|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michelangelo recognize he must do to keep his father from taking him away?
(a) earn some money
(b) stay out of his father's sight
(c) start working in marble
(d) bring home good reports
2. After one year, what is Michelangelo allowed to paint?
(a) still lifes
(b) practice canvases
(d) small portraits
3. How does Michelangelo set himself apart at the Guild Hall of Signor Ghirlandaio?
(a) with his talents and beliefs
(b) with his anti-social behavior
(c) with his long hours of study
(d) with the poorness of his clothes
4. Who helps Michelangelo find a place of his own?
(a) Andrea Bregno
(b) Leo Baglioni
(c) Jacopo Galli
(d) Giuliano da Sangallo
5. If caught in his nighttime study of anatomy, what might the Church do to him?
(a) dismiss him from school
(b) put him in prison
(c) put him to death
(d) put him in a monastery
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of a commission, what does Cardinal Riario give Michelangelo?
2. What does Michelangelo tell his brother about his art?
3. What does Giuliano da Sangallo do for Michelangelo?
4. As a second problem, what must Michelangelo have if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
5. What does Michelangelo's brother, Lionardo, believe his brother has become?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the antagonism of Bramante developed against Michelangelo.
2. Explain how Michelangelo finds the place where he really wants to be.
3. When the Contessina sees Michelangelo after he leaves her house, what transpires?
4. Describe the conditions Michelangelo finds when he moves into Lorenzo's palazzo.
5. How does Michelangelo react to the Cardinal's failure to give him instructions and permission to start carving?
6. What, beside the Bacchus commission, does Michelangelo get from Jacopo Galli?
7. Describe how Michelangelo gets his start in art education.
8. Describe the beginning of the friendship between Michelangelo and the Contessina.
9. Describe Michelangelo's meeting Clarissa.
10. Describe Michelangelo's problem in trying to convince his father to allow him to study in the Sculpture Garden.
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)