|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 270-298.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mieza was known for what export?
2. Which BEST characterizes Olympias' relationship with Alexander?
(a) She envied and hated Alexander.
(b) She feared him and felt terrorized by him.
(c) The two were very close.
(d) She never knew Alexander.
3. After Issus, Darius supplied the king of which territory with Persian ships?
4. What action did Alexander take in the Persian campaign in regards to the town of Lampsacus?
(a) He sold all of the town's men into slavery.
(b) He took money from the town in order to leave it alone.
(c) He razed the town to the ground.
(d) He hired many mercenaries from the town.
5. In Persia's efforts to capture Sidon, whom did Philip support?
(a) The Athenians.
(b) The Egyptians.
(c) The Spartans.
(d) The Assyrians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which commander opposed Alexander at the battle of Granicus River?
2. What title was given to Alexander after the battle of Gaugamela?
3. How did Alexander finance his campaign into the Indian subcontinent?
4. What was the attitude of Alexander's army after the battle of Gaugamela?
5. After Persepolis, to what city did Alexander travel?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)