|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 461 - 488.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alexander never traveled further than what modern-day territory?
(a) West Turkey.
(b) East Egypt.
(c) West Pakistan.
(d) East China.
2. Who were the satraps?
(a) Greek senators.
(b) Expert Persian swordsmen.
(c) Local governors in the Persian empire.
(d) A group of seers.
3. Where was Philip when Alexander first led the troops, quelling a rebellion?
(a) With Olympias in Egypt.
(b) In Mieza.
(c) Involved in the Byzantine campaign.
(d) By his side, overseeing the operation.
4. What was the name of Alexander's treasurer?
5. What action did Alexander take before and after crossing the Dardanelles River in the Persian campaign?
(a) He murdered townspeople on either side of the river.
(b) He burned all the crops on the shores of the river.
(c) He built altars to the gods.
(d) He ritualistically bathed the entire army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following BEST describes the final strategy Alexander used to enter Tyre?
2. How many troops did Alexander capture and enslave in the battle of Granicus River?
3. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
4. What happened with the satrap Alexander appointed after Darius' death?
5. At what event was Philip assassinated?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)