|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 299-349.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the leader of Gaza when Alexander arrived at the city?
2. What important battle took place in August 338?
(a) The battle of Peloponnesia.
(b) The battle of Thebes.
(c) The battle of Jhelum River.
(d) The battle of Chaeronaea.
3. Where did Alexander begin his studies with Aristotle?
4. Who assassinated Philip?
(a) A jealous former male lover.
5. Persepolis was the burial place of whom?
(a) Athenian senators.
(b) Alexander's mother.
(c) Macedonian kings.
(d) Achaemenid kings.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
2. What did Alexander learn from a messenger on his way to Sousa?
3. How long did Alexander spend in Egypt in total?
4. What was NOT one of the actions Alexander took after his father was murdered?
5. Why was Philip interested in the region of Mt. Pangaeus?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)