|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 379-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alexander believed which god was his true father?
2. On what island did Alexander build the city of Alexandria?
3. Why did Alexander ultimately stop his push eastward into Arabia?
(a) His mutinous troops forced him to stop.
(b) He was told by prophets that further movement would end in disaster.
(c) He became frightened, because legend told of an end to the world.
(d) He wished to settle down and raise a family with Roxanne.
4. When Alexander separated his troops after Massago, where did he send the troops he would not be leading?
(a) Back to Macedonia.
(b) Through the Khyber Pass.
(c) To Arabia.
(d) North to Russia.
5. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
(a) He demanded all of the city's gold reserves.
(b) He demanded that all the men of Thebes be imprisoned.
(c) He demanded that the leaders of the revolt surrender.
(d) He demanded all religious iconography in the city to be destroyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. For his 336 BC to 335 BC military campaign, what kind of training did Alexander have his troops undergo?
2. What strategy did Alexander take in regards to Ambphi?
3. Alexander led his army to which country in the summer of 331 BC?
4. To what land did Alexander plan travel to after India?
5. What city state did Alexander attack in 336 BC as he pushed toward the Danube River?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)