|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the outcome of the Battle of Chaeronaea?
(a) Philip was soundly defeated.
(b) Philip fought to an unsatisfying standstill.
(c) Philip did not win, but importantly he managed to destroy the Athenian navy.
(d) Philip won a decisive victory.
2. In Persia's efforts to capture Sidon, whom did Philip support?
(a) The Egyptians.
(b) The Spartans.
(c) The Athenians.
(d) The Assyrians.
3. How many years did Alexander study with Aristotle?
4. When King Philip met the Illyrians in battle, how many Illyrians did he kill, approximately?
(a) Only a handful.
(b) Seven thousand.
(c) Nineteen thousand.
(d) One Hundred.
5. In response to learning that Philip supported the Persians, what did the Greeks do?
(a) Tried to poison Philip.
(b) Arrested and tortured Philip.
(c) Arrested and tortured one of Philip's men.
(d) Sent men to rob Philip's palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Macedonian infantry known as?
2. Where did Alexander begin his studies with Aristotle?
3. What monument was built in response to events after the battle of Chaeronaea?
4. At what age was Alexander appointed Regent of Macedonia?
5. At what event was Philip assassinated?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)