|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two cities near Randy's town are hit by nuclear blasts?
(a) Homestead and Miami
(b) Ocala and Orlando
(c) Atlanta and Gainesville
(d) Pensacola and Tallahassee
2. Why does Randy think the period between 1870 and 1914 was wonderful?
(a) there was no war
(b) things were more simple
(c) there was no pollution
(d) things were cheaper
3. What does Randy do when Malachai helps him load the car?
(a) tells him to gather his family and move
(c) gives him cash and tells him about Mark's fears
(d) gives him a tip
4. What does Bill McGovern call Randy when he goes in the living room?
(a) an idiot
(b) a psychic
(c) a local Paul Revere
(d) a bastard
5. Why does the power suddenly go out in Ft. Repose?
(a) Jacksonville being bombed
(b) Daytona being flooded by a tidal wave
(c) Orlando being bombed
(d) Pensacola being bombed
6. Why does Alice agree to Florence's request?
(a) she thinks Florence needs support
(b) she looked up Alas, Babylon
(c) her husband is out of town
(d) she is bored
7. What does Alice say Randy is doing?
(b) watching Lib drive away
(c) stalking something
(d) going to sleep
8. What kind of music does Florence like to listen to?
(a) country music
(b) easy listening
9. Who calls Randy on the morning when the book begins?
(b) Western Union
(c) no one
10. Who is Sir Percy?
(a) a parrot
(b) a yellow cat
(c) a poodle
(d) a canary
11. What does Mark give Randy before saying good-bye?
(a) a copy of his Bible
(b) a check to cash
(c) a warning to get prepared
(d) a hug
12. Where does Randy see lines of cars as he drives into town?
(a) at the police station
(b) at the post office
(c) at the gas station
(d) at the library
13. What does Florence ask Alice to do?
(a) spend the weekend with her
(b) go shopping with her
(c) come to the Western Union office
(d) call the sheriff about Randy
14. What does Randy find out about the planes at McCoy?
(a) they've been sent to other airfields
(b) they are in the hangers
(c) he doesn't find out anything about the planes
(d) they are in the air, circling
15. What is a significant difference between war a few years ago and now?
(a) a tactical method called time-on-target
(b) the bombs are bigger
(c) the bombs can't be tracked
(d) there is no way to stop the bomber planes
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Missouri?
2. Where do Syrian tanks go near the beginning of the book?
3. What does Mark tell Randy about his family?
4. What does Ben ask Randy?
5. What does James Cobb fire at from his plane?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)