|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 461 - 488.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Alexander encourage his men to marry in Persia?
(a) Alexander thought Persian women were extraordinarily beautiful.
(b) Alexander believed that Zeus himself had given the order to him.
(c) Alexander believed this would help the men miss their families less.
(d) Alexander had a belief that sexual energy in his men was bad for combat.
2. Who led the troops in an August 338 battle?
(a) Philip only.
(b) Philip and Alexander.
(d) Alexander only.
3. What was the Macedonian infantry known as?
(a) The Warrior Eagles.
(b) The Foot Companions.
(c) The Fighting Macedons.
(d) Ground Quake.
4. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Thebes offer its surrender?
(a) City leaders demanded the surrender of two of Alexander's military leaders.
(b) City leaders demanded that their women survive unharmed.
(c) City leaders demanded that Alexander conquer their enemy, Thrace.
(d) City leaders demanded Alexander relinquish the Macedonian crown.
5. At the battle of the Chenab citadel, what rumor gained popularity?
(a) Bessus had escaped execution and now threatened Alexander's army.
(b) Alexander was dead.
(c) Zeus had visited Alexander in his tent.
(d) Alexander was broke, and had no way to pay the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Persian empire prepare for a planned invasion of the Greek mainland around 334 BC?
2. Who murdered Darius?
3. What promise did Alexander make to the citizens of Babylon when entering the city?
4. What battle is said to be Alexander's greatest strategic triumph?
5. Where was Alexander the Great born?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)