|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years did Alexander study with Aristotle?
2. In which year did the Persians capture Sidon from the Greeks?
(a) 785 BC.
(b) 202 BC.
(c) 114 AD.
(d) 345 BC.
3. What was the Macedonian infantry known as?
(a) The Foot Companions.
(b) Ground Quake.
(c) The Warrior Eagles.
(d) The Fighting Macedons.
4. Which is NOT one of the qualities Aristotle bestowed on young Alexander?
(a) Analytical mind.
(b) Scientific curiosity.
(d) Hedonistic view on life.
5. What acted as a restraint on the power wielded by the King of Macedon?
(a) He could not engage in foreign policy decisions.
(b) His wives were chosen by the Macedonian assembly.
(c) He was not allowed to personally lead the army.
(d) He could be voted out by the Macedonian assembly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which BEST characterizes the environment in which Alexander as a child was brought up?
2. How could Macedonia be characterized prior to Philip's rule?
3. Mieza was known for what export?
4. How did Darius of Persia respond to the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
5. In Persia's efforts to capture Sidon, whom did Philip support?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)