|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While working on the panels, what is Michelangelo dreaming about?
(a) making his name in the art world
(b) opening his own studio
(c) finding models
(d) the sculpture garden
2. What does Granacci tell Michelangelo that Ghirlandaio is willing to do?
(a) sponsor him as a sculptor
(b) find him another patron
(c) accept him back as an apprentice
(d) bring him back as a teacher of sculpture
3. Who is Il Magnifico?
(a) Domenico Ghirlandaio
(b) Pope Julius II
(c) the Doge of Milan
(d) Lorenzo de Medici
4. Instead of a commission, what does Cardinal Riario give Michelangelo?
(a) expenses back to florence
(b) the marble
(c) a little money
(d) a scholarship
5. How does Michelangelo learn anatomy at the charity hospital of Santo Spirito?
(a) by watching surgeries
(b) by auditing classes
(c) by dissecting dead bodies
(d) by bathing patients
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giuliano da Sangallo do for Michelangelo?
2. Who is perfectly content to keep house and cook for Michelangelo?
3. How does Michelangelo feel about painting frescoes?
4. What do the members of the elite academy discuss and learn about?
5. How do Michelangelo and Granacci reckon Lodovico will not be harsh when he learns his son is going to de Medici?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly explain the problem Michelangelo has with the Carraini over Leo's insistence on using Pietrasanta marble.
2. What audacious request does Pope Leo make of Michelangelo while he works on Julius' tomb?
3. How does Michelangelo react to the Cardinal's failure to give him instructions and permission to start carving?
4. How does Michelangelo learn about the block of marble that will eventually become one of his greatest works?
5. How does Michelangelo react to the cancellation of the San Lorenzo project?
6. How does Michelangelo's father add stress to his son while he is working on Pope Julius' tomb?
7. How does Michelangelo escape his father's house?
8. How does Michelangelo react when he is refused admittance to see Pope Julius II?
9. Describe Michelangelo's meeting Clarissa.
10. How does Pope Leo X, Giovanni de Medici, the first of the de Medici Popes, use Vatican finances?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)