|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Persia's efforts to capture Sidon, whom did Philip support?
(a) The Athenians.
(b) The Egyptians.
(c) The Spartans.
(d) The Assyrians.
2. How many years did Alexander study with Aristotle?
3. Where was Philip when Alexander first led the troops, quelling a rebellion?
(a) By his side, overseeing the operation.
(b) In Mieza.
(c) Involved in the Byzantine campaign.
(d) With Olympias in Egypt.
4. At what age was Alexander appointed Regent of Macedonia?
5. Where was Alexander the Great born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What military strategy did Philip innovate in his battle with the Illyrians?
2. What kind of military leader was King Philip?
3. What important battle took place in August 338?
4. What acted as a restraint on the power wielded by the King of Macedon?
5. What was Philip's stance on Panhellenism?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)