|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 461 - 488.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who apprehended Bessus?
(b) A group of the Successors.
(c) Spitamenas and Soghdian barons.
(d) Darius' former personal bodyguards.
2. In a settlement after Issus, Darius offered to cede lands west of which river?
3. How many years did Alexander study with Aristotle?
4. In response to learning that Philip supported the Persians, what did the Greeks do?
(a) Arrested and tortured Philip.
(b) Sent men to rob Philip's palace.
(c) Arrested and tortured one of Philip's men.
(d) Tried to poison Philip.
5. When did Alexander begin his war against the Persians?
(a) 315 BC.
(b) 117 AD.
(c) 334 BC.
(d) 348 BC.
Short Answer Questions
1. What challenge did Alexander have to overcome at Jhelum River?
2. Before he died, Alexander had ambitious plans to conquer what part of the world?
3. What action did Alexander take before and after crossing the Dardanelles River in the Persian campaign?
4. What did Antipater believe about Alexander's claims to divinity?
5. What battle is said to be Alexander's greatest strategic triumph?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)