Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Displeased with Piero de Medici, what are the people of Florence more inclined to listen to?
(a) Savonarola's sermons praising Piero de Medici
(b) speakers promoting a democratic government
(c) Savonarola's sermons about the excesses of evil
(d) proposals for annexing Florence to France
2. Who helps Michelangelo find a place of his own?
(a) Leo Baglioni
(b) Jacopo Galli
(c) Andrea Bregno
(d) Giuliano da Sangallo
3. Because he likes Michelangelo's cupid so well, what does Jacopo Galli commission him to sculpt?
(a) a sculpture of a Bacchus
(b) a sculpture of Adonis
(c) a sculpture of Dyonisus
(d) a sculpture of Venus
4. What does Michelangelo learn his old nemesis, Torrigiani, is doing in Rome?
(a) working for the Pope
(b) befriending the Borgias
(c) looking for him
(d) selling miniature sculptures
5. While working on the panels, what is Michelangelo dreaming about?
(a) finding models
(b) opening his own studio
(c) the sculpture garden
(d) making his name in the art world
6. What is Ghirlandaio reluctant to do?
(a) continue Michaelangelo's stipend
(b) cater to the Medici family
(c) keep Michaelangelo as a student
(d) release his student
7. What does Piero de Medici want Michelangelo to carve for the birthday of his son, Giuliano?
(a) a set of small soldiers
(b) a bed
(c) a cupid
(d) a snowman
8. How does Michelangelo feel about painting frescoes?
(a) he is thrilled to be doing them
(b) he thinks they are difficult to do
(c) he does not like doing them
(d) he feels he is learning a lot
9. What is Michelangelo worried about before going to the Medici school?
(a) how to dress
(b) at what hour to arrive
(c) where to get his supplies
(d) how to tell his father
10. As a second problem, what must Michelangelo have if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
(a) previous art recognition
(b) knowledge of the basics of sculpture
(c) ten thousand florins
(d) an invitation from Bertoldo or one of the de Medicis
11. Who comes to Rome and is able to help clean out Michelangelo's new quarters?
(a) his brother Lionardo
(b) his brother Buonarroto
(c) his father Lodovico
(d) his friend Granacci
12. What does Michelangelo need before he can start carving the marble?
(a) an assistant to help him work
(b) a new set of carving tools
(c) getting the marble moved to Rome
(d) specific permission from the Cardinal
13. What does Michelangelo learn the city fathers have sent behind Piero de Medici's back?
(a) a request for mercenaries from Germany
(b) a delegation to Charles VIII
(c) letters to the Pope
(d) a warrant for Piero's arrest
14. What is one thing Michelangelo is thrilled that he can do?
(a) travel in the de Medici coach
(b) see and talk to Contessina
(c) sleep until noon
(d) eat in the dinning room
15. How do Michelangelo and Granacci reckon Lodovico will not be harsh when he learns his son is going to de Medici?
(a) if his step mother is in the room
(b) if Michelangelo promises to give him his money
(c) if he hears the name de Medici
(d) if Granacci is present
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of a commission, what does Cardinal Riario give Michelangelo?
2. Who can Michelangelo not rely on to pay his apprentice fees?
3. What does Torrigiani do to Michelangelo that causes him to flee the palace?
4. With whom does Piero de Medici refuse to work?
5. If caught in his nighttime study of anatomy, what might the Church do to him?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)