|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Having lost everything, what is the one contract Michelangelo has?
(a) a Risen Christ for Metello Vari
(b) a garden decoration for de Medici
(c) a gravestone for a merchant
(d) a cupid for the Bishop of Florence
2. What is the reaction of the city when they first see the David in progress?
(a) angry over the misuse of the marble
(b) indifferent, holding back payment
(c) enthralled by what they see
(d) disgusted because it is nude
3. What does the news of the death of the Pope bring?
(a) a rush of orders for Michelangelo
(b) riots in the streets of Rome
(c) the Duke of Urbino to Michelangelo's door
(d) a commission to carve Pope Clement's tomb
4. Why does Michelangelo arrange for loans?
(a) to pay his father's debt
(b) to pay the Cardinal
(c) to send for his family
(d) to buy a workshop
5. What does Michelangelo learn the city fathers have sent behind Piero de Medici's back?
(a) a delegation to Charles VIII
(b) letters to the Pope
(c) a warrant for Piero's arrest
(d) a request for mercenaries from Germany
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Pietro Torrigiani described?
2. As a second problem, what must Michelangelo have if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
3. What does Michelangelo learn his old nemesis, Torrigiani, is doing in Rome?
4. What does Lodovico think sculptors are?
5. What does Savonarola preach about the de Medici family?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)