|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does the sculpture garden belong?
(a) Lodovico Buonarroti
(c) Lorenzo de Medici
(d) the Tropolinos
2. Just as Michelangelo starts working for Galli, what do the creditors in Florence demand?
(a) all the money within one month
(b) part of the money within the week
(c) Michelangelo return to Florence and work there
(d) letters of credit from Jacopo Galli
3. After the festival for his son, where does Piero de Medici invite Michelangelo?
(a) on a trip to visit King Charles VIII of France
(b) back into the de Medici home
(c) back to restore the Sculpture Garden
(d) on a trip to Bologna
4. What is the first of Michelangelo's problems if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
(a) Ghirlandaio's attitude toward sculpture
(b) money to buy sculpting tools
(c) two years left as an apprentice for Ghirlandaio
(d) the attitude of his father
5. Because he likes Michelangelo's cupid so well, what does Jacopo Galli commission him to sculpt?
(a) a sculpture of a Bacchus
(b) a sculpture of Dyonisus
(c) a sculpture of Adonis
(d) a sculpture of Venus
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sangallo, Michelangelo's old friend, discover about Michelangelo's problem with the painting?
2. When do Michelangelo and the Contessina finally talk about their mutual love?
3. What happens to prevent Michelangelo from finishing the tomb of Pope Julius this time?
4. Having lost everything, what is the one contract Michelangelo has?
5. Which former admirer of the artist, now seems to scorn Michelangelo?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)