|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 412-437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action did Alexander take in the Persian campaign in regards to the town of Lampsacus?
(a) He sold all of the town's men into slavery.
(b) He hired many mercenaries from the town.
(c) He razed the town to the ground.
(d) He took money from the town in order to leave it alone.
2. Who was the mother of Alexander?
3. Who was the leader of Gaza when Alexander arrived at the city?
4. Which was NOT one of the types of troops Alexander included in his army that battled the Persians?
(b) Animal handlers.
5. What strategy did Philip use in 939 to defeat his enemy?
(a) He forced a sea war, as opposed to a war on land.
(b) He used ballista for the first time in a battle.
(c) He forced a land war, as opposed to a war on the sea.
(d) He married a rival queen to forge peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the ratio of Persians to Macedonians at Gaugamela?
2. At what event was Philip assassinated?
3. What was the name of the capital of Macedonia?
4. During the battle of Granicus River, where was Alexander located?
5. How did Alexander deal with the Gordian Knot?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)