|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 270-298.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the attitude of Alexander's army after the battle of Gaugamela?
(a) Alexander had to kill dozens of mutinous soldiers.
(b) Many wanted to return to Macedonia.
(c) Many were completely willing to travel into the Indian subcontinent.
(d) The army wished to strike for more pay.
2. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
(a) He demanded all of the city's gold reserves.
(b) He demanded all religious iconography in the city to be destroyed.
(c) He demanded that the leaders of the revolt surrender.
(d) He demanded that all the men of Thebes be imprisoned.
3. What title was given to Alexander after the battle of Gaugamela?
(a) King of the Gaugamelites.
(b) Pharaoh of Egypt.
(c) King of the World.
(d) Lord of Asia.
4. In 335 BC, who commanded Persian military forces?
(a) Xerxes I.
(d) Memnon of Rhodes.
5. How many years did Alexander study with Aristotle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Alexander send to Damascus for the Persian royal treasure?
2. While sieging Tyre, Alexander traveled to which city for reinforcements and his warships?
3. In response to learning that Philip supported the Persians, what did the Greeks do?
4. How did Darius respond to Alexander's successful siege of Tyre?
5. In January 330 BC, Alexander traveled to which city?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)