|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age was Alexander appointed Regent of Macedonia?
2. In 335 BC, who commanded Persian military forces?
(a) Memnon of Rhodes.
(b) Xerxes I.
3. What action did Alexander take in the Persian campaign in regards to the town of Lampsacus?
(a) He sold all of the town's men into slavery.
(b) He hired many mercenaries from the town.
(c) He took money from the town in order to leave it alone.
(d) He razed the town to the ground.
4. Where was Alexander the Great born?
5. How did Darius of Persia respond to the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
(a) He supported it, knowing that it would stall Alexander from invading Persia.
(b) He supported it, because he was a staunch ally of Thebes.
(c) He did not support it, and tried to conquer the city himself.
(d) He did not support it, preferring to let the Greeks handle their own affairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Persia's efforts to capture Sidon, whom did Philip support?
2. At what event was Philip assassinated?
3. What was Thebes' immediate reaction to Alexander assuming the Macedonian throne?
4. Who was the mother of Alexander?
5. Where did Alexander begin his studies with Aristotle?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)