Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Macedonian infantry known as?
(a) Ground Quake.
(b) The Foot Companions.
(c) The Warrior Eagles.
(d) The Fighting Macedons.
2. In what year was Alexander the Great born?
(a) 3 AD.
(b) 120 AD.
(c) 808 BC.
(d) 356 BC.
3. When King Philip met the Illyrians in battle, how many Illyrians did he kill, approximately?
(a) Nineteen thousand.
(b) Seven thousand.
(c) Only a handful.
(d) One Hundred.
4. At what event was Philip assassinated?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A peace negotiation.
(c) A speech to the Macedonian assembly.
(d) A battle.
5. In response to learning that Philip supported the Persians, what did the Greeks do?
(a) Tried to poison Philip.
(b) Arrested and tortured Philip.
(c) Sent men to rob Philip's palace.
(d) Arrested and tortured one of Philip's men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strategy did Philip use in 939 to defeat his enemy?
2. What regions was Macedonia divided into prior to Alexander's birth?
3. What military strategy did Philip innovate in his battle with the Illyrians?
4. In which year did the Persians capture Sidon from the Greeks?
5. Who was the mother of Alexander?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)