|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 461 - 488.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In response to learning that Philip supported the Persians, what did the Greeks do?
(a) Tried to poison Philip.
(b) Sent men to rob Philip's palace.
(c) Arrested and tortured Philip.
(d) Arrested and tortured one of Philip's men.
2. What monument was built in response to events after the battle of Chaeronaea?
(a) The Great Library.
(b) The Alabaster Tower.
(c) The Hanging Gardens.
(d) The Philippians.
3. What political deal did Alexander strike with queen Ada in Allinda?
(a) He agreed to marry her, so that he might become the leader of Allinda.
(b) He agreed to keep all of her city officials in place, in exchange for her naming him as her successor.
(c) He exiled her, rather than executing her outright.
(d) He supported her in regaining her position in exchange for her naming him as her successor.
4. Who led the troops in an August 338 battle?
(a) Philip only.
(b) Alexander only.
(d) Philip and Alexander.
5. Who appeared to Alexander in December 325 BC to inform him of the status of his fleet at Hormoz?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which Egyptian city was Alexander proclaimed Pharaoh of Egypt?
2. After Tyre, all coastal cities fell to Alexander with the exception of which city?
3. Who did Alexander send to Damascus for the Persian royal treasure?
4. What did Alexander and his army build in order to lay siege to Tyre?
5. Why was Philip interested in the region of Mt. Pangaeus?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)