|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what event was Philip assassinated?
(a) A peace negotiation.
(b) A speech to the Macedonian assembly.
(c) A battle.
(d) A wedding.
2. Which is NOT one of the qualities Aristotle bestowed on young Alexander?
(b) Analytical mind.
(c) Scientific curiosity.
(d) Hedonistic view on life.
3. What is the name of the sea east of the Greek mainland?
4. What city did Alexander have built after the battle of Granicus?
(c) New Smyrna.
5. Who financed the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which was NOT one of the types of troops Alexander included in his army that battled the Persians?
2. In what financial state did Philip leave Macedonia when he died?
3. What action did Alexander take before and after crossing the Dardanelles River in the Persian campaign?
4. After the battle of Granicus, Alexander established a base in what location?
5. What military strategy did Philip innovate in his battle with the Illyrians?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe King Philip's aggressions toward the Illyrians, the battle that ensued, and the strategy Philip innovated during the battle.
2. Describe the major events of the battle of Granicus River.
3. How did Alexander's actions with the town of Lampsacus relate to his larger strategy in the Persian campaign?
4. Who supported the Thebean uprising? What role did Darius of Persia have in the uprising?
5. Describe the personal qualities of Alexander as a boy.
6. What contact did Alexander have with Miletus? How was this contact different than his handling of Thebes?
7. Describe the battle of Pelium, including its pretext and its outcome.
8. Describe the battle of Chaeronea. Who won, and how?
9. Describe the major events of the Siege of Halicarnassus.
10. What was the nature of the deal Alexander struck with Queen Ada in Allinda? Why was this a politically crafty strategy?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)