|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which BEST characterizes the environment in which Alexander as a child was brought up?
(a) A peasant life of hard work in the fields.
(b) A female-dominated world of waiting women and artists.
(c) A male-dominated world of feasts and professional soldiers.
(d) A quiet life involving religious contemplation.
2. After Issus, Darius supplied the king of which territory with Persian ships?
3. What was the name of the capital of Macedonia?
4. In 335 BC, who commanded Persian military forces?
(a) Xerxes I.
(b) Memnon of Rhodes.
5. Why was Philip interested in the region of Mt. Pangaeus?
(a) He wished to establish a military fort there.
(b) He wished to mine for gold and silver.
(c) He wished to conquer the citizens there because of their disrespect.
(d) He believed the legendary Fountain of Youth was located there.
Short Answer Questions
1. While sieging Tyre, Alexander traveled to which city for reinforcements and his warships?
2. How many years did Alexander study with Aristotle?
3. Who was the mother of Alexander?
4. What acted as a restraint on the power wielded by the King of Macedon?
5. What action by Alexander contributed to the debt of Macedonia prior to the Persian campaign?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)