|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michelangelo get Ghirlandaio to do for him?
(a) give him a good recommendation
(b) buy all of his art supplies
(c) pay him a stipend to study there
(d) allow him to paint his own designs
2. Working all day and studying all night, what do people think Michelangelo is doing?
(a) getting drunk and living a wild life
(b) seeing a lover
(c) running contraband goods
(d) looking for ways out of Florence
3. What does Savonarola preach about the de Medici family?
(a) they are evil and should be destroyed
(b) they are rich and should give to the poor
(c) they are holy and should be revered
(d) they are his strong supporters
4. Where does Lodovico want Michelangelo accepted?
(a) a merchant guild
(b) Ghirlandaio's school
(c) the Plato Academy
(d) the Florentine guard
5. What does Michelangelo recognize he must do to keep his father from taking him away?
(a) bring home good reports
(b) start working in marble
(c) stay out of his father's sight
(d) earn some money
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Michelangelo spend a lot of his free time near the sculpture garden?
2. Besides working on his commission, what does Michelangelo enjoy in Galli's home?
3. What is Ghirlandaio reluctant to do?
4. Because he likes Michelangelo's cupid so well, what does Jacopo Galli commission him to sculpt?
5. What are the people of Florence not happy about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Michelangelo's living conditions when he first comes to Rome.
2. Describe how Michelangelo's ideas depart from the ideas of his teacher.
3. How does Michelangelo finally get the Wool Guild commission?
4. Although Pope Clement had been unpopular in Florence, how does Michelangelo view his death?
5. How does Michelangelo find Vittoria Colona when she returns to Rome?
6. What political unrest occurs while Michelangelo works on the David?
7. What family problem does Michelangelo attempt to solve with his brothers?
8. Tell something about Michelangelo's reception when he returns home.
9. Even in Florence what does Michelangelo learn about the influence of the Pope?
10. What audacious request does Pope Leo make of Michelangelo while he works on Julius' tomb?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)