|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Edgar dislike Randy's father?
(a) he put his money in the other bank in town
(b) he humiliated him in a poker game
(c) he dated Edgar's wife before they were married
(d) he lost a lot of money
2. When does Florence normally wake up?
(a) 5:45 A.M.
(b) 10 A.M.
(c) 6:30 AM.
(d) 8 A.M.
3. Why is Bubba Offenhaus head of civil defense?
(a) he is ex-CIA
(b) he is an engineer
(c) he owns the only ambulances
(d) he is ex-military
4. What does Paul say about the personnel at McCoy?
(a) they're on alert
(b) they've been increased
(c) they are reduced
(d) they're on R and R
5. What does Randy decide to tell Alice and Florence?
(a) to mind their own business
(b) that Graf will kill Sir Percy
(c) what Mark had said
(d) that he's engaged to Liz
6. Why do Florence and Alice meet on Fridays?
(a) for a book club
(b) to have lunch together
(c) to knit clothes for infants
(d) to help out at the animal shelter
7. Who kills himself the day the bombs are dropped?
(a) Dan Dunn
(b) Jerry Kling
(d) Edgar Quisenberry
8. What does Bill McGovern call Randy when he goes in the living room?
(a) an idiot
(b) a bastard
(c) a psychic
(d) a local Paul Revere
9. How old is Randy?
10. What does Randy do when Malachai helps him load the car?
(a) gives him cash and tells him about Mark's fears
(c) gives him a tip
(d) tells him to gather his family and move
11. What does Ben ask Randy?
(a) why there is no mushroom cloud
(b) if they are going to die
(c) where the lights are located
(d) where his father might be
12. Why is Mrs. Josephine Vanbruuker-Brown important after the Day?
(a) she's Randy's neighbor
(b) she's Acting Chief Executive of the United States
(c) she's head of civil defense in Florida
(d) she is Randy's grandmother
13. Why does Peyton scream when they see another light?
(a) she's afraid
(b) she slipped on the porch
(c) the light has blinded her
(d) the dog scared her
14. Where does Randy see lines of cars as he drives into town?
(a) at the gas station
(b) at the library
(c) at the post office
(d) at the police station
15. What does Randy's friend, Dan, say about him drinking for breakfast?
(a) it will keep him from becoming an alcoholic
(b) it's unhealthy
(c) it's good for him
(d) it leads to a long life
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Secretary of State fly for conferences to try and avoid a war?
2. Where is Lavinia when Randy arrives at the McGoverns' house after the Day?
3. What does Florence Wechek do for work?
4. What does Lib tell Randy when she comes over after he gets home from the store?
5. What is Randy given for Peyton?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)