|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Pietro Torrigiani described?
(a) a plain and untalented boy
(b) a well-built, handsome young man
(c) a short, fat hanger on
(d) a deformed genius
2. Because he likes Michelangelo's cupid so well, what does Jacopo Galli commission him to sculpt?
(a) a sculpture of Dyonisus
(b) a sculpture of Adonis
(c) a sculpture of Venus
(d) a sculpture of a Bacchus
3. Who is perfectly content to keep house and cook for Michelangelo?
4. Who is to go to the Medici school along with Michelangelo?
5. What does Lodovico initially refuse to give his son?
(a) permission to attend the de Medici school
(b) money to live on
(c) new clothes fitting for the Medici palace
(d) the new equipment he will need
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michelangelo recognize he must do to keep his father from taking him away?
2. How do Michelangelo and Granacci reckon Lodovico will not be harsh when he learns his son is going to de Medici?
3. What is the important commission from the Cardinal of San Dionigi that Michelangelo wants to bid on?
4. What does Michelangelo discover his father believes about Lorenzo de Medici?
5. With whom does Piero de Medici refuse to work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Tell something about Michelangelo's reception when he returns home.
2. Explain what Michelangelo is expected to learn in addition to his art.
3. Describe the beginning of the friendship between Michelangelo and the Contessina.
4. Describe the conditions Michelangelo finds when he moves into Lorenzo's palazzo.
5. What is Michelangelo's dilemma while trying to learn from Bertoldo?
6. Describe Michelangelo's frustration in the Sculpture Garden.
7. Describe how Michelangelo gets his start in art education.
8. Describe Michelangelo's strong opinions about art.
9. What is the result of Michelangelo's carving something for Piero de Medici?
10. How does Torrigiani expose his envy of Michelangelo?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)