|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to prevent Michelangelo from finishing the tomb of Pope Julius this time?
2. What new commission does the Pope give to Michelangelo?
3. Pope Paul III likes Michelangelo's nudes in the Sistine Chapel but how do others view them?
4. How does Buonarroto's wife cause problems for Michelangelo?
5. What on Michelangelo's wall gains him several enemies?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bramante complicate the start of Pope Julius II's tomb?
2. What family problem does Michelangelo attempt to solve with his brothers?
3. Why is Michelangelo disenchanted with the work he is doing for a cardinal while thinking about the Wool Guild marble?
4. Describe briefly the attraction Michelangelo feels toward Tommaso Cavalieri.
5. What does Michelangelo realize as he studies the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel?
6. What political unrest occurs while Michelangelo works on the David?
7. How does Michelangelo finally get the Wool Guild commission?
8. How does Michelangelo react to the cancellation of the San Lorenzo project?
9. What demand does Pope Julius make on Michelangelo that he does not want to do?
10. How does Michelangelo learn about the block of marble that will eventually become one of his greatest works?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about religious extremism. Use the example of the Inquisition to show how people sometimes try to enforce their own religious ideology on others.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about humility. Refer to the meeting between Michelangelo and Galli who lay on his deathbed. In your essay use Galli's words that plenty brings pride. Discuss the importance of humility in life.
Essay Topic 3
Write a critique of THE AGONY AND THE ECSTASY. Discuss Stone's style and his research to make the novel historically accurate. End with your recommendation for others to read the novel.
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)