|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Philip interested in the region of Mt. Pangaeus?
(a) He believed the legendary Fountain of Youth was located there.
(b) He wished to establish a military fort there.
(c) He wished to mine for gold and silver.
(d) He wished to conquer the citizens there because of their disrespect.
2. In which year did the Persians capture Sidon from the Greeks?
(a) 114 AD.
(b) 785 BC.
(c) 202 BC.
(d) 345 BC.
3. Where was Philip when Alexander first led the troops, quelling a rebellion?
(a) With Olympias in Egypt.
(b) Involved in the Byzantine campaign.
(c) In Mieza.
(d) By his side, overseeing the operation.
4. How many years did Alexander study with Aristotle?
5. What regions was Macedonia divided into prior to Alexander's birth?
(a) North, East, South, and West Macedonia.
(b) Eastern Macedonia and Western Macedonia.
(c) Jungle Macedonia and Desert Macedonia.
(d) Upper Macedonia and Lower Macedonia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of military leader was King Philip?
2. What was Thebes' immediate reaction to Alexander assuming the Macedonian throne?
3. Who led the troops in an August 338 battle?
4. What was the first town to which Alexander came in the Persian campaign?
5. What city state did Alexander attack in 336 BC as he pushed toward the Danube River?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)