|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the summer of 939, with what threat did Philip have to contend?
(a) A great famine which swept Macedonia.
(b) An insurrection on the part of the Macedonian assembly.
(c) The possibility that Olympias would have him murdered.
(d) The possibility of city states joining forces to invade Macedonia.
2. In 335 BC, who commanded Persian military forces?
(a) Memnon of Rhodes.
(d) Xerxes I.
3. Who was the mother of Alexander?
4. What monument was built in response to events after the battle of Chaeronaea?
(a) The Alabaster Tower.
(b) The Great Library.
(c) The Philippians.
(d) The Hanging Gardens.
5. How did Darius of Persia respond to the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
(a) He supported it, because he was a staunch ally of Thebes.
(b) He supported it, knowing that it would stall Alexander from invading Persia.
(c) He did not support it, and tried to conquer the city himself.
(d) He did not support it, preferring to let the Greeks handle their own affairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Alexander begin his studies with Aristotle?
2. What strategy did Philip use in 939 to defeat his enemy?
3. In what year was the battle of Pelium fought?
4. How many years did Alexander study with Aristotle?
5. Where was Philip when Alexander first led the troops, quelling a rebellion?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)