|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Il Magnifico?
(a) Domenico Ghirlandaio
(b) Lorenzo de Medici
(c) Pope Julius II
(d) the Doge of Milan
2. Before the David statue can be placed, what happens?
(a) vandals attack it
(b) it falls over
(c) the marble cracks
(d) the Cardinal wants it
3. Besides the Sistine chapel, what other work does Michelangelo finally finish?
(a) work on Julius' tomb
(b) the sacristy of San Lorenzo
(c) the base of the David
(d) his statue of Moses
4. After three years and a great deal of his personal expense, what happens to Leo X's project?
(a) the project is to be abandoned
(b) the road cannot be completed
(c) the Pope dies
(d) the marble shatters
5. Although unfriendly toward Michelangelo, why does the new Pope cause him little trouble?
(a) Michelangelo is too old to bother with any more
(b) the new Pope is too busy trying to raise money
(c) Pope Marcellus has epilepsy
(d) three weeks into his reign, Pope Marcellus dies
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first of Michelangelo's problems if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
2. What does Savonarola preach about the de Medici family?
3. When the project for Leo X is canceled, how does Michelangelo feel?
4. What does the news of the death of the Pope bring?
5. Why can Michelangelo not visit the Contessina?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)