|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How could Macedonia be characterized prior to Philip's rule?
(a) Peaceful and powerful.
(b) Mystical and feared.
(c) Weak and insignificant.
(d) Warlike and imperial.
2. Which was NOT one of the types of troops Alexander included in his army that battled the Persians?
(d) Animal handlers.
3. Which BEST characterizes Olympias' relationship with Alexander?
(a) She feared him and felt terrorized by him.
(b) She never knew Alexander.
(c) The two were very close.
(d) She envied and hated Alexander.
4. In what financial state did Philip leave Macedonia when he died?
(a) Philip died in debt.
(b) Macedonia was bankrupt, and citizens were fleeing the country.
(c) Macedonia was barely making money.
(d) Macedonia was left in a very prosperous state.
5. Who led the troops in an August 338 battle?
(a) Alexander only.
(b) Philip only.
(d) Philip and Alexander.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the sea east of the Greek mainland?
2. Who killed Amyntus and Caranus?
3. Who was the mother of Alexander?
4. Where was Alexander the Great born?
5. When King Philip met the Illyrians in battle, how many Illyrians did he kill, approximately?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)