|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 461 - 488.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Alexander separated his troops after Massago, where did he send the troops he would not be leading?
(a) North to Russia.
(b) Back to Macedonia.
(c) To Arabia.
(d) Through the Khyber Pass.
2. How did Alexander deal with the Gordian Knot?
(a) He was unable to untie the knot, in the end.
(b) He painstakingly unraveled it.
(c) He attached horses to either end and had them run in opposite directions.
(d) He cut it in half with a sword.
3. What strategy did Alexander take in regards to Ambphi?
(a) He recruited all the men of Ambphi into his army.
(b) He skipped the city over, for larger conquests.
(c) He crushed the city in a massacre.
(d) He was nice and generous, as he needed their help.
4. What was the first town to which Alexander came in the Persian campaign?
5. Why didn't Alexander spend much time in Ecbatana?
(a) He was in hot pursuit of Darius.
(b) He was driven out by its citizens.
(c) He was in hot pursuit of Parmenio.
(d) He had to attend to a revolt in Macedonia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strategy did Alexander use to defeat the Indian army?
2. Who led the Indian army that opposed Alexander in India?
3. Which of the following BEST describes the final strategy Alexander used to enter Tyre?
4. What action did Alexander take before and after crossing the Dardanelles River in the Persian campaign?
5. Where was Alexander the Great born?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)