|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Syrian tanks go near the beginning of the book?
(a) into Israel
(b) across the Jordan border
(c) into Egypt
(d) into Iraq
2. Why is Mrs. Josephine Vanbruuker-Brown important after the Day?
(a) she's head of civil defense in Florida
(b) she's Acting Chief Executive of the United States
(c) she is Randy's grandmother
(d) she's Randy's neighbor
3. What does Randy remember about meeting Elizabeth McGovern?
(a) her long legs
(b) hitting his car with hers
(c) dropping her groceries
(d) her full lips
4. What does Florence ask Alice to do?
(a) come to the Western Union office
(b) spend the weekend with her
(c) go shopping with her
(d) call the sheriff about Randy
5. What does the government of the United States declare on the radio?
(a) martial law
(b) all is clear
(d) the war is over
6. What does Lib think about Randy living in Ft. Repose?
(a) he should run for mayor
(b) it's a good place for him
(c) he's wasting himself
(d) it would be good for raising children
7. Where does the Secretary of State fly for conferences to try and avoid a war?
(c) New York
8. Why does the power suddenly go out in Ft. Repose?
(a) Pensacola being bombed
(b) Orlando being bombed
(c) Daytona being flooded by a tidal wave
(d) Jacksonville being bombed
9. What is the red baby?
(a) a bomb carrier that guides itself to a target.
(b) the red alert flag
(c) the sunset when the air is dusty
(d) a red sunrise
10. How does Helen feel when she leaves Mark?
(a) like a deserter
(b) like a bad woman
11. Where does Randy stop on his way home from town?
(a) at Lib's
(b) at the river
(c) at Florence's
(d) at a scenic overlook
12. What does Randy tell Mark?
(a) he will take good care of Mark's family
(b) he thinks Mark is a total idiot
(c) he should leave for Omaha
(d) he should stay in Florida
13. How many supermarket carts does Randy fill?
14. What has been declared on the radio?
(a) a red alert
(b) nothing, it's dead
(c) a message from the president is coming
(d) a holiday
15. What are Anthony and Cleo?
(a) African lovebirds
(b) flying squirrels
(c) a pair of racoons
(d) two gray mice
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Randy see lines of cars as he drives into town?
2. Why does Mark want his family to leave?
3. In what month did the Day occur?
4. Who shares the income from family holdings with Randy?
5. What does Bill McGovern call Randy when he goes in the living room?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)