|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 299-349.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Tyre, all coastal cities fell to Alexander with the exception of which city?
2. Who led the troops in an August 338 battle?
(a) Philip only.
(c) Alexander only.
(d) Philip and Alexander.
3. Why did Alexander encourage his men to marry in Persia?
(a) Alexander had a belief that sexual energy in his men was bad for combat.
(b) Alexander thought Persian women were extraordinarily beautiful.
(c) Alexander believed that Zeus himself had given the order to him.
(d) Alexander believed this would help the men miss their families less.
4. Who did Alexander send to Sousa after leaving Gaugamela?
5. After Persepolis, which general did Alexander reduce in terms of power and authority?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Alexander decide to do with Darius' body?
2. Which of the following statements is true of Alexander as a boy?
3. In 331 BC, how did Alexander learn about Darius' plan to attack him at the Tigris River?
4. How could Macedonia be characterized prior to Philip's rule?
5. What order did Alexander give when his army reached Persepolis?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)