|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Randy remember about meeting Elizabeth McGovern?
(a) her full lips
(b) dropping her groceries
(c) hitting his car with hers
(d) her long legs
2. When does Florence normally wake up?
(a) 6:30 AM.
(b) 8 A.M.
(c) 10 A.M.
(d) 5:45 A.M.
3. What holiday do the children believe they are spending in Florida?
(b) Labor Day
4. Who is Edgar Quisenberry?
(a) Randy's uncle
(b) president of the bank
(c) owns the grocery store
(d) a general in the Air Force
5. What has been declared on the radio?
(a) a red alert
(b) a message from the president is coming
(c) a holiday
(d) nothing, it's dead
6. Who does Randy ask for at McCoy Air Base?
(b) Lieutenant Baker
(c) no one
(d) Lieutenant Colonel Paul Hart
7. What does "Alas, Babylon" mean to Randy?
(a) a code that means war might be starting
(b) a code that means all is well
(c) a saying from Treasure Island
8. When was the First National Bank in Ft. Repose built?
9. In what month did the Day occur?
10. What does James Cobb fire at from his plane?
(a) an air torpedo
(c) a sidewinder
(d) a machine gun
11. Who shares the income from family holdings with Randy?
(a) his parents
(b) his grandparents
(c) his brother Mark
(d) his brother and sister
12. What kind of books does Kitty Offenhaus tell Alice to remove from the library?
(a) anything that is anti-American
(b) anything about sex
(c) subversive and anti-South
(d) racial ones
13. Why is Bubba Offenhaus head of civil defense?
(a) he is an engineer
(b) he is ex-military
(c) he is ex-CIA
(d) he owns the only ambulances
14. How do Russia and NATO feel about the Mediterranean?
(a) it has no real value
(b) it needs to be divided up
(c) it's too rich
(d) it's strategically critical
15. Who calls Randy on the morning when the book begins?
(b) no one
(c) Western Union
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dan do when Randy tells him about Mark's premonition?
2. What does Florence Wechek do for work?
3. What is the Saratoga?
4. What is a significant difference between war a few years ago and now?
5. What does Admiral Hazzard think about Moscow?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)