|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Alexander respond to Darius' settlement offer after Issus?
(a) He rejected the terms, but allowed Darius to retain his title of King of all Asia.
(b) He accepted the terms, ending his conquest of Persia.
(c) He signed the treaty, but later betrayed Darius by breaking the treaty.
(d) He rejected all terms, vowing to defeat Darius soundly in battle.
2. In what financial state did Philip leave Macedonia when he died?
(a) Macedonia was barely making money.
(b) Macedonia was left in a very prosperous state.
(c) Philip died in debt.
(d) Macedonia was bankrupt, and citizens were fleeing the country.
3. What was the ultimate result of the uprising of Thebes in 335 BC?
(a) The city was burned to the ground, but Alexander spared all its citizens.
(b) Thebes' brokered a peace and became part of Alexander's kingdom.
(c) Thebes' citizens were massacred and the city was burned to the ground.
(d) Thebes' citizens were massacred, but the city was left as a fortress.
4. What was NOT one of the actions Alexander took after his father was murdered?
(a) He maintained the overall principles of his father's administration.
(b) He had several of his political enemies murdered.
(c) He personally murdered Cleopatra's baby and possible heir to the throne, Cananis.
(d) He gave key positions to friends returned from exile.
5. Why was the Persian invasion of Greece called off?
(a) Darius ran out of money.
(b) A great earthquake was taken as a sign to call off the invasion.
(c) Alexander soundly defeated Memnon in Phoenicia.
(d) Memnon died unexpectedly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political deal did Alexander strike with queen Ada in Allinda?
2. How many troops did Alexander capture and enslave in the battle of Granicus River?
3. Which is NOT one of the qualities Aristotle bestowed on young Alexander?
4. What action by Alexander contributed to the debt of Macedonia prior to the Persian campaign?
5. While in Gordium, what did Alexander take as a sign from Zeus to continue his campaign?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)