|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michelangelo see in the form of Tommaso Cavalieri?
2. What does the Wool Guild own that is of interest to Michelangelo?
3. Why are Michelangelo and some of his friends under suspicion in Rome?
4. What on Michelangelo's wall gains him several enemies?
5. The Pope wants the road but what other problem does Michelangelo have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problem does Michelangelo learn about that holds up awarding the Wool Guild commission?
2. What does Michelangelo hope for after Pope Julius II dies?
3. How does Michelangelo's father add stress to his son while he is working on Pope Julius' tomb?
4. How does Michelangelo finally get the Wool Guild commission?
5. Briefly explain the problem Michelangelo has with the Carraini over Leo's insistence on using Pietrasanta marble.
6. Even in Florence what does Michelangelo learn about the influence of the Pope?
7. Why is Michelangelo disenchanted with the work he is doing for a cardinal while thinking about the Wool Guild marble?
8. How does Pope Paul III outmaneuver Michelangelo over the matter of Pope Julius' tomb?
9. Describe briefly the attraction Michelangelo feels toward Tommaso Cavalieri.
10. How does Pope Leo X, Giovanni de Medici, the first of the de Medici Popes, use Vatican finances?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about Michelangelo's idea that the human form should be painted as God made it. How do you feel about his Sistine Chapel paintings or his statue of David?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about camaraderie. Write about how people in similar circumstances tend to help each other out as everyone did in the workplace of Michelangelo off the Via del Proconsolo.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about the will to succeed. Using Michelangelo as an example, discuss how people who achieve great things in their lives are focused and driven to succeed. Include some modern day examples as well.
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)