|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 299-349.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Darius offer a settlement to Alexander after the battle of Issus?
2. What important battle took place in August 338?
(a) The battle of Chaeronaea.
(b) The battle of Peloponnesia.
(c) The battle of Jhelum River.
(d) The battle of Thebes.
3. What regions was Macedonia divided into prior to Alexander's birth?
(a) Eastern Macedonia and Western Macedonia.
(b) Upper Macedonia and Lower Macedonia.
(c) North, East, South, and West Macedonia.
(d) Jungle Macedonia and Desert Macedonia.
4. Alexander led his army to which country in the summer of 331 BC?
5. Which of the following did Alexander NOT do after the battle of Granicus?
(a) He acquired Lydia.
(b) He gained control of revenue in the province.
(c) He kept existing city officials in place.
(d) He acquired Ionia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT captured by Alexander at Damascus?
2. What action by Alexander contributed to the debt of Macedonia prior to the Persian campaign?
3. At what age was Alexander appointed Regent of Macedonia?
4. At what site did Alexander finally meet Darius himself in battle?
5. While in Gordium, what did Alexander take as a sign from Zeus to continue his campaign?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)