|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 412-437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take for Alexander to cross the Hindu Kush?
(a) A year and a half.
(b) Four months.
(c) Seventeen days.
(d) Two days.
2. Alexander was seriously wounded in what Indian battle?
(b) The citadel of Chenab.
(c) Jhelum River.
(d) Hindu Kush.
3. Why didn't Alexander spend much time in Ecbatana?
(a) He had to attend to a revolt in Macedonia.
(b) He was driven out by its citizens.
(c) He was in hot pursuit of Darius.
(d) He was in hot pursuit of Parmenio.
4. What acted as a restraint on the power wielded by the King of Macedon?
(a) His wives were chosen by the Macedonian assembly.
(b) He was not allowed to personally lead the army.
(c) He could be voted out by the Macedonian assembly.
(d) He could not engage in foreign policy decisions.
5. To what land did Alexander plan travel to after India?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the technical military term for a slanted infantry line, such as the one used at the battle of Chaeronaea?
2. Why did Alexander ultimately stop his push eastward into Arabia?
3. In the summer of 939, with what threat did Philip have to contend?
4. Who assassinated Philip?
5. At what age was Alexander appointed Regent of Macedonia?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)