|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action did Alexander take before and after crossing the Dardanelles River in the Persian campaign?
(a) He ritualistically bathed the entire army.
(b) He built altars to the gods.
(c) He murdered townspeople on either side of the river.
(d) He burned all the crops on the shores of the river.
2. What strategy did Philip use in 939 to defeat his enemy?
(a) He forced a land war, as opposed to a war on the sea.
(b) He used ballista for the first time in a battle.
(c) He married a rival queen to forge peace.
(d) He forced a sea war, as opposed to a war on land.
3. What was the main weapon of the Macedonian infantry under King Philip?
(c) Double-bladed axe.
(d) Short sword.
4. How could Macedonia be characterized prior to Philip's rule?
(a) Peaceful and powerful.
(b) Mystical and feared.
(c) Weak and insignificant.
(d) Warlike and imperial.
5. What monument was built in response to events after the battle of Chaeronaea?
(a) The Hanging Gardens.
(b) The Philippians.
(c) The Alabaster Tower.
(d) The Great Library.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Thebes offer its surrender?
2. What did Alexander and his army build in order to lay siege to Tyre?
3. In what year was the battle of Pelium fought?
4. What military strategy did Philip innovate in his battle with the Illyrians?
5. What city did Alexander have built after the battle of Granicus?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)