|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strategy did Philip use in 939 to defeat his enemy?
(a) He used ballista for the first time in a battle.
(b) He forced a land war, as opposed to a war on the sea.
(c) He married a rival queen to forge peace.
(d) He forced a sea war, as opposed to a war on land.
2. What was the outcome of the Battle of Chaeronaea?
(a) Philip was soundly defeated.
(b) Philip did not win, but importantly he managed to destroy the Athenian navy.
(c) Philip fought to an unsatisfying standstill.
(d) Philip won a decisive victory.
3. What kind of military leader was King Philip?
(a) He did not keep much of an army during his reign.
(b) He was a strict disciplinarian.
(c) He was a procrastinator who did not insist on high standards.
(d) He relied heavily on improvisation and instinct.
4. In response to learning that Philip supported the Persians, what did the Greeks do?
(a) Arrested and tortured Philip.
(b) Arrested and tortured one of Philip's men.
(c) Tried to poison Philip.
(d) Sent men to rob Philip's palace.
5. Where did Alexander begin his studies with Aristotle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What monument was built in response to events after the battle of Chaeronaea?
2. Where was Philip when Alexander first led the troops, quelling a rebellion?
3. Who was the mother of Alexander?
4. At what age was Alexander appointed Regent of Macedonia?
5. Mieza was known for what export?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)