|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 461 - 488.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role did Alexander envision his Successors would have?
(a) They would travel back to Athens to teach philosophy and science.
(b) They would battle to become king after he died.
(c) They would be officers in his army.
(d) They would be mayors of the various cities he conquered.
2. What kind of military leader was King Philip?
(a) He did not keep much of an army during his reign.
(b) He relied heavily on improvisation and instinct.
(c) He was a procrastinator who did not insist on high standards.
(d) He was a strict disciplinarian.
3. Alexander never traveled further than what modern-day territory?
(a) West Pakistan.
(b) East China.
(c) East Egypt.
(d) West Turkey.
4. What was the name of Philip's fifth wife?
5. How did the ethnic makeup of Alexander's army change by the time he entered India?
(a) There were more Persians, and less Macedonians.
(b) There were more Africans, and less Persians.
(c) There were more pureblood Greeks, and less mixed-breed slaves.
(d) There were more Macedonians, and less Persians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What title was given to Alexander after the battle of Gaugamela?
2. What strategy did Alexander take in regards to Ambphi?
3. Where was Philip when Alexander first led the troops, quelling a rebellion?
4. Why did Alexander encourage his men to marry in Persia?
5. In Persia's efforts to capture Sidon, whom did Philip support?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)