|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who replaces Pope Leo X?
(a) Pope Alexander
(b) Pope Adrian
(c) Pope Clement
(d) Pope Pius II
2. What is the misconception his family has of Michelangelo?
(a) he is in trouble with the law
(b) he is a total failure
(c) he is made of money
(d) he has contracts he hasn't told them about
3. What does Sangallo, Michelangelo's old friend, discover about Michelangelo's problem with the painting?
(a) he needs to speed up the work before the paint dries
(b) his Florence paint mixture does not work in Rome
(c) he needs to be closer to the surface
(d) he needs to slow down the work to let the paint dry
4. What happens to prevent Michelangelo from finishing the tomb of Pope Julius this time?
(a) a war with the King of France breaks out
(b) the tomb is vandalized by religious fanatics
(c) the fact that he has no money for the supplies he needs
(d) the election of Alessandro Farnese to the papacy as Pope Paul III
5. What does Pope Leo offer for Michelangelo to work on?
(a) the walls of a sacristy of the San Lorenzo
(b) a baptismal font for San Lorenzo
(c) the portico of his summer palace
(d) decorations for the Papal apartments
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Michelangelo not talk to Pope Julius II?
2. Who agrees to protect Florence from the Borgias?
3. What scene does Michelangelo want to paint in the Sistine Chapel?
4. What does the Duke really want to punish Michelangelo for?
5. What happens two days after Michelangelo's return to Rome?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)