|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 299-349.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Alexander respond to Darius' death?
(a) He systematically burned all villages to which he came.
(b) He abandoned his campaign further east, since he had accomplished his ultimate goal.
(c) He pretended that Darius was still alive for political reasons.
(d) He felt his only option was to present himself as Darius' choice for successor.
2. Where did Alexander begin his studies with Aristotle?
3. Where was Alexander the Great born?
4. How did Darius respond to Alexander's successful siege of Tyre?
(a) He captured the neighboring city of Sidon.
(b) He relinquished the throne and fled.
(c) He tried to recapture the city.
(d) He proposed another peace settlement.
5. Who killed Amyntus and Caranus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which commander opposed Alexander at the battle of Granicus River?
2. Who financed the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
3. What was the outcome of the Battle of Chaeronaea?
4. Which BEST characterizes the environment in which Alexander as a child was brought up?
5. In January 330 BC, Alexander traveled to which city?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)