|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Piero de Medici want Michelangelo to carve for the birthday of his son, Giuliano?
(a) a bed
(b) a snowman
(c) a set of small soldiers
(d) a cupid
2. What does Savonarola preach about the de Medici family?
(a) they are rich and should give to the poor
(b) they are evil and should be destroyed
(c) they are his strong supporters
(d) they are holy and should be revered
3. Where is the thirteen-year-old Michelangelo taken in March of 1488?
(a) to the home of the Tropolinos
(b) to see the Pope in Rome
(c) the Guild Hall of Signor Ghirlandaio
(d) the Medici Palace
4. What does Michelangelo tell his brother about his art?
(a) that it is all he knows
(b) that it is progressing
(c) that it is holy
(d) that it is his life
5. Who is perfectly content to keep house and cook for Michelangelo?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to bring down the papacy and return Italy to the simple, stark, religious ways of his own beliefs?
2. What elite group is Michelangelo invited to join?
3. What does Michelangelo's brother, Lionardo, believe his brother has become?
4. What raw material does Michelangelo use to carve a crucifix?
5. What is something Michelangelo learns from members of the academy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Michelangelo finally get the Wool Guild commission?
2. Although Pope Clement had been unpopular in Florence, how does Michelangelo view his death?
3. How does Bramante complicate the start of Pope Julius II's tomb?
4. What demand does Pope Julius make on Michelangelo that he does not want to do?
5. Describe briefly the attraction Michelangelo feels toward Tommaso Cavalieri.
6. Explain the risk Michelangelo takes for his art.
7. How does Michelangelo's father add stress to his son while he is working on Pope Julius' tomb?
8. How does Michelangelo react when he is refused admittance to see Pope Julius II?
9. What is the political shift in the Vatican after Leo X dies?
10. What is the result of Michelangelo's carving something for Piero de Medici?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)