|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 270-298.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is NOT one of the qualities Aristotle bestowed on young Alexander?
(a) Analytical mind.
(c) Hedonistic view on life.
(d) Scientific curiosity.
2. Who did Alexander send to Sousa after leaving Gaugamela?
3. What did Alexander and his army build in order to lay siege to Tyre?
(a) A Trojan horse.
(b) The first submarine.
(c) A monument to Zeus.
(d) A causeway.
4. Mieza was known for what export?
5. After Issus, Darius supplied the king of which territory with Persian ships?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Alexander respond to Darius' settlement offer after Issus?
2. For his 336 BC to 335 BC military campaign, what kind of training did Alexander have his troops undergo?
3. When did Alexander begin his war against the Persians?
4. In a settlement after Issus, Darius offered to cede lands west of which river?
5. What action by Alexander contributed to the debt of Macedonia prior to the Persian campaign?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)