|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What regions was Macedonia divided into prior to Alexander's birth?
(a) North, East, South, and West Macedonia.
(b) Jungle Macedonia and Desert Macedonia.
(c) Upper Macedonia and Lower Macedonia.
(d) Eastern Macedonia and Western Macedonia.
2. Which of the following was NOT captured by Alexander at Damascus?
(a) Darius' bride Stateira.
(b) Relatives of Persian commanders.
(c) Ambassadors from Thebes and Sparta.
(d) The Persian royal treasure.
3. Why was the Persian invasion of Greece called off?
(a) A great earthquake was taken as a sign to call off the invasion.
(b) Memnon died unexpectedly.
(c) Darius ran out of money.
(d) Alexander soundly defeated Memnon in Phoenicia.
4. Which commander opposed Alexander at the battle of Granicus River?
5. What was the outcome of the Battle of Chaeronaea?
(a) Philip won a decisive victory.
(b) Philip was soundly defeated.
(c) Philip did not win, but importantly he managed to destroy the Athenian navy.
(d) Philip fought to an unsatisfying standstill.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was the battle of Pelium fought?
2. What did Alexander and his army build in order to lay siege to Tyre?
3. When did Alexander begin his war against the Persians?
4. What kind of military leader was King Philip?
5. How could Macedonia be characterized prior to Philip's rule?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)