|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Michelangelo's position in the home of Cardinal Riario?
(a) the philosophy instructor
(b) one of the Cardinal's skilled workmen
(c) the apprentice architect
(d) the Cardinals confidant
2. What does Michelangelo discover his father believes about Lorenzo de Medici?
(a) he is bankrupt
(b) he is a fool
(c) he is a tyrant
(d) he is a saint
3. What does Piero de Medici want Michelangelo to carve for the birthday of his son, Giuliano?
(a) a cupid
(b) a set of small soldiers
(c) a snowman
(d) a bed
4. Who is to go to the Medici school along with Michelangelo?
5. What does Michelangelo insist painting draped figures allows the artist to do?
(a) put emphasis on color over form
(b) work faster to finsh a painting
(c) ignore the shape and features of the body
(d) have less trouble with textures
Short Answer Questions
1. Working all day and studying all night, what do people think Michelangelo is doing?
2. After a hard winter, where does Michelangelo's friend Granacci take him?
3. Who comes and sees the sculpture Michelangelo did?
4. At the palace de Medici, with whom does Michelangelo share quarters?
5. What is Michelangelo expected to learn about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the effect of Michelangelo's broken nose at the hand of Torrigiani.
2. Describe briefly the way friendship develops between Michelangelo and the contessina.
3. Describe the beginning of the friendship between Michelangelo and the Contessina.
4. Explain the surprise announcement after Michelangelo has been at Ghirlandaio's school for one year.
5. When the Contessina sees Michelangelo after he leaves her house, what transpires?
6. What, beside the Bacchus commission, does Michelangelo get from Jacopo Galli?
7. Describe Michelangelo's meeting Clarissa.
8. How does Michelangelo escape his father's house?
9. What is the result of Michelangelo's carving something for Piero de Medici?
10. Describe the conditions Michelangelo finds when he moves into Lorenzo's palazzo.
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)