|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although unfriendly toward Michelangelo, why does the new Pope cause him little trouble?
(a) Pope Marcellus has epilepsy
(b) Michelangelo is too old to bother with any more
(c) three weeks into his reign, Pope Marcellus dies
(d) the new Pope is too busy trying to raise money
2. Who succeeds Pope Julius II as Pope Leo X?
(a) Giovanni de Medici
(b) Cardinal Riario
(c) Jacopo Galli
(d) the Cardinal of San Dionigi
3. Who comes and sees the sculpture Michelangelo did?
(c) Contessina de Medici
4. What does Pope Julius demand Michelangelo make for him?
(a) a marble table
(b) a bronze statue
(c) a painting
(d) a bas relief
5. Who asks for two of Ghirlandaio's students to study at his new Medici school?
(d) Il Magnifico
Short Answer Questions
1. Who operates the sculpture garden?
2. What new commission does the Pope give to Michelangelo?
3. What does Giuliano da Sangallo do for Michelangelo?
4. What does Michelangelo have after his meeting with the Cardinal?
5. Who is Il Magnifico?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)