|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action by Alexander contributed to the debt of Macedonia prior to the Persian campaign?
(a) Alexander held a series of legendary and expensive feasts.
(b) Alexander had imported animals from all around the world for a zoo.
(c) Alexander had refused to tax the citizens.
(d) Alexander had built a host of war machines at great cost.
2. Which BEST characterizes Olympias' relationship with Alexander?
(a) She envied and hated Alexander.
(b) The two were very close.
(c) She feared him and felt terrorized by him.
(d) She never knew Alexander.
3. What was the Macedonian infantry known as?
(a) The Foot Companions.
(b) Ground Quake.
(c) The Fighting Macedons.
(d) The Warrior Eagles.
4. How could Macedonia be characterized prior to Philip's rule?
(a) Peaceful and powerful.
(b) Warlike and imperial.
(c) Mystical and feared.
(d) Weak and insignificant.
5. What strategy did Philip use in 939 to defeat his enemy?
(a) He used ballista for the first time in a battle.
(b) He married a rival queen to forge peace.
(c) He forced a land war, as opposed to a war on the sea.
(d) He forced a sea war, as opposed to a war on land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the outcome of the Battle of Chaeronaea?
2. What action did Alexander take before and after crossing the Dardanelles River in the Persian campaign?
3. In Persia's efforts to capture Sidon, whom did Philip support?
4. What acted as a restraint on the power wielded by the King of Macedon?
5. Who killed Amyntus and Caranus?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)