|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 461 - 488.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Alexander's expectation of riches in India, and what in reality did he find there?
(a) Alexander imagined India was full of riches, and indeed he found many riches there.
(b) Alexander imagined India was full of riches, but in reality he did not acquire much.
(c) Alexander had no hopes for Indian riches, and was pleasantly surprised finding many riches there.
(d) Alexander had no hopes for Indian riches, and he was accurate in his prediction.
2. What was the general troop reaction to Alexander's execution of Parmenio?
(a) A large level of distrust.
(b) More troops than ever were convinced Alexander was a god.
(c) Higher loyalty.
(d) Open revolt.
3. In 335 BC, who commanded Persian military forces?
(b) Memnon of Rhodes.
(d) Xerxes I.
4. Who did Alexander send to Damascus for the Persian royal treasure?
5. What did Alexander and his army build in order to lay siege to Tyre?
(a) A monument to Zeus.
(b) The first submarine.
(c) A Trojan horse.
(d) A causeway.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Alexander marry while in India?
2. What did Alexander learn from a messenger on his way to Sousa?
3. After Darius was deposed, what title was bestowed upon Bessus?
4. What was the ultimate result of the uprising of Thebes in 335 BC?
5. In which month did the battle of Gaugamela take place?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)