|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 379-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which Egyptian city was Alexander proclaimed Pharaoh of Egypt?
2. How long did Gaza hold out against Alexander's pressure?
(a) One year.
(b) It immediately surrendered.
(c) Two months.
(d) Three days.
3. How did Darius of Persia respond to the Thebes uprising of 335 BC?
(a) He supported it, knowing that it would stall Alexander from invading Persia.
(b) He supported it, because he was a staunch ally of Thebes.
(c) He did not support it, preferring to let the Greeks handle their own affairs.
(d) He did not support it, and tried to conquer the city himself.
4. What was Thebes' immediate reaction to Alexander assuming the Macedonian throne?
(a) They expelled Alexander's troops from the city.
(b) They kidnapped Alexander's mother Olympias.
(c) They tried to bribe members of the Macedonian assembly to depose Alexander.
(d) They openly accepted Alexander as their king.
5. What was NOT one of the actions Alexander took after his father was murdered?
(a) He personally murdered Cleopatra's baby and possible heir to the throne, Cananis.
(b) He maintained the overall principles of his father's administration.
(c) He gave key positions to friends returned from exile.
(d) He had several of his political enemies murdered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city state did Alexander attack in 336 BC as he pushed toward the Danube River?
2. How long did Alexander spend in Egypt in total?
3. After Massago, what action did Alexander take with his army?
4. How many people did Alexander massacre at Massago?
5. Alexander believed which god was his true father?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)