|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Il Magnifico?
(a) Lorenzo de Medici
(b) Pope Julius II
(c) the Doge of Milan
(d) Domenico Ghirlandaio
2. Who causes Michelangelo problems over his plans for Julius II's tomb?
(a) his brother Lionardo
(c) da Vinci
3. What scene does Michelangelo want to paint in the Sistine Chapel?
(a) Moses and the Ten Commandments
(b) the birth of Jesus
(c) the Genesis story
(d) Noah and the flood
4. What does Savonarola preach about the de Medici family?
(a) they are rich and should give to the poor
(b) they are his strong supporters
(c) they are holy and should be revered
(d) they are evil and should be destroyed
5. What distresses Michelangelo about many of his commissions?
(a) not getting enough of them
(b) having to comply with other people's ideas
(c) not paying him what they are worth
(d) having to finish too quickly
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Michelangelo's idea of a statue that can be carved from the defective block of marble?
2. What does Sangallo, Michelangelo's old friend, discover about Michelangelo's problem with the painting?
3. Why can Michelangelo not talk to Pope Julius II?
4. What does Michelangelo do after accepting the Cardinal's commission?
5. What is the first of Michelangelo's problems if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)