|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was the battle of Pelium fought?
(a) 128 AD.
(b) 320 BC.
(c) 335 BC.
(d) 480 BC.
2. What was the ultimate result of the uprising of Thebes in 335 BC?
(a) Thebes' citizens were massacred, but the city was left as a fortress.
(b) The city was burned to the ground, but Alexander spared all its citizens.
(c) Thebes' citizens were massacred and the city was burned to the ground.
(d) Thebes' brokered a peace and became part of Alexander's kingdom.
3. In response to learning that Philip supported the Persians, what did the Greeks do?
(a) Sent men to rob Philip's palace.
(b) Tried to poison Philip.
(c) Arrested and tortured one of Philip's men.
(d) Arrested and tortured Philip.
4. How could Macedonia be characterized prior to Philip's rule?
(a) Warlike and imperial.
(b) Peaceful and powerful.
(c) Mystical and feared.
(d) Weak and insignificant.
5. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
(a) He demanded all of the city's gold reserves.
(b) He demanded all religious iconography in the city to be destroyed.
(c) He demanded that all the men of Thebes be imprisoned.
(d) He demanded that the leaders of the revolt surrender.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mieza was known for what export?
2. Which is NOT one of the qualities Aristotle bestowed on young Alexander?
3. In 335 BC, who commanded Persian military forces?
4. What was Thebes' immediate reaction to Alexander assuming the Macedonian throne?
5. What was Philip's stance on Panhellenism?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)