|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city state did Alexander attack in 336 BC as he pushed toward the Danube River?
2. Where was Philip when Alexander first led the troops, quelling a rebellion?
(a) In Mieza.
(b) With Olympias in Egypt.
(c) By his side, overseeing the operation.
(d) Involved in the Byzantine campaign.
3. What acted as a restraint on the power wielded by the King of Macedon?
(a) He could be voted out by the Macedonian assembly.
(b) He could not engage in foreign policy decisions.
(c) His wives were chosen by the Macedonian assembly.
(d) He was not allowed to personally lead the army.
4. What was Philip's opinion of his son's ambition?
(a) Philip recognized it and tried to sire an alternate heir to Alexander.
(b) Philip did not recognize it, and Alexander seized power under his nose.
(c) Philip recognized it, but thought Alexander was no threat.
(d) Philip recognized it, and plotted with Olympias to kill Alexander.
5. In Persia's efforts to capture Sidon, whom did Philip support?
(a) The Spartans.
(b) The Assyrians.
(c) The Egyptians.
(d) The Athenians.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Darius of Persia respond to the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
2. Which BEST characterizes the environment in which Alexander as a child was brought up?
3. In 335 BC, who commanded Persian military forces?
4. In what year was the battle of Pelium fought?
5. What monument was built in response to events after the battle of Chaeronaea?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)