|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 270-298.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Persepolis was the burial place of whom?
(a) Achaemenid kings.
(b) Macedonian kings.
(c) Athenian senators.
(d) Alexander's mother.
2. What title was given to Alexander after the battle of Gaugamela?
(a) King of the World.
(b) King of the Gaugamelites.
(c) Pharaoh of Egypt.
(d) Lord of Asia.
3. What was NOT one of the actions Alexander took after his father was murdered?
(a) He personally murdered Cleopatra's baby and possible heir to the throne, Cananis.
(b) He maintained the overall principles of his father's administration.
(c) He had several of his political enemies murdered.
(d) He gave key positions to friends returned from exile.
4. What was Thebes' immediate reaction to Alexander assuming the Macedonian throne?
(a) They kidnapped Alexander's mother Olympias.
(b) They tried to bribe members of the Macedonian assembly to depose Alexander.
(c) They expelled Alexander's troops from the city.
(d) They openly accepted Alexander as their king.
5. In January 330 BC, Alexander traveled to which city?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the capital of Macedonia?
2. After Persepolis, which general did Alexander reduce in terms of power and authority?
3. Who did Alexander send to Damascus for the Persian royal treasure?
4. What was Philip's stance on Panhellenism?
5. What action did Alexander take in the Persian campaign in regards to the town of Lampsacus?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)