(b) Great King.
(c) Lord of the Twelve Countries.
(d) Duke of Ionia.
2. What happened with Alexander and his troops at Chenab?
(a) Alexander's army refused to fight.
(b) Alexander easily routed hostile tribes.
(c) Most of his army drowned in Jhelum River.
(d) A portion of the army tried to murder Alexander.
3. What strategy did Alexander take in regards to Ambphi?
(a) He crushed the city in a massacre.
(b) He was nice and generous, as he needed their help.
(c) He skipped the city over, for larger conquests.
(d) He recruited all the men of Ambphi into his army.
4. What did Alexander do to initially confuse the Indian army at the Jhelum River?
(a) He paraded a group of elephants to show the Indian army leader he had an army of elephants.
(b) He let conflicting intelligence about his movements reach the Indian army leader.
(c) He showed only a portion of his army, and kept the majority of the army hidden from view.
(d) He made the Indian army leader believe the gods were against him.
5. Who apprehended Bessus?
(a) Darius' former personal bodyguards.
(b) Spitamenas and Soghdian barons.
(d) A group of the Successors.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the battle of the Chenab citadel, what rumor gained popularity?
2. Who was Antipater's chief rival when Alexander was alive?
3. Who did Alexander send to Sousa after leaving Gaugamela?
4. What order did Alexander give when his army reached Persepolis?
5. What title was given to Alexander after the battle of Gaugamela?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the build-up to the battle of Gaugamela. Where was Darius' army located, and what strategy did he try to employ? How did Alexander counter this strategy?
2. What strategy did Alexander take with conquering Babylon?
3. What action did Alexander take in 324 BC when he arrived in Opis? How did the troops react? How did Alexander respond to this troop reaction?
4. What was Darius' ultimate fate after his defeat at Gaugamela?
5. What did Darius' death mean for Alexander, politically?
6. Describe the marriages that took place in Susa in 324 BC. How politically effective were these marriages?
7. Describe Alexander's conquest of Gaza. Why was Gaza an important city to conquer?
8. Describe the battle of Gaugamela. How even were the forces? What strategy did Alexander use? What were the results of the battle?
9. In what circumstances did Parmenio meet his end?
10. What was Alexander's history with Satibarzanes?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)