|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 379-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city state did Alexander attack in 336 BC as he pushed toward the Danube River?
2. Who killed Amyntus and Caranus?
3. Why was Darius murdered?
(a) Darius was murdered in a ransom gone wrong.
(b) Darius was murdered in a fit of blind rage.
(c) Darius was murdered by the citizens of Persepolis as revenge for the city's sacking.
(d) Darius was murdered so that Alexander could not capture him and have an orderly succession.
4. Who did Alexander marry while in India?
5. What monument was built in response to events after the battle of Chaeronaea?
(a) The Hanging Gardens.
(b) The Great Library.
(c) The Philippians.
(d) The Alabaster Tower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alexander believed which god was his true father?
2. For his 336 BC to 335 BC military campaign, what kind of training did Alexander have his troops undergo?
3. Which is NOT one of the qualities Aristotle bestowed on young Alexander?
4. Why was the Persian invasion of Greece called off?
5. Which of the following was NOT captured by Alexander at Damascus?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)