Essay Topic 1
1) Describe Macedonia prior to King Philip's rule, including its location in the world, neighboring states, geography, and relative political power.
2) Describe the political system in Macedonia prior to King Philip's rule. How was the system organized? What code of laws was in place?
3) Describe the circumstances that contributed to Macedonia's rise in power and influence under King Philip II.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the upbringing Alexander experienced prior to studying with Aristotle, with the experience Alexander had with his years of study with Aristotle. How was Alexander's life different in each setting? What values did Alexander absorb in each setting?
Essay Topic 3
1) Describe the political situation with which Philip had to deal in 939 BC and into 938 BC. How did he manage to emerge victorious, forcing a showdown at Chaeronaea?
2) Discuss how the battle of Chaeronaea proceeded. How did Alexander and Philip achieve victory? Discuss the...
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)