|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of military leader was King Philip?
(a) He was a procrastinator who did not insist on high standards.
(b) He was a strict disciplinarian.
(c) He did not keep much of an army during his reign.
(d) He relied heavily on improvisation and instinct.
2. During the battle of Granicus River, where was Alexander located?
(a) He was in Athens receiving further counsel from Aristotle.
(b) He was in Pella trying to raise money for the war effort.
(c) He watched the battle unfold from a nearby hill.
(d) He fought alongside his men.
3. How many troops did Alexander capture and enslave in the battle of Granicus River?
(a) Ten thousand.
(c) Two thousand.
(d) Three hundred.
4. What was the ultimate result of the uprising of Thebes in 335 BC?
(a) The city was burned to the ground, but Alexander spared all its citizens.
(b) Thebes' citizens were massacred and the city was burned to the ground.
(c) Thebes' citizens were massacred, but the city was left as a fortress.
(d) Thebes' brokered a peace and became part of Alexander's kingdom.
5. Which Persian king did Alexander oppose in his military campaign?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Alexander the Great born?
2. For his 336 BC to 335 BC military campaign, what kind of training did Alexander have his troops undergo?
3. What was Philip's stance on Panhellenism?
4. What action by Alexander contributed to the debt of Macedonia prior to the Persian campaign?
5. In which year did the Persians capture Sidon from the Greeks?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)