|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. who brings Michelangelo to Ghirlandaio?
(b) Francesco Granacci
(c) Lodovico Buonarroti
(d) Lorenzo de Medici
2. What does Michelangelo discover that he cannot do?
(a) work in three dimensions
(b) form ideas of his own
(c) speak French
(d) replicate Bertoldo's style
3. What is the reaction of the city when they first see the David in progress?
(a) angry over the misuse of the marble
(b) disgusted because it is nude
(c) indifferent, holding back payment
(d) enthralled by what they see
4. What does Pope Paul III want Michelangelo to do?
(a) to complete the Sistine Chapel
(b) to return to Florence and reopen the sculpture garden
(c) to carve another David
(d) to finish the tomb of Pope Julius II
5. What is Michelangelo's response when his father tells him he cannot afford to have pride?
(a) I have my name
(b) I'm not proud, I'm hungry
(c) I still have some money in my pruse
(d) pride is all I have left
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Michelangelo spend a lot of his free time near the sculpture garden?
2. How is Pietro Torrigiani described?
3. After three years and a great deal of his personal expense, what happens to Leo X's project?
4. What on Michelangelo's wall gains him several enemies?
5. Why do the city fathers of Florence not receive Michelangelo well?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)