|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 379-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which Egyptian city was Alexander proclaimed Pharaoh of Egypt?
2. In 331 BC, how did Alexander learn about Darius' plan to attack him at the Tigris River?
(a) He claimed to have a visit from his father, Zeus.
(b) Alexander's own scouts reported Darius' troop movements.
(c) Darius' consort betrayed his plans to Alexander.
(d) Captured Persian scouts confessed as much.
3. Why did Alexander ultimately stop his push eastward into Arabia?
(a) He became frightened, because legend told of an end to the world.
(b) He wished to settle down and raise a family with Roxanne.
(c) His mutinous troops forced him to stop.
(d) He was told by prophets that further movement would end in disaster.
4. Who led the Indian army that opposed Alexander in India?
5. What was the ultimate result of the uprising of Thebes in 335 BC?
(a) Thebes' brokered a peace and became part of Alexander's kingdom.
(b) Thebes' citizens were massacred, but the city was left as a fortress.
(c) The city was burned to the ground, but Alexander spared all its citizens.
(d) Thebes' citizens were massacred and the city was burned to the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was the battle of Pelium fought?
2. How long did Alexander spend in Egypt in total?
3. What challenge did Alexander have to overcome at Jhelum River?
4. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
5. What did Alexander do to initially confuse the Indian army at the Jhelum River?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)