|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is NOT one of the qualities Aristotle bestowed on young Alexander?
(a) Hedonistic view on life.
(c) Analytical mind.
(d) Scientific curiosity.
2. What was the first town to which Alexander came in the Persian campaign?
3. How many years did Alexander study with Aristotle?
4. What political deal did Alexander strike with queen Ada in Allinda?
(a) He agreed to marry her, so that he might become the leader of Allinda.
(b) He agreed to keep all of her city officials in place, in exchange for her naming him as her successor.
(c) He supported her in regaining her position in exchange for her naming him as her successor.
(d) He exiled her, rather than executing her outright.
5. How did Alexander deal with the Gordian Knot?
(a) He was unable to untie the knot, in the end.
(b) He painstakingly unraveled it.
(c) He cut it in half with a sword.
(d) He attached horses to either end and had them run in opposite directions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mieza was known for what export?
2. When King Philip met the Illyrians in battle, how many Illyrians did he kill, approximately?
3. What was NOT one of the actions Alexander took after his father was murdered?
4. In the summer of 939, with what threat did Philip have to contend?
5. Why was Philip interested in the region of Mt. Pangaeus?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)