|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city state did Alexander attack in 336 BC as he pushed toward the Danube River?
2. What was the ultimate result of the uprising of Thebes in 335 BC?
(a) Thebes' brokered a peace and became part of Alexander's kingdom.
(b) Thebes' citizens were massacred, but the city was left as a fortress.
(c) Thebes' citizens were massacred and the city was burned to the ground.
(d) The city was burned to the ground, but Alexander spared all its citizens.
3. In which year did the Persians capture Sidon from the Greeks?
(a) 345 BC.
(b) 785 BC.
(c) 114 AD.
(d) 202 BC.
4. Which of the following statements is true of Alexander as a boy?
(a) Alexander was shy and unassuming, and cared little for glory.
(b) Alexander never held grudges, and was always quick to forgive.
(c) Alexander was jealous of his father's military conquests.
(d) Alexander loathed his mother and much preferred his father.
5. What acted as a restraint on the power wielded by the King of Macedon?
(a) His wives were chosen by the Macedonian assembly.
(b) He could be voted out by the Macedonian assembly.
(c) He was not allowed to personally lead the army.
(d) He could not engage in foreign policy decisions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Alexander begin his studies with Aristotle?
2. Who led the troops in an August 338 battle?
3. What military strategy did Philip innovate in his battle with the Illyrians?
4. What kind of military leader was King Philip?
5. What was NOT one of the actions Alexander took after his father was murdered?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)