|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the outcome of the Battle of Chaeronaea?
(a) Philip did not win, but importantly he managed to destroy the Athenian navy.
(b) Philip fought to an unsatisfying standstill.
(c) Philip was soundly defeated.
(d) Philip won a decisive victory.
2. Who was the mother of Alexander?
3. Why was the Persian invasion of Greece called off?
(a) Darius ran out of money.
(b) Alexander soundly defeated Memnon in Phoenicia.
(c) Memnon died unexpectedly.
(d) A great earthquake was taken as a sign to call off the invasion.
4. Which city refused to help Tyre in Alexander's siege?
5. At what site did Alexander finally meet Darius himself in battle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mieza was known for what export?
2. Which commander opposed Alexander at the battle of Granicus River?
3. What was the name of Philip's fifth wife?
4. Why was Philip interested in the region of Mt. Pangaeus?
5. Which of the following did Alexander NOT do after the battle of Granicus?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)