|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 299-349.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Persia's efforts to capture Sidon, whom did Philip support?
(a) The Spartans.
(b) The Egyptians.
(c) The Assyrians.
(d) The Athenians.
2. How long did Alexander spend in Egypt in total?
(a) Two years.
(b) Fourteen months.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three months.
3. What was Philip's stance on Panhellenism?
(a) He was indifferent, since the movement did not affect him.
(b) He tolerated it only if he could use it to his advantage.
(c) He was raised to respect and embrace the movement.
(d) He hated the notion, and worked against it at every turn.
4. What did Alexander decide to do with Darius' body?
(a) He ordered it taken to Persepolis for proper burial.
(b) He ordered it to be buried in the spot it was found.
(c) He ordered it burned.
(d) He ordered it taken to Macedonia to be hung from the palace walls.
5. Alexander believed which god was his true father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What action did Alexander take in the Persian campaign in regards to the town of Lampsacus?
2. Who did Alexander send to Damascus for the Persian royal treasure?
3. Why did Alexander order Parmenio to be executed?
4. What action did Alexander take before and after crossing the Dardanelles River in the Persian campaign?
5. How long did Gaza hold out against Alexander's pressure?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)