|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important battle took place in August 338?
(a) The battle of Thebes.
(b) The battle of Chaeronaea.
(c) The battle of Jhelum River.
(d) The battle of Peloponnesia.
2. Which of the following statements is true of Alexander as a boy?
(a) Alexander was shy and unassuming, and cared little for glory.
(b) Alexander never held grudges, and was always quick to forgive.
(c) Alexander loathed his mother and much preferred his father.
(d) Alexander was jealous of his father's military conquests.
3. When King Philip met the Illyrians in battle, how many Illyrians did he kill, approximately?
(a) Only a handful.
(b) Seven thousand.
(c) One Hundred.
(d) Nineteen thousand.
4. Where was Alexander the Great born?
5. What was the first town to which Alexander came in the Persian campaign?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Thebes' immediate reaction to Alexander assuming the Macedonian throne?
2. What city state did Alexander attack in 336 BC as he pushed toward the Danube River?
3. Who killed Amyntus and Caranus?
4. Which commander opposed Alexander at the battle of Granicus River?
5. Which BEST characterizes Olympias' relationship with Alexander?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)