|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While working on the panels, what is Michelangelo dreaming about?
(a) finding models
(b) the sculpture garden
(c) making his name in the art world
(d) opening his own studio
2. What is Michelangelo worried about before going to the Medici school?
(a) how to tell his father
(b) how to dress
(c) where to get his supplies
(d) at what hour to arrive
3. What does Michelangelo learn his old nemesis, Torrigiani, is doing in Rome?
(a) befriending the Borgias
(b) looking for him
(c) selling miniature sculptures
(d) working for the Pope
4. Who does Michelangelo use for models to perfect his knowledge of anatomy?
(a) off duty guards at the Cardinal's palace
(b) men in the Roman baths
(c) his brothers who come down from Florence
(d) boys he finds playing on the streets
5. What is one thing Michelangelo is thrilled that he can do?
(a) travel in the de Medici coach
(b) eat in the dinning room
(c) sleep until noon
(d) see and talk to Contessina
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the thirteen-year-old Michelangelo taken in March of 1488?
2. Displeased with Piero de Medici, what are the people of Florence more inclined to listen to?
3. How does Michelangelo set himself apart at the Guild Hall of Signor Ghirlandaio?
4. Just as Michelangelo starts working for Galli, what do the creditors in Florence demand?
5. Who is the young Contessina de Medici that Michelangelo sees in the sculpture garden?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the result of Michelangelo's carving something for Piero de Medici?
2. How does Michelangelo react to the Cardinal's failure to give him instructions and permission to start carving?
3. What, beside the Bacchus commission, does Michelangelo get from Jacopo Galli?
4. What happens when Michelangelo finally gets to speak with Cardinal Riario about starting on the large block of marble?
5. Explain the risk Michelangelo takes for his art.
6. Describe Michelangelo's strong opinions about art.
7. How does Michelangelo escape his father's house?
8. What is Michelangelo's dilemma while trying to learn from Bertoldo?
9. Describe briefly the way friendship develops between Michelangelo and the contessina.
10. Describe how Michelangelo gets his start in art education.
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)