|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 412-437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Philip's opinion of his son's ambition?
(a) Philip recognized it, but thought Alexander was no threat.
(b) Philip did not recognize it, and Alexander seized power under his nose.
(c) Philip recognized it and tried to sire an alternate heir to Alexander.
(d) Philip recognized it, and plotted with Olympias to kill Alexander.
2. What was the name of the capital of Macedonia?
3. What was Alexander's extent of knowledge of Indian geography, upon entering India?
(a) Aristotle had taught him about the major geographical features of India.
(b) He had no knowledge of Indian geography.
(c) He claimed to have been divinely told about Indian geography, angering his troops.
(d) Having traveled there twice in the past, he was quite knowledgeable about Indian geography.
4. What battle is said to be Alexander's greatest strategic triumph?
(b) Jhelum River.
5. What strategy did Philip use in 939 to defeat his enemy?
(a) He used ballista for the first time in a battle.
(b) He forced a sea war, as opposed to a war on land.
(c) He married a rival queen to forge peace.
(d) He forced a land war, as opposed to a war on the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What regions was Macedonia divided into prior to Alexander's birth?
2. What role did Alexander envision his Successors would have?
3. What is the name of the sea east of the Greek mainland?
4. While sieging Tyre, Alexander traveled to which city for reinforcements and his warships?
5. During the battle of Granicus River, where was Alexander located?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)