|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which year did the Persians capture Sidon from the Greeks?
(a) 202 BC.
(b) 785 BC.
(c) 345 BC.
(d) 114 AD.
2. In what year was the battle of Pelium fought?
(a) 335 BC.
(b) 128 AD.
(c) 320 BC.
(d) 480 BC.
3. How did Alexander deal with the Gordian Knot?
(a) He cut it in half with a sword.
(b) He was unable to untie the knot, in the end.
(c) He painstakingly unraveled it.
(d) He attached horses to either end and had them run in opposite directions.
4. While in Gordium, what did Alexander take as a sign from Zeus to continue his campaign?
(a) A thunderstorm.
(b) A hawk landing on a statue of Zeus.
(c) A calf born with two heads.
(d) An earthquake.
5. What kind of military leader was King Philip?
(a) He was a procrastinator who did not insist on high standards.
(b) He was a strict disciplinarian.
(c) He did not keep much of an army during his reign.
(d) He relied heavily on improvisation and instinct.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city state did Alexander attack in 336 BC as he pushed toward the Danube River?
2. At what event was Philip assassinated?
3. What was the outcome of the Battle of Chaeronaea?
4. What regions was Macedonia divided into prior to Alexander's birth?
5. How did the Persian empire prepare for a planned invasion of the Greek mainland around 334 BC?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)