|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a second problem, what must Michelangelo have if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
(a) ten thousand florins
(b) previous art recognition
(c) knowledge of the basics of sculpture
(d) an invitation from Bertoldo or one of the de Medicis
2. Where is the thirteen-year-old Michelangelo taken in March of 1488?
(a) to the home of the Tropolinos
(b) the Medici Palace
(c) the Guild Hall of Signor Ghirlandaio
(d) to see the Pope in Rome
3. Who comes and sees the sculpture Michelangelo did?
(c) Contessina de Medici
4. Displeased with Piero de Medici, what are the people of Florence more inclined to listen to?
(a) proposals for annexing Florence to France
(b) Savonarola's sermons praising Piero de Medici
(c) Savonarola's sermons about the excesses of evil
(d) speakers promoting a democratic government
5. At the palace de Medici, with whom does Michelangelo share quarters?
(a) Bertoldo, the sculpture master
(b) Pietro Torrigiani
(c) Donato Donatello
(d) Francesco Granacci
Short Answer Questions
1. For his first year as an apprentice, how is Michelangelo treated?
2. Who wants to bring down the papacy and return Italy to the simple, stark, religious ways of his own beliefs?
3. What does Michelangelo refuse to do for Piero de Medici?
4. Where does Lodovico want Michelangelo accepted?
5. What is the first of Michelangelo's problems if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What demand does Pope Julius make on Michelangelo that he does not want to do?
2. Why doesn't Michelangelo accept the offer to return to Ghirlandaio's school?
3. What happens when the Sistine Chapel is open to the public on Christmas Day, 1541?
4. When the Contessina sees Michelangelo after he leaves her house, what transpires?
5. How does Michelangelo escape his father's house?
6. Explain the risk Michelangelo takes for his art.
7. Describe the beginning of the friendship between Michelangelo and the Contessina.
8. What family problem does Michelangelo attempt to solve with his brothers?
9. Describe Michelangelo's living conditions when he first comes to Rome.
10. Although Pope Clement had been unpopular in Florence, how does Michelangelo view his death?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)