|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Lavinia when Randy arrives at the McGoverns' house after the Day?
(a) in the garden
(b) medicated in bed
(c) on the lake
(d) sitting on the front porch
2. Why does Randy have to talk to Edgar?
(a) to withdraw money
(b) to pay off his mortgage
(c) to cash Mark's check
(d) to date his niece
3. What has happened to the McGoverns' house?
(a) it has collasped
(b) it is flooded
(c) it has burned down
(d) the front window is cracked
4. What does "Alas, Babylon" mean to Randy?
(a) a code that means all is well
(c) a saying from Treasure Island
(d) a code that means war might be starting
5. How does Randy plan to get drinking water for his house?
(a) from the river
(b) from artesian well irrigation water
(c) out of an old windmill
(d) he hasn't figured it out yet
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James Cobb fire at from his plane?
2. What does the government of the United States declare on the radio?
3. What does Randy do with the highwayman who was taken prisoner?
4. Why did Edgar dislike Randy's father?
5. Why does Randy think the period between 1870 and 1914 was wonderful?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)