Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What distresses Michelangelo about many of his commissions?
(a) having to finish too quickly
(b) not paying him what they are worth
(c) having to comply with other people's ideas
(d) not getting enough of them
2. How does Buonarroto's wife cause problems for Michelangelo?
(a) she becomes a spy for Pope Julius II
(b) she demands fine gowns and jewels
(c) she tries to seduce Michelangelo
(d) she produces several children
3. Who causes Michelangelo problems over his plans for Julius II's tomb?
(b) da Vinci
(d) his brother Lionardo
4. What does the news of the death of the Pope bring?
(a) a commission to carve Pope Clement's tomb
(b) riots in the streets of Rome
(c) a rush of orders for Michelangelo
(d) the Duke of Urbino to Michelangelo's door
5. What work of da Vinci's does Giuliano want to show Michelangelo?
(a) a lens to improve vision
(b) a machine that allows a man to fly
(c) experiments in alchemy
(d) a new kind of carriage
6. What happens two days after Michelangelo's return to Rome?
(a) Pope Clement dies
(b) Rome burns
(c) St. Peter's basilica collapses
(d) the Holy Roman Empire is defeated
7. Why are Michelangelo and some of his friends under suspicion in Rome?
(a) because they prefer the nude statues of Michelangelo
(b) because the rarely attend mass
(c) because they visit with King Charles V of France
(d) because they do not think the Church is infallible
8. As payment to the French, what will Michelangelo carve?
(a) a tomb for the King
(b) a monument to set up in Paris
(c) something for the Marechal de' Gie
(d) something for Charles VIII
9. What does Michelangelo insist on from the Pope?
(a) that Swiss Guards surround the chapel at night
(b) that he sleep in the chapel
(c) that he be given extra money for paints
(d) that only he have the keys to the chapel
10. What is the reaction of the Pope when Michelangelo leaves Rome?
(a) he is angry
(b) he sends money
(c) he is relieved
(d) he doesn't notice
11. What is Michelangelo's problem for getting the Pietrasanta marble to Rome?
(a) no one will help him
(b) no wagon is big enough
(c) the marble is too fragile
(d) no road is available
12. What would closing their shop in Florence cost Michelangelo's brothers?
(a) their places on the city council
(b) to lose their merchant standing within the community
(c) a full year's rent
(d) the break up of their families
13. Who succeeds Pope Julius II as Pope Leo X?
(a) Giovanni de Medici
(b) Jacopo Galli
(c) the Cardinal of San Dionigi
(d) Cardinal Riario
14. Why does the city of Florence bribe Caesar Borgia?
(a) to come and rule Florence
(b) not to take Florence artists to Rome
(c) not to conquer Florence
(d) to lower Florence's taxes
15. What causes the death of Pope Leo X?
(a) a chill caught while on a hunt
(b) a heart attack
(c) the plague
(d) a cup of hemlock
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the new Pope want to do in the church?
2. Why is Michelangelo unable to show exactly how much he received from Pope Julius?
3. Why does Lodovico not understand Michelangelo's financial situation?
4. What is the misconception his family has of Michelangelo?
5. Why does Michelangelo have trouble with the Bolognese people?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)