|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important battle took place in August 338?
(a) The battle of Thebes.
(b) The battle of Chaeronaea.
(c) The battle of Jhelum River.
(d) The battle of Peloponnesia.
2. Mieza was known for what export?
3. In response to learning that Philip supported the Persians, what did the Greeks do?
(a) Sent men to rob Philip's palace.
(b) Tried to poison Philip.
(c) Arrested and tortured Philip.
(d) Arrested and tortured one of Philip's men.
4. At what age was Alexander appointed Regent of Macedonia?
5. What military strategy did Philip innovate in his battle with the Illyrians?
(a) He used elephants in war for the first time.
(b) Shields for the front line.
(c) A slanted infantry line.
(d) Ranged combat with archers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which BEST characterizes Olympias' relationship with Alexander?
2. What acted as a restraint on the power wielded by the King of Macedon?
3. What monument was built in response to events after the battle of Chaeronaea?
4. Who led the troops in an August 338 battle?
5. What was the name of Philip's fifth wife?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)