Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Displeased with Piero de Medici, what are the people of Florence more inclined to listen to?
(a) Savonarola's sermons praising Piero de Medici
(b) speakers promoting a democratic government
(c) Savonarola's sermons about the excesses of evil
(d) proposals for annexing Florence to France
2. Who helps Michelangelo find a place of his own?
(a) Leo Baglioni
(b) Jacopo Galli
(c) Andrea Bregno
(d) Giuliano da Sangallo
3. Because he likes Michelangelo's cupid so well, what does Jacopo Galli commission him to sculpt?
(a) a sculpture of a Bacchus
(b) a sculpture of Adonis
(c) a sculpture of Dyonisus
(d) a sculpture of Venus
4. What does Michelangelo learn his old nemesis, Torrigiani, is doing in Rome?
(a) working for the Pope
(b) befriending the Borgias
(c) looking for him
(d) selling miniature sculptures
5. While working on the panels, what is Michelangelo dreaming about?
(a) finding models
(b) opening his own studio
(c) the sculpture garden
(d) making his name in the art world
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ghirlandaio reluctant to do?
2. What does Piero de Medici want Michelangelo to carve for the birthday of his son, Giuliano?
3. How does Michelangelo feel about painting frescoes?
4. What is Michelangelo worried about before going to the Medici school?
5. As a second problem, what must Michelangelo have if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bramante complicate the start of Pope Julius II's tomb?
2. What does Michelangelo hope for after Pope Julius II dies?
3. Briefly explain the problem Michelangelo has with the Carraini over Leo's insistence on using Pietrasanta marble.
4. What audacious request does Pope Leo make of Michelangelo while he works on Julius' tomb?
5. How does Michelangelo escape his father's house?
6. Explain how Michelangelo finds the place where he really wants to be.
7. Even in Florence what does Michelangelo learn about the influence of the Pope?
8. What does Lorenzo de Medici reveal to Michelangelo about his training?
9. What happens when the Sistine Chapel is open to the public on Christmas Day, 1541?
10. What political unrest occurs while Michelangelo works on the David?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)