|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 461 - 488.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what land did Alexander plan travel to after India?
2. What was the attitude of Alexander's army after the battle of Gaugamela?
(a) Many were completely willing to travel into the Indian subcontinent.
(b) Many wanted to return to Macedonia.
(c) The army wished to strike for more pay.
(d) Alexander had to kill dozens of mutinous soldiers.
3. What was Alexander's expectation of riches in India, and what in reality did he find there?
(a) Alexander imagined India was full of riches, but in reality he did not acquire much.
(b) Alexander imagined India was full of riches, and indeed he found many riches there.
(c) Alexander had no hopes for Indian riches, and was pleasantly surprised finding many riches there.
(d) Alexander had no hopes for Indian riches, and he was accurate in his prediction.
4. Why did Alexander stay outside of the city of Babylon in 323 BC?
(a) A plague had enveloped the city.
(b) He was kept out by fierce citizen-warriors.
(c) His seers predicted disaster if he were to enter.
(d) By this time, Alexander refused to enter any city at all.
5. Who led a coup that resulted in Darius losing his crown?
(a) Nabarzanes only.
(b) Bessus only.
(c) Bessus and Satibarzanes.
(d) Bessus and Nabarzanes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What initially prevented Alexander from pursuing Bessus after Alexander executed Parmenio?
2. What is the date of Alexander's death?
3. How did the Persian empire prepare for a planned invasion of the Greek mainland around 334 BC?
4. Why was the Persian invasion of Greece called off?
5. Where was Philip when Alexander first led the troops, quelling a rebellion?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)