|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which BEST characterizes the environment in which Alexander as a child was brought up?
(a) A peasant life of hard work in the fields.
(b) A quiet life involving religious contemplation.
(c) A male-dominated world of feasts and professional soldiers.
(d) A female-dominated world of waiting women and artists.
2. What was Philip's stance on Panhellenism?
(a) He was raised to respect and embrace the movement.
(b) He tolerated it only if he could use it to his advantage.
(c) He hated the notion, and worked against it at every turn.
(d) He was indifferent, since the movement did not affect him.
3. Who was the mother of Alexander?
4. In Persia's efforts to capture Sidon, whom did Philip support?
(a) The Assyrians.
(b) The Spartans.
(c) The Egyptians.
(d) The Athenians.
5. What is the technical military term for a slanted infantry line, such as the one used at the battle of Chaeronaea?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Macedonian infantry known as?
2. What was the outcome of the Battle of Chaeronaea?
3. Where was Alexander the Great born?
4. At what event was Philip assassinated?
5. What monument was built in response to events after the battle of Chaeronaea?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)