|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Admiral Hazzard think about Moscow?
(a) that it is half gone
(b) that the city is gone
(c) that our bombs missed it
(d) that it was hit by the Chinese
2. How old is Randy?
3. What does Ben ask Randy?
(a) why there is no mushroom cloud
(b) if they are going to die
(c) where his father might be
(d) where the lights are located
4. What does Washington D.C. say about the explosion in the Middle East?
(a) it was a mechanical failure
(b) it was not the United States
(c) it was done on purpose
(d) it was done by Russia
5. Why do Florence and Alice meet on Fridays?
(a) to help out at the animal shelter
(b) for a book club
(c) to have lunch together
(d) to knit clothes for infants
6. How does McCoy Airbase seem to Randy?
(a) cold and scary
(b) busier than usual
(d) hot and dusty
7. What is a significant difference between war a few years ago and now?
(a) the bombs are bigger
(b) a tactical method called time-on-target
(c) there is no way to stop the bomber planes
(d) the bombs can't be tracked
8. What does Randy think about the front of the McGoverns' house?
(a) it's too big
(b) not enough windows
(c) it's beautiful
(d) too much glass for Florida
9. How many residents does Ft. Repose have?
(a) less than 5000
(b) nearly 20,000
(c) about 3000
(d) less than 10,000
10. What does "Alas, Babylon" mean to Randy?
(a) a saying from Treasure Island
(b) a code that means war might be starting
(d) a code that means all is well
11. What does Bill McGovern call Randy when he goes in the living room?
(a) an idiot
(b) a bastard
(c) a local Paul Revere
(d) a psychic
12. What does Mark do when he arrives at McCoy?
(a) switches planes
(b) he talks to Paul and Randy
(c) asks to spend time alone with Randy
(d) leaves his family with Randy
13. What does Florence Wechek do for work?
(a) truck driver
(c) Western Union manager
14. What does Florence eat for breakfast?
(a) she doesn't eat breakfast
(b) toast and tea
(c) coffee and biscuits
(d) orange juice and eggs
15. In what month did the Day occur?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why have only a few members of Congress escaped?
2. What does Randy hear on the way home when he leaves Lib's house?
3. What does Alice say Randy is doing?
4. Where does Randy see lines of cars as he drives into town?
5. What is the Saratoga?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)