|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which BEST characterizes Olympias' relationship with Alexander?
(a) She feared him and felt terrorized by him.
(b) The two were very close.
(c) She envied and hated Alexander.
(d) She never knew Alexander.
2. What kind of military leader was King Philip?
(a) He was a strict disciplinarian.
(b) He did not keep much of an army during his reign.
(c) He was a procrastinator who did not insist on high standards.
(d) He relied heavily on improvisation and instinct.
3. Which is NOT one of the qualities Aristotle bestowed on young Alexander?
(b) Scientific curiosity.
(c) Analytical mind.
(d) Hedonistic view on life.
4. What acted as a restraint on the power wielded by the King of Macedon?
(a) He could be voted out by the Macedonian assembly.
(b) His wives were chosen by the Macedonian assembly.
(c) He was not allowed to personally lead the army.
(d) He could not engage in foreign policy decisions.
5. Mieza was known for what export?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the technical military term for a slanted infantry line, such as the one used at the battle of Chaeronaea?
2. How many years did Alexander study with Aristotle?
3. What regions was Macedonia divided into prior to Alexander's birth?
4. Who assassinated Philip?
5. What was Philip's opinion of his son's ambition?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)