|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the misconception his family has of Michelangelo?
(a) he is in trouble with the law
(b) he has contracts he hasn't told them about
(c) he is a total failure
(d) he is made of money
2. What does Michelangelo insist on from the Pope?
(a) that Swiss Guards surround the chapel at night
(b) that only he have the keys to the chapel
(c) that he be given extra money for paints
(d) that he sleep in the chapel
3. What is the reaction of the Pope when Michelangelo leaves Rome?
(a) he is angry
(b) he sends money
(c) he doesn't notice
(d) he is relieved
4. What causes the death of Pope Leo X?
(a) a heart attack
(b) a cup of hemlock
(c) the plague
(d) a chill caught while on a hunt
5. Why can Michelangelo not visit the Contessina?
(a) he does not know where to find her
(b) the Pope might become angry with the Ridolfi family
(c) he does not have the proper clothes
(d) her husband will not allow it
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pope Julius demand Michelangelo make for him?
2. When the project for Leo X is canceled, how does Michelangelo feel?
3. What does the Duke of Urbino, administrator of Julius' will and his heir want from Michelangelo?
4. Having lost everything, what is the one contract Michelangelo has?
5. What does Michelangelo accept that puts him in competition with da Vinci?
Short Essay Questions
1. Even in Florence what does Michelangelo learn about the influence of the Pope?
2. What political unrest occurs while Michelangelo works on the David?
3. Why is Michelangelo disenchanted with the work he is doing for a cardinal while thinking about the Wool Guild marble?
4. How does Michelangelo's father add stress to his son while he is working on Pope Julius' tomb?
5. Describe briefly the attraction Michelangelo feels toward Tommaso Cavalieri.
6. What family problem does Michelangelo attempt to solve with his brothers?
7. How does Michelangelo learn about the block of marble that will eventually become one of his greatest works?
8. What is the political shift in the Vatican after Leo X dies?
9. Briefly describe the intrigue going on in Rome while Michelangelo works on the Sistine Chapel.
10. What demand does Pope Julius make on Michelangelo that he does not want to do?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)