|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Alexander begin his war against the Persians?
(a) 348 BC.
(b) 117 AD.
(c) 315 BC.
(d) 334 BC.
2. What was Philip's stance on Panhellenism?
(a) He was raised to respect and embrace the movement.
(b) He was indifferent, since the movement did not affect him.
(c) He tolerated it only if he could use it to his advantage.
(d) He hated the notion, and worked against it at every turn.
3. What was the main weapon of the Macedonian infantry under King Philip?
(a) Short sword.
(b) Double-bladed axe.
4. Where was Philip when Alexander first led the troops, quelling a rebellion?
(a) Involved in the Byzantine campaign.
(b) With Olympias in Egypt.
(c) In Mieza.
(d) By his side, overseeing the operation.
5. Which of the following did Alexander NOT do after the battle of Granicus?
(a) He kept existing city officials in place.
(b) He acquired Lydia.
(c) He acquired Ionia.
(d) He gained control of revenue in the province.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Macedonian infantry known as?
2. What was the name of Philip's fifth wife?
3. How many years did Alexander study with Aristotle?
4. Which BEST characterizes Olympias' relationship with Alexander?
5. How did Alexander deal with the Gordian Knot?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)