|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 379-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What battle is said to be Alexander's greatest strategic triumph?
(b) Jhelum River.
2. After Massago, what action did Alexander take with his army?
(a) He paid them to marry Massago women.
(b) He dismissed any man who did not believe in the mission.
(c) He executed the majority of his soldiers.
(d) He split his army up.
3. How long did Alexander spend in Egypt in total?
(a) Three months.
(b) Fourteen months.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two years.
4. To what land did Alexander plan travel to after India?
5. Alexander led his army to which country in the summer of 331 BC?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who led the Indian army that opposed Alexander in India?
2. What strategy did Alexander take in regards to Ambphi?
3. In what year was the battle of Pelium fought?
4. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
5. In which month did the battle of Gaugamela take place?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)