|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 461 - 488.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appeared to Alexander in December 325 BC to inform him of the status of his fleet at Hormoz?
2. What happened to Harpalus when Alexander initially purged his satraps?
(a) Harpalus was tried and imprisoned for a long while.
(b) Harpalus was tried and found innocent of all charges.
(c) Harpalus managed to escape Alexander's wrath.
(d) Harpalus was executed by Alexander.
3. What was the ultimate result of the uprising of Thebes in 335 BC?
(a) Thebes' citizens were massacred and the city was burned to the ground.
(b) Thebes' brokered a peace and became part of Alexander's kingdom.
(c) Thebes' citizens were massacred, but the city was left as a fortress.
(d) The city was burned to the ground, but Alexander spared all its citizens.
4. How many boys did Alexander choose to become Successors?
(c) Four hundred.
5. How did Alexander finance his campaign into the Indian subcontinent?
(a) By levying a large tax on the Greek city-states.
(b) By holding Darius for ransom.
(c) By looting the royal treasury of Persepolis.
(d) By severely reducing the size of his army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Alexander send to Damascus for the Persian royal treasure?
2. What disease might have killed Alexander?
3. How long did Alexander spend in Egypt in total?
4. In Persia's efforts to capture Sidon, whom did Philip support?
5. What did Antipater believe about Alexander's claims to divinity?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)