|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who assassinated Philip?
(b) A jealous former male lover.
2. What was Philip's stance on Panhellenism?
(a) He was indifferent, since the movement did not affect him.
(b) He tolerated it only if he could use it to his advantage.
(c) He hated the notion, and worked against it at every turn.
(d) He was raised to respect and embrace the movement.
3. What action did Alexander take in the Persian campaign in regards to the town of Lampsacus?
(a) He sold all of the town's men into slavery.
(b) He took money from the town in order to leave it alone.
(c) He hired many mercenaries from the town.
(d) He razed the town to the ground.
4. During the battle of Granicus River, where was Alexander located?
(a) He was in Athens receiving further counsel from Aristotle.
(b) He fought alongside his men.
(c) He was in Pella trying to raise money for the war effort.
(d) He watched the battle unfold from a nearby hill.
5. What was the ultimate result of the uprising of Thebes in 335 BC?
(a) Thebes' citizens were massacred, but the city was left as a fortress.
(b) Thebes' brokered a peace and became part of Alexander's kingdom.
(c) The city was burned to the ground, but Alexander spared all its citizens.
(d) Thebes' citizens were massacred and the city was burned to the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Philip interested in the region of Mt. Pangaeus?
2. Which BEST characterizes Olympias' relationship with Alexander?
3. Where was Philip when Alexander first led the troops, quelling a rebellion?
4. What was Philip's opinion of his son's ambition?
5. Which was NOT one of the types of troops Alexander included in his army that battled the Persians?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)