|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 412-437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alexander believed which god was his true father?
2. What order did Alexander give when his army reached Persepolis?
(a) He was accepted peacefully, and there was no bloodshed or plundering.
(b) He went around the city, avoiding it.
(c) He allowed his army to sack the city and kill all males.
(d) He left the city to his generals, who failed to capture it.
3. How many troops did Alexander capture and enslave in the battle of Granicus River?
(a) Ten thousand.
(b) Three hundred.
(c) Two thousand.
4. What important battle took place in August 338?
(a) The battle of Jhelum River.
(b) The battle of Peloponnesia.
(c) The battle of Chaeronaea.
(d) The battle of Thebes.
5. What was the ratio of Persians to Macedonians at Gaugamela?
(a) One to One.
(b) Five to One.
(c) One to Five.
(d) One-hundred to One.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistake did Bessus make in regards to Alexander's crossing of the Hindu Kush?
2. Persepolis was the burial place of whom?
3. In Persia's efforts to capture Sidon, whom did Philip support?
4. How did Darius respond to Alexander's successful siege of Tyre?
5. Why was Philip interested in the region of Mt. Pangaeus?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)