|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 379-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who led a coup that resulted in Darius losing his crown?
(a) Nabarzanes only.
(b) Bessus only.
(c) Bessus and Nabarzanes.
(d) Bessus and Satibarzanes.
2. When King Philip met the Illyrians in battle, how many Illyrians did he kill, approximately?
(a) Seven thousand.
(b) One Hundred.
(c) Nineteen thousand.
(d) Only a handful.
3. Persepolis was the burial place of whom?
(a) Macedonian kings.
(b) Achaemenid kings.
(c) Alexander's mother.
(d) Athenian senators.
4. Which of the following statements is true of Alexander as a boy?
(a) Alexander loathed his mother and much preferred his father.
(b) Alexander was shy and unassuming, and cared little for glory.
(c) Alexander was jealous of his father's military conquests.
(d) Alexander never held grudges, and was always quick to forgive.
5. How many people did Alexander massacre at Massago?
(a) He entered Massago peacefully.
(b) Forty thousand.
(c) Three hundred.
(d) Seven thousand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who led the Indian army that opposed Alexander in India?
2. What kind of military leader was King Philip?
3. How did Alexander respond to Darius' death?
4. In what year was Alexander the Great born?
5. What action did Alexander take in the Persian campaign in regards to the town of Lampsacus?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)