Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 1 it may seem that Randy is a developing alcoholic but he says as long as he just enjoys but doesn't crave, he's okay.
1. Do you think people can't be alcoholics if they don't think they are? Why or why not?
2. What do you think are the symptoms of alcoholism?
3. Do you think if someone has a drink in the morning that makes him/her an alcoholic? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
"Alas, Babylon" is from Revelation and signifies impending doom. Mark and Randy agree the previous Christmas that "Alas, Babylon" signifies a potential nuclear confrontation with the Soviet Union.
1. What would be your thoughts if you had been in Randy's position when he received the telegram?
2. Do you think Randy should tell his friends about the telegram? Why or why not?
3. Do you think it is fair for Mark to try...
This section contains 1,769 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)