|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action by Alexander contributed to the debt of Macedonia prior to the Persian campaign?
(a) Alexander had imported animals from all around the world for a zoo.
(b) Alexander had refused to tax the citizens.
(c) Alexander had built a host of war machines at great cost.
(d) Alexander held a series of legendary and expensive feasts.
2. Where was Philip when Alexander first led the troops, quelling a rebellion?
(a) In Mieza.
(b) By his side, overseeing the operation.
(c) With Olympias in Egypt.
(d) Involved in the Byzantine campaign.
3. What was the main weapon of the Macedonian infantry under King Philip?
(c) Double-bladed axe.
(d) Short sword.
4. Who financed the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
5. In what financial state did Philip leave Macedonia when he died?
(a) Macedonia was left in a very prosperous state.
(b) Philip died in debt.
(c) Macedonia was bankrupt, and citizens were fleeing the country.
(d) Macedonia was barely making money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Darius respond to Alexander's successful siege of Tyre?
2. What strategy did Philip use in 939 to defeat his enemy?
3. In what year was the battle of Pelium fought?
4. Which city refused to help Tyre in Alexander's siege?
5. What action did Alexander take before and after crossing the Dardanelles River in the Persian campaign?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)