|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 299-349.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
(a) He demanded all of the city's gold reserves.
(b) He demanded that the leaders of the revolt surrender.
(c) He demanded that all the men of Thebes be imprisoned.
(d) He demanded all religious iconography in the city to be destroyed.
2. Who did Alexander send to Sousa after leaving Gaugamela?
3. What regions was Macedonia divided into prior to Alexander's birth?
(a) Jungle Macedonia and Desert Macedonia.
(b) Upper Macedonia and Lower Macedonia.
(c) North, East, South, and West Macedonia.
(d) Eastern Macedonia and Western Macedonia.
4. Who did Alexander send to Damascus for the Persian royal treasure?
5. How did Darius of Persia respond to the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
(a) He supported it, because he was a staunch ally of Thebes.
(b) He did not support it, and tried to conquer the city himself.
(c) He supported it, knowing that it would stall Alexander from invading Persia.
(d) He did not support it, preferring to let the Greeks handle their own affairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strategy did Philip use in 939 to defeat his enemy?
2. In what financial state did Philip leave Macedonia when he died?
3. What was the outcome of the Battle of Chaeronaea?
4. Alexander believed which god was his true father?
5. What acted as a restraint on the power wielded by the King of Macedon?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)