|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 299-349.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Darius' death, whom did Alexander appoint as satrap?
2. How could Macedonia be characterized prior to Philip's rule?
(a) Warlike and imperial.
(b) Mystical and feared.
(c) Weak and insignificant.
(d) Peaceful and powerful.
3. In 331 BC, how did Alexander learn about Darius' plan to attack him at the Tigris River?
(a) He claimed to have a visit from his father, Zeus.
(b) Alexander's own scouts reported Darius' troop movements.
(c) Darius' consort betrayed his plans to Alexander.
(d) Captured Persian scouts confessed as much.
4. What regions was Macedonia divided into prior to Alexander's birth?
(a) Upper Macedonia and Lower Macedonia.
(b) Jungle Macedonia and Desert Macedonia.
(c) North, East, South, and West Macedonia.
(d) Eastern Macedonia and Western Macedonia.
5. What was the general troop reaction to Alexander's execution of Parmenio?
(a) A large level of distrust.
(b) Open revolt.
(c) More troops than ever were convinced Alexander was a god.
(d) Higher loyalty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Alexander and his army build in order to lay siege to Tyre?
2. Persepolis was the burial place of whom?
3. After Tyre, all coastal cities fell to Alexander with the exception of which city?
4. In the summer of 331 BC, where did Darius stage his army?
5. What military strategy did Philip innovate in his battle with the Illyrians?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)