|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Michelangelo learn anatomy at the charity hospital of Santo Spirito?
2. What does Michelangelo recognize he must do to keep his father from taking him away?
3. What does Michelangelo get Ghirlandaio to do for him?
4. At the palace de Medici, with whom does Michelangelo share quarters?
5. Who is Il Magnifico?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Michelangelo's meeting Clarissa.
2. Describe how Michelangelo's ideas depart from the ideas of his teacher.
3. Explain how Michelangelo finally gets to do some real artwork.
4. Explain the risk Michelangelo takes for his art.
5. Explain the effect of Michelangelo's broken nose at the hand of Torrigiani.
6. Describe Michelangelo's frustration in the Sculpture Garden.
7. How does Michelangelo's first year of training go?
8. What is Michelangelo's dilemma while trying to learn from Bertoldo?
9. What is the first problem facing Michelangelo before he can study under Bertoldo?
10. How does Michelangelo escape his father's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on character assassination using the innuendo about Michelangelo's relationship to Tomasso and other men. Discuss in your essay how such tactics are used as hate mongering to turn public opinion against another person.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about religious extremism. Use the example of the Inquisition to show how people sometimes try to enforce their own religious ideology on others.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on the value of art in the world. Include what you think the world would be like if there were no art. Mention how censorship of art might have deprived the world of great masterpieces by Michelangelo.
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)