1. In what year was Alexander the Great born?
(a) 120 AD.
(b) 356 BC.
(c) 3 AD.
(d) 808 BC.
2. Where was Alexander the Great born?
3. What regions was Macedonia divided into prior to Alexander's birth?
(a) Jungle Macedonia and Desert Macedonia.
(b) North, East, South, and West Macedonia.
(c) Eastern Macedonia and Western Macedonia.
(d) Upper Macedonia and Lower Macedonia.
4. How could Macedonia be characterized prior to Philip's rule?
(a) Mystical and feared.
(b) Weak and insignificant.
(c) Peaceful and powerful.
(d) Warlike and imperial.
5. What was the Macedonian infantry known as?
(a) The Foot Companions.
(b) Ground Quake.
(c) The Fighting Macedons.
(d) The Warrior Eagles.
6. What was the main weapon of the Macedonian infantry under King Philip?
(a) Double-bladed axe.
(d) Short sword.
7. What kind of military leader was King Philip?
(a) He did not keep much of an army during his reign.
(b) He was a strict disciplinarian.
(c) He relied heavily on improvisation and instinct.
(d) He was a procrastinator who did not insist on high standards.
This section contains 5,392 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)