|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the capital of Macedonia?
2. In the summer of 939, with what threat did Philip have to contend?
(a) An insurrection on the part of the Macedonian assembly.
(b) A great famine which swept Macedonia.
(c) The possibility that Olympias would have him murdered.
(d) The possibility of city states joining forces to invade Macedonia.
3. What was Philip's stance on Panhellenism?
(a) He hated the notion, and worked against it at every turn.
(b) He was raised to respect and embrace the movement.
(c) He tolerated it only if he could use it to his advantage.
(d) He was indifferent, since the movement did not affect him.
4. How many troops did Alexander capture and enslave in the battle of Granicus River?
(a) Two thousand.
(b) Ten thousand.
(c) Three hundred.
5. Which commander opposed Alexander at the battle of Granicus River?
Short Answer Questions
1. What action by Alexander contributed to the debt of Macedonia prior to the Persian campaign?
2. What is the technical military term for a slanted infantry line, such as the one used at the battle of Chaeronaea?
3. In which year did the Persians capture Sidon from the Greeks?
4. What action did Alexander take before and after crossing the Dardanelles River in the Persian campaign?
5. In response to learning that Philip supported the Persians, what did the Greeks do?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)