|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 270-298.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who financed the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
2. What action did Alexander take before and after crossing the Dardanelles River in the Persian campaign?
(a) He murdered townspeople on either side of the river.
(b) He built altars to the gods.
(c) He burned all the crops on the shores of the river.
(d) He ritualistically bathed the entire army.
3. In what year was the battle of Pelium fought?
(a) 335 BC.
(b) 320 BC.
(c) 128 AD.
(d) 480 BC.
4. Which of the following statements is true of Alexander as a boy?
(a) Alexander loathed his mother and much preferred his father.
(b) Alexander was jealous of his father's military conquests.
(c) Alexander never held grudges, and was always quick to forgive.
(d) Alexander was shy and unassuming, and cared little for glory.
5. After Persepolis, to what city did Alexander travel?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Issus, Darius supplied the king of which territory with Persian ships?
2. Who did Alexander send to Sousa after leaving Gaugamela?
3. Which of the following was NOT captured by Alexander at Damascus?
4. Which of the following BEST describes the final strategy Alexander used to enter Tyre?
5. What action by Alexander contributed to the debt of Macedonia prior to the Persian campaign?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)