|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why have only a few members of Congress escaped?
(a) D.C. is under water
(b) members of the government were killed by spies
(c) Washington D.C. was a primary target
(d) the house was attacked by terrorists
2. Why does Peyton scream when they see another light?
(a) the dog scared her
(b) she slipped on the porch
(c) she's afraid
(d) the light has blinded her
3. How old is Randy?
4. What are Anthony and Cleo?
(a) flying squirrels
(b) African lovebirds
(c) two gray mice
(d) a pair of racoons
5. What does "Alas, Babylon" mean to Randy?
(a) a code that means war might be starting
(c) a saying from Treasure Island
(d) a code that means all is well
6. What does Mark tell Randy about his family?
(a) when they are arriving from Omaha
(b) their social security numbers
(c) their birthdays
(d) how they are doing
7. What has happened to the McGoverns' house?
(a) the front window is cracked
(b) it is flooded
(c) it has burned down
(d) it has collasped
8. How many residents does Ft. Repose have?
(a) nearly 20,000
(b) less than 5000
(c) less than 10,000
(d) about 3000
9. What does Florence eat for breakfast?
(a) toast and tea
(b) she doesn't eat breakfast
(c) orange juice and eggs
(d) coffee and biscuits
10. What does Randy tell Helen to get at Beck's hardware?
(a) sleeping bags
(b) coleman lanterns
(c) a couple of hunting knifes
(d) twenty-two caliber long-rifle hollow points
11. What is the Saratoga?
(a) an aircraft carrier
(b) the name of a famous statue in Ft. Repose
(c) the name of Randy's house
(d) moon shuttle
12. Who is Sir Percy?
(a) a yellow cat
(b) a poodle
(c) a parrot
(d) a canary
13. What does Admiral Hazzard think about Moscow?
(a) that it is half gone
(b) that our bombs missed it
(c) that the city is gone
(d) that it was hit by the Chinese
14. What does Washington D.C. say about the explosion in the Middle East?
(a) it was done by Russia
(b) it was not the United States
(c) it was done on purpose
(d) it was a mechanical failure
15. Who is Missouri?
(a) Randy's girlfriend
(b) Florence's housemate
(c) a school teacher
(d) Randy's maid and neighbor
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ben ask Randy?
2. How many supermarket carts does Randy fill?
3. What does Dan do when Randy tells him about Mark's premonition?
4. What does Mark tell Helen to do?
5. What does Randy remember when he wakes in Chapter Four?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)