|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 412-437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Darius respond to Alexander's successful siege of Tyre?
(a) He captured the neighboring city of Sidon.
(b) He proposed another peace settlement.
(c) He tried to recapture the city.
(d) He relinquished the throne and fled.
2. How many years did Alexander study with Aristotle?
3. In Persia's efforts to capture Sidon, whom did Philip support?
(a) The Egyptians.
(b) The Athenians.
(c) The Spartans.
(d) The Assyrians.
4. What strategy did Alexander take in regards to Ambphi?
(a) He was nice and generous, as he needed their help.
(b) He crushed the city in a massacre.
(c) He skipped the city over, for larger conquests.
(d) He recruited all the men of Ambphi into his army.
5. How did Darius of Persia respond to the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
(a) He did not support it, preferring to let the Greeks handle their own affairs.
(b) He did not support it, and tried to conquer the city himself.
(c) He supported it, knowing that it would stall Alexander from invading Persia.
(d) He supported it, because he was a staunch ally of Thebes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Alexander decide to do with Darius' body?
2. During the battle of Granicus River, where was Alexander located?
3. Who killed Amyntus and Caranus?
4. Where was Philip when Alexander first led the troops, quelling a rebellion?
5. What battle is said to be Alexander's greatest strategic triumph?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)