|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is to go to the Medici school along with Michelangelo?
2. Just as Michelangelo starts working for Galli, what do the creditors in Florence demand?
3. What elite group is Michelangelo invited to join?
4. Who is Cardinal Riario di San Giorgio looking for?
5. For his first year as an apprentice, how is Michelangelo treated?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Michelangelo accept the offer to return to Ghirlandaio's school?
2. Explain the risk Michelangelo takes for his art.
3. What is Michelangelo's dilemma while trying to learn from Bertoldo?
4. Describe Michelangelo's meeting Clarissa.
5. What is the first problem facing Michelangelo before he can study under Bertoldo?
6. How does Torrigiani expose his envy of Michelangelo?
7. How does Michelangelo's first year of training go?
8. Describe how Michelangelo's ideas depart from the ideas of his teacher.
9. Describe briefly the way friendship develops between Michelangelo and the contessina.
10. Describe how Michelangelo gets his start in art education.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on education by observing. Using Michelangelo's impact on the painter, Rafael, and his own watching outside the Sculpture Garden, discuss in your essay how watching a master work is a kind of education in itself.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about the will to succeed. Using Michelangelo as an example, discuss how people who achieve great things in their lives are focused and driven to succeed. Include some modern day examples as well.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about humility. Refer to the meeting between Michelangelo and Galli who lay on his deathbed. In your essay use Galli's words that plenty brings pride. Discuss the importance of humility in life.
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)