|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 412-437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role did Alexander envision his Successors would have?
(a) They would be mayors of the various cities he conquered.
(b) They would battle to become king after he died.
(c) They would be officers in his army.
(d) They would travel back to Athens to teach philosophy and science.
2. What upset Alexander about his time in the Bactria area?
(a) His infant son died.
(b) He found much treasure, but had no way to transport it.
(c) He had spent too much time quelling revolts.
(d) He could not find a suitable mate for a political marriage.
3. What strategy did Alexander take in regards to Ambphi?
(a) He skipped the city over, for larger conquests.
(b) He was nice and generous, as he needed their help.
(c) He crushed the city in a massacre.
(d) He recruited all the men of Ambphi into his army.
4. How did Alexander respond to Darius' settlement offer after Issus?
(a) He rejected the terms, but allowed Darius to retain his title of King of all Asia.
(b) He accepted the terms, ending his conquest of Persia.
(c) He signed the treaty, but later betrayed Darius by breaking the treaty.
(d) He rejected all terms, vowing to defeat Darius soundly in battle.
5. By July 325 BC, Alexander had reached what territory?
(a) Hindu Kush.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Alexander ultimately stop his push eastward into Arabia?
2. Who was the leader of Gaza when Alexander arrived at the city?
3. What political deal did Alexander strike with queen Ada in Allinda?
4. What mistake did Bessus make in regards to Alexander's crossing of the Hindu Kush?
5. In the summer of 939, with what threat did Philip have to contend?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)