|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 299-349.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Thebes' immediate reaction to Alexander assuming the Macedonian throne?
(a) They tried to bribe members of the Macedonian assembly to depose Alexander.
(b) They openly accepted Alexander as their king.
(c) They expelled Alexander's troops from the city.
(d) They kidnapped Alexander's mother Olympias.
2. Where did Alexander begin his studies with Aristotle?
3. What action did Alexander take in the Persian campaign in regards to the town of Lampsacus?
(a) He hired many mercenaries from the town.
(b) He took money from the town in order to leave it alone.
(c) He razed the town to the ground.
(d) He sold all of the town's men into slavery.
4. What action did Alexander take before and after crossing the Dardanelles River in the Persian campaign?
(a) He built altars to the gods.
(b) He burned all the crops on the shores of the river.
(c) He murdered townspeople on either side of the river.
(d) He ritualistically bathed the entire army.
5. In Persia's efforts to capture Sidon, whom did Philip support?
(a) The Assyrians.
(b) The Egyptians.
(c) The Athenians.
(d) The Spartans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who led the troops in an August 338 battle?
2. What important battle took place in August 338?
3. In what year was the battle of Pelium fought?
4. What made Tyre difficult to capture?
5. What regions was Macedonia divided into prior to Alexander's birth?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)