|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which commander opposed Alexander at the battle of Granicus River?
2. Which Persian king did Alexander oppose in his military campaign?
3. Why was Philip interested in the region of Mt. Pangaeus?
(a) He believed the legendary Fountain of Youth was located there.
(b) He wished to mine for gold and silver.
(c) He wished to conquer the citizens there because of their disrespect.
(d) He wished to establish a military fort there.
4. How many troops did Alexander capture and enslave in the battle of Granicus River?
(b) Three hundred.
(c) Two thousand.
(d) Ten thousand.
5. In which year did the Persians capture Sidon from the Greeks?
(a) 114 AD.
(b) 202 BC.
(c) 345 BC.
(d) 785 BC.
Short Answer Questions
1. What monument was built in response to events after the battle of Chaeronaea?
2. What action did Alexander take before and after crossing the Dardanelles River in the Persian campaign?
3. Who was the mother of Alexander?
4. What was different between the way Alexander handled Miletus versus Thebes?
5. What kind of military leader was King Philip?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)