|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is NOT one of the qualities Aristotle bestowed on young Alexander?
(a) Scientific curiosity.
(b) Hedonistic view on life.
(c) Analytical mind.
2. What acted as a restraint on the power wielded by the King of Macedon?
(a) He was not allowed to personally lead the army.
(b) His wives were chosen by the Macedonian assembly.
(c) He could be voted out by the Macedonian assembly.
(d) He could not engage in foreign policy decisions.
3. What city state did Alexander attack in 336 BC as he pushed toward the Danube River?
4. What was the name of the capital of Macedonia?
5. Which BEST characterizes Olympias' relationship with Alexander?
(a) She never knew Alexander.
(b) She feared him and felt terrorized by him.
(c) The two were very close.
(d) She envied and hated Alexander.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what event was Philip assassinated?
2. When King Philip met the Illyrians in battle, how many Illyrians did he kill, approximately?
3. What was Philip's stance on Panhellenism?
4. What is the name of the sea east of the Greek mainland?
5. What monument was built in response to events after the battle of Chaeronaea?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)