|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 270-298.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Darius of Persia respond to the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
(a) He supported it, knowing that it would stall Alexander from invading Persia.
(b) He supported it, because he was a staunch ally of Thebes.
(c) He did not support it, and tried to conquer the city himself.
(d) He did not support it, preferring to let the Greeks handle their own affairs.
2. In what financial state did Philip leave Macedonia when he died?
(a) Macedonia was barely making money.
(b) Philip died in debt.
(c) Macedonia was bankrupt, and citizens were fleeing the country.
(d) Macedonia was left in a very prosperous state.
3. In January 330 BC, Alexander traveled to which city?
4. What was the first town to which Alexander came in the Persian campaign?
5. How did Darius respond to Alexander's successful siege of Tyre?
(a) He tried to recapture the city.
(b) He proposed another peace settlement.
(c) He captured the neighboring city of Sidon.
(d) He relinquished the throne and fled.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Alexander respond to Darius' settlement offer after Issus?
2. Where did Alexander travel after Gaugamela?
3. For his 336 BC to 335 BC military campaign, what kind of training did Alexander have his troops undergo?
4. In which year did the Persians capture Sidon from the Greeks?
5. What city state did Alexander attack in 336 BC as he pushed toward the Danube River?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)