|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 379-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What political deal did Alexander strike with queen Ada in Allinda?
(a) He supported her in regaining her position in exchange for her naming him as her successor.
(b) He agreed to marry her, so that he might become the leader of Allinda.
(c) He exiled her, rather than executing her outright.
(d) He agreed to keep all of her city officials in place, in exchange for her naming him as her successor.
2. After Persepolis, which general did Alexander reduce in terms of power and authority?
3. After Tyre, all coastal cities fell to Alexander with the exception of which city?
4. Which Persian king did Alexander oppose in his military campaign?
5. What challenge did Alexander have to overcome at Jhelum River?
(a) The fact that most of his army abandoned him.
(b) Extremely uncertain footing on the banks of the river.
(c) His enemy's formidable war elephants.
(d) A great heat wave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the attitude of Alexander's army after the battle of Gaugamela?
2. What monument was built in response to events after the battle of Chaeronaea?
3. What strategy did Alexander take in regards to Ambphi?
4. At what event was Philip assassinated?
5. What strategy did Philip use in 939 to defeat his enemy?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)