|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Persia's efforts to capture Sidon, whom did Philip support?
(a) The Athenians.
(b) The Spartans.
(c) The Assyrians.
(d) The Egyptians.
2. Who was the mother of Alexander?
3. What is the technical military term for a slanted infantry line, such as the one used at the battle of Chaeronaea?
4. What was the outcome of the Battle of Chaeronaea?
(a) Philip won a decisive victory.
(b) Philip did not win, but importantly he managed to destroy the Athenian navy.
(c) Philip was soundly defeated.
(d) Philip fought to an unsatisfying standstill.
5. Which is NOT one of the qualities Aristotle bestowed on young Alexander?
(a) Analytical mind.
(b) Hedonistic view on life.
(c) Scientific curiosity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Macedonian infantry known as?
2. In the summer of 939, with what threat did Philip have to contend?
3. Mieza was known for what export?
4. What important battle took place in August 338?
5. What was the name of Philip's fifth wife?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)