|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 379-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was the battle of Pelium fought?
(a) 320 BC.
(b) 480 BC.
(c) 335 BC.
(d) 128 AD.
2. After Tyre, all coastal cities fell to Alexander with the exception of which city?
3. What was Thebes' immediate reaction to Alexander assuming the Macedonian throne?
(a) They tried to bribe members of the Macedonian assembly to depose Alexander.
(b) They openly accepted Alexander as their king.
(c) They expelled Alexander's troops from the city.
(d) They kidnapped Alexander's mother Olympias.
4. How long did Gaza hold out against Alexander's pressure?
(a) Two months.
(b) One year.
(c) It immediately surrendered.
(d) Three days.
5. To what land did Alexander plan travel to after India?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who led the Indian army that opposed Alexander in India?
2. When Alexander separated his troops after Massago, where did he send the troops he would not be leading?
3. What challenge did Alexander have to overcome at Jhelum River?
4. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
5. Alexander believed which god was his true father?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)