|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 379-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the summer of 331 BC, where did Darius stage his army?
2. To what land did Alexander plan travel to after India?
3. When Alexander separated his troops after Massago, where did he send the troops he would not be leading?
(a) Back to Macedonia.
(b) Through the Khyber Pass.
(c) North to Russia.
(d) To Arabia.
4. After Massago, what action did Alexander take with his army?
(a) He dismissed any man who did not believe in the mission.
(b) He split his army up.
(c) He paid them to marry Massago women.
(d) He executed the majority of his soldiers.
5. What was Thebes' immediate reaction to Alexander assuming the Macedonian throne?
(a) They openly accepted Alexander as their king.
(b) They expelled Alexander's troops from the city.
(c) They kidnapped Alexander's mother Olympias.
(d) They tried to bribe members of the Macedonian assembly to depose Alexander.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 331 BC, how did Alexander learn about Darius' plan to attack him at the Tigris River?
2. In which month did the battle of Gaugamela take place?
3. What was the ultimate result of the uprising of Thebes in 335 BC?
4. During the uprising of 335 BC, on what condition did Thebes offer its surrender?
5. Alexander led his army to which country in the summer of 331 BC?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)