|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instead of a commission, what does Cardinal Riario give Michelangelo?
(a) a little money
(b) a scholarship
(c) the marble
(d) expenses back to florence
2. What does Michelangelo carve surreptitiously?
(a) a lion
(b) a faun
(c) a cat
(d) a face
3. What elite group is Michelangelo invited to join?
(a) The Bishop's Study Group
(b) The Florence Arts Guild
(c) The Neo Lyceum
(d) The Plato Academy
4. How does Michelangelo spend a lot of his free time near the sculpture garden?
(a) putting out his paintings for sale
(b) waiting to see a de Medici coming
(c) standing outside the school's gates, watching
(d) sitting in a tree, looking over the wall
5. What does Piero de Medici want Michelangelo to carve for the birthday of his son, Giuliano?
(a) a bed
(b) a set of small soldiers
(c) a snowman
(d) a cupid
Short Answer Questions
1. After one year, what is Michelangelo allowed to paint?
2. What is Michelangelo's position in the home of Cardinal Riario?
3. While working on the panels, what is Michelangelo dreaming about?
4. What does Giuliano da Sangallo do for Michelangelo?
5. What is the first of Michelangelo's problems if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Michelangelo's ideas depart from the ideas of his teacher.
2. What, beside the Bacchus commission, does Michelangelo get from Jacopo Galli?
3. Describe Michelangelo's problem in trying to convince his father to allow him to study in the Sculpture Garden.
4. What is Michelangelo's dilemma while trying to learn from Bertoldo?
5. Explain the effect of Michelangelo's broken nose at the hand of Torrigiani.
6. Describe the beginning of the friendship between Michelangelo and the Contessina.
7. Explain how the antagonism of Bramante developed against Michelangelo.
8. When the Contessina sees Michelangelo after he leaves her house, what transpires?
9. Describe Michelangelo's frustration in the Sculpture Garden.
10. Describe how Michelangelo gets his start in art education.
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)