|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 299-349.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Darius' death, whom did Alexander appoint as satrap?
2. After Tyre, all coastal cities fell to Alexander with the exception of which city?
3. After the battle of Granicus, Alexander established a base in what location?
4. Which Persian king did Alexander oppose in his military campaign?
5. What political deal did Alexander strike with queen Ada in Allinda?
(a) He agreed to marry her, so that he might become the leader of Allinda.
(b) He exiled her, rather than executing her outright.
(c) He agreed to keep all of her city officials in place, in exchange for her naming him as her successor.
(d) He supported her in regaining her position in exchange for her naming him as her successor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Philip when Alexander first led the troops, quelling a rebellion?
2. After Persepolis, which general did Alexander reduce in terms of power and authority?
3. In the summer of 939, with what threat did Philip have to contend?
4. After Persepolis, to what city did Alexander travel?
5. What important battle took place in August 338?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)