|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to all the marbles Michelangelo collects for the St. Lorenzo church?
(a) it is thrown into the tiber rriver
(b) it is left where it lay affter the accident
(c) it is used for tiling the floor of the duomo
(d) it is crushed and used for road paving
2. What is worked out that the Duke of Urbino will accept instead of the finished tomb?
(a) a written apology from Michelangelo
(b) an extension of time to finish the tomb
(c) an assignment as the Cardinal of Milan
(d) a statue of Moses and two other statues in Michelangelo's home
3. Why do the city fathers of Florence not receive Michelangelo well?
(a) he has no money for taxes
(b) they remember his de Medici connection
(c) fear of angering the Pope
(d) the unfinished work he left behind
4. What does the new Pope want to do in the church?
(a) to right the wrongs of Pope Leo X
(b) tear down the tomb of Pope Julius II
(c) build a new cathedral
(d) execute all artists
5. What does Pope Leo X want Leonardo da Vinci, Raphael, and Michelangelo to do?
(a) return to Florence
(b) design his summer villa
(c) become friends
(d) work together on the sistine Chapel
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is gaining in popularity and importance in Rome to Michelangelo's advantage?
2. What does the Wool Guild own that is of interest to Michelangelo?
3. What scene does Michelangelo want to paint in the Sistine Chapel?
4. Who is coming to the home of Vittoria Colonna, the Marchesa di Pescara?
5. What new commission does the Pope give to Michelangelo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Even in Florence what does Michelangelo learn about the influence of the Pope?
2. How does Michelangelo finally get the Wool Guild commission?
3. Why does Michelangelo not close up his brothers' unprofitable shop?
4. Why is Michelangelo disenchanted with the work he is doing for a cardinal while thinking about the Wool Guild marble?
5. How do the Bolognese assign the guilt of association to Michelangelo?
6. What problem does Michelangelo learn about that holds up awarding the Wool Guild commission?
7. Briefly describe the intrigue going on in Rome while Michelangelo works on the Sistine Chapel.
8. Although Pope Clement had been unpopular in Florence, how does Michelangelo view his death?
9. What demand does Pope Julius make on Michelangelo that he does not want to do?
10. How does Michelangelo react to the cancellation of the San Lorenzo project?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)