|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Alexander order Parmenio to be executed?
(a) Alexander believed that Parmenio was tainted with a contagious disease.
(b) Alexander believed that Parmenio fell out of favor with the gods.
(c) Parmenio was badly wounded in a battle, and Alexander put Parmenio out of his misery.
(d) Alexander believed that Parmenio was plotting to take Alexander's place.
2. After Darius' death, whom did Alexander appoint as satrap?
3. About how long did Alexander wage war overall?
(a) Nineteen years.
(b) Twenty-five years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Twelve years.
4. In which Egyptian city was Alexander proclaimed Pharaoh of Egypt?
5. Alexander never traveled further than what modern-day territory?
(a) West Turkey.
(b) West Pakistan.
(c) East Egypt.
(d) East China.
6. What was the name of Alexander's treasurer?
7. Why didn't Alexander spend much time in Ecbatana?
(a) He was in hot pursuit of Darius.
(b) He was in hot pursuit of Parmenio.
(c) He had to attend to a revolt in Macedonia.
(d) He was driven out by its citizens.
8. In February 324 BC, Alexander arrived in which territory?
(b) Hindu Kush.
(c) The Indian Ocean.
9. What battle is said to be Alexander's greatest strategic triumph?
(c) Jhelum River.
10. What did Alexander learn from a messenger on his way to Sousa?
(a) Sousa had already fallen to Philoxenus.
(b) His mother had fallen gravely ill.
(c) Philoxenus had failed to capture Sousa, and was routed.
(d) Darius had regathered his forces there.
11. Who led the Indian army that opposed Alexander in India?
12. Why did Alexander ultimately stop his push eastward into Arabia?
(a) He was told by prophets that further movement would end in disaster.
(b) His mutinous troops forced him to stop.
(c) He became frightened, because legend told of an end to the world.
(d) He wished to settle down and raise a family with Roxanne.
13. When Alexander separated his troops after Massago, where did he send the troops he would not be leading?
(a) Back to Macedonia.
(b) Through the Khyber Pass.
(c) North to Russia.
(d) To Arabia.
14. Who was Antipater's chief rival when Alexander was alive?
15. What did Antipater believe about Alexander's claims to divinity?
(a) Antipater believed Alexander was the evil spawn of Hades.
(b) Antipater believed Alexander was only a minor god.
(c) Antipater believed any such claims were nonsense.
(d) Antipater believed Alexander was the second coming of Zeus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What region did Antipater rule as Alexander's regent?
2. What role did Alexander envision his Successors would have?
3. At Chenab, what warning did a soothsayer have for Alexander?
4. Why were troops concerned with actions Alexander took in Opis in 324 BC?
5. What was Alexander's extent of knowledge of Indian geography, upon entering India?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)