|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 270-298.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the battle of Granicus River, where was Alexander located?
(a) He watched the battle unfold from a nearby hill.
(b) He fought alongside his men.
(c) He was in Pella trying to raise money for the war effort.
(d) He was in Athens receiving further counsel from Aristotle.
2. What was NOT one of the actions Alexander took after his father was murdered?
(a) He personally murdered Cleopatra's baby and possible heir to the throne, Cananis.
(b) He maintained the overall principles of his father's administration.
(c) He gave key positions to friends returned from exile.
(d) He had several of his political enemies murdered.
3. Who killed Amyntus and Caranus?
4. What was the first town to which Alexander came in the Persian campaign?
5. What title was given to Alexander after the battle of Gaugamela?
(a) Lord of Asia.
(b) King of the Gaugamelites.
(c) Pharaoh of Egypt.
(d) King of the World.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Darius of Persia respond to the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
2. After Issus, Darius supplied the king of which territory with Persian ships?
3. Persepolis was the burial place of whom?
4. What promise did Alexander make to the citizens of Babylon when entering the city?
5. How did Darius respond to Alexander's successful siege of Tyre?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)