|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to Rome and is able to help clean out Michelangelo's new quarters?
(a) his brother Buonarroto
(b) his brother Lionardo
(c) his friend Granacci
(d) his father Lodovico
2. After the death of Lorenzo de Medici, where does Michelangelo find himself?
(a) back sharing a bed with his brother
(b) working in the marble quarry
(c) back at the Tropolino house
(d) on the way to Portugal
3. Where does Lodovico want Michelangelo accepted?
(a) a merchant guild
(b) the Florentine guard
(c) the Plato Academy
(d) Ghirlandaio's school
4. How is Pietro Torrigiani described?
(a) a plain and untalented boy
(b) a deformed genius
(c) a short, fat hanger on
(d) a well-built, handsome young man
5. Where is the thirteen-year-old Michelangelo taken in March of 1488?
(a) the Guild Hall of Signor Ghirlandaio
(b) to the home of the Tropolinos
(c) to see the Pope in Rome
(d) the Medici Palace
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michelangelo's brother, Lionardo, believe his brother has become?
2. What does Michelangelo believe that Ghirlandaio disagrees with?
3. What does Savonarola preach about the de Medici family?
4. As Michelangelo progresses, what does he learn about life?
5. Why does Michelangelo arrange for loans?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what Michelangelo is expected to learn in addition to his art.
2. Describe the conditions Michelangelo finds when he moves into Lorenzo's palazzo.
3. What is the first problem facing Michelangelo before he can study under Bertoldo?
4. Describe Michelangelo's meeting Clarissa.
5. What happens when Michelangelo finally gets to speak with Cardinal Riario about starting on the large block of marble?
6. What, beside the Bacchus commission, does Michelangelo get from Jacopo Galli?
7. How does Torrigiani expose his envy of Michelangelo?
8. Describe the beginning of the friendship between Michelangelo and the Contessina.
9. Describe how Michelangelo's ideas depart from the ideas of his teacher.
10. Tell something about Michelangelo's reception when he returns home.
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)