|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Acting President announce on the radio?
(a) that the war is still going on
(b) that the war is over
(c) that Reserve Officers have her authority
(d) that food and medicine will be brought into the area
2. Who does Peyton ask about fishing?
(a) Admiral Hazzard
(b) Preacher Henry
(c) Bill McGovern
3. Who marries Lib and Randy?
(a) Bill McGovern
(c) Preacher Henry
(d) Admiral Hazzard
4. What does Randy see when the highwaymen stop him?
(a) a large boulder in the road
(b) a downed tree
(c) Jim's jeep
(d) Dan's model A
5. For what does Two-Tone ask Randy?
(a) some fishing supplies
(b) some knifes
(c) to make corn whiskey
(d) some ammunition
6. When do the highwaymen hit their victims?
(a) at night
(b) at dusk
(c) during the day
(d) at dawn
7. Although Randy does not miss whiskey in the morning, what does he miss?
8. Who gets Dan to stop on the way home from seeing the children?
(a) a hit dog
(b) two children
(c) two armed men
(d) a woman on the side of the road
9. Who was shot during the battle with the highwaymen?
(a) Sam Hazzard
(b) Bill McGovern
10. What happens to Dan when he tries to keep his medical bag?
(a) he is beaten unconscious
(b) his hand is broken
(c) he is shot
11. Where does the car behind Randy herd them?
(a) to a blocked bridge
(b) to the forest
(c) to the ocean
(d) to Jim Hickey's house
12. From where did they get candy for the children in Chapter 10?
(a) from the grocery store
(b) from Jim Hickey
(c) from Admiral Hazzard
(d) from Caleb
13. Why does Ben need surgery?
(b) broken arm, compound
(c) gun shot wound
14. What does Randy do with the highwayman who was taken prisoner?
(a) turns him over to the Henrys
(b) hangs him
(c) shoots him
(d) puts him in jail
15. Where did Dan stop to look for notices of sick people?
(a) the hardware store
(b) the Bandstand
(c) his old office
(d) the drugstore
Short Answer Questions
1. What provides news from the outside?
2. Who has been stealing the Henrs' chickens?
3. What does Randy think the highwaymen are using to find people vulnerable to them?
4. What destroys power service to Timucuan County?
5. What happened to Jim Hickey?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)