|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what financial state did Philip leave Macedonia when he died?
(a) Macedonia was barely making money.
(b) Philip died in debt.
(c) Macedonia was bankrupt, and citizens were fleeing the country.
(d) Macedonia was left in a very prosperous state.
2. What was the name of Philip's fifth wife?
3. Where did Alexander begin his studies with Aristotle?
4. Which commander opposed Alexander at the battle of Granicus River?
5. What action by Alexander contributed to the debt of Macedonia prior to the Persian campaign?
(a) Alexander had built a host of war machines at great cost.
(b) Alexander had refused to tax the citizens.
(c) Alexander had imported animals from all around the world for a zoo.
(d) Alexander held a series of legendary and expensive feasts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which was NOT one of the types of troops Alexander included in his army that battled the Persians?
2. Which of the following statements is true of Alexander as a boy?
3. At what age was Alexander appointed Regent of Macedonia?
4. What was Philip's stance on Panhellenism?
5. What was Thebes' immediate reaction to Alexander assuming the Macedonian throne?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)