|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Randy buy from Pete Hernandez for two hundred dollars?
(a) four hams
(b) twenty pounds of salt
(c) a hundred candles
(d) five jars of jam
2. What happened to the Admiral's radio?
(a) it fell in the water
(b) a tube burned out
(c) someone stole it
3. What does the Acting President announce on the radio?
(a) that Reserve Officers have her authority
(b) that the war is still going on
(c) that food and medicine will be brought into the area
(d) that the war is over
4. What does Helen find three days after the Day?
(a) an old bow with arrows
(b) a source of fresh vegetables
(c) the freezer is no longer cold
(d) Peyton can see again
5. What does Dan decide to use for anesthesia?
(c) poppy seeds
6. Why does Dan think Jim had a bad brood of bees?
(a) not enough sun
(c) too much sun
(d) not enough flowers
7. What is the wedding present Bill gives Lib and Randy?
(a) a sailboat
(b) the house on the river
(c) Dan will move in with him
(d) a new rifle he had in his house
8. Why did the mayor barricade himself in at home while Randy arranged something for Porky?
(a) he didn't want to be a pall bearer
(b) he was worried he'd get sick
(c) he was afraid of the crowds
(d) he was afraid of dead bodies
9. What does Randy take to town to barter for coffee?
(a) a bottle of Scotch
(b) some ammunition
(c) a dozen eggs
(d) three loafs of bread
10. Who was shot during the battle with the highwaymen?
(a) Sam Hazzard
(d) Bill McGovern
11. What does Randy do with the highwayman who was taken prisoner?
(a) puts him in jail
(b) turns him over to the Henrys
(c) hangs him
(d) shoots him
12. How does Randy plan to get drinking water for his house?
(a) from the river
(b) from artesian well irrigation water
(c) out of an old windmill
(d) he hasn't figured it out yet
13. Where was Lib when Randy returned home from the Porky affair?
(a) in a tall cabbage palm tree
(b) at the river
(c) in his bed
(d) at her old house
14. From where did they get candy for the children in Chapter 10?
(a) from the grocery store
(b) from Admiral Hazzard
(c) from Caleb
(d) from Jim Hickey
15. What color is Dan's beard?
(a) flaming red
(b) dark brown
(c) pitch black
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Randy do after returning home with the decoy truck?
2. Why does Randy decide to go over to the Admiral's after dinner?
3. Why does Ben need surgery?
4. For what does Two-Tone ask Randy?
5. What is Randy dreaming about as he wakes at the beginning of Chapter 10?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)