|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 461 - 488.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take for Alexander to cross the Hindu Kush?
(a) Two days.
(b) A year and a half.
(c) Seventeen days.
(d) Four months.
2. Who were the satraps?
(a) Local governors in the Persian empire.
(b) Greek senators.
(c) Expert Persian swordsmen.
(d) A group of seers.
3. Who led the Indian army that opposed Alexander in India?
4. What did Alexander do to initially confuse the Indian army at the Jhelum River?
(a) He let conflicting intelligence about his movements reach the Indian army leader.
(b) He showed only a portion of his army, and kept the majority of the army hidden from view.
(c) He paraded a group of elephants to show the Indian army leader he had an army of elephants.
(d) He made the Indian army leader believe the gods were against him.
5. Persepolis was the burial place of whom?
(a) Achaemenid kings.
(b) Macedonian kings.
(c) Athenian senators.
(d) Alexander's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alexander's most lasting legacy?
2. Who apprehended Bessus?
3. Who financed the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
4. What was the name of the capital of Macedonia?
5. What promise did Alexander make to the citizens of Babylon when entering the city?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)