|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Michelangelo arrange for loans?
(a) to pay the Cardinal
(b) to pay his father's debt
(c) to buy a workshop
(d) to send for his family
2. In addition to Michelangelo's other problems, what happens to the Cardinal of San Dionigi?
(a) he loses his mind and cannot remember Michelangelo
(b) he is excommunicated
(c) he dies before the pieta is finished
(d) he is sent to be the Cardinal of Germany
3. Where does Michelangelo go to study?
(a) the Plato Academy
(b) the library of the Order of Hermits of Santo Spiritu
(c) the art school of Milan
(d) the Vatican archives
4. Who operates the sculpture garden?
(a) da Vinci
5. What does Michelangelo learn the city fathers have sent behind Piero de Medici's back?
(a) a warrant for Piero's arrest
(b) a request for mercenaries from Germany
(c) a delegation to Charles VIII
(d) letters to the Pope
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets Michelangelo a short interview with Cardinal Riario?
2. What does Michelangelo's brother, Lionardo, believe his brother has become?
3. What is one thing Michelangelo is thrilled that he can do?
4. Where does Lodovico want Michelangelo accepted?
5. What do the members of the elite academy discuss and learn about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Michelangelo react to the Cardinal's failure to give him instructions and permission to start carving?
2. What happens when Michelangelo finally gets to speak with Cardinal Riario about starting on the large block of marble?
3. Explain how Michelangelo finally gets to do some real artwork.
4. What does Lorenzo de Medici reveal to Michelangelo about his training?
5. Explain what Michelangelo is expected to learn in addition to his art.
6. What is Michelangelo's dilemma while trying to learn from Bertoldo?
7. Explain how Michelangelo finds the place where he really wants to be.
8. Describe Michelangelo's meeting Clarissa.
9. When the Contessina sees Michelangelo after he leaves her house, what transpires?
10. Describe how Michelangelo's ideas depart from the ideas of his teacher.
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)