|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Philip interested in the region of Mt. Pangaeus?
(a) He believed the legendary Fountain of Youth was located there.
(b) He wished to conquer the citizens there because of their disrespect.
(c) He wished to mine for gold and silver.
(d) He wished to establish a military fort there.
2. When did Alexander begin his war against the Persians?
(a) 315 BC.
(b) 348 BC.
(c) 117 AD.
(d) 334 BC.
3. What action by Alexander contributed to the debt of Macedonia prior to the Persian campaign?
(a) Alexander had imported animals from all around the world for a zoo.
(b) Alexander had refused to tax the citizens.
(c) Alexander had built a host of war machines at great cost.
(d) Alexander held a series of legendary and expensive feasts.
4. At what age was Alexander appointed Regent of Macedonia?
5. Why was the Persian invasion of Greece called off?
(a) A great earthquake was taken as a sign to call off the invasion.
(b) Darius ran out of money.
(c) Memnon died unexpectedly.
(d) Alexander soundly defeated Memnon in Phoenicia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Persian king did Alexander oppose in his military campaign?
2. What was the Macedonian infantry known as?
3. While in Gordium, what did Alexander take as a sign from Zeus to continue his campaign?
4. What was the ultimate result of the uprising of Thebes in 335 BC?
5. What was Philip's stance on Panhellenism?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)