|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the capital of Macedonia?
2. What was Philip's opinion of his son's ambition?
(a) Philip recognized it and tried to sire an alternate heir to Alexander.
(b) Philip recognized it, but thought Alexander was no threat.
(c) Philip recognized it, and plotted with Olympias to kill Alexander.
(d) Philip did not recognize it, and Alexander seized power under his nose.
3. What occurred in the siege of Halicarnassus?
(a) Alexander took the city from the Persians, but the Persians set fire to most of the city.
(b) The Persians were defeated, but they scored an important victory in destroying Alexander's naval power.
(c) Alexander was triumphant, killing Memnon and ending his Persian campaign.
(d) The Persians took the city from Alexander, but Alexander had the city burned.
4. How could Macedonia be characterized prior to Philip's rule?
(a) Warlike and imperial.
(b) Peaceful and powerful.
(c) Mystical and feared.
(d) Weak and insignificant.
5. What city did Alexander have built after the battle of Granicus?
(a) New Smyrna.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in Gordium, what did Alexander take as a sign from Zeus to continue his campaign?
2. What was different between the way Alexander handled Miletus versus Thebes?
3. Who was the mother of Alexander?
4. What was Thebes' immediate reaction to Alexander assuming the Macedonian throne?
5. What military strategy did Philip innovate in his battle with the Illyrians?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)