|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Michelangelo not visit the Contessina?
2. What does the Duke of Urbino, administrator of Julius' will and his heir want from Michelangelo?
3. Before the David statue can be placed, what happens?
4. Who is the young man Michelangelo becomes infatuated with?
5. What commission has Bramante won from the Pope?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Michelangelo react when he is refused admittance to see Pope Julius II?
2. What is the political shift in the Vatican after Leo X dies?
3. How is Michelangelo caught up in the politics between Florence and Pope Clement?
4. How does Michelangelo finally get the Wool Guild commission?
5. How do Michelangelo and da Vinci end up working on the same project?
6. How do the Bolognese assign the guilt of association to Michelangelo?
7. What problem does Michelangelo learn about that holds up awarding the Wool Guild commission?
8. Although Pope Clement had been unpopular in Florence, how does Michelangelo view his death?
9. How does Michelangelo learn about the block of marble that will eventually become one of his greatest works?
10. How does Bramante complicate the start of Pope Julius II's tomb?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on loyalty. What is the value of loyalty to friends or political leaders. Is loyalty always repaid?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on liberal arts education. Mention the advantages Michelangelo received because of his exposure to literature and art in the Plato Academy. Defend the idea of knowing about art, music, and literature today.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on political intrigue using the succession of popes during Michelangelo's lifetime as examples. Discuss how circumstances kept changing that often threatened Michelangelo's work.
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)