|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 270-298.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first town to which Alexander came in the Persian campaign?
2. Mieza was known for what export?
3. In 335 BC, who commanded Persian military forces?
(b) Memnon of Rhodes.
(c) Xerxes I.
4. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Thebes offer its surrender?
(a) City leaders demanded the surrender of two of Alexander's military leaders.
(b) City leaders demanded that Alexander conquer their enemy, Thrace.
(c) City leaders demanded that their women survive unharmed.
(d) City leaders demanded Alexander relinquish the Macedonian crown.
5. For his 336 BC to 335 BC military campaign, what kind of training did Alexander have his troops undergo?
(a) Mountain warfare.
(b) Amphibious warfare.
(c) Naval warfare.
(d) Desert warfare.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Persepolis, to what city did Alexander travel?
2. What order did Alexander give when his army reached Persepolis?
3. What was NOT one of the actions Alexander took after his father was murdered?
4. In which year did the Persians capture Sidon from the Greeks?
5. After Issus, Darius supplied the king of which territory with Persian ships?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)