|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Lodovico dies in 1534, what does Michelangelo do?
(a) sells everything he has in Florence and goes to Spain
(b) appeal to Pope Clement for more commissions
(c) travels to Milan to find new commissions
(d) sees the work finished on San Lorenzo and returns to Rome
2. When do Michelangelo and the Contessina finally talk about their mutual love?
(a) one night in the Sistine Chapel
(b) after her husband dies
(c) on her deathbed
(d) when she becomes the official hostess of the Pope
3. Who replaces Pope Leo X?
(a) Pope Clement
(b) Pope Adrian
(c) Pope Alexander
(d) Pope Pius II
4. Which former admirer of the artist, now seems to scorn Michelangelo?
(a) da Vinci
5. Who is the female friend Michelangelo visits in Bologna?
(b) the Contessina
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke really want to punish Michelangelo for?
2. What does the Duke of Urbino, administrator of Julius' will and his heir want from Michelangelo?
3. Who is gaining in popularity and importance in Rome to Michelangelo's advantage?
4. What kind of artwork does Michelangelo accept reluctantly?
5. What does Leo X want Michelangelo to work on after his sister dies?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)