|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the mother of Alexander?
2. Which of the following statements is true of Alexander as a boy?
(a) Alexander loathed his mother and much preferred his father.
(b) Alexander was jealous of his father's military conquests.
(c) Alexander was shy and unassuming, and cared little for glory.
(d) Alexander never held grudges, and was always quick to forgive.
3. Where was Alexander the Great born?
4. Who financed the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
5. What was the main weapon of the Macedonian infantry under King Philip?
(a) Double-bladed axe.
(d) Short sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who led the troops in an August 338 battle?
2. At what event was Philip assassinated?
3. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
4. What was the outcome of the Battle of Chaeronaea?
5. How could Macedonia be characterized prior to Philip's rule?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)