|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the red baby?
(a) the sunset when the air is dusty
(b) a bomb carrier that guides itself to a target.
(c) a red sunrise
(d) the red alert flag
2. Why do Florence and Alice meet on Fridays?
(a) for a book club
(b) to help out at the animal shelter
(c) to knit clothes for infants
(d) to have lunch together
3. Who calls Randy on the morning when the book begins?
(a) no one
(c) Western Union
4. Where does Randy stop on his way home from town?
(a) at Lib's
(b) at a scenic overlook
(c) at the river
(d) at Florence's
5. What is a significant difference between war a few years ago and now?
(a) a tactical method called time-on-target
(b) the bombs are bigger
(c) the bombs can't be tracked
(d) there is no way to stop the bomber planes
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Russians launch at the beginning of the book?
2. Why is Bubba Offenhaus head of civil defense?
3. What does Mark tell Helen to do?
4. Why does Alice agree to Florence's request?
5. What does Mark tell Randy about his family?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)