|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What acted as a restraint on the power wielded by the King of Macedon?
(a) He could not engage in foreign policy decisions.
(b) He was not allowed to personally lead the army.
(c) He could be voted out by the Macedonian assembly.
(d) His wives were chosen by the Macedonian assembly.
2. Where did Alexander begin his studies with Aristotle?
3. At what event was Philip assassinated?
(a) A battle.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A speech to the Macedonian assembly.
(d) A peace negotiation.
4. What was Philip's stance on Panhellenism?
(a) He hated the notion, and worked against it at every turn.
(b) He tolerated it only if he could use it to his advantage.
(c) He was raised to respect and embrace the movement.
(d) He was indifferent, since the movement did not affect him.
5. Why was Philip interested in the region of Mt. Pangaeus?
(a) He wished to mine for gold and silver.
(b) He believed the legendary Fountain of Youth was located there.
(c) He wished to conquer the citizens there because of their disrespect.
(d) He wished to establish a military fort there.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Alexander the Great born?
2. Who was the mother of Alexander?
3. At what age was Alexander appointed Regent of Macedonia?
4. In which year did the Persians capture Sidon from the Greeks?
5. What important battle took place in August 338?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)