|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Michelangelo feel about painting frescoes?
2. What does Michelangelo discover his father believes about Lorenzo de Medici?
3. After the festival for his son, where does Piero de Medici invite Michelangelo?
4. What does Piero de Medici want Michelangelo to carve for the birthday of his son, Giuliano?
5. After a hard winter, where does Michelangelo's friend Granacci take him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first problem facing Michelangelo before he can study under Bertoldo?
2. Describe Michelangelo's living conditions when he first comes to Rome.
3. Describe Michelangelo's meeting Clarissa.
4. What is Michelangelo's dilemma while trying to learn from Bertoldo?
5. Describe Michelangelo's frustration in the Sculpture Garden.
6. Explain what Michelangelo is expected to learn in addition to his art.
7. Describe how Michelangelo's ideas depart from the ideas of his teacher.
8. Describe how Michelangelo gets his start in art education.
9. How does Michelangelo's first year of training go?
10. Explain the effect of Michelangelo's broken nose at the hand of Torrigiani.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about family relationships. Use Michelangelo as an example of a person who shows loyalty and support of family. Also discuss how family may cause stress on one individual in the family group.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about camaraderie. Write about how people in similar circumstances tend to help each other out as everyone did in the workplace of Michelangelo off the Via del Proconsolo.
Essay Topic 3
Write a critique of THE AGONY AND THE ECSTASY. Discuss Stone's style and his research to make the novel historically accurate. End with your recommendation for others to read the novel.
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)