|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what financial state did Philip leave Macedonia when he died?
(a) Macedonia was left in a very prosperous state.
(b) Macedonia was bankrupt, and citizens were fleeing the country.
(c) Philip died in debt.
(d) Macedonia was barely making money.
2. When did Alexander begin his war against the Persians?
(a) 334 BC.
(b) 117 AD.
(c) 348 BC.
(d) 315 BC.
3. What was Philip's opinion of his son's ambition?
(a) Philip recognized it and tried to sire an alternate heir to Alexander.
(b) Philip recognized it, and plotted with Olympias to kill Alexander.
(c) Philip recognized it, but thought Alexander was no threat.
(d) Philip did not recognize it, and Alexander seized power under his nose.
4. Who financed the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
5. What important battle took place in August 338?
(a) The battle of Chaeronaea.
(b) The battle of Jhelum River.
(c) The battle of Peloponnesia.
(d) The battle of Thebes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What regions was Macedonia divided into prior to Alexander's birth?
2. What kind of military leader was King Philip?
3. How many troops did Alexander capture and enslave in the battle of Granicus River?
4. What did Alexander and his army build in order to lay siege to Tyre?
5. Why was the Persian invasion of Greece called off?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)