|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Philip interested in the region of Mt. Pangaeus?
(a) He wished to mine for gold and silver.
(b) He wished to conquer the citizens there because of their disrespect.
(c) He believed the legendary Fountain of Youth was located there.
(d) He wished to establish a military fort there.
2. While sieging Tyre, Alexander traveled to which city for reinforcements and his warships?
3. In which year did the Persians capture Sidon from the Greeks?
(a) 345 BC.
(b) 202 BC.
(c) 785 BC.
(d) 114 AD.
4. How did Alexander respond to Darius' settlement offer after Issus?
(a) He rejected the terms, but allowed Darius to retain his title of King of all Asia.
(b) He rejected all terms, vowing to defeat Darius soundly in battle.
(c) He signed the treaty, but later betrayed Darius by breaking the treaty.
(d) He accepted the terms, ending his conquest of Persia.
5. At what event was Philip assassinated?
(a) A battle.
(b) A speech to the Macedonian assembly.
(c) A wedding.
(d) A peace negotiation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first town to which Alexander came in the Persian campaign?
2. What was the ultimate result of the uprising of Thebes in 335 BC?
3. Which of the following did Alexander NOT do after the battle of Granicus?
4. In response to learning that Philip supported the Persians, what did the Greeks do?
5. Where was Alexander the Great born?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)