|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Michelangelo have trouble with the Bolognese people?
(a) because he has no money
(b) because he is from Florence
(c) because he works for the Pope
(d) because he spurns Clarissa
2. What is worked out that the Duke of Urbino will accept instead of the finished tomb?
(a) an extension of time to finish the tomb
(b) an assignment as the Cardinal of Milan
(c) a written apology from Michelangelo
(d) a statue of Moses and two other statues in Michelangelo's home
3. What scene does Michelangelo want to paint in the Sistine Chapel?
(a) the birth of Jesus
(b) Noah and the flood
(c) Moses and the Ten Commandments
(d) the Genesis story
4. Pope Paul III likes Michelangelo's nudes in the Sistine Chapel but how do others view them?
(a) scandalous and revolting
(b) too ethereal to understand
(c) old fashioned and plain
(d) too good to be hidden in a church
5. Why does da Vinci align himself with the Borgias?
(a) to hedge his bets
(b) to test some of his inventions
(c) to be on the winning side
(d) to get back at Michelangelo
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to all the marbles Michelangelo collects for the St. Lorenzo church?
2. What is offered to Michelangelo with a commission for him to sculpt the Twelve Apostles for the cathedral?
3. What does Michelangelo do after accepting the Cardinal's commission?
4. What does Leonardo da Vinci do that irritates Michelangelo?
5. What on Michelangelo's wall gains him several enemies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly explain the problem Michelangelo has with the Carraini over Leo's insistence on using Pietrasanta marble.
2. Why does Michelangelo not close up his brothers' unprofitable shop?
3. What audacious request does Pope Leo make of Michelangelo while he works on Julius' tomb?
4. How do Michelangelo and da Vinci end up working on the same project?
5. Although Pope Clement had been unpopular in Florence, how does Michelangelo view his death?
6. Even in Florence what does Michelangelo learn about the influence of the Pope?
7. How does Michelangelo's father add stress to his son while he is working on Pope Julius' tomb?
8. What demand does Pope Julius make on Michelangelo that he does not want to do?
9. Briefly describe the intrigue going on in Rome while Michelangelo works on the Sistine Chapel.
10. What problem does Michelangelo learn about that holds up awarding the Wool Guild commission?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)