|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What acted as a restraint on the power wielded by the King of Macedon?
(a) His wives were chosen by the Macedonian assembly.
(b) He could not engage in foreign policy decisions.
(c) He was not allowed to personally lead the army.
(d) He could be voted out by the Macedonian assembly.
2. What was the outcome of the Battle of Chaeronaea?
(a) Philip won a decisive victory.
(b) Philip did not win, but importantly he managed to destroy the Athenian navy.
(c) Philip fought to an unsatisfying standstill.
(d) Philip was soundly defeated.
3. In what year was Alexander the Great born?
(a) 120 AD.
(b) 3 AD.
(c) 808 BC.
(d) 356 BC.
4. In response to learning that Philip supported the Persians, what did the Greeks do?
(a) Sent men to rob Philip's palace.
(b) Arrested and tortured Philip.
(c) Tried to poison Philip.
(d) Arrested and tortured one of Philip's men.
5. Who assassinated Philip?
(d) A jealous former male lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which year did the Persians capture Sidon from the Greeks?
2. At what age was Alexander appointed Regent of Macedonia?
3. What military strategy did Philip innovate in his battle with the Illyrians?
4. In the summer of 939, with what threat did Philip have to contend?
5. What strategy did Philip use in 939 to defeat his enemy?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)