|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Philip's fifth wife?
2. Which BEST characterizes the environment in which Alexander as a child was brought up?
(a) A peasant life of hard work in the fields.
(b) A female-dominated world of waiting women and artists.
(c) A quiet life involving religious contemplation.
(d) A male-dominated world of feasts and professional soldiers.
3. How could Macedonia be characterized prior to Philip's rule?
(a) Weak and insignificant.
(b) Mystical and feared.
(c) Warlike and imperial.
(d) Peaceful and powerful.
4. Where was Alexander the Great born?
5. What monument was built in response to events after the battle of Chaeronaea?
(a) The Alabaster Tower.
(b) The Hanging Gardens.
(c) The Philippians.
(d) The Great Library.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the summer of 939, with what threat did Philip have to contend?
2. Who led the troops in an August 338 battle?
3. What is the technical military term for a slanted infantry line, such as the one used at the battle of Chaeronaea?
4. Which of the following statements is true of Alexander as a boy?
5. What acted as a restraint on the power wielded by the King of Macedon?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)