|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 379-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Thebes' immediate reaction to Alexander assuming the Macedonian throne?
(a) They expelled Alexander's troops from the city.
(b) They openly accepted Alexander as their king.
(c) They tried to bribe members of the Macedonian assembly to depose Alexander.
(d) They kidnapped Alexander's mother Olympias.
2. What was the ratio of Persians to Macedonians at Gaugamela?
(a) Five to One.
(b) One-hundred to One.
(c) One to One.
(d) One to Five.
3. Who led the Indian army that opposed Alexander in India?
4. For his 336 BC to 335 BC military campaign, what kind of training did Alexander have his troops undergo?
(a) Desert warfare.
(b) Mountain warfare.
(c) Naval warfare.
(d) Amphibious warfare.
5. How long did Alexander spend in Egypt in total?
(a) Fourteen months.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three months.
(d) Two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Alexander's extent of knowledge of Indian geography, upon entering India?
2. On what island did Alexander build the city of Alexandria?
3. Alexander believed which god was his true father?
4. After Tyre, all coastal cities fell to Alexander with the exception of which city?
5. Who killed Amyntus and Caranus?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)