|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 299-349.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Alexander respond to Darius' death?
(a) He systematically burned all villages to which he came.
(b) He felt his only option was to present himself as Darius' choice for successor.
(c) He pretended that Darius was still alive for political reasons.
(d) He abandoned his campaign further east, since he had accomplished his ultimate goal.
2. Which of the following was NOT captured by Alexander at Damascus?
(a) The Persian royal treasure.
(b) Darius' bride Stateira.
(c) Ambassadors from Thebes and Sparta.
(d) Relatives of Persian commanders.
3. In what year was Alexander the Great born?
(a) 356 BC.
(b) 808 BC.
(c) 120 AD.
(d) 3 AD.
4. How did Darius respond to Alexander's successful siege of Tyre?
(a) He proposed another peace settlement.
(b) He captured the neighboring city of Sidon.
(c) He tried to recapture the city.
(d) He relinquished the throne and fled.
5. How many years did Alexander study with Aristotle?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what financial state did Philip leave Macedonia when he died?
2. Who murdered Darius?
3. What did Alexander and his army build in order to lay siege to Tyre?
4. What was NOT one of the actions Alexander took after his father was murdered?
5. What did Alexander learn from a messenger on his way to Sousa?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)