|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What provides news from the outside?
(a) announcements from low flying planes
(b) the Admiral's shortwave radio
(c) emergency broadcasts on the radio
(d) a navy field phone
2. Who is driving Randy when they find the highwaymen?
(b) Bill McGovern
3. What two essential services were lost from the power failure?
(a) television and radio
(b) loss of heat and running water
(c) automobiles and trains
(d) planes and telephones
4. How was Porky Logan buried?
(a) he was creamated
(b) he was taken to the radioactive zone
(c) taken out to sea
(d) in a lead lined casket
5. What does Randy think the highwaymen are using to find people vulnerable to them?
(a) their children
(b) a pair of binoculars
(c) a female spy
(d) the notices at the bandstand
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has been stealing the Henrs' chickens?
2. Who do they find dead in bed with a case of jewelry?
3. Where does the car behind Randy herd them?
4. Where was Lib when Randy returned home from the Porky affair?
5. What type of illness in town has Dan worried?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Randy plan to do about water for the house?
2. What has Peyton found in the attic and what does Randy say to her?
3. What is Dan using for antiseptic and for anesthetic?
4. What does Randy think about the highwaymen after Dan tells him his story?
5. What is the problem the community is having with salt and fish?
6. How do Dan and Randy figure out where the illness is coming from?
7. How does Dan keep his car going and the Admiral's radio working?
8. How does Randy plan to find and battle the highwaymen?
9. What does Randy see when the highwaymen ambush him and what does he do?
10. What kind of illness in town worries Dan and who seems to have it?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)