|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years did Alexander study with Aristotle?
2. In response to learning that Philip supported the Persians, what did the Greeks do?
(a) Tried to poison Philip.
(b) Sent men to rob Philip's palace.
(c) Arrested and tortured Philip.
(d) Arrested and tortured one of Philip's men.
3. Who financed the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
4. What was the Macedonian infantry known as?
(a) The Warrior Eagles.
(b) Ground Quake.
(c) The Fighting Macedons.
(d) The Foot Companions.
5. When King Philip met the Illyrians in battle, how many Illyrians did he kill, approximately?
(a) Only a handful.
(b) Nineteen thousand.
(c) Seven thousand.
(d) One Hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Thebes offer its surrender?
2. What was NOT one of the actions Alexander took after his father was murdered?
3. What was Thebes' immediate reaction to Alexander assuming the Macedonian throne?
4. What was the outcome of the Battle of Chaeronaea?
5. Mieza was known for what export?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)