|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What military strategy did Philip innovate in his battle with the Illyrians?
(a) A slanted infantry line.
(b) Shields for the front line.
(c) Ranged combat with archers.
(d) He used elephants in war for the first time.
2. What action by Alexander contributed to the debt of Macedonia prior to the Persian campaign?
(a) Alexander had imported animals from all around the world for a zoo.
(b) Alexander had built a host of war machines at great cost.
(c) Alexander held a series of legendary and expensive feasts.
(d) Alexander had refused to tax the citizens.
3. In which year did the Persians capture Sidon from the Greeks?
(a) 114 AD.
(b) 202 BC.
(c) 785 BC.
(d) 345 BC.
4. Where was Alexander the Great born?
5. What was the outcome of the Battle of Chaeronaea?
(a) Philip fought to an unsatisfying standstill.
(b) Philip won a decisive victory.
(c) Philip did not win, but importantly he managed to destroy the Athenian navy.
(d) Philip was soundly defeated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who financed the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
2. In what year was Alexander the Great born?
3. What is the technical military term for a slanted infantry line, such as the one used at the battle of Chaeronaea?
4. What was different between the way Alexander handled Miletus versus Thebes?
5. Which Persian king did Alexander oppose in his military campaign?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)