|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 461 - 488.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Darius murdered?
(a) Darius was murdered in a ransom gone wrong.
(b) Darius was murdered so that Alexander could not capture him and have an orderly succession.
(c) Darius was murdered by the citizens of Persepolis as revenge for the city's sacking.
(d) Darius was murdered in a fit of blind rage.
2. After Issus, Darius supplied the king of which territory with Persian ships?
3. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Thebes offer its surrender?
(a) City leaders demanded that Alexander conquer their enemy, Thrace.
(b) City leaders demanded the surrender of two of Alexander's military leaders.
(c) City leaders demanded that their women survive unharmed.
(d) City leaders demanded Alexander relinquish the Macedonian crown.
4. About how long did Alexander wage war overall?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) Nineteen years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Twenty-five years.
5. Who did Alexander send to Damascus for the Persian royal treasure?
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistake did Bessus make in regards to Alexander's crossing of the Hindu Kush?
2. How did the Persian empire prepare for a planned invasion of the Greek mainland around 334 BC?
3. What was the main weapon of the Macedonian infantry under King Philip?
4. In the summer of 939, with what threat did Philip have to contend?
5. In the summer of 331 BC, where did Darius stage his army?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)