|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of military leader was King Philip?
(a) He did not keep much of an army during his reign.
(b) He was a procrastinator who did not insist on high standards.
(c) He relied heavily on improvisation and instinct.
(d) He was a strict disciplinarian.
2. Who was the mother of Alexander?
3. How did Darius of Persia respond to the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
(a) He supported it, knowing that it would stall Alexander from invading Persia.
(b) He did not support it, preferring to let the Greeks handle their own affairs.
(c) He supported it, because he was a staunch ally of Thebes.
(d) He did not support it, and tried to conquer the city himself.
4. In what year was the battle of Pelium fought?
(a) 335 BC.
(b) 480 BC.
(c) 320 BC.
(d) 128 AD.
5. What was NOT one of the actions Alexander took after his father was murdered?
(a) He gave key positions to friends returned from exile.
(b) He maintained the overall principles of his father's administration.
(c) He personally murdered Cleopatra's baby and possible heir to the throne, Cananis.
(d) He had several of his political enemies murdered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What military strategy did Philip innovate in his battle with the Illyrians?
2. When King Philip met the Illyrians in battle, how many Illyrians did he kill, approximately?
3. Where did Alexander begin his studies with Aristotle?
4. Who led the troops in an August 338 battle?
5. In the summer of 939, with what threat did Philip have to contend?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)