|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Randy tell Bubba about the cost of getting rid of Porky's body?
(a) it was the only safe thing to do
(b) not to be so stingy
(c) the government would pay him
(d) he was doing his patriotic duty
2. What does Randy think the highwaymen are using to find people vulnerable to them?
(a) the notices at the bandstand
(b) a pair of binoculars
(c) a female spy
(d) their children
3. Why does Dan think Jim had a bad brood of bees?
(a) too much sun
(c) not enough flowers
(d) not enough sun
4. Who is the acting Chief Executive of the United States?
(a) Mrs. Gardner
(b) Mr. Stephenfield
(c) Mrs. Vanbruuker-Brown
(d) Mr. Patterson
5. What color is Dan's beard?
(a) dark brown
(c) flaming red
(d) pitch black
6. Who does Randy think was in south Florida on the day and came back sick?
(a) Pete Hernandez
(c) Porky Logan
(d) Lavinia McGovern
7. What happened to Jim Hickey?
(a) his wife left him
(b) he was killed by robbers
(c) he disappeared
(d) his son died
8. What does Randy tell Ben about his father?
(a) he is most likely dead
(b) he is still in the hole at Omaha
(c) he will be coming back soon
(d) he is with the Chief Executive
9. What does Conelrad say people should do for water?
(a) Red Cross trucks are bringing it in
(b) use the river
(c) boil drinking water
(d) use swimming pools
10. What happened at Dan's office?
(a) it was overrun with patients
(b) Dan doesn't have an office?
(c) it was broken into by drug addicts
(d) it was burned down
11. Where does Randy get a case of Mason jars?
(a) the drugstore
(b) at an antique store
(c) the A & P store
(d) Beck's hardware
12. Where did Dan stop to look for notices of sick people?
(a) the Bandstand
(b) the drugstore
(c) the hardware store
(d) his old office
13. What does Randy take to town to barter for coffee?
(a) a bottle of Scotch
(b) some ammunition
(c) a dozen eggs
(d) three loafs of bread
14. What does Dan decide to use for anesthesia?
(c) poppy seeds
15. Why does Dan say the fish haven't been poisoned by radiation?
(a) it's too far north
(b) fish aren't affected by radiation
(c) there's no dead ones in the river
(d) he doesn't say that
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the mayor barricade himself in at home while Randy arranged something for Porky?
2. How was Porky Logan buried?
3. What does Randy see when the highwaymen stop him?
4. Where does Randy go to find a truck decoy for getting the highwaymen?
5. What does Randy decide about the Henrys' hens?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)