|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the red baby?
(a) a bomb carrier that guides itself to a target.
(b) the red alert flag
(c) a red sunrise
(d) the sunset when the air is dusty
2. What does Randy see when he goes outside after being shaken awake?
(a) a red glow to the east and south
(c) that bird he's been watching
(d) the sunrise
3. Who is Missouri?
(a) a school teacher
(b) Randy's girlfriend
(c) Randy's maid and neighbor
(d) Florence's housemate
4. What is Randy wearing as he stands outside with his binoculars?
(b) a swim suit
(c) he's nude
(d) a suit
5. Where does Randy stop on his way home from town?
(a) at the river
(b) at a scenic overlook
(c) at Florence's
(d) at Lib's
6. What does "Alas, Babylon" mean to Randy?
(a) a saying from Treasure Island
(b) a code that means all is well
(d) a code that means war might be starting
7. Why do Florence and Alice meet on Fridays?
(a) to have lunch together
(b) to knit clothes for infants
(c) for a book club
(d) to help out at the animal shelter
8. What does Randy hear when he is awakened from his bed shaking?
(a) Florence yelling at his dog
(b) Helen screaming
(c) the children fighting
(d) long deep rumble
9. What does Lib think about Randy living in Ft. Repose?
(a) he's wasting himself
(b) he should run for mayor
(c) it would be good for raising children
(d) it's a good place for him
10. What does Paul say about the personnel at McCoy?
(a) they've been increased
(b) they're on alert
(c) they're on R and R
(d) they are reduced
11. What holiday do the children believe they are spending in Florida?
(b) Labor Day
12. What has happened to the McGoverns' house?
(a) it has burned down
(b) it is flooded
(c) the front window is cracked
(d) it has collasped
13. What does Randy tell Helen to get at Beck's hardware?
(a) sleeping bags
(b) coleman lanterns
(c) twenty-two caliber long-rifle hollow points
(d) a couple of hunting knifes
14. What does Helen ask Randy about Offutt Field?
(a) if he thinks Mark was there
(b) if he thinks that's the new capitol
(c) if he thinks it wasn't hit
(d) if the acting president might be there
15. What does Randy tell Edgar that Mark said about money?
(a) checks won't be worth anything soon
(b) invest in real estate
(c) money was going to get tight
(d) that Randy had all of Mark's money
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ben ask Randy?
2. What does Randy decide to tell Alice and Florence?
3. Where does Randy see lines of cars as he drives into town?
4. Who shares the income from family holdings with Randy?
5. What does Florence ask Alice to do?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)