|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 379-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Alexander begin his war against the Persians?
(a) 315 BC.
(b) 348 BC.
(c) 334 BC.
(d) 117 AD.
2. Which commander opposed Alexander at the battle of Granicus River?
3. After Issus, Darius supplied the king of which territory with Persian ships?
4. After Darius' death, whom did Alexander appoint as satrap?
5. What was different between the way Alexander handled Miletus versus Thebes?
(a) Unlike Miletus, Alexander skipped Thebes over and did not enter it.
(b) Unlike Miletus, Alexander spared the people of Thebes.
(c) Unlike Thebes, Alexander spared the people of Miletus.
(d) Unlike Thebes, Alexander skipped Miletus over and did not enter it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which BEST characterizes Olympias' relationship with Alexander?
2. What kind of military leader was King Philip?
3. What strategy did Philip use in 939 to defeat his enemy?
4. What was NOT one of the actions Alexander took after his father was murdered?
5. In response to learning that Philip supported the Persians, what did the Greeks do?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)