|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements is true of Alexander as a boy?
(a) Alexander never held grudges, and was always quick to forgive.
(b) Alexander loathed his mother and much preferred his father.
(c) Alexander was shy and unassuming, and cared little for glory.
(d) Alexander was jealous of his father's military conquests.
2. Mieza was known for what export?
3. What was NOT one of the actions Alexander took after his father was murdered?
(a) He had several of his political enemies murdered.
(b) He personally murdered Cleopatra's baby and possible heir to the throne, Cananis.
(c) He maintained the overall principles of his father's administration.
(d) He gave key positions to friends returned from exile.
4. Which BEST characterizes the environment in which Alexander as a child was brought up?
(a) A quiet life involving religious contemplation.
(b) A peasant life of hard work in the fields.
(c) A male-dominated world of feasts and professional soldiers.
(d) A female-dominated world of waiting women and artists.
5. What was Philip's stance on Panhellenism?
(a) He hated the notion, and worked against it at every turn.
(b) He was raised to respect and embrace the movement.
(c) He tolerated it only if he could use it to his advantage.
(d) He was indifferent, since the movement did not affect him.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age was Alexander appointed Regent of Macedonia?
2. What regions was Macedonia divided into prior to Alexander's birth?
3. In which year did the Persians capture Sidon from the Greeks?
4. What strategy did Philip use in 939 to defeat his enemy?
5. Which BEST characterizes Olympias' relationship with Alexander?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)