|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the capital of Macedonia?
2. At what site did Alexander finally meet Darius himself in battle?
3. During the battle of Granicus River, where was Alexander located?
(a) He fought alongside his men.
(b) He was in Pella trying to raise money for the war effort.
(c) He watched the battle unfold from a nearby hill.
(d) He was in Athens receiving further counsel from Aristotle.
4. In 335 BC, who commanded Persian military forces?
(a) Memnon of Rhodes.
(c) Xerxes I.
5. What is the name of the sea east of the Greek mainland?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Philip's fifth wife?
2. Which city refused to help Tyre in Alexander's siege?
3. What was the main weapon of the Macedonian infantry under King Philip?
4. Who assassinated Philip?
5. When did Alexander begin his war against the Persians?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)