|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Randy get a case of Mason jars?
(a) at an antique store
(b) Beck's hardware
(c) the A & P store
(d) the drugstore
2. What provides news from the outside?
(a) the Admiral's shortwave radio
(b) a navy field phone
(c) emergency broadcasts on the radio
(d) announcements from low flying planes
3. What does Randy take to town to barter for coffee?
(a) some ammunition
(b) a dozen eggs
(c) a bottle of Scotch
(d) three loafs of bread
4. Why did the mayor barricade himself in at home while Randy arranged something for Porky?
(a) he was afraid of dead bodies
(b) he didn't want to be a pall bearer
(c) he was worried he'd get sick
(d) he was afraid of the crowds
5. What happened to the Admiral's radio?
(a) someone stole it
(b) a tube burned out
(c) it fell in the water
6. Although Randy does not miss whiskey in the morning, what does he miss?
7. What does Dan decide to use for anesthesia?
(b) poppy seeds
8. Where did Dan stop to look for notices of sick people?
(a) his old office
(b) the drugstore
(c) the hardware store
(d) the Bandstand
9. What does Helen find three days after the Day?
(a) Peyton can see again
(b) an old bow with arrows
(c) the freezer is no longer cold
(d) a source of fresh vegetables
10. On what day do Lib and Randy marry?
(a) Easter Sunday
(c) first day of summer
(d) Memorial Day
11. How do the Henrys think they are losing hens?
(b) dogs gone feral
(c) people stealing them
(d) wild cats or wolves
12. Who has been stealing the Henrs' chickens?
(a) two hound dogs
(b) a fox
(c) a wolve
(d) a German shepherd
13. What is Randy dreaming about as he wakes at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) a hotel in Miami
(b) his father
(c) the bombs dropped on the day
(d) his brother
14. What does Peyton find that lifts everyone's spirits?
(a) a box of candy bars
(b) an old wind-up phonograph player
(c) four old kerosene lanterns
(d) toliet paper
15. What does Conelrad say people should do for water?
(a) boil drinking water
(b) Red Cross trucks are bringing it in
(c) use swimming pools
(d) use the river
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the wedding present Bill gives Lib and Randy?
2. How was Porky Logan buried?
3. Who was shot during the battle with the highwaymen?
4. Where was Lib when Randy returned home from the Porky affair?
5. What type of illness in town has Dan worried?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)