|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Macedonian infantry known as?
(a) The Foot Companions.
(b) Ground Quake.
(c) The Fighting Macedons.
(d) The Warrior Eagles.
2. What is the technical military term for a slanted infantry line, such as the one used at the battle of Chaeronaea?
3. What was Philip's opinion of his son's ambition?
(a) Philip recognized it and tried to sire an alternate heir to Alexander.
(b) Philip recognized it, and plotted with Olympias to kill Alexander.
(c) Philip did not recognize it, and Alexander seized power under his nose.
(d) Philip recognized it, but thought Alexander was no threat.
4. What was the outcome of the Battle of Chaeronaea?
(a) Philip won a decisive victory.
(b) Philip fought to an unsatisfying standstill.
(c) Philip was soundly defeated.
(d) Philip did not win, but importantly he managed to destroy the Athenian navy.
5. At what age was Alexander appointed Regent of Macedonia?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mieza was known for what export?
2. How many years did Alexander study with Aristotle?
3. Which BEST characterizes the environment in which Alexander as a child was brought up?
4. What kind of military leader was King Philip?
5. What was the name of Philip's fifth wife?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)