|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 299-349.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When King Philip met the Illyrians in battle, how many Illyrians did he kill, approximately?
(a) Only a handful.
(b) Nineteen thousand.
(c) Seven thousand.
(d) One Hundred.
2. In 335 BC, who commanded Persian military forces?
(a) Xerxes I.
(d) Memnon of Rhodes.
3. What was the attitude of Alexander's army after the battle of Gaugamela?
(a) Many were completely willing to travel into the Indian subcontinent.
(b) The army wished to strike for more pay.
(c) Many wanted to return to Macedonia.
(d) Alexander had to kill dozens of mutinous soldiers.
4. What was the first town to which Alexander came in the Persian campaign?
5. What action by Alexander contributed to the debt of Macedonia prior to the Persian campaign?
(a) Alexander held a series of legendary and expensive feasts.
(b) Alexander had refused to tax the citizens.
(c) Alexander had imported animals from all around the world for a zoo.
(d) Alexander had built a host of war machines at great cost.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the mother of Alexander?
2. How did Darius of Persia respond to the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
3. Which of the following was NOT captured by Alexander at Damascus?
4. Where did Darius offer a settlement to Alexander after the battle of Issus?
5. What was Thebes' immediate reaction to Alexander assuming the Macedonian throne?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)