|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who led the troops in an August 338 battle?
(b) Philip only.
(c) Alexander only.
(d) Philip and Alexander.
2. While sieging Tyre, Alexander traveled to which city for reinforcements and his warships?
3. Who was the mother of Alexander?
4. What was the ultimate result of the uprising of Thebes in 335 BC?
(a) Thebes' citizens were massacred and the city was burned to the ground.
(b) Thebes' brokered a peace and became part of Alexander's kingdom.
(c) Thebes' citizens were massacred, but the city was left as a fortress.
(d) The city was burned to the ground, but Alexander spared all its citizens.
5. What was NOT one of the actions Alexander took after his father was murdered?
(a) He had several of his political enemies murdered.
(b) He maintained the overall principles of his father's administration.
(c) He personally murdered Cleopatra's baby and possible heir to the throne, Cananis.
(d) He gave key positions to friends returned from exile.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is NOT one of the qualities Aristotle bestowed on young Alexander?
2. What monument was built in response to events after the battle of Chaeronaea?
3. In Persia's efforts to capture Sidon, whom did Philip support?
4. What was Philip's opinion of his son's ambition?
5. What action did Alexander take before and after crossing the Dardanelles River in the Persian campaign?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)