|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Randy think about the front of the McGoverns' house?
(a) not enough windows
(b) too much glass for Florida
(c) it's too big
(d) it's beautiful
2. What does Randy remember about meeting Elizabeth McGovern?
(a) her full lips
(b) her long legs
(c) dropping her groceries
(d) hitting his car with hers
3. What does Lib tell Randy when she comes over after he gets home from the store?
(a) she has made a decision about him
(b) she likes his dog
(c) he is a little dumb, but nice
(d) she wants to set him up on a blind date
4. Who is Edgar Quisenberry?
(a) owns the grocery store
(b) a general in the Air Force
(c) Randy's uncle
(d) president of the bank
5. Why does Randy stop at Bill Cullen's?
(a) to order some flowers for Helen
(b) to buy bourbon and scotch
(c) to get a lottery ticket
(d) to get some drugs
6. Who is Sir Percy?
(a) a poodle
(b) a parrot
(c) a yellow cat
(d) a canary
7. What does Ben ask Randy?
(a) where his father might be
(b) where the lights are located
(c) if they are going to die
(d) why there is no mushroom cloud
8. What does Randy remember when he wakes in Chapter Four?
(a) that he's suppose to call his brother
(b) that Helen is coming that day
(c) more things he needs to buy
(d) that he hasn't seen Lib
9. What does Randy decide to tell Alice and Florence?
(a) that he's engaged to Liz
(b) to mind their own business
(c) that Graf will kill Sir Percy
(d) what Mark had said
10. Why does Alice agree to Florence's request?
(a) she is bored
(b) her husband is out of town
(c) she thinks Florence needs support
(d) she looked up Alas, Babylon
11. What does Randy's friend, Dan, say about him drinking for breakfast?
(a) it will keep him from becoming an alcoholic
(b) it's good for him
(c) it leads to a long life
(d) it's unhealthy
12. What does Alice say Randy is doing?
(a) going to sleep
(b) stalking something
(c) watching Lib drive away
13. Who is Missouri?
(a) Florence's housemate
(b) a school teacher
(c) Randy's girlfriend
(d) Randy's maid and neighbor
14. What does Randy tell Mark?
(a) he should stay in Florida
(b) he should leave for Omaha
(c) he thinks Mark is a total idiot
(d) he will take good care of Mark's family
15. What does Randy find out about the planes at McCoy?
(a) they are in the hangers
(b) they've been sent to other airfields
(c) they are in the air, circling
(d) he doesn't find out anything about the planes
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the government of the United States declare on the radio?
2. What does Mark tell Randy about his family?
3. Why do Helen and Randy decide to go to Admiral Hazzard's house?
4. What does Bill McGovern call Randy when he goes in the living room?
5. What do Florence and Alice see Randy do after Lib leaves?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)