|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lodovico initially refuse to give his son?
(a) the new equipment he will need
(b) money to live on
(c) permission to attend the de Medici school
(d) new clothes fitting for the Medici palace
2. At the palace de Medici, with whom does Michelangelo share quarters?
(a) Bertoldo, the sculpture master
(b) Francesco Granacci
(c) Pietro Torrigiani
(d) Donato Donatello
3. who brings Michelangelo to Ghirlandaio?
(a) Lorenzo de Medici
(b) Lodovico Buonarroti
(d) Francesco Granacci
4. What elite group is Michelangelo invited to join?
(a) The Bishop's Study Group
(b) The Neo Lyceum
(c) The Florence Arts Guild
(d) The Plato Academy
5. Who is Cardinal Riario di San Giorgio looking for?
(a) the sculptor Dell'Arca
(b) Signor Aldovrandi
(c) Charles VIII of France
(d) the man who had sculpted a cupid he owns
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Michelangelo arrange for loans?
2. Eventually, what does Lodovico hope for that will help his family?
3. Where does Lodovico want Michelangelo accepted?
4. Displeased with Piero de Medici, what are the people of Florence more inclined to listen to?
5. Who asks for two of Ghirlandaio's students to study at his new Medici school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe briefly the way friendship develops between Michelangelo and the contessina.
2. Why doesn't Michelangelo accept the offer to return to Ghirlandaio's school?
3. Explain how Michelangelo finds the place where he really wants to be.
4. What is the result of Michelangelo's carving something for Piero de Medici?
5. What is Michelangelo's dilemma while trying to learn from Bertoldo?
6. How does Michelangelo escape his father's house?
7. Describe how Michelangelo's ideas depart from the ideas of his teacher.
8. Describe Michelangelo's problem in trying to convince his father to allow him to study in the Sculpture Garden.
9. Explain what Michelangelo is expected to learn in addition to his art.
10. Explain how the antagonism of Bramante developed against Michelangelo.
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)