|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 270-298.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Persepolis was the burial place of whom?
(a) Alexander's mother.
(b) Macedonian kings.
(c) Achaemenid kings.
(d) Athenian senators.
2. What did Alexander learn from a messenger on his way to Sousa?
(a) Darius had regathered his forces there.
(b) Sousa had already fallen to Philoxenus.
(c) His mother had fallen gravely ill.
(d) Philoxenus had failed to capture Sousa, and was routed.
3. After Persepolis, which general did Alexander reduce in terms of power and authority?
4. Which commander opposed Alexander at the battle of Granicus River?
5. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Thebes offer its surrender?
(a) City leaders demanded Alexander relinquish the Macedonian crown.
(b) City leaders demanded that Alexander conquer their enemy, Thrace.
(c) City leaders demanded that their women survive unharmed.
(d) City leaders demanded the surrender of two of Alexander's military leaders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What action did Alexander take before and after crossing the Dardanelles River in the Persian campaign?
2. In 335 BC, who commanded Persian military forces?
3. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
4. After Persepolis, to what city did Alexander travel?
5. Which BEST characterizes the environment in which Alexander as a child was brought up?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)