|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the main weapon of the Macedonian infantry under King Philip?
(a) Short sword.
(b) Double-bladed axe.
2. In Persia's efforts to capture Sidon, whom did Philip support?
(a) The Assyrians.
(b) The Athenians.
(c) The Spartans.
(d) The Egyptians.
3. Where did Darius offer a settlement to Alexander after the battle of Issus?
4. Why was Philip interested in the region of Mt. Pangaeus?
(a) He wished to mine for gold and silver.
(b) He wished to establish a military fort there.
(c) He believed the legendary Fountain of Youth was located there.
(d) He wished to conquer the citizens there because of their disrespect.
5. How many years did Alexander study with Aristotle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was NOT one of the actions Alexander took after his father was murdered?
2. Which of the following statements is true of Alexander as a boy?
3. While in Gordium, what did Alexander take as a sign from Zeus to continue his campaign?
4. What did Alexander and his army build in order to lay siege to Tyre?
5. For his 336 BC to 335 BC military campaign, what kind of training did Alexander have his troops undergo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Philip was murdered. What was the outcome of this murder?
2. Describe Alexander's time in Gordium, including the Gordian Knot and the omen Alexander believed he received from Zeus.
3. What did Darius propose at Marathos after the battle of Issus? What was Alexander's response?
4. Describe the diplomatic fallout in regards to Persia's capturing of Sidon in 345 BC.
5. Describe the major events of the battle of Granicus River.
6. Describe how Philip initially molded his army into a formidable force.
7. Why did Alexander decide to wage war against Persia? And what steps did Alexander take to raise his army?
8. What contact did Alexander have with Miletus? How was this contact different than his handling of Thebes?
9. Describe the geography of Macedonia.
10. What was the nature of the deal Alexander struck with Queen Ada in Allinda? Why was this a politically crafty strategy?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)