|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pope Leo offer for Michelangelo to work on?
(a) a baptismal font for San Lorenzo
(b) decorations for the Papal apartments
(c) the portico of his summer palace
(d) the walls of a sacristy of the San Lorenzo
2. What commission has Bramante won from the Pope?
(a) to carve the Pope's tomb
(b) to design the tomb Michelangelo will carve
(c) to add on to the Vatican
(d) to build a new St. Peter's
3. Who succeeds Pope Julius II as Pope Leo X?
(a) the Cardinal of San Dionigi
(b) Cardinal Riario
(c) Jacopo Galli
(d) Giovanni de Medici
4. What does Michelangelo do after accepting the Cardinal's commission?
(a) rents an apartment and sends for Argiento
(b) goes into hiding
(c) gives all his money to Lodovico
(d) moves back to Rome
5. What does Michelangelo give his brothers Buonarroto and Giovansimone ?
(a) money to open their own shop
(b) an audience with Pope Leo X
(c) his house in Florence
(d) a place to stay in Rome
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does da Vinci align himself with the Borgias?
2. Who causes Michelangelo problems over his plans for Julius II's tomb?
3. Having lost everything, what is the one contract Michelangelo has?
4. Why does Michelangelo have trouble with the Bolognese people?
5. As payment to the French, what will Michelangelo carve?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Michelangelo disenchanted with the work he is doing for a cardinal while thinking about the Wool Guild marble?
2. Briefly describe the intrigue going on in Rome while Michelangelo works on the Sistine Chapel.
3. Describe briefly the attraction Michelangelo feels toward Tommaso Cavalieri.
4. What is the political shift in the Vatican after Leo X dies?
5. How does Michelangelo react when he is refused admittance to see Pope Julius II?
6. What demand does Pope Julius make on Michelangelo that he does not want to do?
7. How is Michelangelo caught up in the politics between Florence and Pope Clement?
8. Even in Florence what does Michelangelo learn about the influence of the Pope?
9. How does Bramante complicate the start of Pope Julius II's tomb?
10. How does Pope Leo X, Giovanni de Medici, the first of the de Medici Popes, use Vatican finances?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)