Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 299-349.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which year did the Persians capture Sidon from the Greeks?
(a) 345 BC.
(b) 785 BC.
(c) 202 BC.
(d) 114 AD.
2. What regions was Macedonia divided into prior to Alexander's birth?
(a) Upper Macedonia and Lower Macedonia.
(b) North, East, South, and West Macedonia.
(c) Eastern Macedonia and Western Macedonia.
(d) Jungle Macedonia and Desert Macedonia.
3. What important battle took place in August 338?
(a) The battle of Jhelum River.
(b) The battle of Thebes.
(c) The battle of Peloponnesia.
(d) The battle of Chaeronaea.
4. After Persepolis, to what city did Alexander travel?
5. What did Alexander and his army build in order to lay siege to Tyre?
(a) A monument to Zeus.
(b) The first submarine.
(c) A Trojan horse.
(d) A causeway.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alexander led his army to which country in the summer of 331 BC?
2. Who was the mother of Alexander?
3. What is the technical military term for a slanted infantry line, such as the one used at the battle of Chaeronaea?
4. What action did Alexander take before and after crossing the Dardanelles River in the Persian campaign?
5. What city state did Alexander attack in 336 BC as he pushed toward the Danube River?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)