|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 379-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What battle is said to be Alexander's greatest strategic triumph?
(c) Jhelum River.
2. What was Thebes' immediate reaction to Alexander assuming the Macedonian throne?
(a) They openly accepted Alexander as their king.
(b) They kidnapped Alexander's mother Olympias.
(c) They tried to bribe members of the Macedonian assembly to depose Alexander.
(d) They expelled Alexander's troops from the city.
3. How long did Alexander spend in Egypt in total?
(a) Three days.
(b) Fourteen months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Three months.
4. How did Darius of Persia respond to the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
(a) He did not support it, preferring to let the Greeks handle their own affairs.
(b) He supported it, knowing that it would stall Alexander from invading Persia.
(c) He did not support it, and tried to conquer the city himself.
(d) He supported it, because he was a staunch ally of Thebes.
5. What city state did Alexander attack in 336 BC as he pushed toward the Danube River?
Short Answer Questions
1. What strategy did Alexander take in regards to Ambphi?
2. Who was the leader of Gaza when Alexander arrived at the city?
3. What was Alexander's extent of knowledge of Indian geography, upon entering India?
4. Alexander led his army to which country in the summer of 331 BC?
5. In what year was the battle of Pelium fought?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)