|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements is true of Alexander as a boy?
(a) Alexander was jealous of his father's military conquests.
(b) Alexander loathed his mother and much preferred his father.
(c) Alexander never held grudges, and was always quick to forgive.
(d) Alexander was shy and unassuming, and cared little for glory.
2. How could Macedonia be characterized prior to Philip's rule?
(a) Peaceful and powerful.
(b) Mystical and feared.
(c) Warlike and imperial.
(d) Weak and insignificant.
3. Where was Alexander the Great born?
4. In the summer of 939, with what threat did Philip have to contend?
(a) The possibility of city states joining forces to invade Macedonia.
(b) An insurrection on the part of the Macedonian assembly.
(c) A great famine which swept Macedonia.
(d) The possibility that Olympias would have him murdered.
5. Mieza was known for what export?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Macedonian infantry known as?
2. What is the technical military term for a slanted infantry line, such as the one used at the battle of Chaeronaea?
3. What was Philip's opinion of his son's ambition?
4. What was the outcome of the Battle of Chaeronaea?
5. Which BEST characterizes Olympias' relationship with Alexander?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)