|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What military strategy did Philip innovate in his battle with the Illyrians?
(a) Shields for the front line.
(b) He used elephants in war for the first time.
(c) Ranged combat with archers.
(d) A slanted infantry line.
2. How many years did Alexander study with Aristotle?
3. In response to learning that Philip supported the Persians, what did the Greeks do?
(a) Tried to poison Philip.
(b) Sent men to rob Philip's palace.
(c) Arrested and tortured one of Philip's men.
(d) Arrested and tortured Philip.
4. What monument was built in response to events after the battle of Chaeronaea?
(a) The Great Library.
(b) The Hanging Gardens.
(c) The Philippians.
(d) The Alabaster Tower.
5. What was the Macedonian infantry known as?
(a) The Warrior Eagles.
(b) Ground Quake.
(c) The Fighting Macedons.
(d) The Foot Companions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was NOT one of the actions Alexander took after his father was murdered?
2. Which was NOT one of the types of troops Alexander included in his army that battled the Persians?
3. How could Macedonia be characterized prior to Philip's rule?
4. What was Philip's stance on Panhellenism?
5. In what year was Alexander the Great born?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)