|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 412-437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Philip's opinion of his son's ambition?
(a) Philip did not recognize it, and Alexander seized power under his nose.
(b) Philip recognized it, and plotted with Olympias to kill Alexander.
(c) Philip recognized it, but thought Alexander was no threat.
(d) Philip recognized it and tried to sire an alternate heir to Alexander.
2. What was the main weapon of the Macedonian infantry under King Philip?
(a) Double-bladed axe.
(d) Short sword.
3. After Persepolis, which general did Alexander reduce in terms of power and authority?
4. What was the first town to which Alexander came in the Persian campaign?
5. What political deal did Alexander strike with queen Ada in Allinda?
(a) He supported her in regaining her position in exchange for her naming him as her successor.
(b) He exiled her, rather than executing her outright.
(c) He agreed to marry her, so that he might become the leader of Allinda.
(d) He agreed to keep all of her city officials in place, in exchange for her naming him as her successor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many troops did Alexander capture and enslave in the battle of Granicus River?
2. How did the ethnic makeup of Alexander's army change by the time he entered India?
3. In what year was the battle of Pelium fought?
4. What happened with the satrap Alexander appointed after Darius' death?
5. Which BEST characterizes the environment in which Alexander as a child was brought up?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)