|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Michelangelo not talk to Pope Julius II?
(a) the Pope is in Bologna
(b) there is a waiting list for months
(c) the Swiss guard will not let him pass
(d) he cannot gain an audience
2. What does the Wool Guild own that is of interest to Michelangelo?
(a) a studio for rent
(b) a large block of marble
(c) a contract for decorating a palace
(d) a scaffolding they do not use
3. What work of da Vinci's does Giuliano want to show Michelangelo?
(a) a machine that allows a man to fly
(b) a lens to improve vision
(c) a new kind of carriage
(d) experiments in alchemy
4. What does the Duke really want to punish Michelangelo for?
(a) for taking so long to do the tomb
(b) for living in the Medicdi palace
(c) for abandoning the project in favor of de Medici projects
(d) for changing the design of the tomb
5. What does the new Pope allow Duke of Urbino to do?
(a) confiscate all Michelangelo's marble
(b) ban Michelangelo from working
(c) make Michelangelo finish the tomb
(d) take Michelangelo to court
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Jacopo Galli secure a commission for Michelangelo?
2. What does Julius II give Michelangelo?
3. Who succeeds Pope Julius II as Pope Leo X?
4. What does Leo X want Michelangelo to work on after his sister dies?
5. The Pope wants the road but what other problem does Michelangelo have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Michelangelo learn about the block of marble that will eventually become one of his greatest works?
2. How does Michelangelo react to the cancellation of the San Lorenzo project?
3. Although Pope Clement had been unpopular in Florence, how does Michelangelo view his death?
4. What does Michelangelo hope for after Pope Julius II dies?
5. What problem does Michelangelo learn about that holds up awarding the Wool Guild commission?
6. What demand does Pope Julius make on Michelangelo that he does not want to do?
7. What political unrest occurs while Michelangelo works on the David?
8. What is the political shift in the Vatican after Leo X dies?
9. What family problem does Michelangelo attempt to solve with his brothers?
10. Even in Florence what does Michelangelo learn about the influence of the Pope?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)