|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Missouri?
(a) Randy's maid and neighbor
(b) Florence's housemate
(c) a school teacher
(d) Randy's girlfriend
2. What does Dan do when Randy tells him about Mark's premonition?
(a) kills himself
(b) gets drunk
(c) writes war prescriptions
(d) decides to go to the city and get surgigal instruments
3. Who were Randy's parents?
(a) he doesn't know who his parents are
(b) Mildred and Daniel
(c) Gertrude and Bill Houston
(d) Gertrude and Judge Bragg
4. What holiday do the children believe they are spending in Florida?
(a) Labor Day
5. Why does the power suddenly go out in Ft. Repose?
(a) Jacksonville being bombed
(b) Pensacola being bombed
(c) Daytona being flooded by a tidal wave
(d) Orlando being bombed
6. Why does Peyton scream when they see another light?
(a) she's afraid
(b) the light has blinded her
(c) she slipped on the porch
(d) the dog scared her
7. What does Randy find out about the planes at McCoy?
(a) he doesn't find out anything about the planes
(b) they are in the air, circling
(c) they are in the hangers
(d) they've been sent to other airfields
8. Why does Randy think the period between 1870 and 1914 was wonderful?
(a) things were cheaper
(b) there was no pollution
(c) there was no war
(d) things were more simple
9. What does Florence Wechek do for work?
(a) Western Union manager
(c) truck driver
10. What does Mark do when he arrives at McCoy?
(a) asks to spend time alone with Randy
(b) leaves his family with Randy
(c) switches planes
(d) he talks to Paul and Randy
11. What has happened to the McGoverns' house?
(a) the front window is cracked
(b) it has burned down
(c) it is flooded
(d) it has collasped
12. What does Ben ask Randy?
(a) why there is no mushroom cloud
(b) where the lights are located
(c) if they are going to die
(d) where his father might be
13. Why does Randy have to talk to Edgar?
(a) to cash Mark's check
(b) to withdraw money
(c) to pay off his mortgage
(d) to date his niece
14. What does Helen ask Randy about Offutt Field?
(a) if he thinks that's the new capitol
(b) if he thinks Mark was there
(c) if the acting president might be there
(d) if he thinks it wasn't hit
15. What does Randy hear when he is awakened from his bed shaking?
(a) Florence yelling at his dog
(b) the children fighting
(c) long deep rumble
(d) Helen screaming
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month did the Day occur?
2. What does Randy hear on the way home when he leaves Lib's house?
3. What does Randy remember when he wakes in Chapter Four?
4. How does Helen feel when she leaves Mark?
5. How do Russia and NATO feel about the Mediterranean?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)