|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Thebes' immediate reaction to Alexander assuming the Macedonian throne?
(a) They expelled Alexander's troops from the city.
(b) They openly accepted Alexander as their king.
(c) They kidnapped Alexander's mother Olympias.
(d) They tried to bribe members of the Macedonian assembly to depose Alexander.
2. What military strategy did Philip innovate in his battle with the Illyrians?
(a) Ranged combat with archers.
(b) Shields for the front line.
(c) He used elephants in war for the first time.
(d) A slanted infantry line.
3. In Persia's efforts to capture Sidon, whom did Philip support?
(a) The Spartans.
(b) The Assyrians.
(c) The Athenians.
(d) The Egyptians.
4. What regions was Macedonia divided into prior to Alexander's birth?
(a) Upper Macedonia and Lower Macedonia.
(b) North, East, South, and West Macedonia.
(c) Jungle Macedonia and Desert Macedonia.
(d) Eastern Macedonia and Western Macedonia.
5. During the battle of Granicus River, where was Alexander located?
(a) He was in Pella trying to raise money for the war effort.
(b) He watched the battle unfold from a nearby hill.
(c) He fought alongside his men.
(d) He was in Athens receiving further counsel from Aristotle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mieza was known for what export?
2. How many troops did Alexander capture and enslave in the battle of Granicus River?
3. What is the name of the sea east of the Greek mainland?
4. While in Gordium, what did Alexander take as a sign from Zeus to continue his campaign?
5. How many years did Alexander study with Aristotle?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)