|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Randy plan to get drinking water for his house?
(a) from artesian well irrigation water
(b) from the river
(c) he hasn't figured it out yet
(d) out of an old windmill
2. Who is the acting Chief Executive of the United States?
(a) Mr. Stephenfield
(b) Mr. Patterson
(c) Mrs. Gardner
(d) Mrs. Vanbruuker-Brown
3. What is Randy given for Peyton?
(a) medicine and instructions
(b) a couple bottles of milk
(c) some candy bars
4. What does "Alas, Babylon" mean to Randy?
(b) a code that means war might be starting
(c) a code that means all is well
(d) a saying from Treasure Island
5. What does the government of the United States declare on the radio?
(b) all is clear
(c) the war is over
(d) martial law
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Randy stop at Bill Cullen's?
2. What happened at Dan's office?
3. What does Florence eat for breakfast?
4. Where does Randy stop on his way home from town?
5. What kind of business does Bill Cullen have?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)