|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 461 - 488.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which city refused to help Tyre in Alexander's siege?
2. What was Alexander's expectation of riches in India, and what in reality did he find there?
(a) Alexander imagined India was full of riches, and indeed he found many riches there.
(b) Alexander had no hopes for Indian riches, and he was accurate in his prediction.
(c) Alexander had no hopes for Indian riches, and was pleasantly surprised finding many riches there.
(d) Alexander imagined India was full of riches, but in reality he did not acquire much.
3. What disease might have killed Alexander?
(c) Bubonic plague.
(d) Throat cancer.
4. To what land did Alexander plan travel to after India?
5. Who did Alexander marry in a ceremony at Susa?
(a) One wife, the daughter of Antipater.
(b) Two wives, one the daughter of Darius.
(c) Seven wives, one for each of the local Indian satraps.
(d) Three wives, one the daughter of Olympias.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Alexander and his army build in order to lay siege to Tyre?
2. Why did Alexander travel down the Ravi River in Chenab?
3. How long did Gaza hold out against Alexander's pressure?
4. Which commander opposed Alexander at the battle of Granicus River?
5. Where did Alexander travel after Gaugamela?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)