|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what financial state did Philip leave Macedonia when he died?
(a) Macedonia was left in a very prosperous state.
(b) Philip died in debt.
(c) Macedonia was barely making money.
(d) Macedonia was bankrupt, and citizens were fleeing the country.
2. After the battle of Granicus, Alexander established a base in what location?
3. For his 336 BC to 335 BC military campaign, what kind of training did Alexander have his troops undergo?
(a) Amphibious warfare.
(b) Naval warfare.
(c) Desert warfare.
(d) Mountain warfare.
4. Which of the following did Alexander NOT do after the battle of Granicus?
(a) He kept existing city officials in place.
(b) He gained control of revenue in the province.
(c) He acquired Lydia.
(d) He acquired Ionia.
5. At what age was Alexander appointed Regent of Macedonia?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was the battle of Pelium fought?
2. What action by Alexander contributed to the debt of Macedonia prior to the Persian campaign?
3. While sieging Tyre, Alexander traveled to which city for reinforcements and his warships?
4. How did the Persian empire prepare for a planned invasion of the Greek mainland around 334 BC?
5. How many years did Alexander study with Aristotle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the last mission on which Philip sent Alexander?
2. What action did Alexander take in 324 BC when he arrived in Opis? How did the troops react? How did Alexander respond to this troop reaction?
3. What difficulties did Alexander encounter once he reached Oxus? What was the ultimate fate of Bessus?
4. What strategy did Alexander take with the city of Ambphi, and why did he pursue this strategy?
5. What did Darius' death mean for Alexander, politically?
6. What kind of riches did Alexander discover in India? What compounded any financial difficulties Alexander encountered in India?
7. What were the circumstances surrounding Alexander's death? Why is Alexander's death still somewhat of a historical enigma?
8. Describe the values given to Alexander by Aristotle.
9. After Massago, in what way did Alexander divide his army, and what orders did he give?
10. Describe the diplomatic fallout in regards to Persia's capturing of Sidon in 345 BC.
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)