|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the outcome of the Battle of Chaeronaea?
(a) Philip was soundly defeated.
(b) Philip did not win, but importantly he managed to destroy the Athenian navy.
(c) Philip fought to an unsatisfying standstill.
(d) Philip won a decisive victory.
2. In which year did the Persians capture Sidon from the Greeks?
(a) 114 AD.
(b) 202 BC.
(c) 345 BC.
(d) 785 BC.
3. What monument was built in response to events after the battle of Chaeronaea?
(a) The Hanging Gardens.
(b) The Philippians.
(c) The Alabaster Tower.
(d) The Great Library.
4. Who was the mother of Alexander?
5. What acted as a restraint on the power wielded by the King of Macedon?
(a) He could be voted out by the Macedonian assembly.
(b) His wives were chosen by the Macedonian assembly.
(c) He could not engage in foreign policy decisions.
(d) He was not allowed to personally lead the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. When King Philip met the Illyrians in battle, how many Illyrians did he kill, approximately?
2. Where was Philip when Alexander first led the troops, quelling a rebellion?
3. What was the name of Philip's fifth wife?
4. In what year was Alexander the Great born?
5. In response to learning that Philip supported the Persians, what did the Greeks do?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)