|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dan keep gas in his car?
(a) barters medical services
(b) his car no longer runs
(c) gets it from a secret resevoir
(d) steals it
2. Where did Dan stop to look for notices of sick people?
(a) the hardware store
(b) his old office
(c) the drugstore
(d) the Bandstand
3. Why does Dan think Jim had a bad brood of bees?
(b) not enough sun
(c) too much sun
(d) not enough flowers
4. What is Randy dreaming about as he wakes at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) a hotel in Miami
(b) his father
(c) the bombs dropped on the day
(d) his brother
5. Where does the car behind Randy herd them?
(a) to a blocked bridge
(b) to the forest
(c) to Jim Hickey's house
(d) to the ocean
6. What does Randy do with the highwayman who was taken prisoner?
(a) hangs him
(b) turns him over to the Henrys
(c) puts him in jail
(d) shoots him
7. Who does Randy invite to move into his house?
(a) Pete and Rita Hernandez
(b) Lib and Bill McGovern
(c) Florence and Alice
(d) Preacher Henry
8. From where did they get candy for the children in Chapter 10?
(a) from Caleb
(b) from the grocery store
(c) from Jim Hickey
(d) from Admiral Hazzard
9. What is starting to run out in Ft. Repose in August?
(b) toliet paper
10. What happened to Jim Hickey?
(a) his wife left him
(b) he was killed by robbers
(c) his son died
(d) he disappeared
11. Who left a note his children were sick?
(a) Jim Hickey
(b) Pete Hernandez
(c) Herbert Sunbury
(d) Bruce McCllan
12. What happened at Dan's office?
(a) it was broken into by drug addicts
(b) it was burned down
(c) it was overrun with patients
(d) Dan doesn't have an office?
13. Why does Randy decide to go over to the Admiral's after dinner?
(a) to get sworn in as a peace officer
(b) to take Lib for a walk
(c) to listen to the radio
(d) to see if Dan is there
14. What does Dan decide to use for anesthesia?
(d) poppy seeds
15. What did Dan follow when going home after his car was taken?
(a) the setting sun
(b) the road signs
(c) his tire marks
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Randy think the highwaymen are using to find people vulnerable to them?
2. What two essential services were lost from the power failure?
3. Who does Randy plan to ask about a military operation?
4. Who is the acting Chief Executive of the United States?
5. Who was shot during the battle with the highwaymen?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)