|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Lavinia when Randy arrives at the McGoverns' house after the Day?
(a) in the garden
(b) sitting on the front porch
(c) on the lake
(d) medicated in bed
2. What does Randy tell Helen and the children when they join him outside?
(a) their father called
(b) that it has started
(c) they need to wait and see
(d) the children need to go to school
3. Where does Randy see lines of cars as he drives into town?
(a) at the library
(b) at the gas station
(c) at the police station
(d) at the post office
4. Why do Helen and Randy decide to go to Admiral Hazzard's house?
(a) to see if he is okay
(b) to see if he has any information
(c) to see if he has any guns
(d) to see if he wants to move in with them
5. What does Randy think of Florence?
(a) she's very nice
(b) she's very smart
(c) she's a gossipy old maid
(d) she is crazy
6. Why does Mark want his family to leave?
(a) he wants them to have a vacation
(b) he wants them to see Randy
(c) he's too busy to deal with them
(d) they live in a primary target area
7. How do Russia and NATO feel about the Mediterranean?
(a) it needs to be divided up
(b) it's strategically critical
(c) it has no real value
(d) it's too rich
8. What does Randy find out about the planes at McCoy?
(a) they are in the air, circling
(b) he doesn't find out anything about the planes
(c) they've been sent to other airfields
(d) they are in the hangers
9. What has been declared on the radio?
(a) a message from the president is coming
(b) a red alert
(c) nothing, it's dead
(d) a holiday
10. What is Randy given for Peyton?
(a) a couple bottles of milk
(b) medicine and instructions
(d) some candy bars
11. What does Randy see when he goes outside after being shaken awake?
(a) that bird he's been watching
(b) a red glow to the east and south
(c) the sunrise
12. How old is Randy?
13. What kind of daily routine does Florence have?
(a) one that does not vary
(b) she has no routine
(c) a chaotic one
(d) one that changes on Mondays and Thursdays
14. How many supermarket carts does Randy fill?
15. How does Helen feel when she leaves Mark?
(b) like a bad woman
(d) like a deserter
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month did the Day occur?
2. What is Randy wearing as he stands outside with his binoculars?
3. What is the Saratoga?
4. What does Mark tell Randy about his family?
5. What does James Cobb fire at from his plane?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)