|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 461 - 488.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Alexander spend much time in Ecbatana?
(a) He was in hot pursuit of Darius.
(b) He was driven out by its citizens.
(c) He had to attend to a revolt in Macedonia.
(d) He was in hot pursuit of Parmenio.
2. Which was NOT one of the types of troops Alexander included in his army that battled the Persians?
(a) Animal handlers.
3. Alexander believed which god was his true father?
4. What mistake did Bessus make in regards to Alexander's crossing of the Hindu Kush?
(a) Bessus believed Alexander would take a lower pass, but he did not.
(b) Bessus vastly underestimated the size of Alexander's army.
(c) Bessus did not think it would take Alexander so long to cross.
(d) Bessus believed his own troops were better-trained than Alexander's.
5. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
(a) He demanded all of the city's gold reserves.
(b) He demanded that all the men of Thebes be imprisoned.
(c) He demanded all religious iconography in the city to be destroyed.
(d) He demanded that the leaders of the revolt surrender.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what island did Alexander build the city of Alexandria?
2. Who appeared to Alexander in December 325 BC to inform him of the status of his fleet at Hormoz?
3. In 331 BC, how did Alexander learn about Darius' plan to attack him at the Tigris River?
4. What was different between the way Alexander handled Miletus versus Thebes?
5. In the summer of 939, with what threat did Philip have to contend?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)