|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 299-349.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Persian empire prepare for a planned invasion of the Greek mainland around 334 BC?
(a) Darius married Ada to force a political/military alliance.
(b) Memnon began capturing islands off the coast.
(c) Darius fired Memnon in order to personally lead the troops.
(d) Memnon captured Athens to use as a base of operations.
2. For his 336 BC to 335 BC military campaign, what kind of training did Alexander have his troops undergo?
(a) Mountain warfare.
(b) Amphibious warfare.
(c) Naval warfare.
(d) Desert warfare.
3. At what site did Alexander finally meet Darius himself in battle?
4. What city state did Alexander attack in 336 BC as he pushed toward the Danube River?
5. What action by Alexander contributed to the debt of Macedonia prior to the Persian campaign?
(a) Alexander had imported animals from all around the world for a zoo.
(b) Alexander had built a host of war machines at great cost.
(c) Alexander had refused to tax the citizens.
(d) Alexander held a series of legendary and expensive feasts.
Short Answer Questions
1. In response to learning that Philip supported the Persians, what did the Greeks do?
2. How did Alexander deal with the Gordian Knot?
3. What was the name of the capital of Macedonia?
4. What did Alexander and his army build in order to lay siege to Tyre?
5. How many years did Alexander study with Aristotle?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)