|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city state did Alexander attack in 336 BC as he pushed toward the Danube River?
2. How many years did Alexander study with Aristotle?
3. How did Darius of Persia respond to the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
(a) He did not support it, and tried to conquer the city himself.
(b) He supported it, because he was a staunch ally of Thebes.
(c) He did not support it, preferring to let the Greeks handle their own affairs.
(d) He supported it, knowing that it would stall Alexander from invading Persia.
4. For his 336 BC to 335 BC military campaign, what kind of training did Alexander have his troops undergo?
(a) Desert warfare.
(b) Amphibious warfare.
(c) Mountain warfare.
(d) Naval warfare.
5. In 335 BC, who commanded Persian military forces?
(b) Memnon of Rhodes.
(d) Xerxes I.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which year did the Persians capture Sidon from the Greeks?
2. Who was the mother of Alexander?
3. Who assassinated Philip?
4. Which BEST characterizes Olympias' relationship with Alexander?
5. In what year was the battle of Pelium fought?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)