|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Thebes' immediate reaction to Alexander assuming the Macedonian throne?
(a) They tried to bribe members of the Macedonian assembly to depose Alexander.
(b) They kidnapped Alexander's mother Olympias.
(c) They expelled Alexander's troops from the city.
(d) They openly accepted Alexander as their king.
2. Where was Alexander the Great born?
3. Why was Philip interested in the region of Mt. Pangaeus?
(a) He wished to conquer the citizens there because of their disrespect.
(b) He believed the legendary Fountain of Youth was located there.
(c) He wished to establish a military fort there.
(d) He wished to mine for gold and silver.
4. How could Macedonia be characterized prior to Philip's rule?
(a) Weak and insignificant.
(b) Warlike and imperial.
(c) Peaceful and powerful.
(d) Mystical and feared.
5. How many years did Alexander study with Aristotle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What strategy did Philip use in 939 to defeat his enemy?
2. Who killed Amyntus and Caranus?
3. In Persia's efforts to capture Sidon, whom did Philip support?
4. When King Philip met the Illyrians in battle, how many Illyrians did he kill, approximately?
5. Who led the troops in an August 338 battle?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)