|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 270-298.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
(a) He demanded that all the men of Thebes be imprisoned.
(b) He demanded all religious iconography in the city to be destroyed.
(c) He demanded that the leaders of the revolt surrender.
(d) He demanded all of the city's gold reserves.
2. What order did Alexander give when his army reached Persepolis?
(a) He left the city to his generals, who failed to capture it.
(b) He was accepted peacefully, and there was no bloodshed or plundering.
(c) He went around the city, avoiding it.
(d) He allowed his army to sack the city and kill all males.
3. Which was NOT one of the types of troops Alexander included in his army that battled the Persians?
(d) Animal handlers.
4. Who did Alexander send to Sousa after leaving Gaugamela?
5. Which of the following statements is true of Alexander as a boy?
(a) Alexander was shy and unassuming, and cared little for glory.
(b) Alexander loathed his mother and much preferred his father.
(c) Alexander never held grudges, and was always quick to forgive.
(d) Alexander was jealous of his father's military conquests.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT captured by Alexander at Damascus?
2. At what age was Alexander appointed Regent of Macedonia?
3. What city state did Alexander attack in 336 BC as he pushed toward the Danube River?
4. How did Alexander finance his campaign into the Indian subcontinent?
5. How many troops did Alexander capture and enslave in the battle of Granicus River?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)