|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 379-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
(a) He demanded all religious iconography in the city to be destroyed.
(b) He demanded that the leaders of the revolt surrender.
(c) He demanded that all the men of Thebes be imprisoned.
(d) He demanded all of the city's gold reserves.
2. In what year was Alexander the Great born?
(a) 3 AD.
(b) 808 BC.
(c) 120 AD.
(d) 356 BC.
3. What was the Macedonian infantry known as?
(a) Ground Quake.
(b) The Fighting Macedons.
(c) The Warrior Eagles.
(d) The Foot Companions.
4. In what financial state did Philip leave Macedonia when he died?
(a) Macedonia was left in a very prosperous state.
(b) Macedonia was barely making money.
(c) Philip died in debt.
(d) Macedonia was bankrupt, and citizens were fleeing the country.
5. Who killed Amyntus and Caranus?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the ultimate result of the uprising of Thebes in 335 BC?
2. How did Alexander respond to Darius' death?
3. What happened with the satrap Alexander appointed after Darius' death?
4. On what island did Alexander build the city of Alexandria?
5. What was the main weapon of the Macedonian infantry under King Philip?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)