|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 461 - 488.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strategy did Philip use in 939 to defeat his enemy?
(a) He forced a land war, as opposed to a war on the sea.
(b) He used ballista for the first time in a battle.
(c) He forced a sea war, as opposed to a war on land.
(d) He married a rival queen to forge peace.
2. How did the ethnic makeup of Alexander's army change by the time he entered India?
(a) There were more Africans, and less Persians.
(b) There were more pureblood Greeks, and less mixed-breed slaves.
(c) There were more Macedonians, and less Persians.
(d) There were more Persians, and less Macedonians.
3. Where was Alexander the Great born?
4. What happened to Harpalus when Alexander initially purged his satraps?
(a) Harpalus was tried and found innocent of all charges.
(b) Harpalus was tried and imprisoned for a long while.
(c) Harpalus managed to escape Alexander's wrath.
(d) Harpalus was executed by Alexander.
5. Which of the following BEST describes the final strategy Alexander used to enter Tyre?
(a) He cast dead bodies over the walls, spreading contagion and forcing surrender.
(b) He forced Tyrian ships to a north harbor, and breached the city wall from the south.
(c) He used the front of a ship as a battering ram.
(d) He starved its citizens into submission.
Short Answer Questions
1. What challenge did Alexander have to overcome at Jhelum River?
2. What is the technical military term for a slanted infantry line, such as the one used at the battle of Chaeronaea?
3. After Massago, what action did Alexander take with his army?
4. Why was Philip interested in the region of Mt. Pangaeus?
5. In Persia's efforts to capture Sidon, whom did Philip support?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)