|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What commission has Bramante won from the Pope?
2. What does Michelangelo see in the form of Tommaso Cavalieri?
3. As payment to the French, what will Michelangelo carve?
4. What is worked out that the Duke of Urbino will accept instead of the finished tomb?
5. While working on Julius' tomb, what comes Michelangelo's way?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Michelangelo and da Vinci end up working on the same project?
2. What family problem does Michelangelo attempt to solve with his brothers?
3. How does Bramante complicate the start of Pope Julius II's tomb?
4. Even in Florence what does Michelangelo learn about the influence of the Pope?
5. How does Michelangelo finally get the Wool Guild commission?
6. What does Michelangelo hope for after Pope Julius II dies?
7. How is Michelangelo caught up in the politics between Florence and Pope Clement?
8. Briefly explain the problem Michelangelo has with the Carraini over Leo's insistence on using Pietrasanta marble.
9. How does Michelangelo react to the cancellation of the San Lorenzo project?
10. What is the political shift in the Vatican after Leo X dies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about beauty. MIchelangelo's love of beauty brought great masterpieces to the world. Discuss how important you think it is to have beauty in the world. How does beauty affect the beholders?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the value of art in the world. Include what you think the world would be like if there were no art. Mention how censorship of art might have deprived the world of great masterpieces by Michelangelo.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on loyalty. What is the value of loyalty to friends or political leaders. Is loyalty always repaid?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)