|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 379-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alexander led his army to which country in the summer of 331 BC?
2. What challenge did Alexander have to overcome at Jhelum River?
(a) His enemy's formidable war elephants.
(b) A great heat wave.
(c) The fact that most of his army abandoned him.
(d) Extremely uncertain footing on the banks of the river.
3. What strategy did Alexander use to defeat the Indian army?
(a) He used complex siege tactics with catapults and trebuchets.
(b) He divided his army.
(c) He used only his most veteran warriors.
(d) He had the leader assassinated.
4. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Thebes offer its surrender?
(a) City leaders demanded that Alexander conquer their enemy, Thrace.
(b) City leaders demanded Alexander relinquish the Macedonian crown.
(c) City leaders demanded that their women survive unharmed.
(d) City leaders demanded the surrender of two of Alexander's military leaders.
5. Who was the leader of Gaza when Alexander arrived at the city?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the ultimate result of the uprising of Thebes in 335 BC?
2. How did Darius of Persia respond to the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
3. What was the ratio of Persians to Macedonians at Gaugamela?
4. In which Egyptian city was Alexander proclaimed Pharaoh of Egypt?
5. In which month did the battle of Gaugamela take place?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)