|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 412-437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Massago, what action did Alexander take with his army?
(a) He executed the majority of his soldiers.
(b) He paid them to marry Massago women.
(c) He split his army up.
(d) He dismissed any man who did not believe in the mission.
2. How did Alexander deal with the Gordian Knot?
(a) He was unable to untie the knot, in the end.
(b) He attached horses to either end and had them run in opposite directions.
(c) He cut it in half with a sword.
(d) He painstakingly unraveled it.
3. Roxanne was the daughter to which baron?
4. How long did Gaza hold out against Alexander's pressure?
(a) Three days.
(b) It immediately surrendered.
(c) One year.
(d) Two months.
5. How did Darius respond to Alexander's successful siege of Tyre?
(a) He tried to recapture the city.
(b) He relinquished the throne and fled.
(c) He proposed another peace settlement.
(d) He captured the neighboring city of Sidon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What title was given to Alexander after the battle of Gaugamela?
2. In what year was the battle of Pelium fought?
3. Who killed Amyntus and Caranus?
4. What action by Alexander contributed to the debt of Macedonia prior to the Persian campaign?
5. On what island did Alexander build the city of Alexandria?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)