|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 379-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in Gordium, what did Alexander take as a sign from Zeus to continue his campaign?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A hawk landing on a statue of Zeus.
(c) A calf born with two heads.
(d) A thunderstorm.
2. Who was the mother of Alexander?
3. After the battle of Granicus, Alexander established a base in what location?
4. What promise did Alexander make to the citizens of Babylon when entering the city?
(a) He promised to kill three men for every one man who resisted.
(b) He promised to exempt them from taxation.
(c) He promised to restore Darius to the Persian throne.
(d) He promised to restore their god.
5. How did Bessus die?
(a) His men mutinied and murdered him.
(b) He died of an arrow wound.
(c) He was publicly tried and executed.
(d) Alexander beheaded him.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Thebes offer its surrender?
2. What was different between the way Alexander handled Miletus versus Thebes?
3. How did Alexander respond to Darius' death?
4. What was the main weapon of the Macedonian infantry under King Philip?
5. In which month did the battle of Gaugamela take place?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)