|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who killed Amyntus and Caranus?
2. What is the name of the sea east of the Greek mainland?
3. What was different between the way Alexander handled Miletus versus Thebes?
(a) Unlike Thebes, Alexander skipped Miletus over and did not enter it.
(b) Unlike Miletus, Alexander skipped Thebes over and did not enter it.
(c) Unlike Miletus, Alexander spared the people of Thebes.
(d) Unlike Thebes, Alexander spared the people of Miletus.
4. At what site did Alexander finally meet Darius himself in battle?
5. In Persia's efforts to capture Sidon, whom did Philip support?
(a) The Athenians.
(b) The Spartans.
(c) The Egyptians.
(d) The Assyrians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first town to which Alexander came in the Persian campaign?
2. What regions was Macedonia divided into prior to Alexander's birth?
3. Which city refused to help Tyre in Alexander's siege?
4. Where was Philip when Alexander first led the troops, quelling a rebellion?
5. Why was Philip interested in the region of Mt. Pangaeus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Alexander's time in Gordium, including the Gordian Knot and the omen Alexander believed he received from Zeus.
2. Describe how Philip was murdered. What was the outcome of this murder?
3. What important messages did King Philip of Macedon receive in September 356 BC?
4. Describe the battle of Pelium, including its pretext and its outcome.
5. Why did Alexander send Parmenio to Damascus shortly after Alexander met Darius at Marathos? What did Parmenio succeed in procuring?
6. Describe the geography of Macedonia.
7. Describe Alexander's sack of Thebes. What negotiations occurred (and failed) prior to the city's destruction?
8. Describe the major events of the Siege of Halicarnassus.
9. Describe the battle of Chaeronea. Who won, and how?
10. Describe the personal qualities of Alexander as a boy.
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)