|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 299-349.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Persepolis, to what city did Alexander travel?
2. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
(a) He demanded all religious iconography in the city to be destroyed.
(b) He demanded that all the men of Thebes be imprisoned.
(c) He demanded that the leaders of the revolt surrender.
(d) He demanded all of the city's gold reserves.
3. After Darius was deposed, what title was bestowed upon Bessus?
(a) Lord of the Twelve Countries.
(b) Great King.
(c) Duke of Ionia.
(d) The Great Diplomat.
4. What occurred in the siege of Halicarnassus?
(a) Alexander was triumphant, killing Memnon and ending his Persian campaign.
(b) Alexander took the city from the Persians, but the Persians set fire to most of the city.
(c) The Persians took the city from Alexander, but Alexander had the city burned.
(d) The Persians were defeated, but they scored an important victory in destroying Alexander's naval power.
5. What monument was built in response to events after the battle of Chaeronaea?
(a) The Hanging Gardens.
(b) The Great Library.
(c) The Alabaster Tower.
(d) The Philippians.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Alexander the Great born?
2. After Issus, Darius supplied the king of which territory with Persian ships?
3. Which commander opposed Alexander at the battle of Granicus River?
4. Who did Alexander send to Damascus for the Persian royal treasure?
5. What acted as a restraint on the power wielded by the King of Macedon?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)