|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is NOT one of the qualities Aristotle bestowed on young Alexander?
(a) Hedonistic view on life.
(b) Analytical mind.
(c) Scientific curiosity.
2. Which of the following statements is true of Alexander as a boy?
(a) Alexander was jealous of his father's military conquests.
(b) Alexander was shy and unassuming, and cared little for glory.
(c) Alexander never held grudges, and was always quick to forgive.
(d) Alexander loathed his mother and much preferred his father.
3. When King Philip met the Illyrians in battle, how many Illyrians did he kill, approximately?
(a) Nineteen thousand.
(b) Seven thousand.
(c) Only a handful.
(d) One Hundred.
4. What was the name of Philip's fifth wife?
5. At what age was Alexander appointed Regent of Macedonia?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Macedonian infantry known as?
2. What regions was Macedonia divided into prior to Alexander's birth?
3. What was Philip's opinion of his son's ambition?
4. Who assassinated Philip?
5. In Persia's efforts to capture Sidon, whom did Philip support?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)