|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 379-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Alexander send to Damascus for the Persian royal treasure?
2. How did Alexander respond to Darius' death?
(a) He systematically burned all villages to which he came.
(b) He pretended that Darius was still alive for political reasons.
(c) He felt his only option was to present himself as Darius' choice for successor.
(d) He abandoned his campaign further east, since he had accomplished his ultimate goal.
3. To what land did Alexander plan travel to after India?
4. What role did Alexander envision his Successors would have?
(a) They would travel back to Athens to teach philosophy and science.
(b) They would be mayors of the various cities he conquered.
(c) They would battle to become king after he died.
(d) They would be officers in his army.
5. On what island did Alexander build the city of Alexandria?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the ratio of Persians to Macedonians at Gaugamela?
2. Where did Alexander begin his studies with Aristotle?
3. Persepolis was the burial place of whom?
4. Who led the Indian army that opposed Alexander in India?
5. What political deal did Alexander strike with queen Ada in Allinda?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)