|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Randy's friend, Dan, say about him drinking for breakfast?
(a) it's good for him
(b) it will keep him from becoming an alcoholic
(c) it leads to a long life
(d) it's unhealthy
2. What kind of books does Kitty Offenhaus tell Alice to remove from the library?
(a) subversive and anti-South
(b) anything that is anti-American
(c) anything about sex
(d) racial ones
3. What two cities near Randy's town are hit by nuclear blasts?
(a) Ocala and Orlando
(b) Pensacola and Tallahassee
(c) Homestead and Miami
(d) Atlanta and Gainesville
4. What holiday do the children believe they are spending in Florida?
(c) Labor Day
5. What does Randy tell Helen and the children when they join him outside?
(a) their father called
(b) the children need to go to school
(c) they need to wait and see
(d) that it has started
6. Who is Sir Percy?
(a) a yellow cat
(b) a poodle
(c) a canary
(d) a parrot
7. Why is Bubba Offenhaus head of civil defense?
(a) he is ex-military
(b) he owns the only ambulances
(c) he is an engineer
(d) he is ex-CIA
8. Where does Randy stop on his way home from town?
(a) at a scenic overlook
(b) at Lib's
(c) at Florence's
(d) at the river
9. Why do Florence and Alice meet on Fridays?
(a) to help out at the animal shelter
(b) to knit clothes for infants
(c) for a book club
(d) to have lunch together
10. What is the red baby?
(a) a red sunrise
(b) a bomb carrier that guides itself to a target.
(c) the sunset when the air is dusty
(d) the red alert flag
11. What are Anthony and Cleo?
(a) two gray mice
(b) flying squirrels
(c) African lovebirds
(d) a pair of racoons
12. What does Mark propose to General Hawker at five in the morning?
(a) they try to call the President
(b) the weapons be released
(c) they send out the bombs
(d) they try to call Russia
13. How do Lib's parents feel about Randy?
(a) they think he's okay
(b) they don't like him
(c) they think he's great
(d) they love him like a son
14. What does Randy remember when he wakes in Chapter Four?
(a) that he's suppose to call his brother
(b) that Helen is coming that day
(c) that he hasn't seen Lib
(d) more things he needs to buy
15. What does Randy take with him when he goes to town in Chapter 4?
(a) his family book of history
(b) extra gas cans
(d) his dog
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Randy warn Florence and Alice about as they leave for town?
2. How do Russia and NATO feel about the Mediterranean?
3. What does Washington D.C. say about the explosion in the Middle East?
4. Who is Edgar Quisenberry?
5. Why does Randy stop at Bill Cullen's?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)