|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Buonarroto's wife cause problems for Michelangelo?
(a) she becomes a spy for Pope Julius II
(b) she tries to seduce Michelangelo
(c) she produces several children
(d) she demands fine gowns and jewels
2. What does Michelangelo tell his brother about his art?
(a) that it is holy
(b) that it is progressing
(c) that it is his life
(d) that it is all he knows
3. What scene does Michelangelo want to paint in the Sistine Chapel?
(a) Moses and the Ten Commandments
(b) the Genesis story
(c) the birth of Jesus
(d) Noah and the flood
4. Why does Michelangelo arrange for loans?
(a) to pay his father's debt
(b) to buy a workshop
(c) to send for his family
(d) to pay the Cardinal
5. What on Michelangelo's wall gains him several enemies?
(a) painting man as God made him
(b) taking too much time to finish
(c) better horses than on da Vinci's wall
(d) dressing all the people as Florentines
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Michelangelo set himself apart at the Guild Hall of Signor Ghirlandaio?
2. Who is perfectly content to keep house and cook for Michelangelo?
3. What is one thing Michelangelo is thrilled that he can do?
4. From whom does Jacopo Galli secure a commission for Michelangelo?
5. What does Michelangelo need before he can start carving the marble?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)