|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 270-298.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Persepolis was the burial place of whom?
(a) Macedonian kings.
(b) Athenian senators.
(c) Alexander's mother.
(d) Achaemenid kings.
2. What was Thebes' immediate reaction to Alexander assuming the Macedonian throne?
(a) They openly accepted Alexander as their king.
(b) They expelled Alexander's troops from the city.
(c) They kidnapped Alexander's mother Olympias.
(d) They tried to bribe members of the Macedonian assembly to depose Alexander.
3. In response to learning that Philip supported the Persians, what did the Greeks do?
(a) Arrested and tortured one of Philip's men.
(b) Arrested and tortured Philip.
(c) Tried to poison Philip.
(d) Sent men to rob Philip's palace.
4. How many troops did Alexander capture and enslave in the battle of Granicus River?
(a) Three hundred.
(c) Two thousand.
(d) Ten thousand.
5. After Persepolis, to what city did Alexander travel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following BEST describes the final strategy Alexander used to enter Tyre?
2. In a settlement after Issus, Darius offered to cede lands west of which river?
3. For his 336 BC to 335 BC military campaign, what kind of training did Alexander have his troops undergo?
4. How did Darius respond to Alexander's successful siege of Tyre?
5. What city state did Alexander attack in 336 BC as he pushed toward the Danube River?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)