|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 299-349.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Alexander respond to Darius' death?
(a) He abandoned his campaign further east, since he had accomplished his ultimate goal.
(b) He pretended that Darius was still alive for political reasons.
(c) He felt his only option was to present himself as Darius' choice for successor.
(d) He systematically burned all villages to which he came.
2. How could Macedonia be characterized prior to Philip's rule?
(a) Weak and insignificant.
(b) Mystical and feared.
(c) Peaceful and powerful.
(d) Warlike and imperial.
3. What was the ultimate result of the uprising of Thebes in 335 BC?
(a) The city was burned to the ground, but Alexander spared all its citizens.
(b) Thebes' brokered a peace and became part of Alexander's kingdom.
(c) Thebes' citizens were massacred and the city was burned to the ground.
(d) Thebes' citizens were massacred, but the city was left as a fortress.
4. What monument was built in response to events after the battle of Chaeronaea?
(a) The Alabaster Tower.
(b) The Great Library.
(c) The Hanging Gardens.
(d) The Philippians.
5. Alexander believed which god was his true father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Macedonian infantry known as?
2. After Issus, Darius supplied the king of which territory with Persian ships?
3. How many years did Alexander study with Aristotle?
4. Who murdered Darius?
5. What was different between the way Alexander handled Miletus versus Thebes?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)