|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mark want his family to leave?
(a) he wants them to have a vacation
(b) they live in a primary target area
(c) he wants them to see Randy
(d) he's too busy to deal with them
2. Where does Randy see lines of cars as he drives into town?
(a) at the post office
(b) at the library
(c) at the police station
(d) at the gas station
3. Why do Florence and Alice meet on Fridays?
(a) to knit clothes for infants
(b) to have lunch together
(c) for a book club
(d) to help out at the animal shelter
4. Why does Randy think the period between 1870 and 1914 was wonderful?
(a) things were cheaper
(b) things were more simple
(c) there was no war
(d) there was no pollution
5. What two cities near Randy's town are hit by nuclear blasts?
(a) Atlanta and Gainesville
(b) Ocala and Orlando
(c) Pensacola and Tallahassee
(d) Homestead and Miami
6. Who shares the income from family holdings with Randy?
(a) his brother Mark
(b) his brother and sister
(c) his parents
(d) his grandparents
7. Why do Helen and Randy decide to go to Admiral Hazzard's house?
(a) to see if he has any guns
(b) to see if he has any information
(c) to see if he is okay
(d) to see if he wants to move in with them
8. Where does Randy stop on his way home from town?
(a) at a scenic overlook
(b) at Lib's
(c) at Florence's
(d) at the river
9. What does Paul say about the personnel at McCoy?
(a) they're on R and R
(b) they are reduced
(c) they've been increased
(d) they're on alert
10. What does Randy do when Malachai helps him load the car?
(a) tells him to gather his family and move
(c) gives him a tip
(d) gives him cash and tells him about Mark's fears
11. When was the First National Bank in Ft. Repose built?
12. Who is Edgar Quisenberry?
(a) owns the grocery store
(b) a general in the Air Force
(c) president of the bank
(d) Randy's uncle
13. What does Lib think about Randy living in Ft. Repose?
(a) he should run for mayor
(b) it would be good for raising children
(c) it's a good place for him
(d) he's wasting himself
14. What does Florence ask Alice to do?
(a) go shopping with her
(b) come to the Western Union office
(c) spend the weekend with her
(d) call the sheriff about Randy
15. How do Russia and NATO feel about the Mediterranean?
(a) it's strategically critical
(b) it has no real value
(c) it needs to be divided up
(d) it's too rich
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Randy's friend, Dan, say about him drinking for breakfast?
2. What does Florence eat for breakfast?
3. What does Bill McGovern call Randy when he goes in the living room?
4. In what month did the Day occur?
5. Who is Sir Percy?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)