|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Alexander the Great born?
(a) 3 AD.
(b) 356 BC.
(c) 120 AD.
(d) 808 BC.
2. What military strategy did Philip innovate in his battle with the Illyrians?
(a) Shields for the front line.
(b) He used elephants in war for the first time.
(c) A slanted infantry line.
(d) Ranged combat with archers.
3. What was the name of Philip's fifth wife?
4. Who led the troops in an August 338 battle?
(a) Alexander only.
(b) Philip only.
(c) Philip and Alexander.
5. Which BEST characterizes Olympias' relationship with Alexander?
(a) She feared him and felt terrorized by him.
(b) She never knew Alexander.
(c) She envied and hated Alexander.
(d) The two were very close.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was the battle of Pelium fought?
2. At what age was Alexander appointed Regent of Macedonia?
3. At what event was Philip assassinated?
4. When King Philip met the Illyrians in battle, how many Illyrians did he kill, approximately?
5. What acted as a restraint on the power wielded by the King of Macedon?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)