|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Philip's opinion of his son's ambition?
(a) Philip recognized it, but thought Alexander was no threat.
(b) Philip recognized it, and plotted with Olympias to kill Alexander.
(c) Philip recognized it and tried to sire an alternate heir to Alexander.
(d) Philip did not recognize it, and Alexander seized power under his nose.
2. When King Philip met the Illyrians in battle, how many Illyrians did he kill, approximately?
(a) Seven thousand.
(b) One Hundred.
(c) Only a handful.
(d) Nineteen thousand.
3. What military strategy did Philip innovate in his battle with the Illyrians?
(a) Ranged combat with archers.
(b) Shields for the front line.
(c) He used elephants in war for the first time.
(d) A slanted infantry line.
4. Where was Alexander the Great born?
5. Where was Philip when Alexander first led the troops, quelling a rebellion?
(a) In Mieza.
(b) Involved in the Byzantine campaign.
(c) By his side, overseeing the operation.
(d) With Olympias in Egypt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Alexander begin his studies with Aristotle?
2. What acted as a restraint on the power wielded by the King of Macedon?
3. Which BEST characterizes Olympias' relationship with Alexander?
4. In response to learning that Philip supported the Persians, what did the Greeks do?
5. Who was the mother of Alexander?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)