|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 379-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which city refused to help Tyre in Alexander's siege?
2. Why was Darius murdered?
(a) Darius was murdered in a ransom gone wrong.
(b) Darius was murdered by the citizens of Persepolis as revenge for the city's sacking.
(c) Darius was murdered in a fit of blind rage.
(d) Darius was murdered so that Alexander could not capture him and have an orderly succession.
3. How did Darius of Persia respond to the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
(a) He did not support it, and tried to conquer the city himself.
(b) He did not support it, preferring to let the Greeks handle their own affairs.
(c) He supported it, because he was a staunch ally of Thebes.
(d) He supported it, knowing that it would stall Alexander from invading Persia.
4. Who assassinated Philip?
(d) A jealous former male lover.
5. Where did Alexander begin his studies with Aristotle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What occurred in the siege of Halicarnassus?
2. What made Tyre difficult to capture?
3. How did the ethnic makeup of Alexander's army change by the time he entered India?
4. In January 330 BC, Alexander traveled to which city?
5. What action did Alexander take in the Persian campaign in regards to the town of Lampsacus?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)