|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Randy see when he goes outside after being shaken awake?
(a) that bird he's been watching
(b) the sunrise
(c) a red glow to the east and south
2. What does Randy tell Helen to get at Beck's hardware?
(a) sleeping bags
(b) a couple of hunting knifes
(c) twenty-two caliber long-rifle hollow points
(d) coleman lanterns
3. What kind of music does Florence like to listen to?
(a) country music
(d) easy listening
4. Why does Randy think the period between 1870 and 1914 was wonderful?
(a) things were more simple
(b) there was no war
(c) there was no pollution
(d) things were cheaper
5. Why do Helen and Randy decide to go to Admiral Hazzard's house?
(a) to see if he is okay
(b) to see if he has any information
(c) to see if he has any guns
(d) to see if he wants to move in with them
6. Where is Randy driving to meet up with his brother Mark?
7. Who is Edgar Quisenberry?
(a) owns the grocery store
(b) a general in the Air Force
(c) president of the bank
(d) Randy's uncle
8. What does Mark do when he arrives at McCoy?
(a) leaves his family with Randy
(b) asks to spend time alone with Randy
(c) he talks to Paul and Randy
(d) switches planes
9. What two cities near Randy's town are hit by nuclear blasts?
(a) Homestead and Miami
(b) Atlanta and Gainesville
(c) Ocala and Orlando
(d) Pensacola and Tallahassee
10. How does McCoy Airbase seem to Randy?
(a) busier than usual
(c) cold and scary
(d) hot and dusty
11. What does Mark propose to General Hawker at five in the morning?
(a) the weapons be released
(b) they try to call the President
(c) they send out the bombs
(d) they try to call Russia
12. What does Randy's friend, Dan, say about him drinking for breakfast?
(a) it's good for him
(b) it will keep him from becoming an alcoholic
(c) it's unhealthy
(d) it leads to a long life
13. What do Florence and Alice see Randy do after Lib leaves?
(a) climb a tree
(b) go to bed
(c) move slowly across their lawn
(d) sit on the porch
14. What does Mark tell Helen to do?
(a) survive and care for the children
(b) wait for him
(c) remarry as soon as possible
(d) to divorce him
15. Where do Syrian tanks go near the beginning of the book?
(a) into Israel
(b) across the Jordan border
(c) into Iraq
(d) into Egypt
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Randy hear on the way home when he leaves Lib's house?
2. What has been declared on the radio?
3. What does Randy tell Edgar that Mark said about money?
4. What does Ben ask Randy?
5. Why do Florence and Alice meet on Fridays?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)