|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Acting President announce on the radio?
(a) that the war is still going on
(b) that Reserve Officers have her authority
(c) that the war is over
(d) that food and medicine will be brought into the area
2. Why did the mayor barricade himself in at home while Randy arranged something for Porky?
(a) he was worried he'd get sick
(b) he was afraid of dead bodies
(c) he was afraid of the crowds
(d) he didn't want to be a pall bearer
3. What does Randy think the highwaymen are using to find people vulnerable to them?
(a) their children
(b) the notices at the bandstand
(c) a pair of binoculars
(d) a female spy
4. What month seems to be one with plenty of food?
5. What was wrong with the children Dan went to treat?
(b) whooping cough
(d) chicken pox
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Conelrad say people should do for water?
2. What is starting to run out in Ft. Repose in August?
3. Who is driving Randy when they find the highwaymen?
4. What color is Dan's beard?
5. Where does Randy find out about Blue Crab Run?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do they take care of Porky Logan's body?
2. What are some of the things Randy discovers a few months after the Day, what does he miss and how does he feel?
3. What happens to Ben the night Dan is robbed?
4. What happens to the Admiral's shortwave and what can be done about it?
5. How does Dan keep his car going and the Admiral's radio working?
6. What happens when Malachai stops at the ambush?
7. What does Rita say about the highwaymen and what does she do?
8. When were Lib and Randy married? Who performed the service? What did the bride and groom wear?
9. What has happened to the electrical service at Ft. Repose?
10. How do Dan and Randy figure out where the illness is coming from?
This section contains 1,084 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)