Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the battle of the Chenab citadel, what rumor gained popularity?
(a) Bessus had escaped execution and now threatened Alexander's army.
(b) Zeus had visited Alexander in his tent.
(c) Alexander was dead.
(d) Alexander was broke, and had no way to pay the army.
2. What was the ratio of Persians to Macedonians at Gaugamela?
(a) Five to One.
(b) One to Five.
(c) One-hundred to One.
(d) One to One.
3. Alexander believed which god was his true father?
4. Who was the leader of Gaza when Alexander arrived at the city?
5. Persepolis was the burial place of whom?
(a) Macedonian kings.
(b) Athenian senators.
(c) Alexander's mother.
(d) Achaemenid kings.
6. What order did Alexander give when his army reached Persepolis?
(a) He left the city to his generals, who failed to capture it.
(b) He allowed his army to sack the city and kill all males.
(c) He went around the city, avoiding it.
(d) He was accepted peacefully, and there was no bloodshed or plundering.
7. How long did it take for Alexander to cross the Hindu Kush?
(a) Seventeen days.
(b) A year and a half.
(c) Two days.
(d) Four months.
8. What happened to Harpalus when Alexander initially purged his satraps?
(a) Harpalus was tried and found innocent of all charges.
(b) Harpalus was executed by Alexander.
(c) Harpalus managed to escape Alexander's wrath.
(d) Harpalus was tried and imprisoned for a long while.
9. After Darius was deposed, what title was bestowed upon Bessus?
(a) Lord of the Twelve Countries.
(b) Duke of Ionia.
(c) Great King.
(d) The Great Diplomat.
10. Who led the Indian army that opposed Alexander in India?
11. Who murdered Darius?
(a) Bessus only.
(b) Bessus and Satibarzanes.
(c) Nabarzanes only.
(d) Bessus and Nabarzanes.
12. After Darius' death, whom did Alexander appoint as satrap?
13. In February 324 BC, Alexander arrived in which territory?
(a) Hindu Kush.
(b) The Indian Ocean.
14. What region did Antipater rule as Alexander's regent?
15. Alexander never traveled further than what modern-day territory?
(a) East Egypt.
(b) East China.
(c) West Turkey.
(d) West Pakistan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistake did Bessus make in regards to Alexander's crossing of the Hindu Kush?
2. Who were the satraps?
3. How did Alexander respond to Darius' death?
4. Why did Alexander order Parmenio to be executed?
5. How many boys did Alexander choose to become Successors?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)