|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What monument was built in response to events after the battle of Chaeronaea?
(a) The Great Library.
(b) The Hanging Gardens.
(c) The Alabaster Tower.
(d) The Philippians.
2. Which of the following statements is true of Alexander as a boy?
(a) Alexander loathed his mother and much preferred his father.
(b) Alexander never held grudges, and was always quick to forgive.
(c) Alexander was jealous of his father's military conquests.
(d) Alexander was shy and unassuming, and cared little for glory.
3. Who led the troops in an August 338 battle?
(a) Alexander only.
(b) Philip only.
(d) Philip and Alexander.
4. While sieging Tyre, Alexander traveled to which city for reinforcements and his warships?
5. What was the name of Philip's fifth wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who assassinated Philip?
2. What military strategy did Philip innovate in his battle with the Illyrians?
3. Mieza was known for what export?
4. How did Darius of Persia respond to the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
5. What made Tyre difficult to capture?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)