|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 270-298.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which BEST characterizes the environment in which Alexander as a child was brought up?
(a) A female-dominated world of waiting women and artists.
(b) A male-dominated world of feasts and professional soldiers.
(c) A quiet life involving religious contemplation.
(d) A peasant life of hard work in the fields.
2. Who killed Amyntus and Caranus?
3. Where did Alexander travel after Gaugamela?
4. How many troops did Alexander capture and enslave in the battle of Granicus River?
(a) Three hundred.
(c) Ten thousand.
(d) Two thousand.
5. In 335 BC, who commanded Persian military forces?
(b) Xerxes I.
(c) Memnon of Rhodes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Philip's stance on Panhellenism?
2. How did Darius respond to Alexander's successful siege of Tyre?
3. What action did Alexander take before and after crossing the Dardanelles River in the Persian campaign?
4. When did Alexander begin his war against the Persians?
5. Who financed the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)