|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 270-298.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was the battle of Pelium fought?
(a) 335 BC.
(b) 128 AD.
(c) 320 BC.
(d) 480 BC.
2. What was the name of the capital of Macedonia?
3. Where did Alexander travel after Gaugamela?
4. How did Darius of Persia respond to the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
(a) He did not support it, preferring to let the Greeks handle their own affairs.
(b) He did not support it, and tried to conquer the city himself.
(c) He supported it, knowing that it would stall Alexander from invading Persia.
(d) He supported it, because he was a staunch ally of Thebes.
5. During the battle of Granicus River, where was Alexander located?
(a) He was in Pella trying to raise money for the war effort.
(b) He was in Athens receiving further counsel from Aristotle.
(c) He fought alongside his men.
(d) He watched the battle unfold from a nearby hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which BEST characterizes Olympias' relationship with Alexander?
2. What did Alexander and his army build in order to lay siege to Tyre?
3. Where did Darius offer a settlement to Alexander after the battle of Issus?
4. What was the attitude of Alexander's army after the battle of Gaugamela?
5. What order did Alexander give when his army reached Persepolis?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)