|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in Gordium, what did Alexander take as a sign from Zeus to continue his campaign?
(a) A calf born with two heads.
(b) A hawk landing on a statue of Zeus.
(c) A thunderstorm.
(d) An earthquake.
2. Which Persian king did Alexander oppose in his military campaign?
3. Which commander opposed Alexander at the battle of Granicus River?
4. What regions was Macedonia divided into prior to Alexander's birth?
(a) Upper Macedonia and Lower Macedonia.
(b) Eastern Macedonia and Western Macedonia.
(c) North, East, South, and West Macedonia.
(d) Jungle Macedonia and Desert Macedonia.
5. How did Darius respond to Alexander's successful siege of Tyre?
(a) He tried to recapture the city.
(b) He relinquished the throne and fled.
(c) He captured the neighboring city of Sidon.
(d) He proposed another peace settlement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was different between the way Alexander handled Miletus versus Thebes?
2. What city state did Alexander attack in 336 BC as he pushed toward the Danube River?
3. What was the main weapon of the Macedonian infantry under King Philip?
4. What action did Alexander take in the Persian campaign in regards to the town of Lampsacus?
5. What was the outcome of the Battle of Chaeronaea?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)