|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 379-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was the battle of Pelium fought?
(a) 128 AD.
(b) 320 BC.
(c) 335 BC.
(d) 480 BC.
2. What was NOT one of the actions Alexander took after his father was murdered?
(a) He personally murdered Cleopatra's baby and possible heir to the throne, Cananis.
(b) He maintained the overall principles of his father's administration.
(c) He had several of his political enemies murdered.
(d) He gave key positions to friends returned from exile.
3. To what land did Alexander plan travel to after India?
4. In 335 BC, who commanded Persian military forces?
(a) Xerxes I.
(d) Memnon of Rhodes.
5. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
(a) He demanded that the leaders of the revolt surrender.
(b) He demanded all religious iconography in the city to be destroyed.
(c) He demanded that all the men of Thebes be imprisoned.
(d) He demanded all of the city's gold reserves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What challenge did Alexander have to overcome at Jhelum River?
2. Alexander believed which god was his true father?
3. Who led the Indian army that opposed Alexander in India?
4. In 331 BC, how did Alexander learn about Darius' plan to attack him at the Tigris River?
5. When Alexander separated his troops after Massago, where did he send the troops he would not be leading?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)