|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pope Julius demand Michelangelo make for him?
(a) a bas relief
(b) a bronze statue
(c) a marble table
(d) a painting
2. What does Michelangelo give his brothers Buonarroto and Giovansimone ?
(a) a place to stay in Rome
(b) money to open their own shop
(c) an audience with Pope Leo X
(d) his house in Florence
3. What is Michelangelo's problem for getting the Pietrasanta marble to Rome?
(a) the marble is too fragile
(b) no wagon is big enough
(c) no road is available
(d) no one will help him
4. Why does the city of Florence bribe Caesar Borgia?
(a) to come and rule Florence
(b) not to take Florence artists to Rome
(c) not to conquer Florence
(d) to lower Florence's taxes
5. Who is gaining in popularity and importance in Rome to Michelangelo's advantage?
(a) Domenico Ghirlandaio
(b) Cardinal Giovanni de Medici
(c) Pietro Torrigiani
(d) Cardinal Riario
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michelangelo see in the form of Tommaso Cavalieri?
2. What does Michelangelo insist on from the Pope?
3. What on Michelangelo's wall gains him several enemies?
4. Having lost everything, what is the one contract Michelangelo has?
5. From whom does Jacopo Galli secure a commission for Michelangelo?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)