|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Michelangelo's problem for getting the Pietrasanta marble to Rome?
(a) the marble is too fragile
(b) no road is available
(c) no wagon is big enough
(d) no one will help him
2. What does Pope Leo X want Leonardo da Vinci, Raphael, and Michelangelo to do?
(a) become friends
(b) design his summer villa
(c) return to Florence
(d) work together on the sistine Chapel
3. What work of da Vinci's does Giuliano want to show Michelangelo?
(a) a lens to improve vision
(b) a machine that allows a man to fly
(c) a new kind of carriage
(d) experiments in alchemy
4. How does Buonarroto's wife cause problems for Michelangelo?
(a) she becomes a spy for Pope Julius II
(b) she produces several children
(c) she demands fine gowns and jewels
(d) she tries to seduce Michelangelo
5. What does Michelangelo need in order to paint his planned story on the ceiling of the chapel?
(a) a system of ropes and pullies
(b) someone to mix his paints
(c) a large supply of paint
(d) the Pope's permission
Short Answer Questions
1. What scene does Michelangelo want to paint in the Sistine Chapel?
2. Why are Michelangelo and some of his friends under suspicion in Rome?
3. What does Michelangelo accept that puts him in competition with da Vinci?
4. What causes the death of Pope Leo X?
5. What does the new Pope allow Duke of Urbino to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pope Leo X, Giovanni de Medici, the first of the de Medici Popes, use Vatican finances?
2. Although Pope Clement had been unpopular in Florence, how does Michelangelo view his death?
3. What family problem does Michelangelo attempt to solve with his brothers?
4. What problem does Michelangelo learn about that holds up awarding the Wool Guild commission?
5. How do Michelangelo and da Vinci end up working on the same project?
6. What political unrest occurs while Michelangelo works on the David?
7. Describe briefly the attraction Michelangelo feels toward Tommaso Cavalieri.
8. How does Michelangelo react when he is refused admittance to see Pope Julius II?
9. How do the Bolognese assign the guilt of association to Michelangelo?
10. How does Michelangelo finally get the Wool Guild commission?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)