|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills himself the day the bombs are dropped?
(a) Jerry Kling
(b) Edgar Quisenberry
(c) Dan Dunn
2. What does Florence Wechek do for work?
(b) truck driver
(c) Western Union manager
3. Why do Helen and Randy decide to go to Admiral Hazzard's house?
(a) to see if he is okay
(b) to see if he wants to move in with them
(c) to see if he has any information
(d) to see if he has any guns
4. What does James Cobb fire at from his plane?
(b) a machine gun
(c) an air torpedo
(d) a sidewinder
5. How many residents does Ft. Repose have?
(a) less than 5000
(b) nearly 20,000
(c) less than 10,000
(d) about 3000
6. What is the red baby?
(a) the sunset when the air is dusty
(b) a bomb carrier that guides itself to a target.
(c) a red sunrise
(d) the red alert flag
7. What does Florence ask Alice to do?
(a) call the sheriff about Randy
(b) spend the weekend with her
(c) go shopping with her
(d) come to the Western Union office
8. What does Randy find out about the planes at McCoy?
(a) they are in the hangers
(b) they are in the air, circling
(c) he doesn't find out anything about the planes
(d) they've been sent to other airfields
9. Where does the Secretary of State fly for conferences to try and avoid a war?
(a) New York
10. What does Mark tell Randy about his family?
(a) how they are doing
(b) when they are arriving from Omaha
(c) their social security numbers
(d) their birthdays
11. How do Russia and NATO feel about the Mediterranean?
(a) it needs to be divided up
(b) it has no real value
(c) it's too rich
(d) it's strategically critical
12. What does Randy do when Malachai helps him load the car?
(a) gives him cash and tells him about Mark's fears
(b) gives him a tip
(d) tells him to gather his family and move
13. Why does Mark want his family to leave?
(a) he wants them to see Randy
(b) they live in a primary target area
(c) he wants them to have a vacation
(d) he's too busy to deal with them
14. What does Ben ask Randy?
(a) where the lights are located
(b) if they are going to die
(c) where his father might be
(d) why there is no mushroom cloud
15. What does Lib think about Randy living in Ft. Repose?
(a) he's wasting himself
(b) it's a good place for him
(c) it would be good for raising children
(d) he should run for mayor
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lib tell Randy when she comes over after he gets home from the store?
2. Where is Randy driving to meet up with his brother Mark?
3. What does Randy hear on the way home when he leaves Lib's house?
4. How does Helen feel when she leaves Mark?
5. What does Randy decide to tell Alice and Florence?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)