Short Essay Questions Key
1. What important messages did King Philip of Macedon receive in September 356 BC?
2. Describe the geography of Macedonia.
3. Describe King Philip's aggressions toward the Illyrians, the battle that ensued, and the strategy Philip innovated during the battle.
4. Describe how Philip initially molded his army into a formidable force.
5. Describe Alexander's childhood growing up, prior to studying with Aristotle.
6. Describe the diplomatic fallout in regards to Persia's capturing of Sidon in 345 BC.
7. Describe the personal qualities of Alexander as a boy.
8. Describe the values given to Alexander by Aristotle.
9. Describe the events that led to the battle of Chaeronaea.
10. Describe the battle of Chaeronea. Who won, and how?
11. What was the last mission on which Philip sent Alexander?
12. Describe how Philip was murdered. What was the outcome of this murder?
13. What immediate actions did Alexander take after his father Philip was murdered?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)