|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 270-298.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which was NOT one of the types of troops Alexander included in his army that battled the Persians?
(c) Animal handlers.
2. Mieza was known for what export?
3. Which of the following was NOT captured by Alexander at Damascus?
(a) Relatives of Persian commanders.
(b) Darius' bride Stateira.
(c) The Persian royal treasure.
(d) Ambassadors from Thebes and Sparta.
4. How did Alexander finance his campaign into the Indian subcontinent?
(a) By levying a large tax on the Greek city-states.
(b) By severely reducing the size of his army.
(c) By holding Darius for ransom.
(d) By looting the royal treasury of Persepolis.
5. What was the name of the capital of Macedonia?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Darius respond to Alexander's successful siege of Tyre?
2. What city state did Alexander attack in 336 BC as he pushed toward the Danube River?
3. In which year did the Persians capture Sidon from the Greeks?
4. Who did Alexander send to Damascus for the Persian royal treasure?
5. How did Darius of Persia respond to the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)