|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the main weapon of the Macedonian infantry under King Philip?
(b) Double-bladed axe.
(c) Short sword.
2. In which year did the Persians capture Sidon from the Greeks?
(a) 345 BC.
(b) 114 AD.
(c) 202 BC.
(d) 785 BC.
3. What is the technical military term for a slanted infantry line, such as the one used at the battle of Chaeronaea?
4. What monument was built in response to events after the battle of Chaeronaea?
(a) The Alabaster Tower.
(b) The Hanging Gardens.
(c) The Great Library.
(d) The Philippians.
5. What was the name of Philip's fifth wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What military strategy did Philip innovate in his battle with the Illyrians?
2. In Persia's efforts to capture Sidon, whom did Philip support?
3. Which BEST characterizes the environment in which Alexander as a child was brought up?
4. Which is NOT one of the qualities Aristotle bestowed on young Alexander?
5. Which BEST characterizes Olympias' relationship with Alexander?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)