|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Cardinal Riario di San Giorgio looking for?
(a) the man who had sculpted a cupid he owns
(b) the sculptor Dell'Arca
(c) Charles VIII of France
(d) Signor Aldovrandi
2. What does Bertoldo, the sculptor master, give Michelangelo?
(a) a special workplace
(b) much praise and encouragement
(c) much criticism of what he does
(d) new sculpting tools
3. What does Michelangelo have after his meeting with the Cardinal?
(a) a new workshop to work in
(b) a letter of introduction to the Pope
(c) a commission to carvea pieta
(d) a seven-foot block of marble and no money
4. What is the important commission from the Cardinal of San Dionigi that Michelangelo wants to bid on?
(a) the last supper
(b) a statue of David
(c) a crucifixion
(d) a pieta
5. What is Ghirlandaio reluctant to do?
(a) keep Michaelangelo as a student
(b) continue Michaelangelo's stipend
(c) release his student
(d) cater to the Medici family
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michelangelo learn the city fathers have sent behind Piero de Medici's back?
2. What is one thing Michelangelo is thrilled that he can do?
3. What is Michelangelo's response when his father tells him he cannot afford to have pride?
4. What causes Savonarola to agree that he is a heretic and then recant?
5. What is Michelangelo's position in the home of Cardinal Riario?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Bolognese assign the guilt of association to Michelangelo?
2. What political unrest occurs while Michelangelo works on the David?
3. What happens when the Sistine Chapel is open to the public on Christmas Day, 1541?
4. What does Lorenzo de Medici reveal to Michelangelo about his training?
5. How is Michelangelo caught up in the politics between Florence and Pope Clement?
6. How does Michelangelo's first year of training go?
7. Describe the beginning of the friendship between Michelangelo and the Contessina.
8. Explain the surprise announcement after Michelangelo has been at Ghirlandaio's school for one year.
9. Why doesn't Michelangelo accept the offer to return to Ghirlandaio's school?
10. Describe Michelangelo's strong opinions about art.
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)