|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the young Contessina de Medici that Michelangelo sees in the sculpture garden?
(a) the youngest daughter of Lorenzo
(b) the eldest daughter of Lorenzo
(c) the mother of Lorenzo
(d) the wife of Lorenzo
2. After one year, what is Michelangelo allowed to paint?
(a) still lifes
(c) small portraits
(d) practice canvases
3. How is Pietro Torrigiani described?
(a) a plain and untalented boy
(b) a short, fat hanger on
(c) a well-built, handsome young man
(d) a deformed genius
4. Why does Michelangelo arrange for loans?
(a) to buy a workshop
(b) to pay the Cardinal
(c) to send for his family
(d) to pay his father's debt
5. What does Michelangelo believe that Ghirlandaio disagrees with?
(a) that painting is a waste of time
(b) that humans should never be painted nude
(c) that art is a useless occupation
(d) that sculpture is the greatest art form
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing Michelangelo is thrilled that he can do?
2. How does Michelangelo spend a lot of his free time near the sculpture garden?
3. Who asks for two of Ghirlandaio's students to study at his new Medici school?
4. What is the important commission from the Cardinal of San Dionigi that Michelangelo wants to bid on?
5. What does Granacci tell Michelangelo that Ghirlandaio is willing to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Michelangelo's dilemma while trying to learn from Bertoldo?
2. Describe Michelangelo's meeting Clarissa.
3. Explain how Michelangelo finally gets to do some real artwork.
4. Why doesn't Michelangelo accept the offer to return to Ghirlandaio's school?
5. Describe Michelangelo's frustration in the Sculpture Garden.
6. Explain how Michelangelo finds the place where he really wants to be.
7. Describe the beginning of the friendship between Michelangelo and the Contessina.
8. When the Contessina sees Michelangelo after he leaves her house, what transpires?
9. How does Michelangelo escape his father's house?
10. Describe how Michelangelo gets his start in art education.
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)