|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks for two of Ghirlandaio's students to study at his new Medici school?
(b) Il Magnifico
2. What does Michelangelo insist painting draped figures allows the artist to do?
(a) have less trouble with textures
(b) put emphasis on color over form
(c) ignore the shape and features of the body
(d) work faster to finsh a painting
3. How does Buonarroto's wife cause problems for Michelangelo?
(a) she tries to seduce Michelangelo
(b) she demands fine gowns and jewels
(c) she becomes a spy for Pope Julius II
(d) she produces several children
4. What does Michelangelo see in the form of Tommaso Cavalieri?
(a) the epitome of the figures he has painted and carved
(b) the way he would have looked if his face had not been ruined
(c) the way he would like to look
(d) a potentially good model
5. What happens two days after Michelangelo's return to Rome?
(a) Rome burns
(b) the Holy Roman Empire is defeated
(c) St. Peter's basilica collapses
(d) Pope Clement dies
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michelangelo need in order to paint his planned story on the ceiling of the chapel?
2. Who gets Michelangelo a short interview with Cardinal Riario?
3. What happens twenty-nine years after Pope Julius had consecrated the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel?
4. How does Michelangelo learn anatomy at the charity hospital of Santo Spirito?
5. Why does Lodovico not understand Michelangelo's financial situation?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)