|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Michelangelo offer to carve something?
(a) the church
(b) his father
(c) Piero de Medici
(d) the Contessina
2. What does Michelangelo do after accepting the Cardinal's commission?
(a) rents an apartment and sends for Argiento
(b) moves back to Rome
(c) goes into hiding
(d) gives all his money to Lodovico
3. Who gets Michelangelo a short interview with Cardinal Riario?
(a) Leo Baglioni
(b) Giuliano da Sangallo
(c) Andrea Bregno
(d) Jacopo Galli
4. What is Michelangelo's conclusion about his looks after the broken nose?
(a) it is something he cannot change
(b) now he is handsome
(c) it makes him look eccentric
(d) his work must conceal his looks
5. What does Sangallo, Michelangelo's old friend, discover about Michelangelo's problem with the painting?
(a) his Florence paint mixture does not work in Rome
(b) he needs to be closer to the surface
(c) he needs to slow down the work to let the paint dry
(d) he needs to speed up the work before the paint dries
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is being considered to carve the large block of marble that seems to have a defect?
2. What does Leo X want Michelangelo to work on after his sister dies?
3. Where does Lodovico want Michelangelo accepted?
4. What does Michelangelo see in the form of Tommaso Cavalieri?
5. What does Pope Julius II want Michelangelo to carve for him?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)