Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1
1. What important messages did King Philip of Macedon receive in September 356 BC?
2. Describe the geography of Macedonia.
3. Describe King Philip's aggressions toward the Illyrians, the battle that ensued, and the strategy Philip innovated during the battle.
4. Describe how Philip initially molded his army into a formidable force.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 2
5. Describe Alexander's childhood growing up, prior to studying with Aristotle.
6. Describe the diplomatic fallout in regards to Persia's capturing of Sidon in 345 BC.
This section contains 1,018 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)