|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In response to learning that Philip supported the Persians, what did the Greeks do?
(a) Tried to poison Philip.
(b) Sent men to rob Philip's palace.
(c) Arrested and tortured one of Philip's men.
(d) Arrested and tortured Philip.
2. How could Macedonia be characterized prior to Philip's rule?
(a) Weak and insignificant.
(b) Peaceful and powerful.
(c) Mystical and feared.
(d) Warlike and imperial.
3. Which of the following statements is true of Alexander as a boy?
(a) Alexander never held grudges, and was always quick to forgive.
(b) Alexander was shy and unassuming, and cared little for glory.
(c) Alexander loathed his mother and much preferred his father.
(d) Alexander was jealous of his father's military conquests.
4. Who financed the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
5. What was the outcome of the Battle of Chaeronaea?
(a) Philip was soundly defeated.
(b) Philip did not win, but importantly he managed to destroy the Athenian navy.
(c) Philip won a decisive victory.
(d) Philip fought to an unsatisfying standstill.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what event was Philip assassinated?
2. What was NOT one of the actions Alexander took after his father was murdered?
3. Where was Philip when Alexander first led the troops, quelling a rebellion?
4. What acted as a restraint on the power wielded by the King of Macedon?
5. What was the ultimate result of the uprising of Thebes in 335 BC?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)