|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For his 336 BC to 335 BC military campaign, what kind of training did Alexander have his troops undergo?
(a) Amphibious warfare.
(b) Desert warfare.
(c) Mountain warfare.
(d) Naval warfare.
2. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
(a) He demanded that all the men of Thebes be imprisoned.
(b) He demanded all of the city's gold reserves.
(c) He demanded that the leaders of the revolt surrender.
(d) He demanded all religious iconography in the city to be destroyed.
3. Mieza was known for what export?
4. What monument was built in response to events after the battle of Chaeronaea?
(a) The Hanging Gardens.
(b) The Philippians.
(c) The Alabaster Tower.
(d) The Great Library.
5. What was NOT one of the actions Alexander took after his father was murdered?
(a) He gave key positions to friends returned from exile.
(b) He personally murdered Cleopatra's baby and possible heir to the throne, Cananis.
(c) He had several of his political enemies murdered.
(d) He maintained the overall principles of his father's administration.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what event was Philip assassinated?
2. During the battle of Granicus River, where was Alexander located?
3. Where was Alexander the Great born?
4. What is the technical military term for a slanted infantry line, such as the one used at the battle of Chaeronaea?
5. What military strategy did Philip innovate in his battle with the Illyrians?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)