|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two essential services were lost from the power failure?
(a) television and radio
(b) planes and telephones
(c) loss of heat and running water
(d) automobiles and trains
2. What month seems to be one with plenty of food?
3. What provides news from the outside?
(a) a navy field phone
(b) the Admiral's shortwave radio
(c) announcements from low flying planes
(d) emergency broadcasts on the radio
4. What is the wedding present Bill gives Lib and Randy?
(a) Dan will move in with him
(b) the house on the river
(c) a new rifle he had in his house
(d) a sailboat
5. What does Randy tell Ben about his father?
(a) he will be coming back soon
(b) he is with the Chief Executive
(c) he is still in the hole at Omaha
(d) he is most likely dead
6. What does Dan decide to use for anesthesia?
(a) poppy seeds
7. Although Randy does not miss whiskey in the morning, what does he miss?
8. What does Randy do with the highwayman who was taken prisoner?
(a) turns him over to the Henrys
(b) hangs him
(c) puts him in jail
(d) shoots him
9. For what does Two-Tone ask Randy?
(a) to make corn whiskey
(b) some fishing supplies
(c) some ammunition
(d) some knifes
10. Where was Lib when Randy returned home from the Porky affair?
(a) in his bed
(b) in a tall cabbage palm tree
(c) at the river
(d) at her old house
11. How is the new corn whiskey used by Dan?
(a) a sleeping aid
(b) he doesn't use it
(c) an anti-depressant
(d) as antiseptic
12. Why does Randy decide to go over to the Admiral's after dinner?
(a) to take Lib for a walk
(b) to see if Dan is there
(c) to get sworn in as a peace officer
(d) to listen to the radio
13. Where does Randy find out about Blue Crab Run?
(a) from Preacher Henry
(b) from Florence
(c) an old family diary
(d) from a library book
14. Why did the mayor barricade himself in at home while Randy arranged something for Porky?
(a) he was worried he'd get sick
(b) he was afraid of the crowds
(c) he didn't want to be a pall bearer
(d) he was afraid of dead bodies
15. Who does Randy think was in south Florida on the day and came back sick?
(a) Porky Logan
(c) Pete Hernandez
(d) Lavinia McGovern
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to a lot of the parked cars in Ft. Repose?
2. What does Randy take to town to barter for coffee?
3. What type of illness in town has Dan worried?
4. What happened to Jim Hickey?
5. What did Dan follow when going home after his car was taken?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)