|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 379-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Alexander begin his studies with Aristotle?
2. How could Macedonia be characterized prior to Philip's rule?
(a) Mystical and feared.
(b) Warlike and imperial.
(c) Weak and insignificant.
(d) Peaceful and powerful.
3. Who assassinated Philip?
(a) A jealous former male lover.
4. Roxanne was the daughter to which baron?
5. What was the ratio of Persians to Macedonians at Gaugamela?
(a) Five to One.
(b) One to One.
(c) One-hundred to One.
(d) One to Five.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who led a coup that resulted in Darius losing his crown?
2. What acted as a restraint on the power wielded by the King of Macedon?
3. What was NOT one of the actions Alexander took after his father was murdered?
4. How did the Persian empire prepare for a planned invasion of the Greek mainland around 334 BC?
5. In what financial state did Philip leave Macedonia when he died?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)