|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 379-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What initially prevented Alexander from pursuing Bessus after Alexander executed Parmenio?
(a) Alexander had to seek out an oracle for divine advice.
(b) Alexander had to travel back to Ionia to quell a rebellion.
(c) Alexander fell ill, and stopped to recover.
(d) Alexander had to subdue revolts in the southern satrapies.
2. Who led the Indian army that opposed Alexander in India?
3. What was the ultimate result of the uprising of Thebes in 335 BC?
(a) The city was burned to the ground, but Alexander spared all its citizens.
(b) Thebes' citizens were massacred and the city was burned to the ground.
(c) Thebes' citizens were massacred, but the city was left as a fortress.
(d) Thebes' brokered a peace and became part of Alexander's kingdom.
4. Who did Alexander marry while in India?
5. At what site did Alexander finally meet Darius himself in battle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Roxanne was the daughter to which baron?
2. Which of the following BEST describes the final strategy Alexander used to enter Tyre?
3. Why did Alexander order Parmenio to be executed?
4. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Thebes offer its surrender?
5. What made Tyre difficult to capture?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)