|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Philip's stance on Panhellenism?
(a) He hated the notion, and worked against it at every turn.
(b) He was raised to respect and embrace the movement.
(c) He was indifferent, since the movement did not affect him.
(d) He tolerated it only if he could use it to his advantage.
2. Why was the Persian invasion of Greece called off?
(a) A great earthquake was taken as a sign to call off the invasion.
(b) Darius ran out of money.
(c) Alexander soundly defeated Memnon in Phoenicia.
(d) Memnon died unexpectedly.
3. In what year was Alexander the Great born?
(a) 120 AD.
(b) 356 BC.
(c) 808 BC.
(d) 3 AD.
4. At what age was Alexander appointed Regent of Macedonia?
5. Which Persian king did Alexander oppose in his military campaign?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the main weapon of the Macedonian infantry under King Philip?
2. Which BEST characterizes the environment in which Alexander as a child was brought up?
3. At what event was Philip assassinated?
4. Where did Alexander begin his studies with Aristotle?
5. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)