|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Randy invite to move into his house?
(a) Lib and Bill McGovern
(b) Preacher Henry
(c) Florence and Alice
(d) Pete and Rita Hernandez
2. What does Randy take to town to barter for coffee?
(a) three loafs of bread
(b) some ammunition
(c) a dozen eggs
(d) a bottle of Scotch
3. What will Randy be driving when he goes after the highwaymen?
(a) a tank
(b) his Bonneville
(c) an Brink's armored truck
(d) a grocery truck
4. With what does Randy shave?
(a) his hunting knife
(b) a bread knife
(c) his pen knife
(d) his razor
5. What does Peyton find that lifts everyone's spirits?
(a) toliet paper
(b) four old kerosene lanterns
(c) a box of candy bars
(d) an old wind-up phonograph player
6. Where does Randy get a case of Mason jars?
(a) at an antique store
(b) the A & P store
(c) Beck's hardware
(d) the drugstore
7. What does Randy buy from Pete Hernandez for two hundred dollars?
(a) four hams
(b) five jars of jam
(c) a hundred candles
(d) twenty pounds of salt
8. What does Randy decide about the Henrys' hens?
(a) they must be guarded
(b) they should be killed for the meat
(c) they need to be locked up
(d) he has nothing to say about the hens
9. What does the Acting President announce on the radio?
(a) that Reserve Officers have her authority
(b) that the war is over
(c) that the war is still going on
(d) that food and medicine will be brought into the area
10. On what day do Lib and Randy marry?
(b) Easter Sunday
(c) first day of summer
(d) Memorial Day
11. What does Randy do after returning home with the decoy truck?
(a) asks Helen to move out
(b) asks Lib to marry him
(c) goes to Sam Hazzard's
(d) punishes Ben for not obeying his mother
12. How was Porky Logan buried?
(a) he was taken to the radioactive zone
(b) in a lead lined casket
(c) taken out to sea
(d) he was creamated
13. What is the wedding present Bill gives Lib and Randy?
(a) Dan will move in with him
(b) a new rifle he had in his house
(c) the house on the river
(d) a sailboat
14. What does Randy think the highwaymen are using to find people vulnerable to them?
(a) a pair of binoculars
(b) their children
(c) the notices at the bandstand
(d) a female spy
15. What does Randy do with the highwayman who was taken prisoner?
(a) puts him in jail
(b) shoots him
(c) hangs him
(d) turns him over to the Henrys
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Dan's beard?
2. Who does Peyton ask about fishing?
3. What is starting to run out in Ft. Repose in August?
4. What month seems to be one with plenty of food?
5. When do the highwaymen hit their victims?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)