|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Displeased with Piero de Medici, what are the people of Florence more inclined to listen to?
2. What does Giuliano da Sangallo do for Michelangelo?
3. What does Michelangelo discover his father believes about Lorenzo de Medici?
4. What does Ghirlandaio want Michelangelo to do?
5. What do the members of the elite academy discuss and learn about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Tell something about Michelangelo's reception when he returns home.
2. Explain the effect of Michelangelo's broken nose at the hand of Torrigiani.
3. Explain how Michelangelo finds the place where he really wants to be.
4. How does Michelangelo react to the Cardinal's failure to give him instructions and permission to start carving?
5. When the Contessina sees Michelangelo after he leaves her house, what transpires?
6. Describe the beginning of the friendship between Michelangelo and the Contessina.
7. Describe the conditions Michelangelo finds when he moves into Lorenzo's palazzo.
8. Describe Michelangelo's living conditions when he first comes to Rome.
9. Explain what Michelangelo is expected to learn in addition to his art.
10. Describe how Michelangelo gets his start in art education.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on Michelangelo's statement that a troubled mind makes a poor draftsman. Discuss how problems and worries interfere with creative work of any kind. Conclude your essay with a recommendation for dealing with problems while trying to accomplish a task.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on character assassination using the innuendo about Michelangelo's relationship to Tomasso and other men. Discuss in your essay how such tactics are used as hate mongering to turn public opinion against another person.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on competition. Refer to Michelangelo's securing the commission to paint the second wall next to da Vinci as a good example of competition. Discuss in your essay how healthy competition brings about greater achievements.
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)