|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 379-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the attitude of Alexander's army after the battle of Gaugamela?
(a) Alexander had to kill dozens of mutinous soldiers.
(b) The army wished to strike for more pay.
(c) Many were completely willing to travel into the Indian subcontinent.
(d) Many wanted to return to Macedonia.
2. During the battle of Granicus River, where was Alexander located?
(a) He fought alongside his men.
(b) He was in Athens receiving further counsel from Aristotle.
(c) He watched the battle unfold from a nearby hill.
(d) He was in Pella trying to raise money for the war effort.
3. How could Macedonia be characterized prior to Philip's rule?
(a) Mystical and feared.
(b) Warlike and imperial.
(c) Peaceful and powerful.
(d) Weak and insignificant.
4. Why did Alexander encourage his men to marry in Persia?
(a) Alexander thought Persian women were extraordinarily beautiful.
(b) Alexander had a belief that sexual energy in his men was bad for combat.
(c) Alexander believed this would help the men miss their families less.
(d) Alexander believed that Zeus himself had given the order to him.
5. Where was Alexander the Great born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What challenge did Alexander have to overcome at Jhelum River?
2. What was NOT one of the actions Alexander took after his father was murdered?
3. How did Alexander respond to Darius' settlement offer after Issus?
4. In what year was the battle of Pelium fought?
5. After the battle of Granicus, Alexander established a base in what location?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)