|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 379-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What battle is said to be Alexander's greatest strategic triumph?
(d) Jhelum River.
2. What challenge did Alexander have to overcome at Jhelum River?
(a) A great heat wave.
(b) His enemy's formidable war elephants.
(c) The fact that most of his army abandoned him.
(d) Extremely uncertain footing on the banks of the river.
3. During the battle of Granicus River, where was Alexander located?
(a) He watched the battle unfold from a nearby hill.
(b) He was in Athens receiving further counsel from Aristotle.
(c) He was in Pella trying to raise money for the war effort.
(d) He fought alongside his men.
4. After Darius was deposed, what title was bestowed upon Bessus?
(a) The Great Diplomat.
(b) Duke of Ionia.
(c) Lord of the Twelve Countries.
(d) Great King.
5. What did Alexander and his army build in order to lay siege to Tyre?
(a) A Trojan horse.
(b) The first submarine.
(c) A causeway.
(d) A monument to Zeus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What order did Alexander give when his army reached Persepolis?
2. What important battle took place in August 338?
3. What military strategy did Philip innovate in his battle with the Illyrians?
4. Who assassinated Philip?
5. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)