|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Florence and Alice meet on Fridays?
(a) to help out at the animal shelter
(b) for a book club
(c) to have lunch together
(d) to knit clothes for infants
2. What does Randy think of Florence?
(a) she's a gossipy old maid
(b) she's very smart
(c) she is crazy
(d) she's very nice
3. What does Lib think about Randy living in Ft. Repose?
(a) it would be good for raising children
(b) he should run for mayor
(c) he's wasting himself
(d) it's a good place for him
4. Why does Alice agree to Florence's request?
(a) she is bored
(b) she thinks Florence needs support
(c) her husband is out of town
(d) she looked up Alas, Babylon
5. How old is Randy?
6. How do Lib's parents feel about Randy?
(a) they don't like him
(b) they love him like a son
(c) they think he's great
(d) they think he's okay
7. What is Randy given for Peyton?
(a) a couple bottles of milk
(b) some candy bars
(c) medicine and instructions
8. What does Admiral Hazzard think about Moscow?
(a) that it was hit by the Chinese
(b) that our bombs missed it
(c) that it is half gone
(d) that the city is gone
9. Who is Sir Percy?
(a) a canary
(b) a yellow cat
(c) a poodle
(d) a parrot
10. What does Helen ask Randy about Offutt Field?
(a) if he thinks Mark was there
(b) if he thinks that's the new capitol
(c) if the acting president might be there
(d) if he thinks it wasn't hit
11. Why have only a few members of Congress escaped?
(a) Washington D.C. was a primary target
(b) D.C. is under water
(c) the house was attacked by terrorists
(d) members of the government were killed by spies
12. What is the Saratoga?
(a) moon shuttle
(b) an aircraft carrier
(c) the name of Randy's house
(d) the name of a famous statue in Ft. Repose
13. What are Anthony and Cleo?
(a) two gray mice
(b) a pair of racoons
(c) African lovebirds
(d) flying squirrels
14. What kind of daily routine does Florence have?
(a) a chaotic one
(b) one that does not vary
(c) she has no routine
(d) one that changes on Mondays and Thursdays
15. What does Mark tell Helen to do?
(a) survive and care for the children
(b) remarry as soon as possible
(c) to divorce him
(d) wait for him
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill McGovern call Randy when he goes in the living room?
2. What does Randy tell Helen to get at Beck's hardware?
3. Why is Bubba Offenhaus head of civil defense?
4. Why does Dan stop by to see Lib?
5. Why does Randy think the period between 1870 and 1914 was wonderful?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)