|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Randy take with him when he goes to town in Chapter 4?
(b) his dog
(c) his family book of history
(d) extra gas cans
2. What does the government of the United States declare on the radio?
(a) martial law
(c) the war is over
(d) all is clear
3. What does Florence tell Alice about Randy?
(a) that he received a strange telegram
(b) that he's an alcoholic
(c) that he's moving to New York
(d) that he's a peeping tom
4. Who kills himself the day the bombs are dropped?
(b) Dan Dunn
(c) Jerry Kling
(d) Edgar Quisenberry
5. What does Randy tell Edgar that Mark said about money?
(a) money was going to get tight
(b) that Randy had all of Mark's money
(c) checks won't be worth anything soon
(d) invest in real estate
6. Why does Alice agree to Florence's request?
(a) her husband is out of town
(b) she looked up Alas, Babylon
(c) she is bored
(d) she thinks Florence needs support
7. What does Ben ask Randy?
(a) where the lights are located
(b) where his father might be
(c) why there is no mushroom cloud
(d) if they are going to die
8. Who is Sir Percy?
(a) a yellow cat
(b) a parrot
(c) a poodle
(d) a canary
9. How old is Randy?
10. What has happened to the McGoverns' house?
(a) it has collasped
(b) it is flooded
(c) the front window is cracked
(d) it has burned down
11. What kind of daily routine does Florence have?
(a) she has no routine
(b) one that changes on Mondays and Thursdays
(c) one that does not vary
(d) a chaotic one
12. What is Randy wearing as he stands outside with his binoculars?
(a) a suit
(b) a swim suit
(d) he's nude
13. What does Randy decide to tell Alice and Florence?
(a) that he's engaged to Liz
(b) that Graf will kill Sir Percy
(c) to mind their own business
(d) what Mark had said
14. What does Randy hear when he is awakened from his bed shaking?
(a) Florence yelling at his dog
(b) Helen screaming
(c) long deep rumble
(d) the children fighting
15. Why does Randy stop at Bill Cullen's?
(a) to buy bourbon and scotch
(b) to order some flowers for Helen
(c) to get a lottery ticket
(d) to get some drugs
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were Randy's parents?
2. What does Lib tell Randy when she comes over after he gets home from the store?
3. What does Mark tell Helen to do?
4. Why did Edgar dislike Randy's father?
5. What does Randy do when Malachai helps him load the car?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)