|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 412-437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the battle of the Chenab citadel, what rumor gained popularity?
(a) Alexander was dead.
(b) Bessus had escaped execution and now threatened Alexander's army.
(c) Zeus had visited Alexander in his tent.
(d) Alexander was broke, and had no way to pay the army.
2. Who murdered Darius?
(a) Bessus only.
(b) Nabarzanes only.
(c) Bessus and Satibarzanes.
(d) Bessus and Nabarzanes.
3. What strategy did Alexander take in regards to Ambphi?
(a) He crushed the city in a massacre.
(b) He recruited all the men of Ambphi into his army.
(c) He was nice and generous, as he needed their help.
(d) He skipped the city over, for larger conquests.
4. What initially prevented Alexander from pursuing Bessus after Alexander executed Parmenio?
(a) Alexander fell ill, and stopped to recover.
(b) Alexander had to seek out an oracle for divine advice.
(c) Alexander had to travel back to Ionia to quell a rebellion.
(d) Alexander had to subdue revolts in the southern satrapies.
5. What made Tyre difficult to capture?
(a) Its army was exceedingly well trained.
(b) It was located on an island, and had walls on the shores.
(c) It received funding for warships from Demosthenes.
(d) Its citizens were violent religious zealots.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who led the troops in an August 338 battle?
2. Who was the mother of Alexander?
3. How did Alexander respond to Darius' settlement offer after Issus?
4. What strategy did Philip use in 939 to defeat his enemy?
5. How many troops did Alexander capture and enslave in the battle of Granicus River?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)