|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Philip's fifth wife?
2. What city state did Alexander attack in 336 BC as he pushed toward the Danube River?
3. Which is NOT one of the qualities Aristotle bestowed on young Alexander?
(b) Scientific curiosity.
(c) Hedonistic view on life.
(d) Analytical mind.
4. What action by Alexander contributed to the debt of Macedonia prior to the Persian campaign?
(a) Alexander had refused to tax the citizens.
(b) Alexander held a series of legendary and expensive feasts.
(c) Alexander had imported animals from all around the world for a zoo.
(d) Alexander had built a host of war machines at great cost.
5. When King Philip met the Illyrians in battle, how many Illyrians did he kill, approximately?
(a) Nineteen thousand.
(b) One Hundred.
(c) Seven thousand.
(d) Only a handful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important battle took place in August 338?
2. What military strategy did Philip innovate in his battle with the Illyrians?
3. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
4. During the battle of Granicus River, where was Alexander located?
5. What was the name of the capital of Macedonia?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)