|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Florence eat for breakfast?
(a) orange juice and eggs
(b) coffee and biscuits
(c) toast and tea
(d) she doesn't eat breakfast
2. Who were Randy's parents?
(a) he doesn't know who his parents are
(b) Mildred and Daniel
(c) Gertrude and Bill Houston
(d) Gertrude and Judge Bragg
3. What does Randy find out about the planes at McCoy?
(a) they are in the hangers
(b) they've been sent to other airfields
(c) he doesn't find out anything about the planes
(d) they are in the air, circling
4. What does Mark give Randy before saying good-bye?
(a) a warning to get prepared
(b) a hug
(c) a copy of his Bible
(d) a check to cash
5. Why is Bubba Offenhaus head of civil defense?
(a) he owns the only ambulances
(b) he is ex-military
(c) he is an engineer
(d) he is ex-CIA
6. What does Mark propose to General Hawker at five in the morning?
(a) they try to call the President
(b) the weapons be released
(c) they send out the bombs
(d) they try to call Russia
7. What does James Cobb fire at from his plane?
(a) an air torpedo
(c) a sidewinder
(d) a machine gun
8. What has been declared on the radio?
(a) a message from the president is coming
(b) a red alert
(c) nothing, it's dead
(d) a holiday
9. What does Helen ask Randy about Offutt Field?
(a) if he thinks it wasn't hit
(b) if he thinks Mark was there
(c) if he thinks that's the new capitol
(d) if the acting president might be there
10. How do Russia and NATO feel about the Mediterranean?
(a) it's strategically critical
(b) it has no real value
(c) it's too rich
(d) it needs to be divided up
11. Where does Randy see lines of cars as he drives into town?
(a) at the gas station
(b) at the library
(c) at the post office
(d) at the police station
12. What did the Russians launch at the beginning of the book?
(a) a research robot bound for Mars
(b) a Sputnik spy satellite
(c) a space shuttle
13. Why does Peyton scream when they see another light?
(a) the dog scared her
(b) the light has blinded her
(c) she slipped on the porch
(d) she's afraid
14. What does Randy tell Edgar that Mark said about money?
(a) checks won't be worth anything soon
(b) that Randy had all of Mark's money
(c) money was going to get tight
(d) invest in real estate
15. What does Randy think of Florence?
(a) she is crazy
(b) she's very smart
(c) she's a gossipy old maid
(d) she's very nice
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mark worry the situation in the Middle East is?
2. What does Dan do when Randy tells him about Mark's premonition?
3. What kind of books does Kitty Offenhaus tell Alice to remove from the library?
4. What does Randy tell Helen and the children when they join him outside?
5. What does Randy's friend, Dan, say about him drinking for breakfast?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)