|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 379-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Darius was deposed, what title was bestowed upon Bessus?
(a) Great King.
(b) Duke of Ionia.
(c) Lord of the Twelve Countries.
(d) The Great Diplomat.
2. What happened to Alexander in Oxus?
(a) He had to order the execution of Parmenio.
(b) He survived an assassination attempt by a former male lover.
(c) Many troops mutinied.
(d) He learned of his mother's death from a messenger.
3. In the summer of 939, with what threat did Philip have to contend?
(a) The possibility of city states joining forces to invade Macedonia.
(b) An insurrection on the part of the Macedonian assembly.
(c) The possibility that Olympias would have him murdered.
(d) A great famine which swept Macedonia.
4. How did Darius of Persia respond to the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
(a) He did not support it, and tried to conquer the city himself.
(b) He supported it, because he was a staunch ally of Thebes.
(c) He did not support it, preferring to let the Greeks handle their own affairs.
(d) He supported it, knowing that it would stall Alexander from invading Persia.
5. At what event was Philip assassinated?
(a) A speech to the Macedonian assembly.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A battle.
(d) A peace negotiation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the ratio of Persians to Macedonians at Gaugamela?
2. Why didn't Alexander spend much time in Ecbatana?
3. After Issus, Darius supplied the king of which territory with Persian ships?
4. While sieging Tyre, Alexander traveled to which city for reinforcements and his warships?
5. Who murdered Darius?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)