|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does the Marchesa appear to be affiliated?
2. Why can Michelangelo not visit the Contessina?
3. What does Pope Leo X want Leonardo da Vinci, Raphael, and Michelangelo to do?
4. What does the Duke really want to punish Michelangelo for?
5. Pope Paul III likes Michelangelo's nudes in the Sistine Chapel but how do others view them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What audacious request does Pope Leo make of Michelangelo while he works on Julius' tomb?
2. What family problem does Michelangelo attempt to solve with his brothers?
3. What demand does Pope Julius make on Michelangelo that he does not want to do?
4. How do Michelangelo and da Vinci end up working on the same project?
5. How does Michelangelo react to the cancellation of the San Lorenzo project?
6. What does Michelangelo realize as he studies the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel?
7. What problem does Michelangelo learn about that holds up awarding the Wool Guild commission?
8. How does Michelangelo learn about the block of marble that will eventually become one of his greatest works?
9. How do the Bolognese assign the guilt of association to Michelangelo?
10. What political unrest occurs while Michelangelo works on the David?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on character assassination using the innuendo about Michelangelo's relationship to Tomasso and other men. Discuss in your essay how such tactics are used as hate mongering to turn public opinion against another person.
Essay Topic 2
Write a critique of THE AGONY AND THE ECSTASY. Discuss Stone's style and his research to make the novel historically accurate. End with your recommendation for others to read the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on competition. Refer to Michelangelo's securing the commission to paint the second wall next to da Vinci as a good example of competition. Discuss in your essay how healthy competition brings about greater achievements.
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)