|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peyton find that lifts everyone's spirits?
(a) an old wind-up phonograph player
(b) a box of candy bars
(c) toliet paper
(d) four old kerosene lanterns
2. What color is Dan's beard?
(a) pitch black
(b) dark brown
(d) flaming red
3. What does Randy decide about the Henrys' hens?
(a) they need to be locked up
(b) they should be killed for the meat
(c) they must be guarded
(d) he has nothing to say about the hens
4. Why is Peyton upset?
(a) there's no candy left in town
(b) Ben won't let her hunt
(c) her father hasn't come back yet
(d) she has to go to school
5. Why does Randy decide to go over to the Admiral's after dinner?
(a) to listen to the radio
(b) to take Lib for a walk
(c) to get sworn in as a peace officer
(d) to see if Dan is there
6. What does Randy see when the highwaymen stop him?
(a) Dan's model A
(b) a large boulder in the road
(c) a downed tree
(d) Jim's jeep
7. What does Dan tell the group when he comes home?
(a) he got lost on the way home
(b) he's seeing a woman
(c) his car broke down
(d) he was attacked and robbed by highwaymen
8. What does Randy think the highwaymen are using to find people vulnerable to them?
(a) the notices at the bandstand
(b) a pair of binoculars
(c) a female spy
(d) their children
9. What does Randy do with the highwayman who was taken prisoner?
(a) puts him in jail
(b) turns him over to the Henrys
(c) hangs him
(d) shoots him
10. What is Randy worried about when he sits down to a surprise dinner?
(a) Lib is leaving him
(b) Dan hasn't returned
(c) Helen is having a nervous breakdown
(d) Ben is still at the Henry's
11. What type of illness in town has Dan worried?
(d) radiation poisoning
12. When do the highwaymen hit their victims?
(a) during the day
(b) at dusk
(c) at dawn
(d) at night
13. What does Helen find three days after the Day?
(a) Peyton can see again
(b) an old bow with arrows
(c) a source of fresh vegetables
(d) the freezer is no longer cold
14. What provides news from the outside?
(a) the Admiral's shortwave radio
(b) announcements from low flying planes
(c) emergency broadcasts on the radio
(d) a navy field phone
15. Who is driving Randy when they find the highwaymen?
(a) Bill McGovern
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dan decide to use for anesthesia?
2. How does Randy plan to get drinking water for his house?
3. Who has been stealing the Henrs' chickens?
4. What has become a popular entertainment in Ft. Repose since the day?
5. What does the Acting President announce on the radio?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)