|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 270-298.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who financed the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
2. What was the first town to which Alexander came in the Persian campaign?
3. How did Darius of Persia respond to the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
(a) He supported it, because he was a staunch ally of Thebes.
(b) He did not support it, preferring to let the Greeks handle their own affairs.
(c) He did not support it, and tried to conquer the city himself.
(d) He supported it, knowing that it would stall Alexander from invading Persia.
4. In a settlement after Issus, Darius offered to cede lands west of which river?
5. What title was given to Alexander after the battle of Gaugamela?
(a) King of the Gaugamelites.
(b) Lord of Asia.
(c) King of the World.
(d) Pharaoh of Egypt.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which year did the Persians capture Sidon from the Greeks?
2. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
3. In what financial state did Philip leave Macedonia when he died?
4. Which BEST characterizes the environment in which Alexander as a child was brought up?
5. Which was NOT one of the types of troops Alexander included in his army that battled the Persians?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)