|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 299-349.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city did Alexander have built after the battle of Granicus?
(d) New Smyrna.
2. Which was NOT one of the types of troops Alexander included in his army that battled the Persians?
(b) Animal handlers.
3. After the battle of Granicus, Alexander established a base in what location?
4. How did Alexander deal with the Gordian Knot?
(a) He was unable to untie the knot, in the end.
(b) He painstakingly unraveled it.
(c) He cut it in half with a sword.
(d) He attached horses to either end and had them run in opposite directions.
5. How did Alexander respond to Darius' settlement offer after Issus?
(a) He rejected all terms, vowing to defeat Darius soundly in battle.
(b) He accepted the terms, ending his conquest of Persia.
(c) He signed the treaty, but later betrayed Darius by breaking the treaty.
(d) He rejected the terms, but allowed Darius to retain his title of King of all Asia.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
2. Who murdered Darius?
3. After Persepolis, which general did Alexander reduce in terms of power and authority?
4. Who did Alexander send to Damascus for the Persian royal treasure?
5. After Persepolis, to what city did Alexander travel?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)