|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 379-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Thebes' immediate reaction to Alexander assuming the Macedonian throne?
(a) They tried to bribe members of the Macedonian assembly to depose Alexander.
(b) They openly accepted Alexander as their king.
(c) They kidnapped Alexander's mother Olympias.
(d) They expelled Alexander's troops from the city.
2. In the summer of 331 BC, where did Darius stage his army?
3. What strategy did Alexander take in regards to Ambphi?
(a) He crushed the city in a massacre.
(b) He was nice and generous, as he needed their help.
(c) He skipped the city over, for larger conquests.
(d) He recruited all the men of Ambphi into his army.
4. On what island did Alexander build the city of Alexandria?
5. Why did Alexander ultimately stop his push eastward into Arabia?
(a) His mutinous troops forced him to stop.
(b) He was told by prophets that further movement would end in disaster.
(c) He became frightened, because legend told of an end to the world.
(d) He wished to settle down and raise a family with Roxanne.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Gaza hold out against Alexander's pressure?
2. What was Alexander's extent of knowledge of Indian geography, upon entering India?
3. In which Egyptian city was Alexander proclaimed Pharaoh of Egypt?
4. Alexander believed which god was his true father?
5. Alexander led his army to which country in the summer of 331 BC?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)