|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Lodovico dies in 1534, what does Michelangelo do?
(a) sells everything he has in Florence and goes to Spain
(b) appeal to Pope Clement for more commissions
(c) sees the work finished on San Lorenzo and returns to Rome
(d) travels to Milan to find new commissions
2. What is the connection of Pope Paul III to the de Medici family?
(a) his mother was a de Medici
(b) his sister is married to a de Medici
(c) he was educated by Lorenzo de Medici
(d) he once worked for Pope Leo X
3. From whom does Jacopo Galli secure a commission for Michelangelo?
(a) a cardinal
(b) a shipping magnate
(c) a magistrate
(d) a prince
4. What saves Michelangelo from losing everything to the Duke of Urbino?
(a) Jacopo Galli testifies in favor of Michelangelo
(b) the Duke dies of a stroke
(c) Pope Adrian has a change of heart
(d) The next Pope is Giulio de Medici, who becomes Pope Clement VII
5. Who is coming to the home of Vittoria Colonna, the Marchesa di Pescara?
(a) King Charles V of France
(b) Pope Clement
(c) the Doge of Milan
(d) Prince Olaf of Norway
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of artwork does Michelangelo accept reluctantly?
2. When do Michelangelo and the Contessina finally talk about their mutual love?
3. Which former admirer of the artist, now seems to scorn Michelangelo?
4. Why does da Vinci align himself with the Borgias?
5. What does Michelangelo realize his painting in the Sistine Chapel is supposed to do?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)