|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 412-437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Darius of Persia respond to the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
(a) He supported it, knowing that it would stall Alexander from invading Persia.
(b) He did not support it, preferring to let the Greeks handle their own affairs.
(c) He supported it, because he was a staunch ally of Thebes.
(d) He did not support it, and tried to conquer the city himself.
2. In the summer of 331 BC, where did Darius stage his army?
3. What was the name of Alexander's treasurer?
4. Alexander was seriously wounded in what Indian battle?
(a) Jhelum River.
(b) Hindu Kush.
(c) The citadel of Chenab.
5. In 331 BC, how did Alexander learn about Darius' plan to attack him at the Tigris River?
(a) Captured Persian scouts confessed as much.
(b) Darius' consort betrayed his plans to Alexander.
(c) He claimed to have a visit from his father, Zeus.
(d) Alexander's own scouts reported Darius' troop movements.
Short Answer Questions
1. What upset Alexander about his time in the Bactria area?
2. How did Bessus die?
3. What action did Alexander take in the Persian campaign in regards to the town of Lampsacus?
4. While sieging Tyre, Alexander traveled to which city for reinforcements and his warships?
5. How did Alexander respond to Darius' death?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)