|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Macedonian infantry known as?
(a) The Foot Companions.
(b) Ground Quake.
(c) The Warrior Eagles.
(d) The Fighting Macedons.
2. What action by Alexander contributed to the debt of Macedonia prior to the Persian campaign?
(a) Alexander had built a host of war machines at great cost.
(b) Alexander had imported animals from all around the world for a zoo.
(c) Alexander held a series of legendary and expensive feasts.
(d) Alexander had refused to tax the citizens.
3. What was different between the way Alexander handled Miletus versus Thebes?
(a) Unlike Thebes, Alexander skipped Miletus over and did not enter it.
(b) Unlike Thebes, Alexander spared the people of Miletus.
(c) Unlike Miletus, Alexander skipped Thebes over and did not enter it.
(d) Unlike Miletus, Alexander spared the people of Thebes.
4. What was Philip's opinion of his son's ambition?
(a) Philip recognized it, and plotted with Olympias to kill Alexander.
(b) Philip recognized it, but thought Alexander was no threat.
(c) Philip recognized it and tried to sire an alternate heir to Alexander.
(d) Philip did not recognize it, and Alexander seized power under his nose.
5. Where was Alexander the Great born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the outcome of the Battle of Chaeronaea?
2. Who assassinated Philip?
3. What was NOT one of the actions Alexander took after his father was murdered?
4. What kind of military leader was King Philip?
5. Where was Philip when Alexander first led the troops, quelling a rebellion?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)