|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what site did Alexander finally meet Darius himself in battle?
2. In Persia's efforts to capture Sidon, whom did Philip support?
(a) The Egyptians.
(b) The Spartans.
(c) The Athenians.
(d) The Assyrians.
3. Why was the Persian invasion of Greece called off?
(a) Alexander soundly defeated Memnon in Phoenicia.
(b) Darius ran out of money.
(c) Memnon died unexpectedly.
(d) A great earthquake was taken as a sign to call off the invasion.
4. At what age was Alexander appointed Regent of Macedonia?
5. What was the first town to which Alexander came in the Persian campaign?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mieza was known for what export?
2. In 335 BC, who commanded Persian military forces?
3. Which of the following statements is true of Alexander as a boy?
4. What acted as a restraint on the power wielded by the King of Macedon?
5. What kind of military leader was King Philip?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)