|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michelangelo believe that Ghirlandaio disagrees with?
(a) that art is a useless occupation
(b) that sculpture is the greatest art form
(c) that humans should never be painted nude
(d) that painting is a waste of time
2. Who is Il Magnifico?
(a) Lorenzo de Medici
(b) Domenico Ghirlandaio
(c) Pope Julius II
(d) the Doge of Milan
3. What does the news of the death of the Pope bring?
(a) a rush of orders for Michelangelo
(b) the Duke of Urbino to Michelangelo's door
(c) riots in the streets of Rome
(d) a commission to carve Pope Clement's tomb
4. What does Savonarola preach about the de Medici family?
(a) they are holy and should be revered
(b) they are rich and should give to the poor
(c) they are evil and should be destroyed
(d) they are his strong supporters
5. What does Michelangelo give his brothers Buonarroto and Giovansimone ?
(a) an audience with Pope Leo X
(b) money to open their own shop
(c) his house in Florence
(d) a place to stay in Rome
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michelangelo's father accuse him of in letters from Florence?
2. After the festival for his son, where does Piero de Medici invite Michelangelo?
3. What saves Michelangelo from losing everything to the Duke of Urbino?
4. What does Michelangelo learn the city fathers have sent behind Piero de Medici's back?
5. What does Leonardo da Vinci do that irritates Michelangelo?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)