|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action did Alexander take before and after crossing the Dardanelles River in the Persian campaign?
(a) He burned all the crops on the shores of the river.
(b) He built altars to the gods.
(c) He murdered townspeople on either side of the river.
(d) He ritualistically bathed the entire army.
2. What was Philip's stance on Panhellenism?
(a) He tolerated it only if he could use it to his advantage.
(b) He was indifferent, since the movement did not affect him.
(c) He hated the notion, and worked against it at every turn.
(d) He was raised to respect and embrace the movement.
3. What city state did Alexander attack in 336 BC as he pushed toward the Danube River?
4. At what age was Alexander appointed Regent of Macedonia?
5. How did Darius of Persia respond to the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
(a) He did not support it, and tried to conquer the city himself.
(b) He supported it, knowing that it would stall Alexander from invading Persia.
(c) He did not support it, preferring to let the Greeks handle their own affairs.
(d) He supported it, because he was a staunch ally of Thebes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Persia's efforts to capture Sidon, whom did Philip support?
2. What regions was Macedonia divided into prior to Alexander's birth?
3. Who was the mother of Alexander?
4. In what financial state did Philip leave Macedonia when he died?
5. What was the outcome of the Battle of Chaeronaea?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)