|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 335 BC, who commanded Persian military forces?
(a) Memnon of Rhodes.
(b) Xerxes I.
2. How could Macedonia be characterized prior to Philip's rule?
(a) Peaceful and powerful.
(b) Mystical and feared.
(c) Warlike and imperial.
(d) Weak and insignificant.
3. Which of the following statements is true of Alexander as a boy?
(a) Alexander was shy and unassuming, and cared little for glory.
(b) Alexander never held grudges, and was always quick to forgive.
(c) Alexander loathed his mother and much preferred his father.
(d) Alexander was jealous of his father's military conquests.
4. After the battle of Granicus, Alexander established a base in what location?
5. Which BEST characterizes the environment in which Alexander as a child was brought up?
(a) A male-dominated world of feasts and professional soldiers.
(b) A quiet life involving religious contemplation.
(c) A peasant life of hard work in the fields.
(d) A female-dominated world of waiting women and artists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the outcome of the Battle of Chaeronaea?
2. What occurred in the siege of Halicarnassus?
3. What was the first town to which Alexander came in the Persian campaign?
4. At what site did Alexander finally meet Darius himself in battle?
5. During the battle of Granicus River, where was Alexander located?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)