|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is NOT one of the qualities Aristotle bestowed on young Alexander?
(b) Scientific curiosity.
(c) Analytical mind.
(d) Hedonistic view on life.
2. How did Darius of Persia respond to the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
(a) He did not support it, preferring to let the Greeks handle their own affairs.
(b) He did not support it, and tried to conquer the city himself.
(c) He supported it, because he was a staunch ally of Thebes.
(d) He supported it, knowing that it would stall Alexander from invading Persia.
3. At what site did Alexander finally meet Darius himself in battle?
4. At what age was Alexander appointed Regent of Macedonia?
5. Which Persian king did Alexander oppose in his military campaign?
Short Answer Questions
1. What political deal did Alexander strike with queen Ada in Allinda?
2. What was the first town to which Alexander came in the Persian campaign?
3. Which city refused to help Tyre in Alexander's siege?
4. After Issus, Darius supplied the king of which territory with Persian ships?
5. What military strategy did Philip innovate in his battle with the Illyrians?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the events that led to the battle of Chaeronaea.
2. What political move did Alexander make after Soghdian Rock, and why did he pursue this strategy?
3. Describe Alexander's movements and activity in the couple of months prior to his death.
4. Describe the beginning of Alexander's pursuit of Bessus, through the Hindu Kush.
5. What were the circumstances surrounding Alexander's death? Why is Alexander's death still somewhat of a historical enigma?
6. Describe the personal qualities of Alexander as a boy.
7. What strategy did Alexander take with conquering Babylon?
8. What contact did Alexander have with Miletus? How was this contact different than his handling of Thebes?
9. Describe the battle of Pelium, including its pretext and its outcome.
10. What strategy did Alexander take with the city of Ambphi, and why did he pursue this strategy?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)