|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Darius respond to Alexander's successful siege of Tyre?
(a) He proposed another peace settlement.
(b) He captured the neighboring city of Sidon.
(c) He tried to recapture the city.
(d) He relinquished the throne and fled.
2. Who killed Amyntus and Caranus?
3. Why was the Persian invasion of Greece called off?
(a) Darius ran out of money.
(b) Memnon died unexpectedly.
(c) A great earthquake was taken as a sign to call off the invasion.
(d) Alexander soundly defeated Memnon in Phoenicia.
4. What was different between the way Alexander handled Miletus versus Thebes?
(a) Unlike Thebes, Alexander skipped Miletus over and did not enter it.
(b) Unlike Miletus, Alexander spared the people of Thebes.
(c) Unlike Thebes, Alexander spared the people of Miletus.
(d) Unlike Miletus, Alexander skipped Thebes over and did not enter it.
5. Which is NOT one of the qualities Aristotle bestowed on young Alexander?
(a) Hedonistic view on life.
(b) Scientific curiosity.
(d) Analytical mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following BEST describes the final strategy Alexander used to enter Tyre?
2. At what event was Philip assassinated?
3. Which of the following statements is true of Alexander as a boy?
4. What was Thebes' immediate reaction to Alexander assuming the Macedonian throne?
5. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)