|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Alexander begin his studies with Aristotle?
2. Which BEST characterizes Olympias' relationship with Alexander?
(a) She feared him and felt terrorized by him.
(b) She never knew Alexander.
(c) She envied and hated Alexander.
(d) The two were very close.
3. What regions was Macedonia divided into prior to Alexander's birth?
(a) Jungle Macedonia and Desert Macedonia.
(b) Upper Macedonia and Lower Macedonia.
(c) Eastern Macedonia and Western Macedonia.
(d) North, East, South, and West Macedonia.
4. For his 336 BC to 335 BC military campaign, what kind of training did Alexander have his troops undergo?
(a) Mountain warfare.
(b) Amphibious warfare.
(c) Naval warfare.
(d) Desert warfare.
5. Which is NOT one of the qualities Aristotle bestowed on young Alexander?
(a) Hedonistic view on life.
(c) Scientific curiosity.
(d) Analytical mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mieza was known for what export?
2. What kind of military leader was King Philip?
3. At what event was Philip assassinated?
4. When King Philip met the Illyrians in battle, how many Illyrians did he kill, approximately?
5. Why was Philip interested in the region of Mt. Pangaeus?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)