|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Alexander marry in a ceremony at Susa?
(a) One wife, the daughter of Antipater.
(b) Two wives, one the daughter of Darius.
(c) Three wives, one the daughter of Olympias.
(d) Seven wives, one for each of the local Indian satraps.
2. When Alexander separated his troops after Massago, where did he send the troops he would not be leading?
(a) Through the Khyber Pass.
(b) Back to Macedonia.
(c) North to Russia.
(d) To Arabia.
3. In January 324 BC, Alexander left for which territory?
4. In the summer of 331 BC, where did Darius stage his army?
5. To what land did Alexander plan travel to after India?
6. Roxanne was the daughter to which baron?
7. On his march to Pakistan, in what way did Alexander's land-bound troops suffer?
(a) They were constantly harassed by bandits.
(b) They suffered from bubonic plague.
(c) They suffered from scurvy.
(d) They lacked food and water.
8. On what island did Alexander build the city of Alexandria?
9. Who led the Indian army that opposed Alexander in India?
10. What mistake did Bessus make in regards to Alexander's crossing of the Hindu Kush?
(a) Bessus believed his own troops were better-trained than Alexander's.
(b) Bessus did not think it would take Alexander so long to cross.
(c) Bessus believed Alexander would take a lower pass, but he did not.
(d) Bessus vastly underestimated the size of Alexander's army.
11. Who did Alexander marry while in India?
12. In January 330 BC, Alexander traveled to which city?
13. What promise did Alexander make to the citizens of Babylon when entering the city?
(a) He promised to exempt them from taxation.
(b) He promised to restore Darius to the Persian throne.
(c) He promised to kill three men for every one man who resisted.
(d) He promised to restore their god.
14. Alexander never traveled further than what modern-day territory?
(a) East China.
(b) West Pakistan.
(c) West Turkey.
(d) East Egypt.
15. Who was Antipater's chief rival when Alexander was alive?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the satraps?
2. What was the ratio of Persians to Macedonians at Gaugamela?
3. What region did Antipater rule as Alexander's regent?
4. Why did Alexander ultimately stop his push eastward into Arabia?
5. What action did Alexander take in Opis in 324 BC in regards to his army?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)