|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the mother of Alexander?
2. What is the technical military term for a slanted infantry line, such as the one used at the battle of Chaeronaea?
3. For his 336 BC to 335 BC military campaign, what kind of training did Alexander have his troops undergo?
(a) Mountain warfare.
(b) Desert warfare.
(c) Amphibious warfare.
(d) Naval warfare.
4. At what event was Philip assassinated?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A speech to the Macedonian assembly.
(c) A battle.
(d) A peace negotiation.
5. Which BEST characterizes Olympias' relationship with Alexander?
(a) She feared him and felt terrorized by him.
(b) She never knew Alexander.
(c) The two were very close.
(d) She envied and hated Alexander.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who financed the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
2. What was Thebes' immediate reaction to Alexander assuming the Macedonian throne?
3. Mieza was known for what export?
4. What was Philip's stance on Panhellenism?
5. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Thebes offer its surrender?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)