|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 461 - 488.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Persia's efforts to capture Sidon, whom did Philip support?
(a) The Spartans.
(b) The Assyrians.
(c) The Egyptians.
(d) The Athenians.
2. After Persepolis, which general did Alexander reduce in terms of power and authority?
3. Who was the leader of Gaza when Alexander arrived at the city?
4. What was the outcome of the Battle of Chaeronaea?
(a) Philip did not win, but importantly he managed to destroy the Athenian navy.
(b) Philip was soundly defeated.
(c) Philip fought to an unsatisfying standstill.
(d) Philip won a decisive victory.
5. How long did Gaza hold out against Alexander's pressure?
(a) Three days.
(b) One year.
(c) It immediately surrendered.
(d) Two months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Alexander respond to Darius' settlement offer after Issus?
2. What happened to Alexander in Oxus?
3. While sieging Tyre, Alexander traveled to which city for reinforcements and his warships?
4. Roxanne was the daughter to which baron?
5. How many people did Alexander massacre at Massago?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)