|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 412-437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Alexander learn from a messenger on his way to Sousa?
(a) Darius had regathered his forces there.
(b) His mother had fallen gravely ill.
(c) Philoxenus had failed to capture Sousa, and was routed.
(d) Sousa had already fallen to Philoxenus.
2. What was the ratio of Persians to Macedonians at Gaugamela?
(a) One to One.
(b) One-hundred to One.
(c) One to Five.
(d) Five to One.
3. What political deal did Alexander strike with queen Ada in Allinda?
(a) He agreed to marry her, so that he might become the leader of Allinda.
(b) He agreed to keep all of her city officials in place, in exchange for her naming him as her successor.
(c) He supported her in regaining her position in exchange for her naming him as her successor.
(d) He exiled her, rather than executing her outright.
4. How did Alexander finance his campaign into the Indian subcontinent?
(a) By levying a large tax on the Greek city-states.
(b) By severely reducing the size of his army.
(c) By looting the royal treasury of Persepolis.
(d) By holding Darius for ransom.
5. What action did Alexander take in the Persian campaign in regards to the town of Lampsacus?
(a) He hired many mercenaries from the town.
(b) He sold all of the town's men into slavery.
(c) He razed the town to the ground.
(d) He took money from the town in order to leave it alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Alexander in Oxus?
2. In Persia's efforts to capture Sidon, whom did Philip support?
3. What made Tyre difficult to capture?
4. What kind of military leader was King Philip?
5. What battle is said to be Alexander's greatest strategic triumph?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)