|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Philip's opinion of his son's ambition?
(a) Philip recognized it and tried to sire an alternate heir to Alexander.
(b) Philip recognized it, but thought Alexander was no threat.
(c) Philip did not recognize it, and Alexander seized power under his nose.
(d) Philip recognized it, and plotted with Olympias to kill Alexander.
2. What kind of military leader was King Philip?
(a) He relied heavily on improvisation and instinct.
(b) He was a procrastinator who did not insist on high standards.
(c) He did not keep much of an army during his reign.
(d) He was a strict disciplinarian.
3. Who killed Amyntus and Caranus?
4. At what age was Alexander appointed Regent of Macedonia?
5. Who was the mother of Alexander?
Short Answer Questions
1. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Thebes offer its surrender?
2. How could Macedonia be characterized prior to Philip's rule?
3. What military strategy did Philip innovate in his battle with the Illyrians?
4. Who financed the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
5. In what year was Alexander the Great born?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)