|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Alexander begin his studies with Aristotle?
2. Which is NOT one of the qualities Aristotle bestowed on young Alexander?
(a) Analytical mind.
(b) Hedonistic view on life.
(c) Scientific curiosity.
3. What acted as a restraint on the power wielded by the King of Macedon?
(a) He could not engage in foreign policy decisions.
(b) He could be voted out by the Macedonian assembly.
(c) His wives were chosen by the Macedonian assembly.
(d) He was not allowed to personally lead the army.
4. In the summer of 939, with what threat did Philip have to contend?
(a) The possibility that Olympias would have him murdered.
(b) The possibility of city states joining forces to invade Macedonia.
(c) A great famine which swept Macedonia.
(d) An insurrection on the part of the Macedonian assembly.
5. How could Macedonia be characterized prior to Philip's rule?
(a) Warlike and imperial.
(b) Mystical and feared.
(c) Weak and insignificant.
(d) Peaceful and powerful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What monument was built in response to events after the battle of Chaeronaea?
2. In Persia's efforts to capture Sidon, whom did Philip support?
3. When King Philip met the Illyrians in battle, how many Illyrians did he kill, approximately?
4. Where was Alexander the Great born?
5. Where was Philip when Alexander first led the troops, quelling a rebellion?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)