|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 270-298.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Alexander travel after Gaugamela?
2. What city state did Alexander attack in 336 BC as he pushed toward the Danube River?
3. Which city refused to help Tyre in Alexander's siege?
4. What was the ultimate result of the uprising of Thebes in 335 BC?
(a) Thebes' citizens were massacred, but the city was left as a fortress.
(b) Thebes' brokered a peace and became part of Alexander's kingdom.
(c) Thebes' citizens were massacred and the city was burned to the ground.
(d) The city was burned to the ground, but Alexander spared all its citizens.
5. In Persia's efforts to capture Sidon, whom did Philip support?
(a) The Egyptians.
(b) The Assyrians.
(c) The Athenians.
(d) The Spartans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the attitude of Alexander's army after the battle of Gaugamela?
2. How did Darius of Persia respond to the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
3. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
4. Which is NOT one of the qualities Aristotle bestowed on young Alexander?
5. Which of the following BEST describes the final strategy Alexander used to enter Tyre?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)