|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age was Alexander appointed Regent of Macedonia?
2. Where did Alexander begin his studies with Aristotle?
3. In response to learning that Philip supported the Persians, what did the Greeks do?
(a) Tried to poison Philip.
(b) Sent men to rob Philip's palace.
(c) Arrested and tortured one of Philip's men.
(d) Arrested and tortured Philip.
4. What was Philip's stance on Panhellenism?
(a) He hated the notion, and worked against it at every turn.
(b) He was raised to respect and embrace the movement.
(c) He was indifferent, since the movement did not affect him.
(d) He tolerated it only if he could use it to his advantage.
5. Which BEST characterizes Olympias' relationship with Alexander?
(a) She feared him and felt terrorized by him.
(b) She never knew Alexander.
(c) The two were very close.
(d) She envied and hated Alexander.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Alexander the Great born?
2. What was the Macedonian infantry known as?
3. What was the name of Philip's fifth wife?
4. Where was Philip when Alexander first led the troops, quelling a rebellion?
5. How many years did Alexander study with Aristotle?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)