|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 379-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Thebes offer its surrender?
(a) City leaders demanded that Alexander conquer their enemy, Thrace.
(b) City leaders demanded Alexander relinquish the Macedonian crown.
(c) City leaders demanded that their women survive unharmed.
(d) City leaders demanded the surrender of two of Alexander's military leaders.
2. How long did Alexander spend in Egypt in total?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three days.
(c) Fourteen months.
(d) Two years.
3. For his 336 BC to 335 BC military campaign, what kind of training did Alexander have his troops undergo?
(a) Amphibious warfare.
(b) Naval warfare.
(c) Mountain warfare.
(d) Desert warfare.
4. How long did Gaza hold out against Alexander's pressure?
(a) Two months.
(b) Three days.
(c) One year.
(d) It immediately surrendered.
5. What was Thebes' immediate reaction to Alexander assuming the Macedonian throne?
(a) They expelled Alexander's troops from the city.
(b) They openly accepted Alexander as their king.
(c) They kidnapped Alexander's mother Olympias.
(d) They tried to bribe members of the Macedonian assembly to depose Alexander.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the leader of Gaza when Alexander arrived at the city?
2. How many people did Alexander massacre at Massago?
3. When Alexander separated his troops after Massago, where did he send the troops he would not be leading?
4. Who killed Amyntus and Caranus?
5. In 335 BC, who commanded Persian military forces?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)