|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Philip's opinion of his son's ambition?
(a) Philip recognized it, and plotted with Olympias to kill Alexander.
(b) Philip recognized it and tried to sire an alternate heir to Alexander.
(c) Philip did not recognize it, and Alexander seized power under his nose.
(d) Philip recognized it, but thought Alexander was no threat.
2. What action did Alexander take in the Persian campaign in regards to the town of Lampsacus?
(a) He sold all of the town's men into slavery.
(b) He razed the town to the ground.
(c) He took money from the town in order to leave it alone.
(d) He hired many mercenaries from the town.
3. Where was Alexander the Great born?
4. In what year was Alexander the Great born?
(a) 808 BC.
(b) 3 AD.
(c) 356 BC.
(d) 120 AD.
5. What political deal did Alexander strike with queen Ada in Allinda?
(a) He agreed to marry her, so that he might become the leader of Allinda.
(b) He agreed to keep all of her city officials in place, in exchange for her naming him as her successor.
(c) He exiled her, rather than executing her outright.
(d) He supported her in regaining her position in exchange for her naming him as her successor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is NOT one of the qualities Aristotle bestowed on young Alexander?
2. What monument was built in response to events after the battle of Chaeronaea?
3. What was the ultimate result of the uprising of Thebes in 335 BC?
4. Which of the following statements is true of Alexander as a boy?
5. How did Darius of Persia respond to the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)