|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 461 - 488.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the general troop reaction to Alexander's execution of Parmenio?
(a) A large level of distrust.
(b) Open revolt.
(c) More troops than ever were convinced Alexander was a god.
(d) Higher loyalty.
2. How did Darius of Persia respond to the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
(a) He supported it, because he was a staunch ally of Thebes.
(b) He did not support it, preferring to let the Greeks handle their own affairs.
(c) He supported it, knowing that it would stall Alexander from invading Persia.
(d) He did not support it, and tried to conquer the city himself.
3. Which of the following statements is true of Alexander as a boy?
(a) Alexander was shy and unassuming, and cared little for glory.
(b) Alexander loathed his mother and much preferred his father.
(c) Alexander never held grudges, and was always quick to forgive.
(d) Alexander was jealous of his father's military conquests.
4. About how long did Alexander wage war overall?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) Twenty-five years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Nineteen years.
5. What was the ultimate result of the uprising of Thebes in 335 BC?
(a) The city was burned to the ground, but Alexander spared all its citizens.
(b) Thebes' brokered a peace and became part of Alexander's kingdom.
(c) Thebes' citizens were massacred, but the city was left as a fortress.
(d) Thebes' citizens were massacred and the city was burned to the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Alexander separated his troops after Massago, where did he send the troops he would not be leading?
2. What was Harpalus' eventual fate?
3. At the battle of the Chenab citadel, what rumor gained popularity?
4. In which Egyptian city was Alexander proclaimed Pharaoh of Egypt?
5. What was the outcome of the Battle of Chaeronaea?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)