|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important battle took place in August 338?
(a) The battle of Thebes.
(b) The battle of Chaeronaea.
(c) The battle of Jhelum River.
(d) The battle of Peloponnesia.
2. Why was Philip interested in the region of Mt. Pangaeus?
(a) He wished to establish a military fort there.
(b) He believed the legendary Fountain of Youth was located there.
(c) He wished to mine for gold and silver.
(d) He wished to conquer the citizens there because of their disrespect.
3. Which BEST characterizes Olympias' relationship with Alexander?
(a) She envied and hated Alexander.
(b) The two were very close.
(c) She feared him and felt terrorized by him.
(d) She never knew Alexander.
4. In response to learning that Philip supported the Persians, what did the Greeks do?
(a) Arrested and tortured Philip.
(b) Sent men to rob Philip's palace.
(c) Arrested and tortured one of Philip's men.
(d) Tried to poison Philip.
5. Which of the following statements is true of Alexander as a boy?
(a) Alexander was jealous of his father's military conquests.
(b) Alexander never held grudges, and was always quick to forgive.
(c) Alexander was shy and unassuming, and cared little for glory.
(d) Alexander loathed his mother and much preferred his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age was Alexander appointed Regent of Macedonia?
2. Which BEST characterizes the environment in which Alexander as a child was brought up?
3. What strategy did Philip use in 939 to defeat his enemy?
4. What was the name of Philip's fifth wife?
5. Who was the mother of Alexander?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)