|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In response to learning that Philip supported the Persians, what did the Greeks do?
(a) Sent men to rob Philip's palace.
(b) Arrested and tortured Philip.
(c) Arrested and tortured one of Philip's men.
(d) Tried to poison Philip.
2. What strategy did Philip use in 939 to defeat his enemy?
(a) He used ballista for the first time in a battle.
(b) He married a rival queen to forge peace.
(c) He forced a land war, as opposed to a war on the sea.
(d) He forced a sea war, as opposed to a war on land.
3. Who led the troops in an August 338 battle?
(a) Alexander only.
(b) Philip only.
(c) Philip and Alexander.
4. What was the Macedonian infantry known as?
(a) The Warrior Eagles.
(b) The Foot Companions.
(c) Ground Quake.
(d) The Fighting Macedons.
5. What monument was built in response to events after the battle of Chaeronaea?
(a) The Hanging Gardens.
(b) The Philippians.
(c) The Great Library.
(d) The Alabaster Tower.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years did Alexander study with Aristotle?
2. Where did Alexander begin his studies with Aristotle?
3. What is the technical military term for a slanted infantry line, such as the one used at the battle of Chaeronaea?
4. In what year was Alexander the Great born?
5. Which is NOT one of the qualities Aristotle bestowed on young Alexander?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)