|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important battle took place in August 338?
(a) The battle of Chaeronaea.
(b) The battle of Peloponnesia.
(c) The battle of Thebes.
(d) The battle of Jhelum River.
2. In what year was Alexander the Great born?
(a) 356 BC.
(b) 3 AD.
(c) 120 AD.
(d) 808 BC.
3. What was the outcome of the Battle of Chaeronaea?
(a) Philip fought to an unsatisfying standstill.
(b) Philip did not win, but importantly he managed to destroy the Athenian navy.
(c) Philip won a decisive victory.
(d) Philip was soundly defeated.
4. Who led the troops in an August 338 battle?
(a) Philip only.
(b) Alexander only.
(d) Philip and Alexander.
5. When did Alexander begin his war against the Persians?
(a) 334 BC.
(b) 348 BC.
(c) 117 AD.
(d) 315 BC.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements is true of Alexander as a boy?
2. Who was the mother of Alexander?
3. Why was Philip interested in the region of Mt. Pangaeus?
4. What monument was built in response to events after the battle of Chaeronaea?
5. Where was Philip when Alexander first led the troops, quelling a rebellion?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)