|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what site did Alexander finally meet Darius himself in battle?
2. In what year was the battle of Pelium fought?
(a) 480 BC.
(b) 335 BC.
(c) 320 BC.
(d) 128 AD.
3. What action did Alexander take before and after crossing the Dardanelles River in the Persian campaign?
(a) He burned all the crops on the shores of the river.
(b) He built altars to the gods.
(c) He murdered townspeople on either side of the river.
(d) He ritualistically bathed the entire army.
4. How did Darius of Persia respond to the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
(a) He did not support it, preferring to let the Greeks handle their own affairs.
(b) He did not support it, and tried to conquer the city himself.
(c) He supported it, because he was a staunch ally of Thebes.
(d) He supported it, knowing that it would stall Alexander from invading Persia.
5. What military strategy did Philip innovate in his battle with the Illyrians?
(a) Ranged combat with archers.
(b) A slanted infantry line.
(c) Shields for the front line.
(d) He used elephants in war for the first time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the outcome of the Battle of Chaeronaea?
2. After the battle of Granicus, Alexander established a base in what location?
3. What is the name of the sea east of the Greek mainland?
4. What was the ultimate result of the uprising of Thebes in 335 BC?
5. What was different between the way Alexander handled Miletus versus Thebes?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)