|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 299-349.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alexander believed which god was his true father?
2. After Persepolis, to what city did Alexander travel?
3. Why did Alexander encourage his men to marry in Persia?
(a) Alexander had a belief that sexual energy in his men was bad for combat.
(b) Alexander thought Persian women were extraordinarily beautiful.
(c) Alexander believed this would help the men miss their families less.
(d) Alexander believed that Zeus himself had given the order to him.
4. Which Persian king did Alexander oppose in his military campaign?
5. Who was the mother of Alexander?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first town to which Alexander came in the Persian campaign?
2. In which Egyptian city was Alexander proclaimed Pharaoh of Egypt?
3. What was the name of Philip's fifth wife?
4. What was the attitude of Alexander's army after the battle of Gaugamela?
5. What did Alexander learn from a messenger on his way to Sousa?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)