|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 379-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strategy did Alexander use to defeat the Indian army?
(a) He used complex siege tactics with catapults and trebuchets.
(b) He used only his most veteran warriors.
(c) He had the leader assassinated.
(d) He divided his army.
2. Alexander led his army to which country in the summer of 331 BC?
3. What was the ratio of Persians to Macedonians at Gaugamela?
(a) Five to One.
(b) One to One.
(c) One to Five.
(d) One-hundred to One.
4. In which Egyptian city was Alexander proclaimed Pharaoh of Egypt?
5. In which month did the battle of Gaugamela take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Massago, what action did Alexander take with his army?
2. What strategy did Alexander take in regards to Ambphi?
3. What was Thebes' immediate reaction to Alexander assuming the Macedonian throne?
4. What battle is said to be Alexander's greatest strategic triumph?
5. How many people did Alexander massacre at Massago?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)