|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what event was Philip assassinated?
(a) A speech to the Macedonian assembly.
(b) A peace negotiation.
(c) A wedding.
(d) A battle.
2. What is the name of the sea east of the Greek mainland?
3. In 335 BC, who commanded Persian military forces?
(b) Xerxes I.
(d) Memnon of Rhodes.
4. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
(a) He demanded all of the city's gold reserves.
(b) He demanded that all the men of Thebes be imprisoned.
(c) He demanded all religious iconography in the city to be destroyed.
(d) He demanded that the leaders of the revolt surrender.
5. What monument was built in response to events after the battle of Chaeronaea?
(a) The Philippians.
(b) The Hanging Gardens.
(c) The Great Library.
(d) The Alabaster Tower.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the battle of Granicus, Alexander established a base in what location?
2. During the battle of Granicus River, where was Alexander located?
3. Which of the following statements is true of Alexander as a boy?
4. What was the ultimate result of the uprising of Thebes in 335 BC?
5. How many years did Alexander study with Aristotle?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)