|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Saratoga?
(a) moon shuttle
(b) an aircraft carrier
(c) the name of Randy's house
(d) the name of a famous statue in Ft. Repose
2. Why have only a few members of Congress escaped?
(a) D.C. is under water
(b) members of the government were killed by spies
(c) the house was attacked by terrorists
(d) Washington D.C. was a primary target
3. What does James Cobb fire at from his plane?
(a) a sidewinder
(b) an air torpedo
(d) a machine gun
4. Why does Alice agree to Florence's request?
(a) she is bored
(b) she thinks Florence needs support
(c) her husband is out of town
(d) she looked up Alas, Babylon
5. What does Mark give Randy before saying good-bye?
(a) a copy of his Bible
(b) a warning to get prepared
(c) a check to cash
(d) a hug
6. What does Mark do when he arrives at McCoy?
(a) leaves his family with Randy
(b) switches planes
(c) asks to spend time alone with Randy
(d) he talks to Paul and Randy
7. Why does Randy have to talk to Edgar?
(a) to cash Mark's check
(b) to pay off his mortgage
(c) to date his niece
(d) to withdraw money
8. What kind of daily routine does Florence have?
(a) a chaotic one
(b) she has no routine
(c) one that does not vary
(d) one that changes on Mondays and Thursdays
9. Why do Helen and Randy decide to go to Admiral Hazzard's house?
(a) to see if he has any guns
(b) to see if he is okay
(c) to see if he has any information
(d) to see if he wants to move in with them
10. Who is Sir Percy?
(a) a canary
(b) a poodle
(c) a parrot
(d) a yellow cat
11. Who is Missouri?
(a) Randy's girlfriend
(b) a school teacher
(c) Florence's housemate
(d) Randy's maid and neighbor
12. What does Florence Wechek do for work?
(a) Western Union manager
(d) truck driver
13. What does Randy tell Helen to get at Beck's hardware?
(a) twenty-two caliber long-rifle hollow points
(b) sleeping bags
(c) a couple of hunting knifes
(d) coleman lanterns
14. What are Randy's favorite times of the day?
(a) midnight and noon
(b) early dawn and dusk
(c) dusk and midnight
(d) noon and dawn
15. What does Randy think of Florence?
(a) she's a gossipy old maid
(b) she is crazy
(c) she's very smart
(d) she's very nice
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Randy think the period between 1870 and 1914 was wonderful?
2. When does Florence normally wake up?
3. Why is Mrs. Josephine Vanbruuker-Brown important after the Day?
4. How does Helen feel when she leaves Mark?
5. What does Paul say about the personnel at McCoy?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)