|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Alexander begin his studies with Aristotle?
2. Which was NOT one of the types of troops Alexander included in his army that battled the Persians?
(b) Animal handlers.
3. What was the first town to which Alexander came in the Persian campaign?
4. During the battle of Granicus River, where was Alexander located?
(a) He was in Pella trying to raise money for the war effort.
(b) He was in Athens receiving further counsel from Aristotle.
(c) He watched the battle unfold from a nearby hill.
(d) He fought alongside his men.
5. At what age was Alexander appointed Regent of Macedonia?
Short Answer Questions
1. What military strategy did Philip innovate in his battle with the Illyrians?
2. In response to learning that Philip supported the Persians, what did the Greeks do?
3. What kind of military leader was King Philip?
4. While in Gordium, what did Alexander take as a sign from Zeus to continue his campaign?
5. When King Philip met the Illyrians in battle, how many Illyrians did he kill, approximately?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)