|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Secretary of State fly for conferences to try and avoid a war?
(c) New York
2. What does Randy see when he goes outside after being shaken awake?
(a) that bird he's been watching
(c) a red glow to the east and south
(d) the sunrise
3. Why does the power suddenly go out in Ft. Repose?
(a) Orlando being bombed
(b) Jacksonville being bombed
(c) Daytona being flooded by a tidal wave
(d) Pensacola being bombed
4. What does Washington D.C. say about the explosion in the Middle East?
(a) it was done by Russia
(b) it was not the United States
(c) it was a mechanical failure
(d) it was done on purpose
5. Why does Peyton scream when they see another light?
(a) the light has blinded her
(b) she slipped on the porch
(c) the dog scared her
(d) she's afraid
6. How do Russia and NATO feel about the Mediterranean?
(a) it's strategically critical
(b) it needs to be divided up
(c) it's too rich
(d) it has no real value
7. When does Florence normally wake up?
(a) 5:45 A.M.
(b) 8 A.M.
(c) 10 A.M.
(d) 6:30 AM.
8. Who is Missouri?
(a) Florence's housemate
(b) Randy's girlfriend
(c) Randy's maid and neighbor
(d) a school teacher
9. Who is Sir Percy?
(a) a poodle
(b) a yellow cat
(c) a canary
(d) a parrot
10. Where does Randy see lines of cars as he drives into town?
(a) at the post office
(b) at the gas station
(c) at the library
(d) at the police station
11. What does Randy take with him when he goes to town in Chapter 4?
(a) his family book of history
(c) extra gas cans
(d) his dog
12. What does Florence Wechek do for work?
(c) truck driver
(d) Western Union manager
13. What is Randy given for Peyton?
(a) medicine and instructions
(c) a couple bottles of milk
(d) some candy bars
14. What kind of music does Florence like to listen to?
(a) easy listening
(d) country music
15. What does Randy warn Florence and Alice about as they leave for town?
(a) convicts on the road with rifles
(b) no food at the grocery store
(c) too many people at the gas station
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mark tell Helen to do?
2. What does Randy find out about the planes at McCoy?
3. Where does Randy stop on his way home from town?
4. Why does Dan stop by to see Lib?
5. Why do Helen and Randy decide to go to Admiral Hazzard's house?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)