|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 461 - 488.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strategy did Philip use in 939 to defeat his enemy?
(a) He married a rival queen to forge peace.
(b) He forced a sea war, as opposed to a war on land.
(c) He used ballista for the first time in a battle.
(d) He forced a land war, as opposed to a war on the sea.
2. What was different between the way Alexander handled Miletus versus Thebes?
(a) Unlike Miletus, Alexander skipped Thebes over and did not enter it.
(b) Unlike Thebes, Alexander skipped Miletus over and did not enter it.
(c) Unlike Miletus, Alexander spared the people of Thebes.
(d) Unlike Thebes, Alexander spared the people of Miletus.
3. What is the name of the sea east of the Greek mainland?
4. In January 330 BC, Alexander traveled to which city?
5. What did Alexander learn from a messenger on his way to Sousa?
(a) Darius had regathered his forces there.
(b) His mother had fallen gravely ill.
(c) Sousa had already fallen to Philoxenus.
(d) Philoxenus had failed to capture Sousa, and was routed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the general troop reaction to Alexander's execution of Parmenio?
2. How long did Alexander spend in Egypt in total?
3. While sieging Tyre, Alexander traveled to which city for reinforcements and his warships?
4. At what site did Alexander finally meet Darius himself in battle?
5. After Persepolis, to what city did Alexander travel?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)