|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 270-298.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following BEST describes the final strategy Alexander used to enter Tyre?
(a) He starved its citizens into submission.
(b) He forced Tyrian ships to a north harbor, and breached the city wall from the south.
(c) He used the front of a ship as a battering ram.
(d) He cast dead bodies over the walls, spreading contagion and forcing surrender.
2. How many troops did Alexander capture and enslave in the battle of Granicus River?
(b) Ten thousand.
(c) Three hundred.
(d) Two thousand.
3. In a settlement after Issus, Darius offered to cede lands west of which river?
4. How did Alexander finance his campaign into the Indian subcontinent?
(a) By holding Darius for ransom.
(b) By levying a large tax on the Greek city-states.
(c) By severely reducing the size of his army.
(d) By looting the royal treasury of Persepolis.
5. Where did Alexander travel after Gaugamela?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mieza was known for what export?
2. While sieging Tyre, Alexander traveled to which city for reinforcements and his warships?
3. What was the first town to which Alexander came in the Persian campaign?
4. For his 336 BC to 335 BC military campaign, what kind of training did Alexander have his troops undergo?
5. What was NOT one of the actions Alexander took after his father was murdered?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)