|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who led a coup that resulted in Darius losing his crown?
(a) Bessus and Satibarzanes.
(b) Nabarzanes only.
(c) Bessus only.
(d) Bessus and Nabarzanes.
2. Who did Alexander send to Sousa after leaving Gaugamela?
3. How many people did Alexander massacre at Massago?
(a) He entered Massago peacefully.
(b) Seven thousand.
(c) Three hundred.
(d) Forty thousand.
4. After Darius was deposed, what title was bestowed upon Bessus?
(a) The Great Diplomat.
(b) Duke of Ionia.
(c) Lord of the Twelve Countries.
(d) Great King.
5. After Massago, what action did Alexander take with his army?
(a) He paid them to marry Massago women.
(b) He executed the majority of his soldiers.
(c) He split his army up.
(d) He dismissed any man who did not believe in the mission.
Short Answer Questions
1. Roxanne was the daughter to which baron?
2. About how long did Alexander wage war overall?
3. How did the ethnic makeup of Alexander's army change by the time he entered India?
4. Alexander believed which god was his true father?
5. By July 325 BC, Alexander had reached what territory?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strategy did Alexander take with conquering Persepolis?
2. What political move did Alexander make after Soghdian Rock, and why did he pursue this strategy?
3. Describe the battle of Gaugamela. How even were the forces? What strategy did Alexander use? What were the results of the battle?
4. In what circumstances did Parmenio meet his end?
5. How did Alexander's relationship with Parmenio change after the battle of Persepolis?
6. Describe what happened when Alexander finally reached the Indian Ocean.
7. Describe Alexander's experience in Chenab as he sailed down the Jhelum River. What action did his army take?
8. Describe the beginning of Alexander's pursuit of Bessus, through the Hindu Kush.
9. What was Darius' ultimate fate after his defeat at Gaugamela?
10. What was Alexander's plan after his Indian campaign? What curtailed further plans?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)