|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke really want to punish Michelangelo for?
(a) for abandoning the project in favor of de Medici projects
(b) for changing the design of the tomb
(c) for taking so long to do the tomb
(d) for living in the Medicdi palace
2. Which former admirer of the artist, now seems to scorn Michelangelo?
(c) da Vinci
3. Who agrees to protect Florence from the Borgias?
(a) the French
(b) the Vatican
(c) the Gauls
(d) the Greeks
4. What is the misconception his family has of Michelangelo?
(a) he has contracts he hasn't told them about
(b) he is made of money
(c) he is a total failure
(d) he is in trouble with the law
5. What happens to all the marbles Michelangelo collects for the St. Lorenzo church?
(a) it is used for tiling the floor of the duomo
(b) it is thrown into the tiber rriver
(c) it is left where it lay affter the accident
(d) it is crushed and used for road paving
6. Why does Michelangelo have trouble with the Bolognese people?
(a) because he has no money
(b) because he spurns Clarissa
(c) because he works for the Pope
(d) because he is from Florence
7. What does Sangallo, Michelangelo's old friend, discover about Michelangelo's problem with the painting?
(a) his Florence paint mixture does not work in Rome
(b) he needs to slow down the work to let the paint dry
(c) he needs to speed up the work before the paint dries
(d) he needs to be closer to the surface
8. What does Pope Leo X want Leonardo da Vinci, Raphael, and Michelangelo to do?
(a) become friends
(b) work together on the sistine Chapel
(c) design his summer villa
(d) return to Florence
9. What on Michelangelo's wall gains him several enemies?
(a) dressing all the people as Florentines
(b) taking too much time to finish
(c) better horses than on da Vinci's wall
(d) painting man as God made him
10. Who replaces Pope Leo X?
(a) Pope Adrian
(b) Pope Alexander
(c) Pope Clement
(d) Pope Pius II
11. What would closing their shop in Florence cost Michelangelo's brothers?
(a) the break up of their families
(b) a full year's rent
(c) to lose their merchant standing within the community
(d) their places on the city council
12. What happens to prevent Michelangelo from finishing the tomb of Pope Julius this time?
(a) the election of Alessandro Farnese to the papacy as Pope Paul III
(b) a war with the King of France breaks out
(c) the tomb is vandalized by religious fanatics
(d) the fact that he has no money for the supplies he needs
13. Why is Michelangelo unable to show exactly how much he received from Pope Julius?
(a) his recordkeeping is poor
(b) he is not allowed to travel to Florence to get his receipts
(c) his receipts were lost in a fire
(d) he never kept any receipts
14. Having lost everything, what is the one contract Michelangelo has?
(a) a garden decoration for de Medici
(b) a gravestone for a merchant
(c) a cupid for the Bishop of Florence
(d) a Risen Christ for Metello Vari
15. When the project for Leo X is canceled, how does Michelangelo feel?
(a) that the de Medici family is still angry with him
(b) that his life and reputation are ruined
(c) that the Church is a criminal organization
(d) that his life is over
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Wool Guild own that is of interest to Michelangelo?
2. What commission has Bramante won from the Pope?
3. Who is gaining in popularity and importance in Rome to Michelangelo's advantage?
4. From whom does Jacopo Galli secure a commission for Michelangelo?
5. With whom does the Marchesa appear to be affiliated?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)