|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 461 - 488.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Tyre difficult to capture?
(a) Its army was exceedingly well trained.
(b) It was located on an island, and had walls on the shores.
(c) It received funding for warships from Demosthenes.
(d) Its citizens were violent religious zealots.
2. Which of the following statements is true of Alexander as a boy?
(a) Alexander never held grudges, and was always quick to forgive.
(b) Alexander loathed his mother and much preferred his father.
(c) Alexander was jealous of his father's military conquests.
(d) Alexander was shy and unassuming, and cared little for glory.
3. Why was the Persian invasion of Greece called off?
(a) Darius ran out of money.
(b) Alexander soundly defeated Memnon in Phoenicia.
(c) A great earthquake was taken as a sign to call off the invasion.
(d) Memnon died unexpectedly.
4. Where did Alexander travel after Gaugamela?
5. In which Egyptian city was Alexander proclaimed Pharaoh of Egypt?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take for Alexander to cross the Hindu Kush?
2. In what year was Alexander the Great born?
3. At Chenab, what warning did a soothsayer have for Alexander?
4. How many boys did Alexander choose to become Successors?
5. Why did Alexander order Parmenio to be executed?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)