|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Il Magnifico?
(a) Lorenzo de Medici
(b) the Doge of Milan
(c) Pope Julius II
(d) Domenico Ghirlandaio
2. What does Michelangelo refuse to do for Piero de Medici?
(a) carve a bust of his wife
(b) paint a portrait of his wife
(c) escort his wife
(d) design jewelry for his wife
3. Eventually, what does Lodovico hope for that will help his family?
(a) his son's becoming famous
(b) Michelangelo will change his mind
(c) connections to de Medici
(d) a new position in Milan
4. After the death of Lorenzo de Medici, where does Michelangelo find himself?
(a) working in the marble quarry
(b) back at the Tropolino house
(c) on the way to Portugal
(d) back sharing a bed with his brother
5. Why does the city of Florence bribe Caesar Borgia?
(a) not to conquer Florence
(b) to come and rule Florence
(c) to lower Florence's taxes
(d) not to take Florence artists to Rome
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Michelangelo encourage his nephew, Lionardo, to marry?
2. What does Michelangelo get Ghirlandaio to do for him?
3. What saves Michelangelo from losing everything to the Duke of Urbino?
4. What does Piero de Medici want Michelangelo to carve for the birthday of his son, Giuliano?
5. What does Michelangelo have after his meeting with the Cardinal?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)