|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 461 - 488.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What military strategy did Philip innovate in his battle with the Illyrians?
(a) Ranged combat with archers.
(b) He used elephants in war for the first time.
(c) A slanted infantry line.
(d) Shields for the front line.
2. Persepolis was the burial place of whom?
(a) Macedonian kings.
(b) Achaemenid kings.
(c) Athenian senators.
(d) Alexander's mother.
3. What action did Alexander take in the Persian campaign in regards to the town of Lampsacus?
(a) He took money from the town in order to leave it alone.
(b) He hired many mercenaries from the town.
(c) He razed the town to the ground.
(d) He sold all of the town's men into slavery.
4. Alexander was seriously wounded in what Indian battle?
(b) Hindu Kush.
(c) The citadel of Chenab.
(d) Jhelum River.
5. When King Philip met the Illyrians in battle, how many Illyrians did he kill, approximately?
(a) Only a handful.
(b) Seven thousand.
(c) Nineteen thousand.
(d) One Hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
2. Why were troops concerned with actions Alexander took in Opis in 324 BC?
3. For his 336 BC to 335 BC military campaign, what kind of training did Alexander have his troops undergo?
4. What was Harpalus' eventual fate?
5. What title was given to Alexander after the battle of Gaugamela?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)