|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the capital of Macedonia?
2. What regions was Macedonia divided into prior to Alexander's birth?
(a) Upper Macedonia and Lower Macedonia.
(b) Jungle Macedonia and Desert Macedonia.
(c) Eastern Macedonia and Western Macedonia.
(d) North, East, South, and West Macedonia.
3. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
(a) He demanded that the leaders of the revolt surrender.
(b) He demanded that all the men of Thebes be imprisoned.
(c) He demanded all religious iconography in the city to be destroyed.
(d) He demanded all of the city's gold reserves.
4. In what year was Alexander the Great born?
(a) 3 AD.
(b) 356 BC.
(c) 808 BC.
(d) 120 AD.
5. Who did Alexander send to Damascus for the Persian royal treasure?
Short Answer Questions
1. In a settlement after Issus, Darius offered to cede lands west of which river?
2. How did Darius of Persia respond to the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
3. At what age was Alexander appointed Regent of Macedonia?
4. Which Persian king did Alexander oppose in his military campaign?
5. What city state did Alexander attack in 336 BC as he pushed toward the Danube River?
Short Essay Questions
1. What rumor spread during the battle of the Chenab citadel, and what action did Alexander take to stop the rumor?
2. What was Alexander's plan after his Indian campaign? What curtailed further plans?
3. What were the circumstances surrounding Alexander's death? Why is Alexander's death still somewhat of a historical enigma?
4. Describe what happened when Alexander finally reached the Indian Ocean.
5. What immediate actions did Alexander take after his father Philip was murdered?
6. Describe the siege of Tyre in 332 BC. Why was Tyre in a strategically advantageous position? What did Alexander do to overcome this advantage?
7. What strategy did Alexander take with the city of Ambphi, and why did he pursue this strategy?
8. Describe the personal qualities of Alexander as a boy.
9. What did Darius propose at Marathos after the battle of Issus? What was Alexander's response?
10. Who were the Successors, and what importance did they have in Alexander's army?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)