|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 461 - 488.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 335 BC, who commanded Persian military forces?
(a) Memnon of Rhodes.
(d) Xerxes I.
2. Alexander never traveled further than what modern-day territory?
(a) East Egypt.
(b) West Turkey.
(c) East China.
(d) West Pakistan.
3. While in Gordium, what did Alexander take as a sign from Zeus to continue his campaign?
(a) A calf born with two heads.
(b) A hawk landing on a statue of Zeus.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A thunderstorm.
4. How did Darius respond to Alexander's successful siege of Tyre?
(a) He proposed another peace settlement.
(b) He relinquished the throne and fled.
(c) He captured the neighboring city of Sidon.
(d) He tried to recapture the city.
5. Alexander was seriously wounded in what Indian battle?
(b) The citadel of Chenab.
(c) Jhelum River.
(d) Hindu Kush.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Darius of Persia respond to the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
2. How long did it take for Alexander to cross the Hindu Kush?
3. Which commander opposed Alexander at the battle of Granicus River?
4. When Alexander separated his troops after Massago, where did he send the troops he would not be leading?
5. What did Alexander do to initially confuse the Indian army at the Jhelum River?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)