|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sir Percy?
(a) a parrot
(b) a poodle
(c) a yellow cat
(d) a canary
2. How does Helen feel when she leaves Mark?
(a) like a bad woman
(b) like a deserter
3. What does Randy remember about meeting Elizabeth McGovern?
(a) dropping her groceries
(b) hitting his car with hers
(c) her full lips
(d) her long legs
4. What does Mark give Randy before saying good-bye?
(a) a warning to get prepared
(b) a check to cash
(c) a hug
(d) a copy of his Bible
5. What does the government of the United States declare on the radio?
(a) all is clear
(b) the war is over
(d) martial law
6. Where do Syrian tanks go near the beginning of the book?
(a) into Egypt
(b) into Israel
(c) into Iraq
(d) across the Jordan border
7. Why did Edgar dislike Randy's father?
(a) he dated Edgar's wife before they were married
(b) he put his money in the other bank in town
(c) he humiliated him in a poker game
(d) he lost a lot of money
8. What does Randy tell Mark?
(a) he should leave for Omaha
(b) he thinks Mark is a total idiot
(c) he should stay in Florida
(d) he will take good care of Mark's family
9. What does Paul say about the personnel at McCoy?
(a) they're on alert
(b) they're on R and R
(c) they've been increased
(d) they are reduced
10. What does Randy's friend, Dan, say about him drinking for breakfast?
(a) it's good for him
(b) it will keep him from becoming an alcoholic
(c) it leads to a long life
(d) it's unhealthy
11. What does Admiral Hazzard have for news?
(a) a military telephone
(b) a short-wave radio
(c) a navy field phone
(d) a police scanner
12. What holiday do the children believe they are spending in Florida?
(d) Labor Day
13. Who were Randy's parents?
(a) he doesn't know who his parents are
(b) Gertrude and Judge Bragg
(c) Mildred and Daniel
(d) Gertrude and Bill Houston
14. What does Mark tell Helen to do?
(a) wait for him
(b) survive and care for the children
(c) remarry as soon as possible
(d) to divorce him
15. How many residents does Ft. Repose have?
(a) about 3000
(b) nearly 20,000
(c) less than 10,000
(d) less than 5000
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mark do when he arrives at McCoy?
2. What does Florence eat for breakfast?
3. Who shares the income from family holdings with Randy?
4. What does Mark propose to General Hawker at five in the morning?
5. What does Lib tell Randy when she comes over after he gets home from the store?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)