|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pope Paul III likes Michelangelo's nudes in the Sistine Chapel but how do others view them?
(a) scandalous and revolting
(b) too good to be hidden in a church
(c) too ethereal to understand
(d) old fashioned and plain
2. How is Pietro Torrigiani described?
(a) a short, fat hanger on
(b) a deformed genius
(c) a plain and untalented boy
(d) a well-built, handsome young man
3. What does Pope Julius demand Michelangelo make for him?
(a) a marble table
(b) a bas relief
(c) a bronze statue
(d) a painting
4. How does Michelangelo set himself apart at the Guild Hall of Signor Ghirlandaio?
(a) with his talents and beliefs
(b) with his long hours of study
(c) with his anti-social behavior
(d) with the poorness of his clothes
5. What does Michelangelo insist painting draped figures allows the artist to do?
(a) have less trouble with textures
(b) put emphasis on color over form
(c) work faster to finsh a painting
(d) ignore the shape and features of the body
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the death of Pope Leo X?
2. Why can Michelangelo not talk to Pope Julius II?
3. What does Michelangelo give his brothers Buonarroto and Giovansimone ?
4. Who is gaining in popularity and importance in Rome to Michelangelo's advantage?
5. What is Lodovico unable to do when Michelangelo is given the privilege of living in the de Medici household?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)