|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets Dan to stop on the way home from seeing the children?
(a) a woman on the side of the road
(b) a hit dog
(c) two armed men
(d) two children
2. What happens to Dan when he tries to keep his medical bag?
(a) his hand is broken
(c) he is beaten unconscious
(d) he is shot
3. How is the new corn whiskey used by Dan?
(a) he doesn't use it
(b) an anti-depressant
(c) as antiseptic
(d) a sleeping aid
4. Where does the car behind Randy herd them?
(a) to the forest
(b) to the ocean
(c) to a blocked bridge
(d) to Jim Hickey's house
5. What does Randy buy from Pete Hernandez for two hundred dollars?
(a) twenty pounds of salt
(b) five jars of jam
(c) four hams
(d) a hundred candles
6. Who does Peyton ask about fishing?
(b) Admiral Hazzard
(c) Preacher Henry
(d) Bill McGovern
7. Where did Dan stop to look for notices of sick people?
(a) the drugstore
(b) his old office
(c) the hardware store
(d) the Bandstand
8. What does Randy wear to his wedding?
(a) his uniform
(b) shorts and T-shirt
(c) a tuxedo
(d) a white suit
9. What happened at Dan's office?
(a) it was burned down
(b) it was broken into by drug addicts
(c) Dan doesn't have an office?
(d) it was overrun with patients
10. Why does Ben need surgery?
(b) gun shot wound
(c) broken arm, compound
11. From where did they get candy for the children in Chapter 10?
(a) from Caleb
(b) from Jim Hickey
(c) from Admiral Hazzard
(d) from the grocery store
12. Where does Randy get a case of Mason jars?
(a) Beck's hardware
(b) the A & P store
(c) the drugstore
(d) at an antique store
13. Where was Lib when Randy returned home from the Porky affair?
(a) at the river
(b) at her old house
(c) in his bed
(d) in a tall cabbage palm tree
14. Who is driving Randy when they find the highwaymen?
(c) Bill McGovern
15. Why does Bill want Randy's lawn roller?
(a) to smooth out the road
(b) for a corn mill
(c) to hunt for snakes
(d) to make bricks
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dan keep gas in his car?
2. What does the Acting President announce on the radio?
3. With what does Randy shave?
4. What did Dan follow when going home after his car was taken?
5. How does Randy plan to get drinking water for his house?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)