|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After a hard winter, where does Michelangelo's friend Granacci take him?
(a) to a museum
(b) to Venice
(c) to an art festival
(d) to a sculpture garden
2. What is something Michelangelo learns from members of the academy?
(a) music and dancing
(b) elocution and ethics
(c) literature and the value of writing poetry
(d) accounting and the importance of politics
3. What does Bertoldo, the sculptor master, give Michelangelo?
(a) new sculpting tools
(b) a special workplace
(c) much criticism of what he does
(d) much praise and encouragement
4. Instead of a commission, what does Cardinal Riario give Michelangelo?
(a) a little money
(b) a scholarship
(c) expenses back to florence
(d) the marble
5. How does Michelangelo set himself apart at the Guild Hall of Signor Ghirlandaio?
(a) with his talents and beliefs
(b) with his anti-social behavior
(c) with his long hours of study
(d) with the poorness of his clothes
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michelangelo discover that he cannot do?
2. What is Michelangelo's response when his father tells him he cannot afford to have pride?
3. Who is Cardinal Riario di San Giorgio looking for?
4. Who comes and sees the sculpture Michelangelo did?
5. With whom does Piero de Medici refuse to work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Michelangelo's frustration in the Sculpture Garden.
2. How does Torrigiani expose his envy of Michelangelo?
3. Describe Michelangelo's meeting Clarissa.
4. What happens when Michelangelo finally gets to speak with Cardinal Riario about starting on the large block of marble?
5. Explain how the antagonism of Bramante developed against Michelangelo.
6. Describe Michelangelo's strong opinions about art.
7. Describe the conditions Michelangelo finds when he moves into Lorenzo's palazzo.
8. Describe Michelangelo's living conditions when he first comes to Rome.
9. Describe how Michelangelo gets his start in art education.
10. Explain the surprise announcement after Michelangelo has been at Ghirlandaio's school for one year.
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)