|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants to bring down the papacy and return Italy to the simple, stark, religious ways of his own beliefs?
(a) Lorenzo de Medici
(b) Leonardo da Vinci
(d) Lodovico Buonarroti
2. After the death of Lorenzo de Medici, where does Michelangelo find himself?
(a) on the way to Portugal
(b) back sharing a bed with his brother
(c) back at the Tropolino house
(d) working in the marble quarry
3. What does Michelangelo believe that Ghirlandaio disagrees with?
(a) that painting is a waste of time
(b) that humans should never be painted nude
(c) that art is a useless occupation
(d) that sculpture is the greatest art form
4. Who is the young Contessina de Medici that Michelangelo sees in the sculpture garden?
(a) the mother of Lorenzo
(b) the eldest daughter of Lorenzo
(c) the youngest daughter of Lorenzo
(d) the wife of Lorenzo
5. For whom does Michelangelo offer to carve something?
(a) the church
(b) his father
(c) the Contessina
(d) Piero de Medici
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ghirlandaio want Michelangelo to do?
2. What is Michelangelo allowed to do for his painting of a neophyte for the Baptism of John panel?
3. What is Ghirlandaio reluctant to do?
4. What does Michelangelo learn his old nemesis, Torrigiani, is doing in Rome?
5. What raw material does Michelangelo use to carve a crucifix?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Michelangelo's strong opinions about art.
2. Explain how Michelangelo finds the place where he really wants to be.
3. How does Torrigiani expose his envy of Michelangelo?
4. What happens when Michelangelo finally gets to speak with Cardinal Riario about starting on the large block of marble?
5. Tell something about Michelangelo's reception when he returns home.
6. What is the result of Michelangelo's carving something for Piero de Medici?
7. How does Michelangelo escape his father's house?
8. Describe Michelangelo's frustration in the Sculpture Garden.
9. What, beside the Bacchus commission, does Michelangelo get from Jacopo Galli?
10. What does Lorenzo de Medici reveal to Michelangelo about his training?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)