|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the battle of Granicus, Alexander established a base in what location?
2. In the summer of 939, with what threat did Philip have to contend?
(a) The possibility of city states joining forces to invade Macedonia.
(b) A great famine which swept Macedonia.
(c) The possibility that Olympias would have him murdered.
(d) An insurrection on the part of the Macedonian assembly.
3. Who financed the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
4. What was Philip's opinion of his son's ambition?
(a) Philip did not recognize it, and Alexander seized power under his nose.
(b) Philip recognized it and tried to sire an alternate heir to Alexander.
(c) Philip recognized it, but thought Alexander was no threat.
(d) Philip recognized it, and plotted with Olympias to kill Alexander.
5. What political deal did Alexander strike with queen Ada in Allinda?
(a) He exiled her, rather than executing her outright.
(b) He agreed to marry her, so that he might become the leader of Allinda.
(c) He supported her in regaining her position in exchange for her naming him as her successor.
(d) He agreed to keep all of her city officials in place, in exchange for her naming him as her successor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a settlement after Issus, Darius offered to cede lands west of which river?
2. What action did Alexander take before and after crossing the Dardanelles River in the Persian campaign?
3. What was the ultimate result of the uprising of Thebes in 335 BC?
4. Which commander opposed Alexander at the battle of Granicus River?
5. What was the outcome of the Battle of Chaeronaea?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the events that led to the battle of Chaeronaea.
2. Describe the battle of Chaeronea. Who won, and how?
3. Describe how Philip was murdered. What was the outcome of this murder?
4. Describe the major events of the Siege of Halicarnassus.
5. Why did Alexander decide to wage war against Persia? And what steps did Alexander take to raise his army?
6. Who supported the Thebean uprising? What role did Darius of Persia have in the uprising?
7. Why did Alexander send Parmenio to Damascus shortly after Alexander met Darius at Marathos? What did Parmenio succeed in procuring?
8. Describe Alexander's time in Gordium, including the Gordian Knot and the omen Alexander believed he received from Zeus.
9. How did Alexander's actions with the town of Lampsacus relate to his larger strategy in the Persian campaign?
10. Describe the diplomatic fallout in regards to Persia's capturing of Sidon in 345 BC.
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)