|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the summer of 939, with what threat did Philip have to contend?
(a) The possibility that Olympias would have him murdered.
(b) The possibility of city states joining forces to invade Macedonia.
(c) A great famine which swept Macedonia.
(d) An insurrection on the part of the Macedonian assembly.
2. What regions was Macedonia divided into prior to Alexander's birth?
(a) Jungle Macedonia and Desert Macedonia.
(b) Eastern Macedonia and Western Macedonia.
(c) Upper Macedonia and Lower Macedonia.
(d) North, East, South, and West Macedonia.
3. Which BEST characterizes Olympias' relationship with Alexander?
(a) The two were very close.
(b) She envied and hated Alexander.
(c) She never knew Alexander.
(d) She feared him and felt terrorized by him.
4. Mieza was known for what export?
5. Who assassinated Philip?
(c) A jealous former male lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strategy did Philip use in 939 to defeat his enemy?
2. What acted as a restraint on the power wielded by the King of Macedon?
3. In response to learning that Philip supported the Persians, what did the Greeks do?
4. How could Macedonia be characterized prior to Philip's rule?
5. What was the outcome of the Battle of Chaeronaea?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)