|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the important commission from the Cardinal of San Dionigi that Michelangelo wants to bid on?
(a) a crucifixion
(b) the last supper
(c) a statue of David
(d) a pieta
2. What does Lodovico think sculptors are?
(a) potentially wealthy men
(b) contributors to society
(c) grand artists
(d) little more than being stonecutters
3. For whom does Michelangelo offer to carve something?
(a) the Contessina
(b) Piero de Medici
(c) the church
(d) his father
4. What does Savonarola preach about the de Medici family?
(a) they are evil and should be destroyed
(b) they are his strong supporters
(c) they are holy and should be revered
(d) they are rich and should give to the poor
5. What is Michelangelo's problem for getting the Pietrasanta marble to Rome?
(a) no road is available
(b) no wagon is big enough
(c) no one will help him
(d) the marble is too fragile
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pope Paul III want Michelangelo to do?
2. What does da Vinci tell Michelangelo that he has brought to its limits with nothing for others to perfect?
3. When do Michelangelo and the Contessina finally talk about their mutual love?
4. Who gets Michelangelo a short interview with Cardinal Riario?
5. What happens to all the marbles Michelangelo collects for the St. Lorenzo church?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)