|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the young man Michelangelo becomes infatuated with?
(a) Andrea Bregno
(b) Francesco Granacci
(c) Pietro Torrigiani
(d) Tommaso Cavalieri
2. What does Leo X want Michelangelo to work on after his sister dies?
(a) the de Medici family church, San Lorenzo
(b) the statue of St. Teresa
(c) the Contessina's tomb
(d) the de Medici family burial vault
3. As payment to the French, what will Michelangelo carve?
(a) a tomb for the King
(b) a monument to set up in Paris
(c) something for Charles VIII
(d) something for the Marechal de' Gie
4. What would closing their shop in Florence cost Michelangelo's brothers?
(a) the break up of their families
(b) a full year's rent
(c) to lose their merchant standing within the community
(d) their places on the city council
5. What commission has Bramante won from the Pope?
(a) to add on to the Vatican
(b) to carve the Pope's tomb
(c) to design the tomb Michelangelo will carve
(d) to build a new St. Peter's
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lodovico not understand Michelangelo's financial situation?
2. What happens when Pope Leo insists on Pietrasanta marble, not Carraini marble?
3. What does Michelangelo give his brothers Buonarroto and Giovansimone ?
4. What new commission does the Pope give to Michelangelo?
5. What work of da Vinci's does Giuliano want to show Michelangelo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Michelangelo realize as he studies the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel?
2. How does Pope Paul III outmaneuver Michelangelo over the matter of Pope Julius' tomb?
3. How do the Bolognese assign the guilt of association to Michelangelo?
4. What demand does Pope Julius make on Michelangelo that he does not want to do?
5. How does Bramante complicate the start of Pope Julius II's tomb?
6. How does Michelangelo react when he is refused admittance to see Pope Julius II?
7. How is Michelangelo caught up in the politics between Florence and Pope Clement?
8. Briefly explain the problem Michelangelo has with the Carraini over Leo's insistence on using Pietrasanta marble.
9. How does Michelangelo learn about the block of marble that will eventually become one of his greatest works?
10. What does Michelangelo hope for after Pope Julius II dies?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)