|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Randy given for Peyton?
(a) medicine and instructions
(c) some candy bars
(d) a couple bottles of milk
2. How old is Randy?
3. What does Florence tell Alice about Randy?
(a) that he's moving to New York
(b) that he received a strange telegram
(c) that he's an alcoholic
(d) that he's a peeping tom
4. What is a significant difference between war a few years ago and now?
(a) the bombs are bigger
(b) a tactical method called time-on-target
(c) the bombs can't be tracked
(d) there is no way to stop the bomber planes
5. Why do Helen and Randy decide to go to Admiral Hazzard's house?
(a) to see if he has any information
(b) to see if he is okay
(c) to see if he wants to move in with them
(d) to see if he has any guns
6. Who shares the income from family holdings with Randy?
(a) his brother Mark
(b) his grandparents
(c) his brother and sister
(d) his parents
7. Why is Mrs. Josephine Vanbruuker-Brown important after the Day?
(a) she is Randy's grandmother
(b) she's head of civil defense in Florida
(c) she's Acting Chief Executive of the United States
(d) she's Randy's neighbor
8. What are Randy's favorite times of the day?
(a) midnight and noon
(b) early dawn and dusk
(c) noon and dawn
(d) dusk and midnight
9. What does Randy remember about meeting Elizabeth McGovern?
(a) hitting his car with hers
(b) dropping her groceries
(c) her full lips
(d) her long legs
10. What does the government of the United States declare on the radio?
(a) all is clear
(b) the war is over
(c) martial law
11. Why is Bubba Offenhaus head of civil defense?
(a) he is ex-CIA
(b) he owns the only ambulances
(c) he is an engineer
(d) he is ex-military
12. What does Florence Wechek do for work?
(b) Western Union manager
(c) truck driver
13. What does Randy tell Mark?
(a) he should leave for Omaha
(b) he thinks Mark is a total idiot
(c) he will take good care of Mark's family
(d) he should stay in Florida
14. How many residents does Ft. Repose have?
(a) less than 5000
(b) nearly 20,000
(c) about 3000
(d) less than 10,000
15. What holiday do the children believe they are spending in Florida?
(a) Labor Day
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Randy think the period between 1870 and 1914 was wonderful?
2. Where does the Secretary of State fly for conferences to try and avoid a war?
3. What does Randy hear on the way home when he leaves Lib's house?
4. What is Randy wearing as he stands outside with his binoculars?
5. What does Randy think of Florence?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)