|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Thebes' immediate reaction to Alexander assuming the Macedonian throne?
(a) They expelled Alexander's troops from the city.
(b) They openly accepted Alexander as their king.
(c) They tried to bribe members of the Macedonian assembly to depose Alexander.
(d) They kidnapped Alexander's mother Olympias.
2. Mieza was known for what export?
3. When King Philip met the Illyrians in battle, how many Illyrians did he kill, approximately?
(a) Only a handful.
(b) Nineteen thousand.
(c) Seven thousand.
(d) One Hundred.
4. What was Philip's opinion of his son's ambition?
(a) Philip recognized it and tried to sire an alternate heir to Alexander.
(b) Philip recognized it, but thought Alexander was no threat.
(c) Philip did not recognize it, and Alexander seized power under his nose.
(d) Philip recognized it, and plotted with Olympias to kill Alexander.
5. What was the Macedonian infantry known as?
(a) The Warrior Eagles.
(b) Ground Quake.
(c) The Foot Companions.
(d) The Fighting Macedons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Philip interested in the region of Mt. Pangaeus?
2. Where was Alexander the Great born?
3. How could Macedonia be characterized prior to Philip's rule?
4. What was NOT one of the actions Alexander took after his father was murdered?
5. What was the main weapon of the Macedonian infantry under King Philip?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)