|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While working on the panels, what is Michelangelo dreaming about?
(a) making his name in the art world
(b) opening his own studio
(c) finding models
(d) the sculpture garden
2. What does Granacci tell Michelangelo that Ghirlandaio is willing to do?
(a) sponsor him as a sculptor
(b) find him another patron
(c) accept him back as an apprentice
(d) bring him back as a teacher of sculpture
3. Who is Il Magnifico?
(a) Domenico Ghirlandaio
(b) Pope Julius II
(c) the Doge of Milan
(d) Lorenzo de Medici
4. Instead of a commission, what does Cardinal Riario give Michelangelo?
(a) expenses back to florence
(b) the marble
(c) a little money
(d) a scholarship
5. How does Michelangelo learn anatomy at the charity hospital of Santo Spirito?
(a) by watching surgeries
(b) by auditing classes
(c) by dissecting dead bodies
(d) by bathing patients
6. What does Giuliano da Sangallo do for Michelangelo?
(a) helps him when his stepmother dies
(b) shows him where to buy marble
(c) introduces him to a diplomat
(d) teaches him more about architecture
7. Who is perfectly content to keep house and cook for Michelangelo?
8. How does Michelangelo feel about painting frescoes?
(a) he does not like doing them
(b) he is thrilled to be doing them
(c) he feels he is learning a lot
(d) he thinks they are difficult to do
9. What do the members of the elite academy discuss and learn about?
(a) science, exploration, and evolution
(b) political, literary, music and philosophical ideas
(c) history, religion, and horticulture
(d) art, history, and geography
10. How do Michelangelo and Granacci reckon Lodovico will not be harsh when he learns his son is going to de Medici?
(a) if he hears the name de Medici
(b) if his step mother is in the room
(c) if Granacci is present
(d) if Michelangelo promises to give him his money
11. What does Michelangelo tell his brother about his art?
(a) that it is holy
(b) that it is his life
(c) that it is progressing
(d) that it is all he knows
12. After the festival for his son, where does Piero de Medici invite Michelangelo?
(a) back to restore the Sculpture Garden
(b) back into the de Medici home
(c) on a trip to Bologna
(d) on a trip to visit King Charles VIII of France
13. As Michelangelo progresses, what does he learn about life?
(a) the effects of poverty
(b) the kindness of strangers
(c) the value of personal ethics
(d) the jealousy of others
14. What does Michelangelo get Ghirlandaio to do for him?
(a) pay him a stipend to study there
(b) give him a good recommendation
(c) buy all of his art supplies
(d) allow him to paint his own designs
15. With whom does Piero de Medici refuse to work?
(c) the appointed city leaders
(d) the Pope
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Michelangelo's position in the home of Cardinal Riario?
2. Who is Cardinal Riario di San Giorgio looking for?
3. Where does Michelangelo go to study?
4. Who does Michelangelo use for models to perfect his knowledge of anatomy?
5. What does Michelangelo recognize he must do to keep his father from taking him away?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)