|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 270-298.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the ultimate result of the uprising of Thebes in 335 BC?
(a) Thebes' brokered a peace and became part of Alexander's kingdom.
(b) The city was burned to the ground, but Alexander spared all its citizens.
(c) Thebes' citizens were massacred, but the city was left as a fortress.
(d) Thebes' citizens were massacred and the city was burned to the ground.
2. Who did Alexander send to Sousa after leaving Gaugamela?
3. During the battle of Granicus River, where was Alexander located?
(a) He was in Athens receiving further counsel from Aristotle.
(b) He fought alongside his men.
(c) He was in Pella trying to raise money for the war effort.
(d) He watched the battle unfold from a nearby hill.
4. What made Tyre difficult to capture?
(a) Its army was exceedingly well trained.
(b) It was located on an island, and had walls on the shores.
(c) It received funding for warships from Demosthenes.
(d) Its citizens were violent religious zealots.
5. In January 330 BC, Alexander traveled to which city?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mieza was known for what export?
2. What title was given to Alexander after the battle of Gaugamela?
3. What action did Alexander take before and after crossing the Dardanelles River in the Persian campaign?
4. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
5. In 335 BC, who commanded Persian military forces?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)