|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julius II give Michelangelo?
(a) a small stipend which he sends to his father
(b) an order to redesign his tomb
(c) a work area he must pay rent on
(d) a house he must pay rent on but no money
2. From whom does Jacopo Galli secure a commission for Michelangelo?
(a) a magistrate
(b) a shipping magnate
(c) a prince
(d) a cardinal
3. What does Pope Julius demand Michelangelo make for him?
(a) a bronze statue
(b) a marble table
(c) a bas relief
(d) a painting
4. What kind of artwork does Michelangelo accept reluctantly?
(c) jewelry design
(d) small wood sculpuures
5. What does Leo X want Michelangelo to work on after his sister dies?
(a) the de Medici family church, San Lorenzo
(b) the de Medici family burial vault
(c) the statue of St. Teresa
(d) the Contessina's tomb
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke really want to punish Michelangelo for?
2. What does Michelangelo give his brothers Buonarroto and Giovansimone ?
3. Who is the female friend Michelangelo visits in Bologna?
4. While working on Julius' tomb, what comes Michelangelo's way?
5. Who causes Michelangelo problems over his plans for Julius II's tomb?
Short Essay Questions
1. Although Pope Clement had been unpopular in Florence, how does Michelangelo view his death?
2. Why is Michelangelo disenchanted with the work he is doing for a cardinal while thinking about the Wool Guild marble?
3. How does Pope Leo X, Giovanni de Medici, the first of the de Medici Popes, use Vatican finances?
4. Briefly describe the intrigue going on in Rome while Michelangelo works on the Sistine Chapel.
5. How is Michelangelo caught up in the politics between Florence and Pope Clement?
6. What problem does Michelangelo learn about that holds up awarding the Wool Guild commission?
7. How does Michelangelo finally get the Wool Guild commission?
8. How do the Bolognese assign the guilt of association to Michelangelo?
9. How does Michelangelo learn about the block of marble that will eventually become one of his greatest works?
10. Briefly explain the problem Michelangelo has with the Carraini over Leo's insistence on using Pietrasanta marble.
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)