|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 299-349.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which Egyptian city was Alexander proclaimed Pharaoh of Egypt?
2. What was the Macedonian infantry known as?
(a) The Fighting Macedons.
(b) Ground Quake.
(c) The Warrior Eagles.
(d) The Foot Companions.
3. Who led a coup that resulted in Darius losing his crown?
(a) Bessus only.
(b) Bessus and Satibarzanes.
(c) Bessus and Nabarzanes.
(d) Nabarzanes only.
4. While sieging Tyre, Alexander traveled to which city for reinforcements and his warships?
5. What city state did Alexander attack in 336 BC as he pushed toward the Danube River?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Persepolis, to what city did Alexander travel?
2. What made Tyre difficult to capture?
3. Who murdered Darius?
4. How did Alexander finance his campaign into the Indian subcontinent?
5. What did Alexander learn from a messenger on his way to Sousa?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)