|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 379-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Darius' death, whom did Alexander appoint as satrap?
2. At what site did Alexander finally meet Darius himself in battle?
3. What was Philip's stance on Panhellenism?
(a) He was raised to respect and embrace the movement.
(b) He was indifferent, since the movement did not affect him.
(c) He hated the notion, and worked against it at every turn.
(d) He tolerated it only if he could use it to his advantage.
4. After Massago, what action did Alexander take with his army?
(a) He split his army up.
(b) He paid them to marry Massago women.
(c) He executed the majority of his soldiers.
(d) He dismissed any man who did not believe in the mission.
5. What was Thebes' immediate reaction to Alexander assuming the Macedonian throne?
(a) They openly accepted Alexander as their king.
(b) They tried to bribe members of the Macedonian assembly to depose Alexander.
(c) They kidnapped Alexander's mother Olympias.
(d) They expelled Alexander's troops from the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which year did the Persians capture Sidon from the Greeks?
2. In a settlement after Issus, Darius offered to cede lands west of which river?
3. How many troops did Alexander capture and enslave in the battle of Granicus River?
4. In Persia's efforts to capture Sidon, whom did Philip support?
5. How long did it take for Alexander to cross the Hindu Kush?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)