|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What political deal did Alexander strike with queen Ada in Allinda?
(a) He exiled her, rather than executing her outright.
(b) He supported her in regaining her position in exchange for her naming him as her successor.
(c) He agreed to keep all of her city officials in place, in exchange for her naming him as her successor.
(d) He agreed to marry her, so that he might become the leader of Allinda.
2. Where was Philip when Alexander first led the troops, quelling a rebellion?
(a) Involved in the Byzantine campaign.
(b) By his side, overseeing the operation.
(c) With Olympias in Egypt.
(d) In Mieza.
3. How many troops did Alexander capture and enslave in the battle of Granicus River?
(a) Three hundred.
(b) Ten thousand.
(d) Two thousand.
4. Which of the following did Alexander NOT do after the battle of Granicus?
(a) He kept existing city officials in place.
(b) He acquired Lydia.
(c) He gained control of revenue in the province.
(d) He acquired Ionia.
5. What is the name of the sea east of the Greek mainland?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Alexander begin his war against the Persians?
2. What was different between the way Alexander handled Miletus versus Thebes?
3. Who assassinated Philip?
4. Which is NOT one of the qualities Aristotle bestowed on young Alexander?
5. What strategy did Philip use in 939 to defeat his enemy?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)