|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
(a) He demanded that the leaders of the revolt surrender.
(b) He demanded that all the men of Thebes be imprisoned.
(c) He demanded all religious iconography in the city to be destroyed.
(d) He demanded all of the city's gold reserves.
2. Who was the mother of Alexander?
3. What action did Alexander take in the Persian campaign in regards to the town of Lampsacus?
(a) He sold all of the town's men into slavery.
(b) He took money from the town in order to leave it alone.
(c) He hired many mercenaries from the town.
(d) He razed the town to the ground.
4. What was the name of the capital of Macedonia?
5. What action by Alexander contributed to the debt of Macedonia prior to the Persian campaign?
(a) Alexander had refused to tax the citizens.
(b) Alexander held a series of legendary and expensive feasts.
(c) Alexander had imported animals from all around the world for a zoo.
(d) Alexander had built a host of war machines at great cost.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which year did the Persians capture Sidon from the Greeks?
2. Which of the following statements is true of Alexander as a boy?
3. In the summer of 939, with what threat did Philip have to contend?
4. What was the Macedonian infantry known as?
5. What regions was Macedonia divided into prior to Alexander's birth?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)