|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important battle took place in August 338?
(a) The battle of Thebes.
(b) The battle of Jhelum River.
(c) The battle of Peloponnesia.
(d) The battle of Chaeronaea.
2. For his 336 BC to 335 BC military campaign, what kind of training did Alexander have his troops undergo?
(a) Mountain warfare.
(b) Naval warfare.
(c) Amphibious warfare.
(d) Desert warfare.
3. What was Philip's stance on Panhellenism?
(a) He hated the notion, and worked against it at every turn.
(b) He was indifferent, since the movement did not affect him.
(c) He tolerated it only if he could use it to his advantage.
(d) He was raised to respect and embrace the movement.
4. Who assassinated Philip?
(a) A jealous former male lover.
5. In the summer of 939, with what threat did Philip have to contend?
(a) The possibility that Olympias would have him murdered.
(b) A great famine which swept Macedonia.
(c) An insurrection on the part of the Macedonian assembly.
(d) The possibility of city states joining forces to invade Macedonia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What action by Alexander contributed to the debt of Macedonia prior to the Persian campaign?
2. What was different between the way Alexander handled Miletus versus Thebes?
3. In what year was the battle of Pelium fought?
4. Who financed the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
5. Which Persian king did Alexander oppose in his military campaign?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)