|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 379-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Thebes' immediate reaction to Alexander assuming the Macedonian throne?
(a) They tried to bribe members of the Macedonian assembly to depose Alexander.
(b) They expelled Alexander's troops from the city.
(c) They kidnapped Alexander's mother Olympias.
(d) They openly accepted Alexander as their king.
2. After the battle of Granicus, Alexander established a base in what location?
3. What happened to Alexander in Oxus?
(a) He had to order the execution of Parmenio.
(b) He survived an assassination attempt by a former male lover.
(c) He learned of his mother's death from a messenger.
(d) Many troops mutinied.
4. Why did Alexander ultimately stop his push eastward into Arabia?
(a) He was told by prophets that further movement would end in disaster.
(b) He wished to settle down and raise a family with Roxanne.
(c) He became frightened, because legend told of an end to the world.
(d) His mutinous troops forced him to stop.
5. After Darius was deposed, what title was bestowed upon Bessus?
(a) Lord of the Twelve Countries.
(b) Great King.
(c) The Great Diplomat.
(d) Duke of Ionia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What action by Alexander contributed to the debt of Macedonia prior to the Persian campaign?
2. Where was Philip when Alexander first led the troops, quelling a rebellion?
3. Who did Alexander marry while in India?
4. What was NOT one of the actions Alexander took after his father was murdered?
5. How did Darius respond to Alexander's successful siege of Tyre?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)