|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the outcome of the Battle of Chaeronaea?
(a) Philip fought to an unsatisfying standstill.
(b) Philip won a decisive victory.
(c) Philip did not win, but importantly he managed to destroy the Athenian navy.
(d) Philip was soundly defeated.
2. Which is NOT one of the qualities Aristotle bestowed on young Alexander?
(a) Hedonistic view on life.
(c) Scientific curiosity.
(d) Analytical mind.
3. What political deal did Alexander strike with queen Ada in Allinda?
(a) He exiled her, rather than executing her outright.
(b) He agreed to marry her, so that he might become the leader of Allinda.
(c) He agreed to keep all of her city officials in place, in exchange for her naming him as her successor.
(d) He supported her in regaining her position in exchange for her naming him as her successor.
4. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Thebes offer its surrender?
(a) City leaders demanded that their women survive unharmed.
(b) City leaders demanded Alexander relinquish the Macedonian crown.
(c) City leaders demanded that Alexander conquer their enemy, Thrace.
(d) City leaders demanded the surrender of two of Alexander's military leaders.
5. What action by Alexander contributed to the debt of Macedonia prior to the Persian campaign?
(a) Alexander had refused to tax the citizens.
(b) Alexander had built a host of war machines at great cost.
(c) Alexander had imported animals from all around the world for a zoo.
(d) Alexander held a series of legendary and expensive feasts.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
2. Which city refused to help Tyre in Alexander's siege?
3. While sieging Tyre, Alexander traveled to which city for reinforcements and his warships?
4. Why was Philip interested in the region of Mt. Pangaeus?
5. Which Persian king did Alexander oppose in his military campaign?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)