|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 379-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Tyre, all coastal cities fell to Alexander with the exception of which city?
2. How long did Gaza hold out against Alexander's pressure?
(a) Two months.
(b) One year.
(c) It immediately surrendered.
(d) Three days.
3. What did Alexander do to initially confuse the Indian army at the Jhelum River?
(a) He let conflicting intelligence about his movements reach the Indian army leader.
(b) He showed only a portion of his army, and kept the majority of the army hidden from view.
(c) He paraded a group of elephants to show the Indian army leader he had an army of elephants.
(d) He made the Indian army leader believe the gods were against him.
4. Who killed Amyntus and Caranus?
5. Who financed the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which Egyptian city was Alexander proclaimed Pharaoh of Egypt?
2. Alexander believed which god was his true father?
3. When Alexander separated his troops after Massago, where did he send the troops he would not be leading?
4. In which month did the battle of Gaugamela take place?
5. What battle is said to be Alexander's greatest strategic triumph?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)