|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bertoldo, the sculptor master, give Michelangelo?
(a) new sculpting tools
(b) much praise and encouragement
(c) a special workplace
(d) much criticism of what he does
2. What is something Michelangelo learns from members of the academy?
(a) music and dancing
(b) accounting and the importance of politics
(c) elocution and ethics
(d) literature and the value of writing poetry
3. What does Michelangelo have after his meeting with the Cardinal?
(a) a seven-foot block of marble and no money
(b) a commission to carvea pieta
(c) a letter of introduction to the Pope
(d) a new workshop to work in
4. What does Lodovico initially refuse to give his son?
(a) permission to attend the de Medici school
(b) new clothes fitting for the Medici palace
(c) money to live on
(d) the new equipment he will need
5. Who is perfectly content to keep house and cook for Michelangelo?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Michelangelo use for models to perfect his knowledge of anatomy?
2. What are the people of Florence not happy about?
3. How does Michelangelo set himself apart at the Guild Hall of Signor Ghirlandaio?
4. How does Michelangelo learn anatomy at the charity hospital of Santo Spirito?
5. What is the first of Michelangelo's problems if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the result of Michelangelo's carving something for Piero de Medici?
2. Describe Michelangelo's strong opinions about art.
3. Explain how the antagonism of Bramante developed against Michelangelo.
4. Explain how Michelangelo finds the place where he really wants to be.
5. Describe Michelangelo's frustration in the Sculpture Garden.
6. Why doesn't Michelangelo accept the offer to return to Ghirlandaio's school?
7. What happens when Michelangelo finally gets to speak with Cardinal Riario about starting on the large block of marble?
8. Explain the risk Michelangelo takes for his art.
9. Describe how Michelangelo gets his start in art education.
10. What is the first problem facing Michelangelo before he can study under Bertoldo?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)