|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 379-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What battle is said to be Alexander's greatest strategic triumph?
(d) Jhelum River.
2. To what land did Alexander plan travel to after India?
3. Who killed Amyntus and Caranus?
4. In the summer of 331 BC, where did Darius stage his army?
5. Who was the leader of Gaza when Alexander arrived at the city?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who led the Indian army that opposed Alexander in India?
2. How long did Gaza hold out against Alexander's pressure?
3. When Alexander separated his troops after Massago, where did he send the troops he would not be leading?
4. What was the ultimate result of the uprising of Thebes in 335 BC?
5. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Alexander offer Thebes amnesty?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)