|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who assassinated Philip?
(c) A jealous former male lover.
2. What strategy did Philip use in 939 to defeat his enemy?
(a) He married a rival queen to forge peace.
(b) He forced a land war, as opposed to a war on the sea.
(c) He forced a sea war, as opposed to a war on land.
(d) He used ballista for the first time in a battle.
3. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Thebes offer its surrender?
(a) City leaders demanded that their women survive unharmed.
(b) City leaders demanded that Alexander conquer their enemy, Thrace.
(c) City leaders demanded Alexander relinquish the Macedonian crown.
(d) City leaders demanded the surrender of two of Alexander's military leaders.
4. Which BEST characterizes the environment in which Alexander as a child was brought up?
(a) A quiet life involving religious contemplation.
(b) A male-dominated world of feasts and professional soldiers.
(c) A female-dominated world of waiting women and artists.
(d) A peasant life of hard work in the fields.
5. What was the Macedonian infantry known as?
(a) The Warrior Eagles.
(b) The Fighting Macedons.
(c) Ground Quake.
(d) The Foot Companions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Philip interested in the region of Mt. Pangaeus?
2. What was the ultimate result of the uprising of Thebes in 335 BC?
3. Who financed the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
4. In response to learning that Philip supported the Persians, what did the Greeks do?
5. What city state did Alexander attack in 336 BC as he pushed toward the Danube River?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)