|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 412-437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Persepolis, which general did Alexander reduce in terms of power and authority?
2. What promise did Alexander make to the citizens of Babylon when entering the city?
(a) He promised to kill three men for every one man who resisted.
(b) He promised to restore their god.
(c) He promised to exempt them from taxation.
(d) He promised to restore Darius to the Persian throne.
3. When did Alexander begin his war against the Persians?
(a) 117 AD.
(b) 315 BC.
(c) 334 BC.
(d) 348 BC.
4. What action by Alexander contributed to the debt of Macedonia prior to the Persian campaign?
(a) Alexander had built a host of war machines at great cost.
(b) Alexander had imported animals from all around the world for a zoo.
(c) Alexander had refused to tax the citizens.
(d) Alexander held a series of legendary and expensive feasts.
5. In what year was Alexander the Great born?
(a) 808 BC.
(b) 3 AD.
(c) 120 AD.
(d) 356 BC.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city state did Alexander attack in 336 BC as he pushed toward the Danube River?
2. What action did Alexander take before and after crossing the Dardanelles River in the Persian campaign?
3. What happened to Alexander in Oxus?
4. What was the attitude of Alexander's army after the battle of Gaugamela?
5. In 331 BC, how did Alexander learn about Darius' plan to attack him at the Tigris River?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)