|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Alexander the Great born?
2. Which of the following statements is true of Alexander as a boy?
(a) Alexander loathed his mother and much preferred his father.
(b) Alexander was jealous of his father's military conquests.
(c) Alexander was shy and unassuming, and cared little for glory.
(d) Alexander never held grudges, and was always quick to forgive.
3. Who was the mother of Alexander?
4. What strategy did Philip use in 939 to defeat his enemy?
(a) He used ballista for the first time in a battle.
(b) He forced a land war, as opposed to a war on the sea.
(c) He forced a sea war, as opposed to a war on land.
(d) He married a rival queen to forge peace.
5. What acted as a restraint on the power wielded by the King of Macedon?
(a) His wives were chosen by the Macedonian assembly.
(b) He could not engage in foreign policy decisions.
(c) He was not allowed to personally lead the army.
(d) He could be voted out by the Macedonian assembly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mieza was known for what export?
2. In Persia's efforts to capture Sidon, whom did Philip support?
3. What monument was built in response to events after the battle of Chaeronaea?
4. What was the name of Philip's fifth wife?
5. What was Philip's opinion of his son's ambition?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)