|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which BEST characterizes Olympias' relationship with Alexander?
(a) The two were very close.
(b) She never knew Alexander.
(c) She envied and hated Alexander.
(d) She feared him and felt terrorized by him.
2. How did Alexander deal with the Gordian Knot?
(a) He attached horses to either end and had them run in opposite directions.
(b) He cut it in half with a sword.
(c) He was unable to untie the knot, in the end.
(d) He painstakingly unraveled it.
3. How did the Persian empire prepare for a planned invasion of the Greek mainland around 334 BC?
(a) Darius married Ada to force a political/military alliance.
(b) Memnon began capturing islands off the coast.
(c) Memnon captured Athens to use as a base of operations.
(d) Darius fired Memnon in order to personally lead the troops.
4. What regions was Macedonia divided into prior to Alexander's birth?
(a) Upper Macedonia and Lower Macedonia.
(b) Jungle Macedonia and Desert Macedonia.
(c) Eastern Macedonia and Western Macedonia.
(d) North, East, South, and West Macedonia.
5. During the battle of Granicus River, where was Alexander located?
(a) He watched the battle unfold from a nearby hill.
(b) He was in Pella trying to raise money for the war effort.
(c) He was in Athens receiving further counsel from Aristotle.
(d) He fought alongside his men.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was the battle of Pelium fought?
2. What city did Alexander have built after the battle of Granicus?
3. What monument was built in response to events after the battle of Chaeronaea?
4. What was Philip's opinion of his son's ambition?
5. What was the name of Philip's fifth wife?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)