|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When King Philip met the Illyrians in battle, how many Illyrians did he kill, approximately?
(a) Seven thousand.
(b) One Hundred.
(c) Nineteen thousand.
(d) Only a handful.
2. At what event was Philip assassinated?
(a) A battle.
(b) A speech to the Macedonian assembly.
(c) A peace negotiation.
(d) A wedding.
3. What regions was Macedonia divided into prior to Alexander's birth?
(a) Eastern Macedonia and Western Macedonia.
(b) Jungle Macedonia and Desert Macedonia.
(c) North, East, South, and West Macedonia.
(d) Upper Macedonia and Lower Macedonia.
4. What is the technical military term for a slanted infantry line, such as the one used at the battle of Chaeronaea?
5. Which BEST characterizes the environment in which Alexander as a child was brought up?
(a) A female-dominated world of waiting women and artists.
(b) A male-dominated world of feasts and professional soldiers.
(c) A peasant life of hard work in the fields.
(d) A quiet life involving religious contemplation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the main weapon of the Macedonian infantry under King Philip?
2. What acted as a restraint on the power wielded by the King of Macedon?
3. Who was the mother of Alexander?
4. At what age was Alexander appointed Regent of Macedonia?
5. What was Philip's stance on Panhellenism?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)