|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke really want to punish Michelangelo for?
(a) for abandoning the project in favor of de Medici projects
(b) for taking so long to do the tomb
(c) for changing the design of the tomb
(d) for living in the Medicdi palace
2. Why does Lodovico not understand Michelangelo's financial situation?
(a) he is very poor at numbers
(b) he thinks Michelangelo lies to him
(c) he forgets how much Michelangelo has given the family
(d) others work for the Vatican and become rich
3. What happens two days after Michelangelo's return to Rome?
(a) Pope Clement dies
(b) the Holy Roman Empire is defeated
(c) St. Peter's basilica collapses
(d) Rome burns
4. What is Michelangelo's problem for getting the Pietrasanta marble to Rome?
(a) no wagon is big enough
(b) no road is available
(c) no one will help him
(d) the marble is too fragile
5. While working on Julius' tomb, what comes Michelangelo's way?
(a) proposals for a variety of projects
(b) a new house and shop
(c) an audience with the Pope
(d) money that has long been owed him
Short Answer Questions
1. Who agrees to protect Florence from the Borgias?
2. What does Sangallo, Michelangelo's old friend, discover about Michelangelo's problem with the painting?
3. What is offered to Michelangelo with a commission for him to sculpt the Twelve Apostles for the cathedral?
4. Having lost everything, what is the one contract Michelangelo has?
5. Who is the female friend Michelangelo visits in Bologna?
Short Essay Questions
1. What political unrest occurs while Michelangelo works on the David?
2. What audacious request does Pope Leo make of Michelangelo while he works on Julius' tomb?
3. How does Bramante complicate the start of Pope Julius II's tomb?
4. How does Pope Leo X, Giovanni de Medici, the first of the de Medici Popes, use Vatican finances?
5. What problem does Michelangelo learn about that holds up awarding the Wool Guild commission?
6. How is Michelangelo caught up in the politics between Florence and Pope Clement?
7. How does Michelangelo react to the cancellation of the San Lorenzo project?
8. How does Michelangelo finally get the Wool Guild commission?
9. How do Michelangelo and da Vinci end up working on the same project?
10. What family problem does Michelangelo attempt to solve with his brothers?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)