|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Michelangelo's conclusion about his looks after the broken nose?
(a) now he is handsome
(b) his work must conceal his looks
(c) it is something he cannot change
(d) it makes him look eccentric
2. What does Granacci tell Michelangelo that Ghirlandaio is willing to do?
(a) find him another patron
(b) sponsor him as a sculptor
(c) accept him back as an apprentice
(d) bring him back as a teacher of sculpture
3. What does Bertoldo, the sculptor master, give Michelangelo?
(a) much praise and encouragement
(b) a special workplace
(c) new sculpting tools
(d) much criticism of what he does
4. Just as Michelangelo starts working for Galli, what do the creditors in Florence demand?
(a) all the money within one month
(b) part of the money within the week
(c) letters of credit from Jacopo Galli
(d) Michelangelo return to Florence and work there
5. What is Michelangelo's position in the home of Cardinal Riario?
(a) the apprentice architect
(b) the philosophy instructor
(c) one of the Cardinal's skilled workmen
(d) the Cardinals confidant
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lodovico initially refuse to give his son?
2. With whom does Piero de Medici refuse to work?
3. What does Michelangelo have after his meeting with the Cardinal?
4. Who operates the sculpture garden?
5. Who is Il Magnifico?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Michelangelo finally gets to do some real artwork.
2. What happens when Michelangelo finally gets to speak with Cardinal Riario about starting on the large block of marble?
3. Explain how the antagonism of Bramante developed against Michelangelo.
4. Describe the conditions Michelangelo finds when he moves into Lorenzo's palazzo.
5. Explain the surprise announcement after Michelangelo has been at Ghirlandaio's school for one year.
6. Describe Michelangelo's meeting Clarissa.
7. When the Contessina sees Michelangelo after he leaves her house, what transpires?
8. Explain what Michelangelo is expected to learn in addition to his art.
9. Describe Michelangelo's problem in trying to convince his father to allow him to study in the Sculpture Garden.
10. How does Michelangelo escape his father's house?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)