|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What distresses Michelangelo about many of his commissions?
2. How does Buonarroto's wife cause problems for Michelangelo?
3. Who causes Michelangelo problems over his plans for Julius II's tomb?
4. What does the news of the death of the Pope bring?
5. What work of da Vinci's does Giuliano want to show Michelangelo?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about family relationships. Use Michelangelo as an example of a person who shows loyalty and support of family. Also discuss how family may cause stress on one individual in the family group.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about Michelangelo's idea that the human form should be painted as God made it. How do you feel about his Sistine Chapel paintings or his statue of David?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on the devastating effects of Savonarola's rule in Florence. Mention the art that was destroyed and the closing of art schools. Also include how Botticelli buckled under the pressure of Savonarola's sermons.
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)