|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the Persian invasion of Greece called off?
(a) Darius ran out of money.
(b) Memnon died unexpectedly.
(c) Alexander soundly defeated Memnon in Phoenicia.
(d) A great earthquake was taken as a sign to call off the invasion.
2. At what event was Philip assassinated?
(a) A peace negotiation.
(b) A battle.
(c) A speech to the Macedonian assembly.
(d) A wedding.
3. At what site did Alexander finally meet Darius himself in battle?
4. Which BEST characterizes the environment in which Alexander as a child was brought up?
(a) A male-dominated world of feasts and professional soldiers.
(b) A female-dominated world of waiting women and artists.
(c) A quiet life involving religious contemplation.
(d) A peasant life of hard work in the fields.
5. What important battle took place in August 338?
(a) The battle of Jhelum River.
(b) The battle of Peloponnesia.
(c) The battle of Thebes.
(d) The battle of Chaeronaea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the mother of Alexander?
2. During the battle of Granicus River, where was Alexander located?
3. Which was NOT one of the types of troops Alexander included in his army that battled the Persians?
4. What is the technical military term for a slanted infantry line, such as the one used at the battle of Chaeronaea?
5. Where was Philip when Alexander first led the troops, quelling a rebellion?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)