|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what financial state did Philip leave Macedonia when he died?
(a) Philip died in debt.
(b) Macedonia was bankrupt, and citizens were fleeing the country.
(c) Macedonia was barely making money.
(d) Macedonia was left in a very prosperous state.
2. What strategy did Philip use in 939 to defeat his enemy?
(a) He forced a land war, as opposed to a war on the sea.
(b) He married a rival queen to forge peace.
(c) He used ballista for the first time in a battle.
(d) He forced a sea war, as opposed to a war on land.
3. In Persia's efforts to capture Sidon, whom did Philip support?
(a) The Egyptians.
(b) The Athenians.
(c) The Assyrians.
(d) The Spartans.
4. For his 336 BC to 335 BC military campaign, what kind of training did Alexander have his troops undergo?
(a) Naval warfare.
(b) Desert warfare.
(c) Mountain warfare.
(d) Amphibious warfare.
5. How many troops did Alexander capture and enslave in the battle of Granicus River?
(a) Two thousand.
(b) Three hundred.
(c) Ten thousand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What action by Alexander contributed to the debt of Macedonia prior to the Persian campaign?
2. Mieza was known for what export?
3. Which of the following BEST describes the final strategy Alexander used to enter Tyre?
4. Which is NOT one of the qualities Aristotle bestowed on young Alexander?
5. Which of the following did Alexander NOT do after the battle of Granicus?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Gaza, describe Alexander's campaign through Egypt. How long was he there? What important events happened during his time in Egypt?
2. In what circumstances did Parmenio meet his end?
3. What kind of riches did Alexander discover in India? What compounded any financial difficulties Alexander encountered in India?
4. Describe Alexander's experience in Chenab as he sailed down the Jhelum River. What action did his army take?
5. What difficulties did Alexander encounter once he reached Oxus? What was the ultimate fate of Bessus?
6. Describe the battle of Pelium, including its pretext and its outcome.
7. Describe the values given to Alexander by Aristotle.
8. What strategy did Alexander take with conquering Babylon?
9. What was Alexander's plan after his Indian campaign? What curtailed further plans?
10. Describe Alexander's sack of Thebes. What negotiations occurred (and failed) prior to the city's destruction?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)