|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 270-298.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who killed Amyntus and Caranus?
2. After Persepolis, which general did Alexander reduce in terms of power and authority?
3. What was Thebes' immediate reaction to Alexander assuming the Macedonian throne?
(a) They openly accepted Alexander as their king.
(b) They kidnapped Alexander's mother Olympias.
(c) They tried to bribe members of the Macedonian assembly to depose Alexander.
(d) They expelled Alexander's troops from the city.
4. What action did Alexander take before and after crossing the Dardanelles River in the Persian campaign?
(a) He ritualistically bathed the entire army.
(b) He burned all the crops on the shores of the river.
(c) He murdered townspeople on either side of the river.
(d) He built altars to the gods.
5. When did Alexander begin his war against the Persians?
(a) 348 BC.
(b) 315 BC.
(c) 334 BC.
(d) 117 AD.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements is true of Alexander as a boy?
2. Which was NOT one of the types of troops Alexander included in his army that battled the Persians?
3. How many troops did Alexander capture and enslave in the battle of Granicus River?
4. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Thebes offer its surrender?
5. In a settlement after Issus, Darius offered to cede lands west of which river?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)