|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 412-437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened with Alexander and his troops at Chenab?
(a) Alexander's army refused to fight.
(b) Most of his army drowned in Jhelum River.
(c) Alexander easily routed hostile tribes.
(d) A portion of the army tried to murder Alexander.
2. In what financial state did Philip leave Macedonia when he died?
(a) Macedonia was bankrupt, and citizens were fleeing the country.
(b) Philip died in debt.
(c) Macedonia was left in a very prosperous state.
(d) Macedonia was barely making money.
3. At what site did Alexander finally meet Darius himself in battle?
4. Which of the following was NOT captured by Alexander at Damascus?
(a) Relatives of Persian commanders.
(b) The Persian royal treasure.
(c) Darius' bride Stateira.
(d) Ambassadors from Thebes and Sparta.
5. What title was given to Alexander after the battle of Gaugamela?
(a) Pharaoh of Egypt.
(b) Lord of Asia.
(c) King of the World.
(d) King of the Gaugamelites.
Short Answer Questions
1. In response to learning that Philip supported the Persians, what did the Greeks do?
2. What was Philip's stance on Panhellenism?
3. In the summer of 939, with what threat did Philip have to contend?
4. Alexander never traveled further than what modern-day territory?
5. Which commander opposed Alexander at the battle of Granicus River?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)