|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 412-437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years did Alexander study with Aristotle?
2. Persepolis was the burial place of whom?
(a) Macedonian kings.
(b) Athenian senators.
(c) Alexander's mother.
(d) Achaemenid kings.
3. Why did Alexander encourage his men to marry in Persia?
(a) Alexander had a belief that sexual energy in his men was bad for combat.
(b) Alexander believed this would help the men miss their families less.
(c) Alexander thought Persian women were extraordinarily beautiful.
(d) Alexander believed that Zeus himself had given the order to him.
4. Why did Alexander ultimately stop his push eastward into Arabia?
(a) His mutinous troops forced him to stop.
(b) He became frightened, because legend told of an end to the world.
(c) He was told by prophets that further movement would end in disaster.
(d) He wished to settle down and raise a family with Roxanne.
5. Which BEST characterizes Olympias' relationship with Alexander?
(a) She envied and hated Alexander.
(b) The two were very close.
(c) She feared him and felt terrorized by him.
(d) She never knew Alexander.
Short Answer Questions
1. What military strategy did Philip innovate in his battle with the Illyrians?
2. About how long did Alexander wage war overall?
3. Which of the following BEST describes the final strategy Alexander used to enter Tyre?
4. For his 336 BC to 335 BC military campaign, what kind of training did Alexander have his troops undergo?
5. What city state did Alexander attack in 336 BC as he pushed toward the Danube River?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)