|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT captured by Alexander at Damascus?
(a) Darius' bride Stateira.
(b) Ambassadors from Thebes and Sparta.
(c) The Persian royal treasure.
(d) Relatives of Persian commanders.
2. What action did Alexander take in the Persian campaign in regards to the town of Lampsacus?
(a) He took money from the town in order to leave it alone.
(b) He sold all of the town's men into slavery.
(c) He hired many mercenaries from the town.
(d) He razed the town to the ground.
3. What acted as a restraint on the power wielded by the King of Macedon?
(a) He could not engage in foreign policy decisions.
(b) His wives were chosen by the Macedonian assembly.
(c) He was not allowed to personally lead the army.
(d) He could be voted out by the Macedonian assembly.
4. How many troops did Alexander capture and enslave in the battle of Granicus River?
(a) Three hundred.
(b) Ten thousand.
(d) Two thousand.
5. Who was the mother of Alexander?
Short Answer Questions
1. What occurred in the siege of Halicarnassus?
2. Why was the Persian invasion of Greece called off?
3. Who did Alexander send to Damascus for the Persian royal treasure?
4. What did Alexander and his army build in order to lay siege to Tyre?
5. Which city refused to help Tyre in Alexander's siege?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)