|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action by Alexander contributed to the debt of Macedonia prior to the Persian campaign?
(a) Alexander held a series of legendary and expensive feasts.
(b) Alexander had refused to tax the citizens.
(c) Alexander had built a host of war machines at great cost.
(d) Alexander had imported animals from all around the world for a zoo.
2. What action did Alexander take in the Persian campaign in regards to the town of Lampsacus?
(a) He sold all of the town's men into slavery.
(b) He razed the town to the ground.
(c) He took money from the town in order to leave it alone.
(d) He hired many mercenaries from the town.
3. Where was Alexander the Great born?
4. At what age was Alexander appointed Regent of Macedonia?
5. What city state did Alexander attack in 336 BC as he pushed toward the Danube River?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Alexander begin his war against the Persians?
2. What was Philip's stance on Panhellenism?
3. What is the technical military term for a slanted infantry line, such as the one used at the battle of Chaeronaea?
4. Where did Darius offer a settlement to Alexander after the battle of Issus?
5. Why was the Persian invasion of Greece called off?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)