|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 412-437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Alexander separated his troops after Massago, where did he send the troops he would not be leading?
(a) Through the Khyber Pass.
(b) Back to Macedonia.
(c) To Arabia.
(d) North to Russia.
2. Who was the mother of Alexander?
3. What title was given to Alexander after the battle of Gaugamela?
(a) King of the World.
(b) Lord of Asia.
(c) King of the Gaugamelites.
(d) Pharaoh of Egypt.
4. What action did Alexander take in the Persian campaign in regards to the town of Lampsacus?
(a) He took money from the town in order to leave it alone.
(b) He hired many mercenaries from the town.
(c) He razed the town to the ground.
(d) He sold all of the town's men into slavery.
5. Alexander believed which god was his true father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Alexander do to initially confuse the Indian army at the Jhelum River?
2. At the battle of the Chenab citadel, what rumor gained popularity?
3. What battle is said to be Alexander's greatest strategic triumph?
4. What was the outcome of the Battle of Chaeronaea?
5. What was the ratio of Persians to Macedonians at Gaugamela?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)