|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 412-437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Alexander spend much time in Ecbatana?
(a) He had to attend to a revolt in Macedonia.
(b) He was driven out by its citizens.
(c) He was in hot pursuit of Darius.
(d) He was in hot pursuit of Parmenio.
2. While sieging Tyre, Alexander traveled to which city for reinforcements and his warships?
3. After Issus, Darius supplied the king of which territory with Persian ships?
4. Alexander led his army to which country in the summer of 331 BC?
5. What did Alexander learn from a messenger on his way to Sousa?
(a) Philoxenus had failed to capture Sousa, and was routed.
(b) His mother had fallen gravely ill.
(c) Darius had regathered his forces there.
(d) Sousa had already fallen to Philoxenus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the leader of Gaza when Alexander arrived at the city?
2. How many years did Alexander study with Aristotle?
3. How long did it take for Alexander to cross the Hindu Kush?
4. Why was the Persian invasion of Greece called off?
5. After Tyre, all coastal cities fell to Alexander with the exception of which city?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)