|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What acted as a restraint on the power wielded by the King of Macedon?
(a) He could be voted out by the Macedonian assembly.
(b) His wives were chosen by the Macedonian assembly.
(c) He could not engage in foreign policy decisions.
(d) He was not allowed to personally lead the army.
2. In which year did the Persians capture Sidon from the Greeks?
(a) 202 BC.
(b) 114 AD.
(c) 345 BC.
(d) 785 BC.
3. Which Persian king did Alexander oppose in his military campaign?
4. In what financial state did Philip leave Macedonia when he died?
(a) Macedonia was bankrupt, and citizens were fleeing the country.
(b) Macedonia was left in a very prosperous state.
(c) Philip died in debt.
(d) Macedonia was barely making money.
5. What was the outcome of the Battle of Chaeronaea?
(a) Philip won a decisive victory.
(b) Philip was soundly defeated.
(c) Philip fought to an unsatisfying standstill.
(d) Philip did not win, but importantly he managed to destroy the Athenian navy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which BEST characterizes the environment in which Alexander as a child was brought up?
2. What was Philip's opinion of his son's ambition?
3. Mieza was known for what export?
4. How did Darius of Persia respond to the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
5. Which BEST characterizes Olympias' relationship with Alexander?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)