|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 299-349.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What acted as a restraint on the power wielded by the King of Macedon?
(a) He could not engage in foreign policy decisions.
(b) He was not allowed to personally lead the army.
(c) His wives were chosen by the Macedonian assembly.
(d) He could be voted out by the Macedonian assembly.
2. Which BEST characterizes Olympias' relationship with Alexander?
(a) She feared him and felt terrorized by him.
(b) She envied and hated Alexander.
(c) The two were very close.
(d) She never knew Alexander.
3. What did Alexander learn from a messenger on his way to Sousa?
(a) His mother had fallen gravely ill.
(b) Darius had regathered his forces there.
(c) Philoxenus had failed to capture Sousa, and was routed.
(d) Sousa had already fallen to Philoxenus.
4. What was the name of the capital of Macedonia?
5. How did Darius of Persia respond to the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
(a) He did not support it, preferring to let the Greeks handle their own affairs.
(b) He supported it, because he was a staunch ally of Thebes.
(c) He did not support it, and tried to conquer the city himself.
(d) He supported it, knowing that it would stall Alexander from invading Persia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alexander believed which god was his true father?
2. On what island did Alexander build the city of Alexandria?
3. After Darius' death, whom did Alexander appoint as satrap?
4. Which commander opposed Alexander at the battle of Granicus River?
5. Why didn't Alexander spend much time in Ecbatana?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)