|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 412-437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 331 BC, how did Alexander learn about Darius' plan to attack him at the Tigris River?
(a) Darius' consort betrayed his plans to Alexander.
(b) He claimed to have a visit from his father, Zeus.
(c) Captured Persian scouts confessed as much.
(d) Alexander's own scouts reported Darius' troop movements.
2. What political deal did Alexander strike with queen Ada in Allinda?
(a) He agreed to marry her, so that he might become the leader of Allinda.
(b) He agreed to keep all of her city officials in place, in exchange for her naming him as her successor.
(c) He supported her in regaining her position in exchange for her naming him as her successor.
(d) He exiled her, rather than executing her outright.
3. What challenge did Alexander have to overcome at Jhelum River?
(a) The fact that most of his army abandoned him.
(b) A great heat wave.
(c) His enemy's formidable war elephants.
(d) Extremely uncertain footing on the banks of the river.
4. On what island did Alexander build the city of Alexandria?
5. When King Philip met the Illyrians in battle, how many Illyrians did he kill, approximately?
(a) One Hundred.
(b) Only a handful.
(c) Nineteen thousand.
(d) Seven thousand.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years did Alexander study with Aristotle?
2. How many boys did Alexander choose to become Successors?
3. Where was Philip when Alexander first led the troops, quelling a rebellion?
4. After the battle of Granicus, Alexander established a base in what location?
5. In a settlement after Issus, Darius offered to cede lands west of which river?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)