|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Randy think the period between 1870 and 1914 was wonderful?
(a) things were more simple
(b) things were cheaper
(c) there was no pollution
(d) there was no war
2. Where is Randy driving to meet up with his brother Mark?
3. What is the Saratoga?
(a) an aircraft carrier
(b) moon shuttle
(c) the name of Randy's house
(d) the name of a famous statue in Ft. Repose
4. What does Paul say about the personnel at McCoy?
(a) they're on R and R
(b) they've been increased
(c) they're on alert
(d) they are reduced
5. What is Randy wearing as he stands outside with his binoculars?
(a) a suit
(b) a swim suit
(d) he's nude
6. What does Lib tell Randy when she comes over after he gets home from the store?
(a) she likes his dog
(b) she has made a decision about him
(c) she wants to set him up on a blind date
(d) he is a little dumb, but nice
7. Who shares the income from family holdings with Randy?
(a) his brother and sister
(b) his brother Mark
(c) his grandparents
(d) his parents
8. What does Randy tell Helen to get at Beck's hardware?
(a) twenty-two caliber long-rifle hollow points
(b) sleeping bags
(c) a couple of hunting knifes
(d) coleman lanterns
9. Who is Missouri?
(a) Randy's maid and neighbor
(b) a school teacher
(c) Randy's girlfriend
(d) Florence's housemate
10. Why does Alice agree to Florence's request?
(a) she thinks Florence needs support
(b) she is bored
(c) she looked up Alas, Babylon
(d) her husband is out of town
11. What does Lib think about Randy living in Ft. Repose?
(a) it's a good place for him
(b) he's wasting himself
(c) he should run for mayor
(d) it would be good for raising children
12. What does Washington D.C. say about the explosion in the Middle East?
(a) it was done on purpose
(b) it was not the United States
(c) it was done by Russia
(d) it was a mechanical failure
13. What kind of daily routine does Florence have?
(a) one that changes on Mondays and Thursdays
(b) one that does not vary
(c) she has no routine
(d) a chaotic one
14. What does Mark tell Helen to do?
(a) survive and care for the children
(b) wait for him
(c) to divorce him
(d) remarry as soon as possible
15. Where is Lavinia when Randy arrives at the McGoverns' house after the Day?
(a) on the lake
(b) medicated in bed
(c) sitting on the front porch
(d) in the garden
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sir Percy?
2. Who does Randy ask for at McCoy Air Base?
3. What does the government of the United States declare on the radio?
4. What does Helen ask Randy about Offutt Field?
5. What are Anthony and Cleo?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)