Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While working on the panels, what is Michelangelo dreaming about?
2. What does Granacci tell Michelangelo that Ghirlandaio is willing to do?
3. Who is Il Magnifico?
4. Instead of a commission, what does Cardinal Riario give Michelangelo?
5. How does Michelangelo learn anatomy at the charity hospital of Santo Spirito?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly explain the problem Michelangelo has with the Carraini over Leo's insistence on using Pietrasanta marble.
2. What audacious request does Pope Leo make of Michelangelo while he works on Julius' tomb?
3. How does Michelangelo react to the Cardinal's failure to give him instructions and permission to start carving?
4. How does Michelangelo learn about the block of marble that will eventually become one of his greatest works?
5. How does Michelangelo react to the cancellation of the San Lorenzo project?
6. How does Michelangelo's father add stress to his son while he is working on Pope Julius' tomb?
7. How does Michelangelo escape his father's house?
8. How does Michelangelo react when he is refused admittance to see Pope Julius II?
9. Describe Michelangelo's meeting Clarissa.
10. How does Pope Leo X, Giovanni de Medici, the first of the de Medici Popes, use Vatican finances?
Write an essay on the value of art in the world. Include what you think the world would be like if there were no art. Mention how censorship of art might have deprived the world of great masterpieces by Michelangelo.
Write an essay about the will to succeed. Using Michelangelo as an example, discuss how people who achieve great things in their lives are focused and driven to succeed. Include some modern day examples as well.
Write an essay about religious extremism. Use the example of the Inquisition to show how people sometimes try to enforce their own religious ideology on others.
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)