|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who assassinated Philip?
(a) A jealous former male lover.
2. What action by Alexander contributed to the debt of Macedonia prior to the Persian campaign?
(a) Alexander had refused to tax the citizens.
(b) Alexander held a series of legendary and expensive feasts.
(c) Alexander had imported animals from all around the world for a zoo.
(d) Alexander had built a host of war machines at great cost.
3. Who killed Amyntus and Caranus?
4. What kind of military leader was King Philip?
(a) He was a strict disciplinarian.
(b) He was a procrastinator who did not insist on high standards.
(c) He relied heavily on improvisation and instinct.
(d) He did not keep much of an army during his reign.
5. Which Persian king did Alexander oppose in his military campaign?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the mother of Alexander?
2. Which commander opposed Alexander at the battle of Granicus River?
3. Which is NOT one of the qualities Aristotle bestowed on young Alexander?
4. Where did Alexander begin his studies with Aristotle?
5. What monument was built in response to events after the battle of Chaeronaea?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)