|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What acted as a restraint on the power wielded by the King of Macedon?
(a) He was not allowed to personally lead the army.
(b) His wives were chosen by the Macedonian assembly.
(c) He could be voted out by the Macedonian assembly.
(d) He could not engage in foreign policy decisions.
2. Who was the mother of Alexander?
3. During the battle of Granicus River, where was Alexander located?
(a) He was in Pella trying to raise money for the war effort.
(b) He was in Athens receiving further counsel from Aristotle.
(c) He fought alongside his men.
(d) He watched the battle unfold from a nearby hill.
4. Where was Alexander the Great born?
5. Which commander opposed Alexander at the battle of Granicus River?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the summer of 939, with what threat did Philip have to contend?
2. What was the main weapon of the Macedonian infantry under King Philip?
3. What military strategy did Philip innovate in his battle with the Illyrians?
4. What is the technical military term for a slanted infantry line, such as the one used at the battle of Chaeronaea?
5. What action did Alexander take before and after crossing the Dardanelles River in the Persian campaign?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)