|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 379-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Alexander do to initially confuse the Indian army at the Jhelum River?
(a) He paraded a group of elephants to show the Indian army leader he had an army of elephants.
(b) He showed only a portion of his army, and kept the majority of the army hidden from view.
(c) He made the Indian army leader believe the gods were against him.
(d) He let conflicting intelligence about his movements reach the Indian army leader.
2. In what year was the battle of Pelium fought?
(a) 335 BC.
(b) 320 BC.
(c) 480 BC.
(d) 128 AD.
3. In 331 BC, how did Alexander learn about Darius' plan to attack him at the Tigris River?
(a) Captured Persian scouts confessed as much.
(b) Alexander's own scouts reported Darius' troop movements.
(c) He claimed to have a visit from his father, Zeus.
(d) Darius' consort betrayed his plans to Alexander.
4. For his 336 BC to 335 BC military campaign, what kind of training did Alexander have his troops undergo?
(a) Amphibious warfare.
(b) Desert warfare.
(c) Mountain warfare.
(d) Naval warfare.
5. What city state did Alexander attack in 336 BC as he pushed toward the Danube River?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who financed the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
2. How long did Alexander spend in Egypt in total?
3. How long did Gaza hold out against Alexander's pressure?
4. What was Alexander's extent of knowledge of Indian geography, upon entering India?
5. What strategy did Alexander use to defeat the Indian army?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)