|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 379-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alexander led his army to which country in the summer of 331 BC?
2. On what island did Alexander build the city of Alexandria?
3. Who led the Indian army that opposed Alexander in India?
4. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Thebes offer its surrender?
(a) City leaders demanded the surrender of two of Alexander's military leaders.
(b) City leaders demanded that their women survive unharmed.
(c) City leaders demanded Alexander relinquish the Macedonian crown.
(d) City leaders demanded that Alexander conquer their enemy, Thrace.
5. In which Egyptian city was Alexander proclaimed Pharaoh of Egypt?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was the battle of Pelium fought?
2. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
3. What city state did Alexander attack in 336 BC as he pushed toward the Danube River?
4. What strategy did Alexander use to defeat the Indian army?
5. How did Darius of Persia respond to the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)