|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michelangelo give his brothers Buonarroto and Giovansimone ?
(a) his house in Florence
(b) money to open their own shop
(c) a place to stay in Rome
(d) an audience with Pope Leo X
2. What does da Vinci tell Michelangelo that he has brought to its limits with nothing for others to perfect?
(a) sculpting tombs
(b) polishing marble like the pieta
(c) larger than life sculptures
(d) painting the nude figure
3. Pope Paul III likes Michelangelo's nudes in the Sistine Chapel but how do others view them?
(a) too ethereal to understand
(b) too good to be hidden in a church
(c) scandalous and revolting
(d) old fashioned and plain
4. Who causes Michelangelo problems over his plans for Julius II's tomb?
(b) his brother Lionardo
(d) da Vinci
5. What kind of artwork does Michelangelo accept reluctantly?
(a) small wood sculpuures
(d) jewelry design
Short Answer Questions
1. What new commission does the Pope give to Michelangelo?
2. What commission has Bramante won from the Pope?
3. From whom does Jacopo Galli secure a commission for Michelangelo?
4. What does Michelangelo do after accepting the Cardinal's commission?
5. Why does Michelangelo have trouble with the Bolognese people?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Michelangelo and da Vinci end up working on the same project?
2. What is the political shift in the Vatican after Leo X dies?
3. What does Michelangelo hope for after Pope Julius II dies?
4. What audacious request does Pope Leo make of Michelangelo while he works on Julius' tomb?
5. How does Bramante complicate the start of Pope Julius II's tomb?
6. Why is Michelangelo disenchanted with the work he is doing for a cardinal while thinking about the Wool Guild marble?
7. How do the Bolognese assign the guilt of association to Michelangelo?
8. Describe briefly the attraction Michelangelo feels toward Tommaso Cavalieri.
9. Even in Florence what does Michelangelo learn about the influence of the Pope?
10. What family problem does Michelangelo attempt to solve with his brothers?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)