|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Randy on the morning when the book begins?
(b) no one
(c) Western Union
2. What does Randy tell Helen to get at Beck's hardware?
(a) coleman lanterns
(b) sleeping bags
(c) twenty-two caliber long-rifle hollow points
(d) a couple of hunting knifes
3. What does Randy hear on the way home when he leaves Lib's house?
(a) nothing, he doesn't turn on the radio
(b) of the bombing attack on Latakia
(c) an old song his father liked
(d) of the red alert called
4. Who is Sir Percy?
(a) a yellow cat
(b) a poodle
(c) a parrot
(d) a canary
5. Who does Randy ask for at McCoy Air Base?
(a) Lieutenant Colonel Paul Hart
(c) no one
(d) Lieutenant Baker
6. Why do Helen and Randy decide to go to Admiral Hazzard's house?
(a) to see if he wants to move in with them
(b) to see if he is okay
(c) to see if he has any information
(d) to see if he has any guns
7. What does Ben ask Randy?
(a) why there is no mushroom cloud
(b) where the lights are located
(c) where his father might be
(d) if they are going to die
8. What does Mark give Randy before saying good-bye?
(a) a hug
(b) a copy of his Bible
(c) a check to cash
(d) a warning to get prepared
9. What has been declared on the radio?
(a) a holiday
(b) a red alert
(c) a message from the president is coming
(d) nothing, it's dead
10. What two cities near Randy's town are hit by nuclear blasts?
(a) Homestead and Miami
(b) Ocala and Orlando
(c) Atlanta and Gainesville
(d) Pensacola and Tallahassee
11. How do Lib's parents feel about Randy?
(a) they think he's great
(b) they don't like him
(c) they think he's okay
(d) they love him like a son
12. What does Randy's friend, Dan, say about him drinking for breakfast?
(a) it leads to a long life
(b) it's unhealthy
(c) it's good for him
(d) it will keep him from becoming an alcoholic
13. What does Mark do when he arrives at McCoy?
(a) leaves his family with Randy
(b) switches planes
(c) he talks to Paul and Randy
(d) asks to spend time alone with Randy
14. What is the red baby?
(a) a red sunrise
(b) the sunset when the air is dusty
(c) the red alert flag
(d) a bomb carrier that guides itself to a target.
15. How many supermarket carts does Randy fill?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Randy think of Florence?
2. Who is Missouri?
3. What does Randy see when he goes outside after being shaken awake?
4. What does the government of the United States declare on the radio?
5. Who shares the income from family holdings with Randy?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)