|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 412-437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a settlement after Issus, Darius offered to cede lands west of which river?
2. Which of the following did Alexander NOT do after the battle of Granicus?
(a) He acquired Ionia.
(b) He gained control of revenue in the province.
(c) He kept existing city officials in place.
(d) He acquired Lydia.
3. What order did Alexander give when his army reached Persepolis?
(a) He was accepted peacefully, and there was no bloodshed or plundering.
(b) He went around the city, avoiding it.
(c) He allowed his army to sack the city and kill all males.
(d) He left the city to his generals, who failed to capture it.
4. In January 330 BC, Alexander traveled to which city?
5. Where did Alexander travel after Gaugamela?
Short Answer Questions
1. What strategy did Philip use in 939 to defeat his enemy?
2. After Persepolis, to what city did Alexander travel?
3. How long did Alexander spend in Egypt in total?
4. Alexander never traveled further than what modern-day territory?
5. Why didn't Alexander spend much time in Ecbatana?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)