|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Alexander the Great born?
2. Who was the mother of Alexander?
3. What was the ultimate result of the uprising of Thebes in 335 BC?
(a) The city was burned to the ground, but Alexander spared all its citizens.
(b) Thebes' citizens were massacred, but the city was left as a fortress.
(c) Thebes' citizens were massacred and the city was burned to the ground.
(d) Thebes' brokered a peace and became part of Alexander's kingdom.
4. Where did Darius offer a settlement to Alexander after the battle of Issus?
5. After the battle of Granicus, Alexander established a base in what location?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Darius of Persia respond to the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
2. What action by Alexander contributed to the debt of Macedonia prior to the Persian campaign?
3. Mieza was known for what export?
4. What was the Macedonian infantry known as?
5. How did Darius respond to Alexander's successful siege of Tyre?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)