Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While working on the panels, what is Michelangelo dreaming about?
2. What does Granacci tell Michelangelo that Ghirlandaio is willing to do?
3. Who is Il Magnifico?
4. Instead of a commission, what does Cardinal Riario give Michelangelo?
5. How does Michelangelo learn anatomy at the charity hospital of Santo Spirito?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly explain the problem Michelangelo has with the Carraini over Leo's insistence on using Pietrasanta marble.
2. What audacious request does Pope Leo make of Michelangelo while he works on Julius' tomb?
3. How does Michelangelo react to the Cardinal's failure to give him instructions and permission to start carving?
4. How does Michelangelo learn about the block of marble that will eventually become one of his greatest works?
5. How does Michelangelo react to the cancellation of the San Lorenzo project?
6. How does Michelangelo's father add stress to his son while he is working on Pope Julius' tomb?
7. How does Michelangelo escape his father's house?
8. How does Michelangelo react when he is refused admittance to see Pope Julius II?
9. Describe Michelangelo's meeting Clarissa.
10. How does Pope Leo X, Giovanni de Medici, the first of the de Medici Popes, use Vatican finances?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about humility. Refer to the meeting between Michelangelo and Galli who lay on his deathbed. In your essay use Galli's words that plenty brings pride. Discuss the importance of humility in life.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on competition. Refer to Michelangelo's securing the commission to paint the second wall next to da Vinci as a good example of competition. Discuss in your essay how healthy competition brings about greater achievements.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about Michelangelo's idea that the human form should be painted as God made it. How do you feel about his Sistine Chapel paintings or his statue of David?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)