|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What monument was built in response to events after the battle of Chaeronaea?
(a) The Alabaster Tower.
(b) The Philippians.
(c) The Great Library.
(d) The Hanging Gardens.
2. What was the main weapon of the Macedonian infantry under King Philip?
(a) Double-bladed axe.
(c) Short sword.
3. Where was Alexander the Great born?
4. What was the outcome of the Battle of Chaeronaea?
(a) Philip did not win, but importantly he managed to destroy the Athenian navy.
(b) Philip won a decisive victory.
(c) Philip was soundly defeated.
(d) Philip fought to an unsatisfying standstill.
5. Which of the following statements is true of Alexander as a boy?
(a) Alexander never held grudges, and was always quick to forgive.
(b) Alexander was shy and unassuming, and cared little for glory.
(c) Alexander loathed his mother and much preferred his father.
(d) Alexander was jealous of his father's military conquests.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the summer of 939, with what threat did Philip have to contend?
2. When King Philip met the Illyrians in battle, how many Illyrians did he kill, approximately?
3. What is the technical military term for a slanted infantry line, such as the one used at the battle of Chaeronaea?
4. What strategy did Philip use in 939 to defeat his enemy?
5. How many years did Alexander study with Aristotle?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)