|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the mother of Alexander?
2. Why was Philip interested in the region of Mt. Pangaeus?
(a) He wished to mine for gold and silver.
(b) He wished to establish a military fort there.
(c) He believed the legendary Fountain of Youth was located there.
(d) He wished to conquer the citizens there because of their disrespect.
3. What strategy did Philip use in 939 to defeat his enemy?
(a) He used ballista for the first time in a battle.
(b) He forced a land war, as opposed to a war on the sea.
(c) He forced a sea war, as opposed to a war on land.
(d) He married a rival queen to forge peace.
4. Mieza was known for what export?
5. What was the outcome of the Battle of Chaeronaea?
(a) Philip was soundly defeated.
(b) Philip fought to an unsatisfying standstill.
(c) Philip won a decisive victory.
(d) Philip did not win, but importantly he managed to destroy the Athenian navy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the technical military term for a slanted infantry line, such as the one used at the battle of Chaeronaea?
2. What was Philip's stance on Panhellenism?
3. At what age was Alexander appointed Regent of Macedonia?
4. What regions was Macedonia divided into prior to Alexander's birth?
5. What was Philip's opinion of his son's ambition?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)