1. In what year was Alexander the Great born?
(a) 3 AD.
(b) 120 AD.
(c) 808 BC.
(d) 356 BC.
2. Where was Alexander the Great born?
3. What regions was Macedonia divided into prior to Alexander's birth?
(a) Jungle Macedonia and Desert Macedonia.
(b) Eastern Macedonia and Western Macedonia.
(c) Upper Macedonia and Lower Macedonia.
(d) North, East, South, and West Macedonia.
4. How could Macedonia be characterized prior to Philip's rule?
(a) Weak and insignificant.
(b) Mystical and feared.
(c) Peaceful and powerful.
(d) Warlike and imperial.
5. What was the Macedonian infantry known as?
(a) The Fighting Macedons.
(b) The Foot Companions.
(c) Ground Quake.
(d) The Warrior Eagles.
6. What was the main weapon of the Macedonian infantry under King Philip?
(b) Short sword.
(d) Double-bladed axe.
7. What kind of military leader was King Philip?
(a) He was a procrastinator who did not insist on high standards.
(b) He did not keep much of an army during his reign.
(c) He relied heavily on improvisation and instinct.
(d) He was a strict disciplinarian.
This section contains 5,392 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)