|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age was Alexander appointed Regent of Macedonia?
2. In what year was the battle of Pelium fought?
(a) 335 BC.
(b) 320 BC.
(c) 128 AD.
(d) 480 BC.
3. What military strategy did Philip innovate in his battle with the Illyrians?
(a) Ranged combat with archers.
(b) A slanted infantry line.
(c) He used elephants in war for the first time.
(d) Shields for the front line.
4. Where was Alexander the Great born?
5. Why was Philip interested in the region of Mt. Pangaeus?
(a) He wished to mine for gold and silver.
(b) He believed the legendary Fountain of Youth was located there.
(c) He wished to establish a military fort there.
(d) He wished to conquer the citizens there because of their disrespect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What monument was built in response to events after the battle of Chaeronaea?
2. What regions was Macedonia divided into prior to Alexander's birth?
3. What kind of military leader was King Philip?
4. Who assassinated Philip?
5. For his 336 BC to 335 BC military campaign, what kind of training did Alexander have his troops undergo?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)