|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 379-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action did Alexander take in the Persian campaign in regards to the town of Lampsacus?
(a) He took money from the town in order to leave it alone.
(b) He razed the town to the ground.
(c) He sold all of the town's men into slavery.
(d) He hired many mercenaries from the town.
2. What was the first town to which Alexander came in the Persian campaign?
3. After Tyre, all coastal cities fell to Alexander with the exception of which city?
4. Who assassinated Philip?
(c) A jealous former male lover.
5. Where was Alexander the Great born?
Short Answer Questions
1. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
2. What is the technical military term for a slanted infantry line, such as the one used at the battle of Chaeronaea?
3. What was the name of Philip's fifth wife?
4. What battle is said to be Alexander's greatest strategic triumph?
5. Which BEST characterizes the environment in which Alexander as a child was brought up?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)