|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of military leader was King Philip?
(a) He relied heavily on improvisation and instinct.
(b) He was a strict disciplinarian.
(c) He was a procrastinator who did not insist on high standards.
(d) He did not keep much of an army during his reign.
2. What regions was Macedonia divided into prior to Alexander's birth?
(a) Upper Macedonia and Lower Macedonia.
(b) North, East, South, and West Macedonia.
(c) Jungle Macedonia and Desert Macedonia.
(d) Eastern Macedonia and Western Macedonia.
3. What was Thebes' immediate reaction to Alexander assuming the Macedonian throne?
(a) They kidnapped Alexander's mother Olympias.
(b) They tried to bribe members of the Macedonian assembly to depose Alexander.
(c) They openly accepted Alexander as their king.
(d) They expelled Alexander's troops from the city.
4. What was the outcome of the Battle of Chaeronaea?
(a) Philip did not win, but importantly he managed to destroy the Athenian navy.
(b) Philip won a decisive victory.
(c) Philip was soundly defeated.
(d) Philip fought to an unsatisfying standstill.
5. In what year was Alexander the Great born?
(a) 808 BC.
(b) 120 AD.
(c) 356 BC.
(d) 3 AD.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
2. When King Philip met the Illyrians in battle, how many Illyrians did he kill, approximately?
3. What was the Macedonian infantry known as?
4. Which of the following statements is true of Alexander as a boy?
5. What monument was built in response to events after the battle of Chaeronaea?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)