|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lodovico want Michelangelo accepted?
2. What is Michelangelo's response when his father tells him he cannot afford to have pride?
3. Eventually, what does Lodovico hope for that will help his family?
4. Who is perfectly content to keep house and cook for Michelangelo?
5. What does Savonarola preach about the de Medici family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Michelangelo's meeting Clarissa.
2. Why does Michelangelo not close up his brothers' unprofitable shop?
3. Describe how Michelangelo gets his start in art education.
4. What happens when Michelangelo finally gets to speak with Cardinal Riario about starting on the large block of marble?
5. What family problem does Michelangelo attempt to solve with his brothers?
6. How does Michelangelo's father add stress to his son while he is working on Pope Julius' tomb?
7. Describe briefly the way friendship develops between Michelangelo and the contessina.
8. Explain the risk Michelangelo takes for his art.
9. Describe Michelangelo's strong opinions about art.
10. How does Michelangelo learn about the block of marble that will eventually become one of his greatest works?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about the will to succeed. Using Michelangelo as an example, discuss how people who achieve great things in their lives are focused and driven to succeed. Include some modern day examples as well.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on competition. Refer to Michelangelo's securing the commission to paint the second wall next to da Vinci as a good example of competition. Discuss in your essay how healthy competition brings about greater achievements.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on character assassination using the innuendo about Michelangelo's relationship to Tomasso and other men. Discuss in your essay how such tactics are used as hate mongering to turn public opinion against another person.
This section contains 1,457 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)