|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important battle took place in August 338?
(a) The battle of Jhelum River.
(b) The battle of Peloponnesia.
(c) The battle of Chaeronaea.
(d) The battle of Thebes.
2. What action did Alexander take in the Persian campaign in regards to the town of Lampsacus?
(a) He hired many mercenaries from the town.
(b) He sold all of the town's men into slavery.
(c) He took money from the town in order to leave it alone.
(d) He razed the town to the ground.
3. What was the ultimate result of the uprising of Thebes in 335 BC?
(a) Thebes' citizens were massacred and the city was burned to the ground.
(b) The city was burned to the ground, but Alexander spared all its citizens.
(c) Thebes' citizens were massacred, but the city was left as a fortress.
(d) Thebes' brokered a peace and became part of Alexander's kingdom.
4. Which Persian king did Alexander oppose in his military campaign?
5. What was Philip's stance on Panhellenism?
(a) He tolerated it only if he could use it to his advantage.
(b) He was raised to respect and embrace the movement.
(c) He hated the notion, and worked against it at every turn.
(d) He was indifferent, since the movement did not affect him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Alexander deal with the Gordian Knot?
2. At what site did Alexander finally meet Darius himself in battle?
3. How did Darius of Persia respond to the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
4. Which BEST characterizes the environment in which Alexander as a child was brought up?
5. In what year was Alexander the Great born?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)