|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michelangelo give his brothers Buonarroto and Giovansimone ?
(a) money to open their own shop
(b) his house in Florence
(c) a place to stay in Rome
(d) an audience with Pope Leo X
2. How does Buonarroto's wife cause problems for Michelangelo?
(a) she produces several children
(b) she becomes a spy for Pope Julius II
(c) she tries to seduce Michelangelo
(d) she demands fine gowns and jewels
3. What kind of artwork does Michelangelo accept reluctantly?
(a) small wood sculpuures
(c) jewelry design
4. Why are Michelangelo and some of his friends under suspicion in Rome?
(a) because the rarely attend mass
(b) because they visit with King Charles V of France
(c) because they do not think the Church is infallible
(d) because they prefer the nude statues of Michelangelo
5. Who is coming to the home of Vittoria Colonna, the Marchesa di Pescara?
(a) Pope Clement
(b) the Doge of Milan
(c) Prince Olaf of Norway
(d) King Charles V of France
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the new Pope want to do in the church?
2. What saves Michelangelo from losing everything to the Duke of Urbino?
3. Pope Paul III likes Michelangelo's nudes in the Sistine Chapel but how do others view them?
4. What does Pope Leo X want Leonardo da Vinci, Raphael, and Michelangelo to do?
5. Who succeeds Pope Julius II as Pope Leo X?
Short Essay Questions
1. What political unrest occurs while Michelangelo works on the David?
2. How does Michelangelo react to the cancellation of the San Lorenzo project?
3. Why is Michelangelo disenchanted with the work he is doing for a cardinal while thinking about the Wool Guild marble?
4. What demand does Pope Julius make on Michelangelo that he does not want to do?
5. What is the political shift in the Vatican after Leo X dies?
6. How does Michelangelo learn about the block of marble that will eventually become one of his greatest works?
7. What family problem does Michelangelo attempt to solve with his brothers?
8. Even in Florence what does Michelangelo learn about the influence of the Pope?
9. How is Michelangelo caught up in the politics between Florence and Pope Clement?
10. Although Pope Clement had been unpopular in Florence, how does Michelangelo view his death?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)