|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Philip interested in the region of Mt. Pangaeus?
(a) He believed the legendary Fountain of Youth was located there.
(b) He wished to mine for gold and silver.
(c) He wished to establish a military fort there.
(d) He wished to conquer the citizens there because of their disrespect.
2. Who financed the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
3. Which BEST characterizes Olympias' relationship with Alexander?
(a) The two were very close.
(b) She never knew Alexander.
(c) She feared him and felt terrorized by him.
(d) She envied and hated Alexander.
4. Which commander opposed Alexander at the battle of Granicus River?
5. Which of the following statements is true of Alexander as a boy?
(a) Alexander was jealous of his father's military conquests.
(b) Alexander loathed his mother and much preferred his father.
(c) Alexander never held grudges, and was always quick to forgive.
(d) Alexander was shy and unassuming, and cared little for glory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What military strategy did Philip innovate in his battle with the Illyrians?
2. In what year was Alexander the Great born?
3. In which year did the Persians capture Sidon from the Greeks?
4. How many years did Alexander study with Aristotle?
5. Which BEST characterizes the environment in which Alexander as a child was brought up?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)