|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 412-437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What political deal did Alexander strike with queen Ada in Allinda?
(a) He agreed to keep all of her city officials in place, in exchange for her naming him as her successor.
(b) He exiled her, rather than executing her outright.
(c) He supported her in regaining her position in exchange for her naming him as her successor.
(d) He agreed to marry her, so that he might become the leader of Allinda.
2. When King Philip met the Illyrians in battle, how many Illyrians did he kill, approximately?
(a) One Hundred.
(b) Seven thousand.
(c) Nineteen thousand.
(d) Only a handful.
3. Why did Alexander ultimately stop his push eastward into Arabia?
(a) His mutinous troops forced him to stop.
(b) He was told by prophets that further movement would end in disaster.
(c) He wished to settle down and raise a family with Roxanne.
(d) He became frightened, because legend told of an end to the world.
4. Roxanne was the daughter to which baron?
5. What occurred in the siege of Halicarnassus?
(a) Alexander took the city from the Persians, but the Persians set fire to most of the city.
(b) The Persians took the city from Alexander, but Alexander had the city burned.
(c) Alexander was triumphant, killing Memnon and ending his Persian campaign.
(d) The Persians were defeated, but they scored an important victory in destroying Alexander's naval power.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who financed the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
2. What was Thebes' immediate reaction to Alexander assuming the Macedonian throne?
3. How many troops did Alexander capture and enslave in the battle of Granicus River?
4. What is the name of the sea east of the Greek mainland?
5. What was the general troop reaction to Alexander's execution of Parmenio?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)