|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the battle of Granicus, Alexander established a base in what location?
2. What regions was Macedonia divided into prior to Alexander's birth?
(a) Jungle Macedonia and Desert Macedonia.
(b) Eastern Macedonia and Western Macedonia.
(c) Upper Macedonia and Lower Macedonia.
(d) North, East, South, and West Macedonia.
3. What city did Alexander have built after the battle of Granicus?
(b) New Smyrna.
4. What was the outcome of the Battle of Chaeronaea?
(a) Philip won a decisive victory.
(b) Philip did not win, but importantly he managed to destroy the Athenian navy.
(c) Philip was soundly defeated.
(d) Philip fought to an unsatisfying standstill.
5. While in Gordium, what did Alexander take as a sign from Zeus to continue his campaign?
(a) A hawk landing on a statue of Zeus.
(b) A calf born with two heads.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A thunderstorm.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years did Alexander study with Aristotle?
2. Where was Philip when Alexander first led the troops, quelling a rebellion?
3. What monument was built in response to events after the battle of Chaeronaea?
4. What military strategy did Philip innovate in his battle with the Illyrians?
5. At what age was Alexander appointed Regent of Macedonia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the diplomatic fallout in regards to Persia's capturing of Sidon in 345 BC.
2. Describe the personal qualities of Alexander as a boy.
3. Describe King Philip's aggressions toward the Illyrians, the battle that ensued, and the strategy Philip innovated during the battle.
4. Describe the events that led to the battle of Chaeronaea.
5. What did Darius propose at Marathos after the battle of Issus? What was Alexander's response?
6. Describe Alexander's childhood growing up, prior to studying with Aristotle.
7. Describe the battle of Chaeronea. Who won, and how?
8. What was the nature of the deal Alexander struck with Queen Ada in Allinda? Why was this a politically crafty strategy?
9. Describe how Philip was murdered. What was the outcome of this murder?
10. Why did Alexander decide to wage war against Persia? And what steps did Alexander take to raise his army?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)