|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 270-298.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements is true of Alexander as a boy?
(a) Alexander was jealous of his father's military conquests.
(b) Alexander was shy and unassuming, and cared little for glory.
(c) Alexander never held grudges, and was always quick to forgive.
(d) Alexander loathed his mother and much preferred his father.
2. What did Alexander learn from a messenger on his way to Sousa?
(a) Sousa had already fallen to Philoxenus.
(b) Darius had regathered his forces there.
(c) His mother had fallen gravely ill.
(d) Philoxenus had failed to capture Sousa, and was routed.
3. In Persia's efforts to capture Sidon, whom did Philip support?
(a) The Athenians.
(b) The Spartans.
(c) The Egyptians.
(d) The Assyrians.
4. What was the attitude of Alexander's army after the battle of Gaugamela?
(a) The army wished to strike for more pay.
(b) Alexander had to kill dozens of mutinous soldiers.
(c) Many were completely willing to travel into the Indian subcontinent.
(d) Many wanted to return to Macedonia.
5. For his 336 BC to 335 BC military campaign, what kind of training did Alexander have his troops undergo?
(a) Naval warfare.
(b) Desert warfare.
(c) Mountain warfare.
(d) Amphibious warfare.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which was NOT one of the types of troops Alexander included in his army that battled the Persians?
2. Which city refused to help Tyre in Alexander's siege?
3. Which of the following was NOT captured by Alexander at Damascus?
4. Who did Alexander send to Sousa after leaving Gaugamela?
5. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)