|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does da Vinci tell Michelangelo that he has brought to its limits with nothing for others to perfect?
2. What on Michelangelo's wall gains him several enemies?
3. Who succeeds Pope Julius II as Pope Leo X?
4. What does Leo X want Michelangelo to work on after his sister dies?
5. What saves Michelangelo from losing everything to the Duke of Urbino?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on Michelangelo's statement that a troubled mind makes a poor draftsman. Discuss how problems and worries interfere with creative work of any kind. Conclude your essay with a recommendation for dealing with problems while trying to accomplish a task.
Essay Topic 2
Write a critique of THE AGONY AND THE ECSTASY. Discuss Stone's style and his research to make the novel historically accurate. End with your recommendation for others to read the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on competition. Refer to Michelangelo's securing the commission to paint the second wall next to da Vinci as a good example of competition. Discuss in your essay how healthy competition brings about greater achievements.
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)