|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 299-349.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who led a coup that resulted in Darius losing his crown?
(a) Nabarzanes only.
(b) Bessus and Satibarzanes.
(c) Bessus only.
(d) Bessus and Nabarzanes.
2. What title was given to Alexander after the battle of Gaugamela?
(a) Pharaoh of Egypt.
(b) King of the World.
(c) King of the Gaugamelites.
(d) Lord of Asia.
3. What action by Alexander contributed to the debt of Macedonia prior to the Persian campaign?
(a) Alexander had imported animals from all around the world for a zoo.
(b) Alexander held a series of legendary and expensive feasts.
(c) Alexander had built a host of war machines at great cost.
(d) Alexander had refused to tax the citizens.
4. What action did Alexander take in the Persian campaign in regards to the town of Lampsacus?
(a) He hired many mercenaries from the town.
(b) He razed the town to the ground.
(c) He sold all of the town's men into slavery.
(d) He took money from the town in order to leave it alone.
5. In the summer of 331 BC, where did Darius stage his army?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what site did Alexander finally meet Darius himself in battle?
2. What was the outcome of the Battle of Chaeronaea?
3. In response to learning that Philip supported the Persians, what did the Greeks do?
4. How did Alexander finance his campaign into the Indian subcontinent?
5. How long did Gaza hold out against Alexander's pressure?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)