|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Michelangelo set himself apart at the Guild Hall of Signor Ghirlandaio?
2. Where does Lodovico want Michelangelo accepted?
3. If caught in his nighttime study of anatomy, what might the Church do to him?
4. As Michelangelo progresses, what does he learn about life?
5. For his first year as an apprentice, how is Michelangelo treated?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the Contessina sees Michelangelo after he leaves her house, what transpires?
2. Tell something about Michelangelo's reception when he returns home.
3. Explain how Michelangelo finally gets to do some real artwork.
4. Describe how Michelangelo's ideas depart from the ideas of his teacher.
5. What, beside the Bacchus commission, does Michelangelo get from Jacopo Galli?
6. How does Torrigiani expose his envy of Michelangelo?
7. What is Michelangelo's dilemma while trying to learn from Bertoldo?
8. Describe Michelangelo's problem in trying to convince his father to allow him to study in the Sculpture Garden.
9. Explain the surprise announcement after Michelangelo has been at Ghirlandaio's school for one year.
10. What does Lorenzo de Medici reveal to Michelangelo about his training?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about beauty. MIchelangelo's love of beauty brought great masterpieces to the world. Discuss how important you think it is to have beauty in the world. How does beauty affect the beholders?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about religious extremism. Use the example of the Inquisition to show how people sometimes try to enforce their own religious ideology on others.
Essay Topic 3
Write a critique of THE AGONY AND THE ECSTASY. Discuss Stone's style and his research to make the novel historically accurate. End with your recommendation for others to read the novel.
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)