|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How could Macedonia be characterized prior to Philip's rule?
(a) Mystical and feared.
(b) Peaceful and powerful.
(c) Warlike and imperial.
(d) Weak and insignificant.
2. How did Alexander deal with the Gordian Knot?
(a) He was unable to untie the knot, in the end.
(b) He painstakingly unraveled it.
(c) He cut it in half with a sword.
(d) He attached horses to either end and had them run in opposite directions.
3. In Persia's efforts to capture Sidon, whom did Philip support?
(a) The Egyptians.
(b) The Assyrians.
(c) The Spartans.
(d) The Athenians.
4. What regions was Macedonia divided into prior to Alexander's birth?
(a) Jungle Macedonia and Desert Macedonia.
(b) Eastern Macedonia and Western Macedonia.
(c) Upper Macedonia and Lower Macedonia.
(d) North, East, South, and West Macedonia.
5. Where was Philip when Alexander first led the troops, quelling a rebellion?
(a) By his side, overseeing the operation.
(b) With Olympias in Egypt.
(c) Involved in the Byzantine campaign.
(d) In Mieza.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Persian king did Alexander oppose in his military campaign?
2. Which BEST characterizes the environment in which Alexander as a child was brought up?
3. In 335 BC, who commanded Persian military forces?
4. Mieza was known for what export?
5. Which of the following did Alexander NOT do after the battle of Granicus?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)