|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 299-349.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who led the troops in an August 338 battle?
(a) Philip and Alexander.
(c) Alexander only.
(d) Philip only.
2. At what age was Alexander appointed Regent of Macedonia?
3. Where was Philip when Alexander first led the troops, quelling a rebellion?
(a) By his side, overseeing the operation.
(b) With Olympias in Egypt.
(c) Involved in the Byzantine campaign.
(d) In Mieza.
4. After Darius was deposed, what title was bestowed upon Bessus?
(a) Duke of Ionia.
(b) Great King.
(c) The Great Diplomat.
(d) Lord of the Twelve Countries.
5. In what year was the battle of Pelium fought?
(a) 335 BC.
(b) 320 BC.
(c) 480 BC.
(d) 128 AD.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened with the satrap Alexander appointed after Darius' death?
2. How could Macedonia be characterized prior to Philip's rule?
3. How did Alexander respond to Darius' settlement offer after Issus?
4. What action did Alexander take before and after crossing the Dardanelles River in the Persian campaign?
5. What was the name of Philip's fifth wife?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)