|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the mother of Alexander?
2. Which BEST characterizes the environment in which Alexander as a child was brought up?
(a) A quiet life involving religious contemplation.
(b) A peasant life of hard work in the fields.
(c) A female-dominated world of waiting women and artists.
(d) A male-dominated world of feasts and professional soldiers.
3. How many troops did Alexander capture and enslave in the battle of Granicus River?
(a) Ten thousand.
(c) Three hundred.
(d) Two thousand.
4. Which Persian king did Alexander oppose in his military campaign?
5. What action did Alexander take before and after crossing the Dardanelles River in the Persian campaign?
(a) He built altars to the gods.
(b) He burned all the crops on the shores of the river.
(c) He murdered townspeople on either side of the river.
(d) He ritualistically bathed the entire army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Alexander NOT do after the battle of Granicus?
2. Which BEST characterizes Olympias' relationship with Alexander?
3. Which commander opposed Alexander at the battle of Granicus River?
4. Where did Alexander begin his studies with Aristotle?
5. What was the name of the capital of Macedonia?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)