|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How could Macedonia be characterized prior to Philip's rule?
(a) Mystical and feared.
(b) Peaceful and powerful.
(c) Warlike and imperial.
(d) Weak and insignificant.
2. How many years did Alexander study with Aristotle?
3. What did Alexander and his army build in order to lay siege to Tyre?
(a) A causeway.
(b) The first submarine.
(c) A monument to Zeus.
(d) A Trojan horse.
4. What was different between the way Alexander handled Miletus versus Thebes?
(a) Unlike Miletus, Alexander skipped Thebes over and did not enter it.
(b) Unlike Thebes, Alexander skipped Miletus over and did not enter it.
(c) Unlike Miletus, Alexander spared the people of Thebes.
(d) Unlike Thebes, Alexander spared the people of Miletus.
5. Which BEST characterizes the environment in which Alexander as a child was brought up?
(a) A peasant life of hard work in the fields.
(b) A quiet life involving religious contemplation.
(c) A female-dominated world of waiting women and artists.
(d) A male-dominated world of feasts and professional soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a settlement after Issus, Darius offered to cede lands west of which river?
2. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
3. What was the first town to which Alexander came in the Persian campaign?
4. What action did Alexander take in the Persian campaign in regards to the town of Lampsacus?
5. What was the ultimate result of the uprising of Thebes in 335 BC?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)