|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 379-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For his 336 BC to 335 BC military campaign, what kind of training did Alexander have his troops undergo?
(a) Naval warfare.
(b) Mountain warfare.
(c) Desert warfare.
(d) Amphibious warfare.
2. Why did Alexander ultimately stop his push eastward into Arabia?
(a) He became frightened, because legend told of an end to the world.
(b) He was told by prophets that further movement would end in disaster.
(c) He wished to settle down and raise a family with Roxanne.
(d) His mutinous troops forced him to stop.
3. In 331 BC, how did Alexander learn about Darius' plan to attack him at the Tigris River?
(a) He claimed to have a visit from his father, Zeus.
(b) Captured Persian scouts confessed as much.
(c) Alexander's own scouts reported Darius' troop movements.
(d) Darius' consort betrayed his plans to Alexander.
4. On what island did Alexander build the city of Alexandria?
5. In which Egyptian city was Alexander proclaimed Pharaoh of Egypt?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Alexander separated his troops after Massago, where did he send the troops he would not be leading?
2. After Massago, what action did Alexander take with his army?
3. What challenge did Alexander have to overcome at Jhelum River?
4. Who killed Amyntus and Caranus?
5. What was the ratio of Persians to Macedonians at Gaugamela?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)