|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michelangelo tell his brother about his art?
(a) that it is all he knows
(b) that it is progressing
(c) that it is his life
(d) that it is holy
2. What is Michelangelo worried about before going to the Medici school?
(a) where to get his supplies
(b) how to tell his father
(c) how to dress
(d) at what hour to arrive
3. After one year, what is Michelangelo allowed to paint?
(a) still lifes
(b) practice canvases
(c) small portraits
4. What would closing their shop in Florence cost Michelangelo's brothers?
(a) the break up of their families
(b) their places on the city council
(c) a full year's rent
(d) to lose their merchant standing within the community
5. What does Michelangelo discover that he cannot do?
(a) form ideas of his own
(b) replicate Bertoldo's style
(c) speak French
(d) work in three dimensions
Short Answer Questions
1. who brings Michelangelo to Ghirlandaio?
2. What causes the death of Pope Leo X?
3. What does Michelangelo realize his painting in the Sistine Chapel is supposed to do?
4. From whom does Jacopo Galli secure a commission for Michelangelo?
5. What does the new Pope want to do in the church?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)