|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 379-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who assassinated Philip?
(c) A jealous former male lover.
2. What was Thebes' immediate reaction to Alexander assuming the Macedonian throne?
(a) They kidnapped Alexander's mother Olympias.
(b) They tried to bribe members of the Macedonian assembly to depose Alexander.
(c) They openly accepted Alexander as their king.
(d) They expelled Alexander's troops from the city.
3. Who did Alexander marry while in India?
4. How long did Alexander spend in Egypt in total?
(a) Two years.
(b) Three days.
(c) Fourteen months.
(d) Three months.
5. What action by Alexander contributed to the debt of Macedonia prior to the Persian campaign?
(a) Alexander held a series of legendary and expensive feasts.
(b) Alexander had imported animals from all around the world for a zoo.
(c) Alexander had refused to tax the citizens.
(d) Alexander had built a host of war machines at great cost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What challenge did Alexander have to overcome at Jhelum River?
2. In Persia's efforts to capture Sidon, whom did Philip support?
3. What was the outcome of the Battle of Chaeronaea?
4. Where was Alexander the Great born?
5. What was Alexander's extent of knowledge of Indian geography, upon entering India?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)