|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 379-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city did Alexander have built after the battle of Granicus?
(b) New Smyrna.
2. In 335 BC, who commanded Persian military forces?
(a) Memnon of Rhodes.
(d) Xerxes I.
3. How many boys did Alexander choose to become Successors?
(d) Four hundred.
4. What was the main weapon of the Macedonian infantry under King Philip?
(a) Short sword.
(d) Double-bladed axe.
5. What was the outcome of the Battle of Chaeronaea?
(a) Philip fought to an unsatisfying standstill.
(b) Philip won a decisive victory.
(c) Philip did not win, but importantly he managed to destroy the Athenian navy.
(d) Philip was soundly defeated.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Darius' death, whom did Alexander appoint as satrap?
2. Why did Alexander ultimately stop his push eastward into Arabia?
3. Which commander opposed Alexander at the battle of Granicus River?
4. Who led the troops in an August 338 battle?
5. Roxanne was the daughter to which baron?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)