|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Michelangelo expected to learn about?
(a) keeping a journal
(b) charging for his work
(c) marble quarrying
(d) dress, manners, life, and art
2. What does Savonarola believe art is?
(a) godly and uplifting
(b) blasphemous and ungodly
(c) neither good nor bad
(d) a gift from God
3. What does Michelangelo get Ghirlandaio to do for him?
(a) buy all of his art supplies
(b) pay him a stipend to study there
(c) give him a good recommendation
(d) allow him to paint his own designs
4. What is the first of Michelangelo's problems if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
(a) Ghirlandaio's attitude toward sculpture
(b) the attitude of his father
(c) two years left as an apprentice for Ghirlandaio
(d) money to buy sculpting tools
5. Where does Michelangelo go to study?
(a) the Vatican archives
(b) the Plato Academy
(c) the art school of Milan
(d) the library of the Order of Hermits of Santo Spiritu
Short Answer Questions
1. Who can Michelangelo not rely on to pay his apprentice fees?
2. For his first year as an apprentice, how is Michelangelo treated?
3. Why does Michelangelo compare his work with files borrowed from Ghirlandaio?
4. After a hard winter, where does Michelangelo's friend Granacci take him?
5. who brings Michelangelo to Ghirlandaio?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first problem facing Michelangelo before he can study under Bertoldo?
2. When the Contessina sees Michelangelo after he leaves her house, what transpires?
3. What is Michelangelo's dilemma while trying to learn from Bertoldo?
4. Describe Michelangelo's strong opinions about art.
5. Describe Michelangelo's problem in trying to convince his father to allow him to study in the Sculpture Garden.
6. Describe briefly the way friendship develops between Michelangelo and the contessina.
7. Why doesn't Michelangelo accept the offer to return to Ghirlandaio's school?
8. Explain how Michelangelo finally gets to do some real artwork.
9. Explain the risk Michelangelo takes for his art.
10. How does Torrigiani expose his envy of Michelangelo?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)