|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Macedonian infantry known as?
(a) The Foot Companions.
(b) Ground Quake.
(c) The Warrior Eagles.
(d) The Fighting Macedons.
2. What regions was Macedonia divided into prior to Alexander's birth?
(a) Eastern Macedonia and Western Macedonia.
(b) Jungle Macedonia and Desert Macedonia.
(c) Upper Macedonia and Lower Macedonia.
(d) North, East, South, and West Macedonia.
3. At what site did Alexander finally meet Darius himself in battle?
4. While in Gordium, what did Alexander take as a sign from Zeus to continue his campaign?
(a) A calf born with two heads.
(b) A thunderstorm.
(c) A hawk landing on a statue of Zeus.
(d) An earthquake.
5. Who led the troops in an August 338 battle?
(b) Philip and Alexander.
(c) Alexander only.
(d) Philip only.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is NOT one of the qualities Aristotle bestowed on young Alexander?
2. What was the main weapon of the Macedonian infantry under King Philip?
3. What was Philip's opinion of his son's ambition?
4. What was the first town to which Alexander came in the Persian campaign?
5. What was Philip's stance on Panhellenism?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)