|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 461 - 488.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Alexander's extent of knowledge of Indian geography, upon entering India?
(a) He claimed to have been divinely told about Indian geography, angering his troops.
(b) Aristotle had taught him about the major geographical features of India.
(c) Having traveled there twice in the past, he was quite knowledgeable about Indian geography.
(d) He had no knowledge of Indian geography.
2. What was Thebes' immediate reaction to Alexander assuming the Macedonian throne?
(a) They openly accepted Alexander as their king.
(b) They kidnapped Alexander's mother Olympias.
(c) They expelled Alexander's troops from the city.
(d) They tried to bribe members of the Macedonian assembly to depose Alexander.
3. Persepolis was the burial place of whom?
(a) Achaemenid kings.
(b) Alexander's mother.
(c) Athenian senators.
(d) Macedonian kings.
4. What challenge did Alexander have to overcome at Jhelum River?
(a) A great heat wave.
(b) His enemy's formidable war elephants.
(c) Extremely uncertain footing on the banks of the river.
(d) The fact that most of his army abandoned him.
5. What was Philip's opinion of his son's ambition?
(a) Philip recognized it and tried to sire an alternate heir to Alexander.
(b) Philip recognized it, and plotted with Olympias to kill Alexander.
(c) Philip did not recognize it, and Alexander seized power under his nose.
(d) Philip recognized it, but thought Alexander was no threat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people did Alexander massacre at Massago?
2. What mistake did Bessus make in regards to Alexander's crossing of the Hindu Kush?
3. Which Persian king did Alexander oppose in his military campaign?
4. How many troops did Alexander capture and enslave in the battle of Granicus River?
5. Where was Alexander the Great born?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)