|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
(a) He demanded all religious iconography in the city to be destroyed.
(b) He demanded that all the men of Thebes be imprisoned.
(c) He demanded that the leaders of the revolt surrender.
(d) He demanded all of the city's gold reserves.
2. What was different between the way Alexander handled Miletus versus Thebes?
(a) Unlike Miletus, Alexander skipped Thebes over and did not enter it.
(b) Unlike Miletus, Alexander spared the people of Thebes.
(c) Unlike Thebes, Alexander spared the people of Miletus.
(d) Unlike Thebes, Alexander skipped Miletus over and did not enter it.
3. What was Philip's opinion of his son's ambition?
(a) Philip did not recognize it, and Alexander seized power under his nose.
(b) Philip recognized it, but thought Alexander was no threat.
(c) Philip recognized it, and plotted with Olympias to kill Alexander.
(d) Philip recognized it and tried to sire an alternate heir to Alexander.
4. What was the name of Philip's fifth wife?
5. Which city refused to help Tyre in Alexander's siege?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the sea east of the Greek mainland?
2. What was the main weapon of the Macedonian infantry under King Philip?
3. After Issus, Darius supplied the king of which territory with Persian ships?
4. Mieza was known for what export?
5. In a settlement after Issus, Darius offered to cede lands west of which river?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Alexander's actions with the town of Lampsacus relate to his larger strategy in the Persian campaign?
2. Describe the diplomatic fallout in regards to Persia's capturing of Sidon in 345 BC.
3. What did Darius propose at Marathos after the battle of Issus? What was Alexander's response?
4. Who supported the Thebean uprising? What role did Darius of Persia have in the uprising?
5. Why did Alexander decide to wage war against Persia? And what steps did Alexander take to raise his army?
6. Describe the battle of Pelium, including its pretext and its outcome.
7. What important messages did King Philip of Macedon receive in September 356 BC?
8. Describe the values given to Alexander by Aristotle.
9. Describe the siege of Tyre in 332 BC. Why was Tyre in a strategically advantageous position? What did Alexander do to overcome this advantage?
10. What was the last mission on which Philip sent Alexander?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)