|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Persian king did Alexander oppose in his military campaign?
2. What city state did Alexander attack in 336 BC as he pushed toward the Danube River?
3. Which was NOT one of the types of troops Alexander included in his army that battled the Persians?
(b) Animal handlers.
4. In what year was the battle of Pelium fought?
(a) 320 BC.
(b) 480 BC.
(c) 128 AD.
(d) 335 BC.
5. What military strategy did Philip innovate in his battle with the Illyrians?
(a) He used elephants in war for the first time.
(b) A slanted infantry line.
(c) Ranged combat with archers.
(d) Shields for the front line.
Short Answer Questions
1. What acted as a restraint on the power wielded by the King of Macedon?
2. What regions was Macedonia divided into prior to Alexander's birth?
3. What was the name of the capital of Macedonia?
4. Where did Alexander begin his studies with Aristotle?
5. Where was Philip when Alexander first led the troops, quelling a rebellion?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)