|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the connection of Pope Paul III to the de Medici family?
(a) his mother was a de Medici
(b) he was educated by Lorenzo de Medici
(c) his sister is married to a de Medici
(d) he once worked for Pope Leo X
2. At the palace de Medici, with whom does Michelangelo share quarters?
(a) Donato Donatello
(b) Francesco Granacci
(c) Bertoldo, the sculpture master
(d) Pietro Torrigiani
3. When the project for Leo X is canceled, how does Michelangelo feel?
(a) that his life and reputation are ruined
(b) that his life is over
(c) that the de Medici family is still angry with him
(d) that the Church is a criminal organization
4. What on Michelangelo's wall gains him several enemies?
(a) better horses than on da Vinci's wall
(b) taking too much time to finish
(c) dressing all the people as Florentines
(d) painting man as God made him
5. As payment to the French, what will Michelangelo carve?
(a) something for the Marechal de' Gie
(b) a monument to set up in Paris
(c) something for Charles VIII
(d) a tomb for the King
Short Answer Questions
1. The Pope wants the road but what other problem does Michelangelo have?
2. What does Ghirlandaio want Michelangelo to do?
3. Why does Lodovico not understand Michelangelo's financial situation?
4. What is one thing Michelangelo is thrilled that he can do?
5. What does Michelangelo have after his meeting with the Cardinal?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)