|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lodovico unable to do when Michelangelo is given the privilege of living in the de Medici household?
(a) utter a word
(b) refuse Lorenzo de Medici
(c) stand up
(d) believe his ears
2. How does Michelangelo learn anatomy at the charity hospital of Santo Spirito?
(a) by watching surgeries
(b) by bathing patients
(c) by dissecting dead bodies
(d) by auditing classes
3. For his first year as an apprentice, how is Michelangelo treated?
(a) as a boy to make the daily coffee
(b) as a messenger boy
(c) as if he knows nothing about art
(d) as though he were not there
4. What elite group is Michelangelo invited to join?
(a) The Neo Lyceum
(b) The Florence Arts Guild
(c) The Plato Academy
(d) The Bishop's Study Group
5. What is Michelangelo's position in the home of Cardinal Riario?
(a) one of the Cardinal's skilled workmen
(b) the philosophy instructor
(c) the apprentice architect
(d) the Cardinals confidant
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michelangelo discover his father believes about Lorenzo de Medici?
2. What does Michelangelo tell his brother about his art?
3. What does Savonarola preach about the de Medici family?
4. Who is the young Contessina de Medici that Michelangelo sees in the sculpture garden?
5. What does Michelangelo recognize he must do to keep his father from taking him away?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Michelangelo react to the Cardinal's failure to give him instructions and permission to start carving?
2. What does Lorenzo de Medici reveal to Michelangelo about his training?
3. Describe Michelangelo's meeting Clarissa.
4. How does Torrigiani expose his envy of Michelangelo?
5. Describe the conditions Michelangelo finds when he moves into Lorenzo's palazzo.
6. Describe briefly the way friendship develops between Michelangelo and the contessina.
7. Describe Michelangelo's strong opinions about art.
8. Describe how Michelangelo's ideas depart from the ideas of his teacher.
9. How does Michelangelo escape his father's house?
10. Describe Michelangelo's living conditions when he first comes to Rome.
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)