|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 379-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strategy did Alexander use to defeat the Indian army?
(a) He used complex siege tactics with catapults and trebuchets.
(b) He had the leader assassinated.
(c) He divided his army.
(d) He used only his most veteran warriors.
2. What was the name of the capital of Macedonia?
3. What kind of military leader was King Philip?
(a) He did not keep much of an army during his reign.
(b) He was a strict disciplinarian.
(c) He was a procrastinator who did not insist on high standards.
(d) He relied heavily on improvisation and instinct.
4. At what event was Philip assassinated?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A peace negotiation.
(c) A battle.
(d) A speech to the Macedonian assembly.
5. Who led the troops in an August 338 battle?
(a) Philip only.
(b) Philip and Alexander.
(c) Alexander only.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Persian king did Alexander oppose in his military campaign?
2. What city did Alexander have built after the battle of Granicus?
3. What did Alexander learn from a messenger on his way to Sousa?
4. Why was Philip interested in the region of Mt. Pangaeus?
5. In which Egyptian city was Alexander proclaimed Pharaoh of Egypt?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)