|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Randy stop at Bill Cullen's?
(a) to get some drugs
(b) to get a lottery ticket
(c) to buy bourbon and scotch
(d) to order some flowers for Helen
2. Who were Randy's parents?
(a) Gertrude and Judge Bragg
(b) Gertrude and Bill Houston
(c) Mildred and Daniel
(d) he doesn't know who his parents are
3. What does Randy take with him when he goes to town in Chapter 4?
(a) his dog
(b) extra gas cans
(d) his family book of history
4. How old is Randy?
5. What do Florence and Alice see Randy do after Lib leaves?
(a) move slowly across their lawn
(b) climb a tree
(c) go to bed
(d) sit on the porch
6. Who does Randy ask for at McCoy Air Base?
(b) Lieutenant Baker
(c) Lieutenant Colonel Paul Hart
(d) no one
7. Who kills himself the day the bombs are dropped?
(a) Dan Dunn
(b) Jerry Kling
(c) Edgar Quisenberry
8. What two cities near Randy's town are hit by nuclear blasts?
(a) Homestead and Miami
(b) Pensacola and Tallahassee
(c) Atlanta and Gainesville
(d) Ocala and Orlando
9. When does Florence normally wake up?
(a) 5:45 A.M.
(b) 6:30 AM.
(c) 8 A.M.
(d) 10 A.M.
10. What does Randy hear on the way home when he leaves Lib's house?
(a) an old song his father liked
(b) of the bombing attack on Latakia
(c) nothing, he doesn't turn on the radio
(d) of the red alert called
11. Where does the Secretary of State fly for conferences to try and avoid a war?
(c) New York
12. How do Lib's parents feel about Randy?
(a) they don't like him
(b) they think he's great
(c) they think he's okay
(d) they love him like a son
13. What is Randy wearing as he stands outside with his binoculars?
(a) he's nude
(c) a suit
(d) a swim suit
14. What does the government of the United States declare on the radio?
(a) all is clear
(c) the war is over
(d) martial law
15. What is the red baby?
(a) the red alert flag
(b) a red sunrise
(c) the sunset when the air is dusty
(d) a bomb carrier that guides itself to a target.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many supermarket carts does Randy fill?
2. What does Florence eat for breakfast?
3. What does Randy hear when he is awakened from his bed shaking?
4. What does Paul say about the personnel at McCoy?
5. Who is Edgar Quisenberry?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)