|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is worked out that the Duke of Urbino will accept instead of the finished tomb?
(a) an assignment as the Cardinal of Milan
(b) an extension of time to finish the tomb
(c) a written apology from Michelangelo
(d) a statue of Moses and two other statues in Michelangelo's home
2. Who is the female friend Michelangelo visits in Bologna?
(d) the Contessina
3. What does Pope Leo X want Leonardo da Vinci, Raphael, and Michelangelo to do?
(a) work together on the sistine Chapel
(b) return to Florence
(c) become friends
(d) design his summer villa
4. Why does Michelangelo have trouble with the Bolognese people?
(a) because he works for the Pope
(b) because he is from Florence
(c) because he has no money
(d) because he spurns Clarissa
5. What would closing their shop in Florence cost Michelangelo's brothers?
(a) the break up of their families
(b) their places on the city council
(c) to lose their merchant standing within the community
(d) a full year's rent
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the new Pope allow Duke of Urbino to do?
2. With whom does the Marchesa appear to be affiliated?
3. Who causes Michelangelo problems over his plans for Julius II's tomb?
4. Who is coming to the home of Vittoria Colonna, the Marchesa di Pescara?
5. What does Michelangelo realize his painting in the Sistine Chapel is supposed to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Michelangelo disenchanted with the work he is doing for a cardinal while thinking about the Wool Guild marble?
2. How does Michelangelo's father add stress to his son while he is working on Pope Julius' tomb?
3. How does Michelangelo react when he is refused admittance to see Pope Julius II?
4. What is the political shift in the Vatican after Leo X dies?
5. How do Michelangelo and da Vinci end up working on the same project?
6. How does Bramante complicate the start of Pope Julius II's tomb?
7. How do the Bolognese assign the guilt of association to Michelangelo?
8. What problem does Michelangelo learn about that holds up awarding the Wool Guild commission?
9. Although Pope Clement had been unpopular in Florence, how does Michelangelo view his death?
10. Describe briefly the attraction Michelangelo feels toward Tommaso Cavalieri.
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)