|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which commander opposed Alexander at the battle of Granicus River?
2. When King Philip met the Illyrians in battle, how many Illyrians did he kill, approximately?
(a) Nineteen thousand.
(b) One Hundred.
(c) Only a handful.
(d) Seven thousand.
3. In what year was the battle of Pelium fought?
(a) 320 BC.
(b) 128 AD.
(c) 335 BC.
(d) 480 BC.
4. How did Alexander deal with the Gordian Knot?
(a) He painstakingly unraveled it.
(b) He attached horses to either end and had them run in opposite directions.
(c) He was unable to untie the knot, in the end.
(d) He cut it in half with a sword.
5. Which is NOT one of the qualities Aristotle bestowed on young Alexander?
(b) Analytical mind.
(c) Hedonistic view on life.
(d) Scientific curiosity.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many troops did Alexander capture and enslave in the battle of Granicus River?
2. What was Thebes' immediate reaction to Alexander assuming the Macedonian throne?
3. What was the ultimate result of the uprising of Thebes in 335 BC?
4. For his 336 BC to 335 BC military campaign, what kind of training did Alexander have his troops undergo?
5. How did Darius of Persia respond to the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)