|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 379-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Massago, what action did Alexander take with his army?
(a) He executed the majority of his soldiers.
(b) He paid them to marry Massago women.
(c) He dismissed any man who did not believe in the mission.
(d) He split his army up.
2. How did Darius of Persia respond to the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
(a) He did not support it, preferring to let the Greeks handle their own affairs.
(b) He supported it, because he was a staunch ally of Thebes.
(c) He did not support it, and tried to conquer the city himself.
(d) He supported it, knowing that it would stall Alexander from invading Persia.
3. How long did Gaza hold out against Alexander's pressure?
(a) It immediately surrendered.
(b) Three days.
(c) Two months.
(d) One year.
4. On what island did Alexander build the city of Alexandria?
5. Alexander led his army to which country in the summer of 331 BC?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which Egyptian city was Alexander proclaimed Pharaoh of Egypt?
2. What was the ratio of Persians to Macedonians at Gaugamela?
3. What battle is said to be Alexander's greatest strategic triumph?
4. How long did Alexander spend in Egypt in total?
5. Who financed the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)