|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Michelangelo and Granacci reckon Lodovico will not be harsh when he learns his son is going to de Medici?
(a) if he hears the name de Medici
(b) if his step mother is in the room
(c) if Michelangelo promises to give him his money
(d) if Granacci is present
2. What does Lodovico think sculptors are?
(a) little more than being stonecutters
(b) potentially wealthy men
(c) contributors to society
(d) grand artists
3. What does Granacci tell Michelangelo that Ghirlandaio is willing to do?
(a) bring him back as a teacher of sculpture
(b) accept him back as an apprentice
(c) sponsor him as a sculptor
(d) find him another patron
4. who brings Michelangelo to Ghirlandaio?
(a) Lodovico Buonarroti
(b) Francesco Granacci
(c) Lorenzo de Medici
5. Who wants to bring down the papacy and return Italy to the simple, stark, religious ways of his own beliefs?
(a) Lorenzo de Medici
(c) Lodovico Buonarroti
(d) Leonardo da Vinci
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Cardinal Riario di San Giorgio looking for?
2. Who helps Michelangelo find a place of his own?
3. Where is the thirteen-year-old Michelangelo taken in March of 1488?
4. What does Michelangelo's brother, Lionardo, believe his brother has become?
5. While working on the panels, what is Michelangelo dreaming about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Michelangelo's first year of training go?
2. Describe briefly the way friendship develops between Michelangelo and the contessina.
3. What does Lorenzo de Medici reveal to Michelangelo about his training?
4. Explain the surprise announcement after Michelangelo has been at Ghirlandaio's school for one year.
5. What happens when Michelangelo finally gets to speak with Cardinal Riario about starting on the large block of marble?
6. How does Michelangelo react to the Cardinal's failure to give him instructions and permission to start carving?
7. Explain the risk Michelangelo takes for his art.
8. Explain what Michelangelo is expected to learn in addition to his art.
9. Describe Michelangelo's strong opinions about art.
10. When the Contessina sees Michelangelo after he leaves her house, what transpires?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)