|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 379-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Darius was deposed, what title was bestowed upon Bessus?
(a) The Great Diplomat.
(b) Duke of Ionia.
(c) Lord of the Twelve Countries.
(d) Great King.
2. Which of the following BEST describes the final strategy Alexander used to enter Tyre?
(a) He used the front of a ship as a battering ram.
(b) He forced Tyrian ships to a north harbor, and breached the city wall from the south.
(c) He cast dead bodies over the walls, spreading contagion and forcing surrender.
(d) He starved its citizens into submission.
3. Why was Philip interested in the region of Mt. Pangaeus?
(a) He wished to conquer the citizens there because of their disrespect.
(b) He believed the legendary Fountain of Youth was located there.
(c) He wished to mine for gold and silver.
(d) He wished to establish a military fort there.
4. In 335 BC, who commanded Persian military forces?
(a) Memnon of Rhodes.
(b) Xerxes I.
5. At what age was Alexander appointed Regent of Macedonia?
Short Answer Questions
1. What strategy did Philip use in 939 to defeat his enemy?
2. In Persia's efforts to capture Sidon, whom did Philip support?
3. Where did Darius offer a settlement to Alexander after the battle of Issus?
4. In response to learning that Philip supported the Persians, what did the Greeks do?
5. What happened to Alexander in Oxus?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)