|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 270-298.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mieza was known for what export?
2. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
(a) He demanded all religious iconography in the city to be destroyed.
(b) He demanded that the leaders of the revolt surrender.
(c) He demanded all of the city's gold reserves.
(d) He demanded that all the men of Thebes be imprisoned.
3. What was NOT one of the actions Alexander took after his father was murdered?
(a) He maintained the overall principles of his father's administration.
(b) He gave key positions to friends returned from exile.
(c) He had several of his political enemies murdered.
(d) He personally murdered Cleopatra's baby and possible heir to the throne, Cananis.
4. How many years did Alexander study with Aristotle?
5. What action did Alexander take before and after crossing the Dardanelles River in the Persian campaign?
(a) He burned all the crops on the shores of the river.
(b) He built altars to the gods.
(c) He murdered townspeople on either side of the river.
(d) He ritualistically bathed the entire army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which commander opposed Alexander at the battle of Granicus River?
2. Which city refused to help Tyre in Alexander's siege?
3. After Issus, Darius supplied the king of which territory with Persian ships?
4. What was Philip's stance on Panhellenism?
5. In response to learning that Philip supported the Persians, what did the Greeks do?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)