|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As payment to the French, what will Michelangelo carve?
(a) a monument to set up in Paris
(b) something for Charles VIII
(c) something for the Marechal de' Gie
(d) a tomb for the King
2. Pope Paul III likes Michelangelo's nudes in the Sistine Chapel but how do others view them?
(a) too good to be hidden in a church
(b) scandalous and revolting
(c) old fashioned and plain
(d) too ethereal to understand
3. What does Pope Julius II want Michelangelo to carve for him?
(a) his tomb in the middle of St. Peter's
(b) a new marble throne
(c) another pieta
(d) a copy of the David
4. Why does Michelangelo have trouble with the Bolognese people?
(a) because he has no money
(b) because he is from Florence
(c) because he spurns Clarissa
(d) because he works for the Pope
5. Who is the young man Michelangelo becomes infatuated with?
(a) Pietro Torrigiani
(b) Tommaso Cavalieri
(c) Francesco Granacci
(d) Andrea Bregno
Short Answer Questions
1. What is offered to Michelangelo with a commission for him to sculpt the Twelve Apostles for the cathedral?
2. After Lodovico dies in 1534, what does Michelangelo do?
3. When do Michelangelo and the Contessina finally talk about their mutual love?
4. What does the new Pope allow Duke of Urbino to do?
5. Why is Michelangelo unable to show exactly how much he received from Pope Julius?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problem does Michelangelo learn about that holds up awarding the Wool Guild commission?
2. Describe briefly the attraction Michelangelo feels toward Tommaso Cavalieri.
3. How is Michelangelo caught up in the politics between Florence and Pope Clement?
4. Briefly explain the problem Michelangelo has with the Carraini over Leo's insistence on using Pietrasanta marble.
5. What audacious request does Pope Leo make of Michelangelo while he works on Julius' tomb?
6. How does Pope Paul III outmaneuver Michelangelo over the matter of Pope Julius' tomb?
7. What family problem does Michelangelo attempt to solve with his brothers?
8. What does Michelangelo hope for after Pope Julius II dies?
9. What is the political shift in the Vatican after Leo X dies?
10. How does Michelangelo react to the cancellation of the San Lorenzo project?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)