|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Macedonian infantry known as?
(a) The Fighting Macedons.
(b) Ground Quake.
(c) The Warrior Eagles.
(d) The Foot Companions.
2. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
(a) He demanded all of the city's gold reserves.
(b) He demanded that the leaders of the revolt surrender.
(c) He demanded that all the men of Thebes be imprisoned.
(d) He demanded all religious iconography in the city to be destroyed.
3. Who financed the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
4. What regions was Macedonia divided into prior to Alexander's birth?
(a) Eastern Macedonia and Western Macedonia.
(b) North, East, South, and West Macedonia.
(c) Jungle Macedonia and Desert Macedonia.
(d) Upper Macedonia and Lower Macedonia.
5. At what event was Philip assassinated?
(a) A peace negotiation.
(b) A speech to the Macedonian assembly.
(c) A battle.
(d) A wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Philip when Alexander first led the troops, quelling a rebellion?
2. In response to learning that Philip supported the Persians, what did the Greeks do?
3. In what year was the battle of Pelium fought?
4. What was NOT one of the actions Alexander took after his father was murdered?
5. In which year did the Persians capture Sidon from the Greeks?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)