|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Pope Leo insists on Pietrasanta marble, not Carraini marble?
2. Why can Michelangelo not talk to Pope Julius II?
3. What does Leonardo da Vinci do that irritates Michelangelo?
4. What does Michelangelo give his brothers Buonarroto and Giovansimone ?
5. What does Pope Julius II want Michelangelo to carve for him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on Michelangelo's statement that a troubled mind makes a poor draftsman. Discuss how problems and worries interfere with creative work of any kind. Conclude your essay with a recommendation for dealing with problems while trying to accomplish a task.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on liberal arts education. Mention the advantages Michelangelo received because of his exposure to literature and art in the Plato Academy. Defend the idea of knowing about art, music, and literature today.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about beauty. MIchelangelo's love of beauty brought great masterpieces to the world. Discuss how important you think it is to have beauty in the world. How does beauty affect the beholders?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)