|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mieza was known for what export?
2. At what age was Alexander appointed Regent of Macedonia?
3. Who financed the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
4. What monument was built in response to events after the battle of Chaeronaea?
(a) The Hanging Gardens.
(b) The Great Library.
(c) The Alabaster Tower.
(d) The Philippians.
5. In the summer of 939, with what threat did Philip have to contend?
(a) An insurrection on the part of the Macedonian assembly.
(b) The possibility of city states joining forces to invade Macedonia.
(c) A great famine which swept Macedonia.
(d) The possibility that Olympias would have him murdered.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is NOT one of the qualities Aristotle bestowed on young Alexander?
2. In 335 BC, who commanded Persian military forces?
3. Who was the mother of Alexander?
4. What was the outcome of the Battle of Chaeronaea?
5. Where did Alexander begin his studies with Aristotle?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)