|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take for Alexander to cross the Hindu Kush?
(a) Four months.
(b) Seventeen days.
(c) A year and a half.
(d) Two days.
2. Why were troops concerned with actions Alexander took in Opis in 324 BC?
(a) They believed Alexander was going to make another push for the Indian Ocean.
(b) They believed Alexander was going to abandon them by establishing a capital in Macedonia.
(c) They believed Alexander was a god who was angry with them.
(d) They believed Alexander was going to establish a capital in Persia rather than Macedonia.
3. Who was Antipater's chief rival when Alexander was alive?
4. What initially prevented Alexander from pursuing Bessus after Alexander executed Parmenio?
(a) Alexander fell ill, and stopped to recover.
(b) Alexander had to subdue revolts in the southern satrapies.
(c) Alexander had to travel back to Ionia to quell a rebellion.
(d) Alexander had to seek out an oracle for divine advice.
5. After Tyre, all coastal cities fell to Alexander with the exception of which city?
6. What challenge did Alexander have to overcome at Jhelum River?
(a) The fact that most of his army abandoned him.
(b) Extremely uncertain footing on the banks of the river.
(c) His enemy's formidable war elephants.
(d) A great heat wave.
7. Alexander led his army to which country in the summer of 331 BC?
8. Why did Alexander order Parmenio to be executed?
(a) Parmenio was badly wounded in a battle, and Alexander put Parmenio out of his misery.
(b) Alexander believed that Parmenio was plotting to take Alexander's place.
(c) Alexander believed that Parmenio was tainted with a contagious disease.
(d) Alexander believed that Parmenio fell out of favor with the gods.
9. Where did Alexander travel after Gaugamela?
10. What happened to Harpalus when Alexander initially purged his satraps?
(a) Harpalus was executed by Alexander.
(b) Harpalus was tried and found innocent of all charges.
(c) Harpalus managed to escape Alexander's wrath.
(d) Harpalus was tried and imprisoned for a long while.
11. After Persepolis, to what city did Alexander travel?
12. Persepolis was the burial place of whom?
(a) Alexander's mother.
(b) Macedonian kings.
(c) Athenian senators.
(d) Achaemenid kings.
13. Who did Alexander send to Sousa after leaving Gaugamela?
14. About how long did Alexander wage war overall?
(a) Nineteen years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Twenty-five years.
(d) Twelve years.
15. After Darius' death, whom did Alexander appoint as satrap?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Alexander do to initially confuse the Indian army at the Jhelum River?
2. In which Egyptian city was Alexander proclaimed Pharaoh of Egypt?
3. After Persepolis, which general did Alexander reduce in terms of power and authority?
4. What happened with Alexander and his troops at Chenab?
5. What promise did Alexander make to the citizens of Babylon when entering the city?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)