|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Having lost everything, what is the one contract Michelangelo has?
(a) a gravestone for a merchant
(b) a Risen Christ for Metello Vari
(c) a garden decoration for de Medici
(d) a cupid for the Bishop of Florence
2. Which former admirer of the artist, now seems to scorn Michelangelo?
(d) da Vinci
3. What does Michelangelo's father accuse him of in letters from Florence?
(a) spending a fortune on himself
(b) siding with the de Medicis.
(c) forgetting his family name
(d) causing problems for his brothers
4. What does the Wool Guild own that is of interest to Michelangelo?
(a) a scaffolding they do not use
(b) a large block of marble
(c) a contract for decorating a palace
(d) a studio for rent
5. What saves Michelangelo from losing everything to the Duke of Urbino?
(a) The next Pope is Giulio de Medici, who becomes Pope Clement VII
(b) the Duke dies of a stroke
(c) Jacopo Galli testifies in favor of Michelangelo
(d) Pope Adrian has a change of heart
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Jacopo Galli secure a commission for Michelangelo?
2. Before the David statue can be placed, what happens?
3. What kind of artwork does Michelangelo accept reluctantly?
4. What does Leonardo da Vinci do that irritates Michelangelo?
5. What happens to prevent Michelangelo from finishing the tomb of Pope Julius this time?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)