Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Florence and Alice meet on Fridays?
(a) for a book club
(b) to help out at the animal shelter
(c) to have lunch together
(d) to knit clothes for infants
2. What does Randy take with him when he goes to town in Chapter 4?
(a) extra gas cans
(c) his family book of history
(d) his dog
3. What does Florence ask Alice to do?
(a) call the sheriff about Randy
(b) go shopping with her
(c) spend the weekend with her
(d) come to the Western Union office
4. Who kills himself the day the bombs are dropped?
(a) Jerry Kling
(b) Dan Dunn
(d) Edgar Quisenberry
5. What does Randy think about the front of the McGoverns' house?
(a) not enough windows
(b) too much glass for Florida
(c) it's beautiful
(d) it's too big
6. What does Randy warn Florence and Alice about as they leave for town?
(b) no food at the grocery store
(c) too many people at the gas station
(d) convicts on the road with rifles
7. Where does Randy stop on his way home from town?
(a) at Lib's
(b) at the river
(c) at Florence's
(d) at a scenic overlook
8. What does Randy think of Florence?
(a) she's a gossipy old maid
(b) she's very nice
(c) she's very smart
(d) she is crazy
9. What does Randy do when Malachai helps him load the car?
(a) tells him to gather his family and move
(b) gives him a tip
(d) gives him cash and tells him about Mark's fears
10. What is the red baby?
(a) a bomb carrier that guides itself to a target.
(b) a red sunrise
(c) the red alert flag
(d) the sunset when the air is dusty
11. What does Mark tell Helen to do?
(a) survive and care for the children
(b) to divorce him
(c) remarry as soon as possible
(d) wait for him
12. What does Washington D.C. say about the explosion in the Middle East?
(a) it was not the United States
(b) it was a mechanical failure
(c) it was done on purpose
(d) it was done by Russia
13. What does Lib tell Randy when she comes over after he gets home from the store?
(a) he is a little dumb, but nice
(b) she has made a decision about him
(c) she likes his dog
(d) she wants to set him up on a blind date
14. What are Anthony and Cleo?
(a) African lovebirds
(b) a pair of racoons
(c) two gray mice
(d) flying squirrels
15. What two cities near Randy's town are hit by nuclear blasts?
(a) Ocala and Orlando
(b) Pensacola and Tallahassee
(c) Homestead and Miami
(d) Atlanta and Gainesville
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Peyton scream when they see another light?
2. Where does Randy see lines of cars as he drives into town?
3. How do Lib's parents feel about Randy?
4. What does Randy see when he goes outside after being shaken awake?
5. What does Randy tell Mark?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)