|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What military strategy did Philip innovate in his battle with the Illyrians?
(a) A slanted infantry line.
(b) He used elephants in war for the first time.
(c) Ranged combat with archers.
(d) Shields for the front line.
2. Why was Philip interested in the region of Mt. Pangaeus?
(a) He wished to establish a military fort there.
(b) He believed the legendary Fountain of Youth was located there.
(c) He wished to conquer the citizens there because of their disrespect.
(d) He wished to mine for gold and silver.
3. Which of the following did Alexander NOT do after the battle of Granicus?
(a) He acquired Ionia.
(b) He gained control of revenue in the province.
(c) He acquired Lydia.
(d) He kept existing city officials in place.
4. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
(a) He demanded all religious iconography in the city to be destroyed.
(b) He demanded that the leaders of the revolt surrender.
(c) He demanded all of the city's gold reserves.
(d) He demanded that all the men of Thebes be imprisoned.
5. Who did Alexander send to Damascus for the Persian royal treasure?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which BEST characterizes the environment in which Alexander as a child was brought up?
2. What was Philip's stance on Panhellenism?
3. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Thebes offer its surrender?
4. Who led the troops in an August 338 battle?
5. At what age was Alexander appointed Regent of Macedonia?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)