|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
(a) He demanded that all the men of Thebes be imprisoned.
(b) He demanded that the leaders of the revolt surrender.
(c) He demanded all of the city's gold reserves.
(d) He demanded all religious iconography in the city to be destroyed.
2. What regions was Macedonia divided into prior to Alexander's birth?
(a) Jungle Macedonia and Desert Macedonia.
(b) North, East, South, and West Macedonia.
(c) Eastern Macedonia and Western Macedonia.
(d) Upper Macedonia and Lower Macedonia.
3. How could Macedonia be characterized prior to Philip's rule?
(a) Weak and insignificant.
(b) Mystical and feared.
(c) Warlike and imperial.
(d) Peaceful and powerful.
4. In what year was Alexander the Great born?
(a) 120 AD.
(b) 356 BC.
(c) 808 BC.
(d) 3 AD.
5. Who assassinated Philip?
(a) A jealous former male lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What action by Alexander contributed to the debt of Macedonia prior to the Persian campaign?
2. In Persia's efforts to capture Sidon, whom did Philip support?
3. What was Philip's stance on Panhellenism?
4. What action did Alexander take in the Persian campaign in regards to the town of Lampsacus?
5. Who led the troops in an August 338 battle?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)