|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Philip interested in the region of Mt. Pangaeus?
(a) He wished to mine for gold and silver.
(b) He believed the legendary Fountain of Youth was located there.
(c) He wished to conquer the citizens there because of their disrespect.
(d) He wished to establish a military fort there.
2. In which year did the Persians capture Sidon from the Greeks?
(a) 114 AD.
(b) 345 BC.
(c) 785 BC.
(d) 202 BC.
3. What was NOT one of the actions Alexander took after his father was murdered?
(a) He maintained the overall principles of his father's administration.
(b) He had several of his political enemies murdered.
(c) He gave key positions to friends returned from exile.
(d) He personally murdered Cleopatra's baby and possible heir to the throne, Cananis.
4. During the battle of Granicus River, where was Alexander located?
(a) He was in Athens receiving further counsel from Aristotle.
(b) He watched the battle unfold from a nearby hill.
(c) He was in Pella trying to raise money for the war effort.
(d) He fought alongside his men.
5. In what financial state did Philip leave Macedonia when he died?
(a) Macedonia was left in a very prosperous state.
(b) Philip died in debt.
(c) Macedonia was barely making money.
(d) Macedonia was bankrupt, and citizens were fleeing the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the main weapon of the Macedonian infantry under King Philip?
2. What action did Alexander take before and after crossing the Dardanelles River in the Persian campaign?
3. What important battle took place in August 338?
4. What was the first town to which Alexander came in the Persian campaign?
5. What strategy did Philip use in 939 to defeat his enemy?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)