|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Randy remember when he wakes in Chapter Four?
(a) that he hasn't seen Lib
(b) that he's suppose to call his brother
(c) more things he needs to buy
(d) that Helen is coming that day
2. Why does Randy stop at Bill Cullen's?
(a) to get some drugs
(b) to buy bourbon and scotch
(c) to get a lottery ticket
(d) to order some flowers for Helen
3. What are Randy's favorite times of the day?
(a) midnight and noon
(b) dusk and midnight
(c) early dawn and dusk
(d) noon and dawn
4. How many supermarket carts does Randy fill?
5. What does Randy hear when he is awakened from his bed shaking?
(a) long deep rumble
(b) the children fighting
(c) Florence yelling at his dog
(d) Helen screaming
6. What holiday do the children believe they are spending in Florida?
(d) Labor Day
7. What does Admiral Hazzard have for news?
(a) a navy field phone
(b) a military telephone
(c) a short-wave radio
(d) a police scanner
8. What does Randy warn Florence and Alice about as they leave for town?
(a) too many people at the gas station
(c) convicts on the road with rifles
(d) no food at the grocery store
9. How old is Randy?
10. What does Randy's friend, Dan, say about him drinking for breakfast?
(a) it will keep him from becoming an alcoholic
(b) it leads to a long life
(c) it's good for him
(d) it's unhealthy
11. What is the red baby?
(a) a bomb carrier that guides itself to a target.
(b) the sunset when the air is dusty
(c) a red sunrise
(d) the red alert flag
12. How many residents does Ft. Repose have?
(a) less than 10,000
(b) about 3000
(c) nearly 20,000
(d) less than 5000
13. How do Russia and NATO feel about the Mediterranean?
(a) it needs to be divided up
(b) it has no real value
(c) it's too rich
(d) it's strategically critical
14. Why does Dan stop by to see Lib?
(a) to give her some meds for herself
(b) to talk about her mother
(c) to ask her on a date
(d) to tell her that her mother has died
15. What kind of daily routine does Florence have?
(a) she has no routine
(b) one that does not vary
(c) a chaotic one
(d) one that changes on Mondays and Thursdays
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alice say Randy is doing?
2. What does Lib think about Randy living in Ft. Repose?
3. What does "Alas, Babylon" mean to Randy?
4. What does Randy see when he goes outside after being shaken awake?
5. What does the government of the United States declare on the radio?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)