|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke really want to punish Michelangelo for?
(a) for abandoning the project in favor of de Medici projects
(b) for living in the Medicdi palace
(c) for taking so long to do the tomb
(d) for changing the design of the tomb
2. What does Michelangelo refuse to do for Piero de Medici?
(a) escort his wife
(b) design jewelry for his wife
(c) carve a bust of his wife
(d) paint a portrait of his wife
3. What is offered to Michelangelo with a commission for him to sculpt the Twelve Apostles for the cathedral?
(a) a house
(b) a new wardrobe
(c) a large block of marble
(d) a seat on the city council
4. What does Ghirlandaio want Michelangelo to do?
(a) see how little talent he has
(b) learn how to copy him
(c) stop playing and go to work
(d) develop his own style in his own way
5. What is Michelangelo's response when his father tells him he cannot afford to have pride?
(a) pride is all I have left
(b) I have my name
(c) I'm not proud, I'm hungry
(d) I still have some money in my pruse
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Michelangelo's idea of a statue that can be carved from the defective block of marble?
2. What does Michelangelo's brother, Lionardo, believe his brother has become?
3. What does Michelangelo tell his brother about his art?
4. In addition to Michelangelo's other problems, what happens to the Cardinal of San Dionigi?
5. Why can Michelangelo not talk to Pope Julius II?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)