|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Alexander begin his studies with Aristotle?
2. Where was Alexander the Great born?
3. In the summer of 939, with what threat did Philip have to contend?
(a) The possibility of city states joining forces to invade Macedonia.
(b) An insurrection on the part of the Macedonian assembly.
(c) A great famine which swept Macedonia.
(d) The possibility that Olympias would have him murdered.
4. What occurred in the siege of Halicarnassus?
(a) Alexander took the city from the Persians, but the Persians set fire to most of the city.
(b) The Persians were defeated, but they scored an important victory in destroying Alexander's naval power.
(c) The Persians took the city from Alexander, but Alexander had the city burned.
(d) Alexander was triumphant, killing Memnon and ending his Persian campaign.
5. Mieza was known for what export?
Short Answer Questions
1. What action did Alexander take before and after crossing the Dardanelles River in the Persian campaign?
2. During the battle of Granicus River, where was Alexander located?
3. After the battle of Granicus, Alexander established a base in what location?
4. What regions was Macedonia divided into prior to Alexander's birth?
5. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)