|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 461 - 488.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the satraps?
(a) Local governors in the Persian empire.
(b) Greek senators.
(c) Expert Persian swordsmen.
(d) A group of seers.
2. What was the name of the capital of Macedonia?
3. What was NOT one of the actions Alexander took after his father was murdered?
(a) He maintained the overall principles of his father's administration.
(b) He had several of his political enemies murdered.
(c) He personally murdered Cleopatra's baby and possible heir to the throne, Cananis.
(d) He gave key positions to friends returned from exile.
4. Who assassinated Philip?
(a) A jealous former male lover.
5. What is the name of the sea east of the Greek mainland?
Short Answer Questions
1. After what event did Alexander come down with a high fever and eventually die?
2. What was Alexander's expectation of riches in India, and what in reality did he find there?
3. Roxanne was the daughter to which baron?
4. How long did Alexander spend in Egypt in total?
5. At what event was Philip assassinated?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)