|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 461 - 488.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the ethnic makeup of Alexander's army change by the time he entered India?
(a) There were more Macedonians, and less Persians.
(b) There were more pureblood Greeks, and less mixed-breed slaves.
(c) There were more Africans, and less Persians.
(d) There were more Persians, and less Macedonians.
2. How many years did Alexander study with Aristotle?
3. Who assassinated Philip?
(c) A jealous former male lover.
4. In Persia's efforts to capture Sidon, whom did Philip support?
(a) The Athenians.
(b) The Spartans.
(c) The Egyptians.
(d) The Assyrians.
5. How did Alexander finance his campaign into the Indian subcontinent?
(a) By levying a large tax on the Greek city-states.
(b) By looting the royal treasury of Persepolis.
(c) By severely reducing the size of his army.
(d) By holding Darius for ransom.
Short Answer Questions
1. By July 325 BC, Alexander had reached what territory?
2. How did Darius of Persia respond to the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
3. How did the citizens of Pattala react to Alexander's arrival?
4. What happened to Harpalus when Alexander initially purged his satraps?
5. What regions was Macedonia divided into prior to Alexander's birth?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)