|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 299-349.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Persian empire prepare for a planned invasion of the Greek mainland around 334 BC?
(a) Darius married Ada to force a political/military alliance.
(b) Darius fired Memnon in order to personally lead the troops.
(c) Memnon began capturing islands off the coast.
(d) Memnon captured Athens to use as a base of operations.
2. In the summer of 331 BC, where did Darius stage his army?
3. What was the Macedonian infantry known as?
(a) The Warrior Eagles.
(b) The Fighting Macedons.
(c) Ground Quake.
(d) The Foot Companions.
4. Who did Alexander send to Sousa after leaving Gaugamela?
5. Where did Alexander begin his studies with Aristotle?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Alexander respond to Darius' death?
2. How many years did Alexander study with Aristotle?
3. In which year did the Persians capture Sidon from the Greeks?
4. Alexander led his army to which country in the summer of 331 BC?
5. Which city refused to help Tyre in Alexander's siege?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)