|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 270-298.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a settlement after Issus, Darius offered to cede lands west of which river?
2. What did Alexander and his army build in order to lay siege to Tyre?
(a) A causeway.
(b) A monument to Zeus.
(c) A Trojan horse.
(d) The first submarine.
3. Which BEST characterizes Olympias' relationship with Alexander?
(a) The two were very close.
(b) She envied and hated Alexander.
(c) She never knew Alexander.
(d) She feared him and felt terrorized by him.
4. Which of the following was NOT captured by Alexander at Damascus?
(a) Ambassadors from Thebes and Sparta.
(b) The Persian royal treasure.
(c) Relatives of Persian commanders.
(d) Darius' bride Stateira.
5. What was NOT one of the actions Alexander took after his father was murdered?
(a) He maintained the overall principles of his father's administration.
(b) He gave key positions to friends returned from exile.
(c) He had several of his political enemies murdered.
(d) He personally murdered Cleopatra's baby and possible heir to the throne, Cananis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Alexander send to Sousa after leaving Gaugamela?
2. What was Thebes' immediate reaction to Alexander assuming the Macedonian throne?
3. What made Tyre difficult to capture?
4. What was Philip's stance on Panhellenism?
5. What did Alexander learn from a messenger on his way to Sousa?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)