|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 270-298.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city state did Alexander attack in 336 BC as he pushed toward the Danube River?
2. During the battle of Granicus River, where was Alexander located?
(a) He watched the battle unfold from a nearby hill.
(b) He was in Athens receiving further counsel from Aristotle.
(c) He fought alongside his men.
(d) He was in Pella trying to raise money for the war effort.
3. Persepolis was the burial place of whom?
(a) Athenian senators.
(b) Alexander's mother.
(c) Macedonian kings.
(d) Achaemenid kings.
4. What action did Alexander take before and after crossing the Dardanelles River in the Persian campaign?
(a) He built altars to the gods.
(b) He murdered townspeople on either side of the river.
(c) He burned all the crops on the shores of the river.
(d) He ritualistically bathed the entire army.
5. How did Alexander finance his campaign into the Indian subcontinent?
(a) By holding Darius for ransom.
(b) By severely reducing the size of his army.
(c) By levying a large tax on the Greek city-states.
(d) By looting the royal treasury of Persepolis.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Persepolis, to what city did Alexander travel?
2. Where did Alexander travel after Gaugamela?
3. In what financial state did Philip leave Macedonia when he died?
4. What action did Alexander take in the Persian campaign in regards to the town of Lampsacus?
5. At what age was Alexander appointed Regent of Macedonia?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)