|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although Randy does not miss whiskey in the morning, what does he miss?
2. Who marries Lib and Randy?
(a) Bill McGovern
(c) Preacher Henry
(d) Admiral Hazzard
3. Where does the car behind Randy herd them?
(a) to a blocked bridge
(b) to the forest
(c) to the ocean
(d) to Jim Hickey's house
4. What does Conelrad say people should do for water?
(a) boil drinking water
(b) use the river
(c) Red Cross trucks are bringing it in
(d) use swimming pools
5. What type of illness in town has Dan worried?
(a) radiation poisoning
6. What does Randy wear to his wedding?
(a) a tuxedo
(b) shorts and T-shirt
(c) a white suit
(d) his uniform
7. What does Randy buy from Pete Hernandez for two hundred dollars?
(a) five jars of jam
(b) a hundred candles
(c) twenty pounds of salt
(d) four hams
8. Why does Bill want Randy's lawn roller?
(a) to hunt for snakes
(b) to smooth out the road
(c) to make bricks
(d) for a corn mill
9. What will Randy be driving when he goes after the highwaymen?
(a) his Bonneville
(b) a grocery truck
(c) an Brink's armored truck
(d) a tank
10. What does Helen find three days after the Day?
(a) an old bow with arrows
(b) a source of fresh vegetables
(c) the freezer is no longer cold
(d) Peyton can see again
11. What happens to Dan when he tries to keep his medical bag?
(a) he is shot
(c) he is beaten unconscious
(d) his hand is broken
12. How was Porky Logan buried?
(a) he was taken to the radioactive zone
(b) taken out to sea
(c) he was creamated
(d) in a lead lined casket
13. What has become a popular entertainment in Ft. Repose since the day?
(a) board games
(c) reading at the library
(d) playing poker
14. Why does Randy decide to go over to the Admiral's after dinner?
(a) to listen to the radio
(b) to get sworn in as a peace officer
(c) to take Lib for a walk
(d) to see if Dan is there
15. Who does Randy invite to move into his house?
(a) Florence and Alice
(b) Lib and Bill McGovern
(c) Preacher Henry
(d) Pete and Rita Hernandez
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the wedding present Bill gives Lib and Randy?
2. What does the Acting President announce on the radio?
3. What kind of business does Bill Cullen have?
4. What does Randy do with the highwayman who was taken prisoner?
5. From where did they get candy for the children in Chapter 10?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)