|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 379-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which month did the battle of Gaugamela take place?
2. What was Alexander's extent of knowledge of Indian geography, upon entering India?
(a) Aristotle had taught him about the major geographical features of India.
(b) Having traveled there twice in the past, he was quite knowledgeable about Indian geography.
(c) He claimed to have been divinely told about Indian geography, angering his troops.
(d) He had no knowledge of Indian geography.
3. How did Darius of Persia respond to the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
(a) He did not support it, preferring to let the Greeks handle their own affairs.
(b) He supported it, knowing that it would stall Alexander from invading Persia.
(c) He did not support it, and tried to conquer the city himself.
(d) He supported it, because he was a staunch ally of Thebes.
4. After Tyre, all coastal cities fell to Alexander with the exception of which city?
5. How many people did Alexander massacre at Massago?
(a) He entered Massago peacefully.
(b) Three hundred.
(c) Seven thousand.
(d) Forty thousand.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Thebes offer its surrender?
2. How long did Alexander spend in Egypt in total?
3. What strategy did Alexander take in regards to Ambphi?
4. Why did Alexander ultimately stop his push eastward into Arabia?
5. On what island did Alexander build the city of Alexandria?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)