|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What acted as a restraint on the power wielded by the King of Macedon?
(a) He was not allowed to personally lead the army.
(b) He could not engage in foreign policy decisions.
(c) His wives were chosen by the Macedonian assembly.
(d) He could be voted out by the Macedonian assembly.
2. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
(a) He demanded all of the city's gold reserves.
(b) He demanded that all the men of Thebes be imprisoned.
(c) He demanded all religious iconography in the city to be destroyed.
(d) He demanded that the leaders of the revolt surrender.
3. Which of the following statements is true of Alexander as a boy?
(a) Alexander was shy and unassuming, and cared little for glory.
(b) Alexander never held grudges, and was always quick to forgive.
(c) Alexander was jealous of his father's military conquests.
(d) Alexander loathed his mother and much preferred his father.
4. What was the ultimate result of the uprising of Thebes in 335 BC?
(a) Thebes' citizens were massacred and the city was burned to the ground.
(b) Thebes' citizens were massacred, but the city was left as a fortress.
(c) The city was burned to the ground, but Alexander spared all its citizens.
(d) Thebes' brokered a peace and became part of Alexander's kingdom.
5. In what year was the battle of Pelium fought?
(a) 128 AD.
(b) 320 BC.
(c) 480 BC.
(d) 335 BC.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Philip's fifth wife?
2. What monument was built in response to events after the battle of Chaeronaea?
3. For his 336 BC to 335 BC military campaign, what kind of training did Alexander have his troops undergo?
4. What military strategy did Philip innovate in his battle with the Illyrians?
5. While in Gordium, what did Alexander take as a sign from Zeus to continue his campaign?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)