|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How could Macedonia be characterized prior to Philip's rule?
(a) Warlike and imperial.
(b) Weak and insignificant.
(c) Mystical and feared.
(d) Peaceful and powerful.
2. Where did Alexander begin his studies with Aristotle?
3. What was the main weapon of the Macedonian infantry under King Philip?
(a) Double-bladed axe.
(c) Short sword.
4. What important battle took place in August 338?
(a) The battle of Thebes.
(b) The battle of Peloponnesia.
(c) The battle of Chaeronaea.
(d) The battle of Jhelum River.
5. Who led the troops in an August 338 battle?
(b) Philip only.
(c) Alexander only.
(d) Philip and Alexander.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Philip's opinion of his son's ambition?
2. What monument was built in response to events after the battle of Chaeronaea?
3. In the summer of 939, with what threat did Philip have to contend?
4. What was the Macedonian infantry known as?
5. What was Philip's stance on Panhellenism?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)