|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michelangelo discover that he cannot do?
(a) work in three dimensions
(b) speak French
(c) replicate Bertoldo's style
(d) form ideas of his own
2. What is the reaction of the city when they first see the David in progress?
(a) angry over the misuse of the marble
(b) enthralled by what they see
(c) indifferent, holding back payment
(d) disgusted because it is nude
3. Who asks for two of Ghirlandaio's students to study at his new Medici school?
(b) Il Magnifico
4. How do Michelangelo and Granacci reckon Lodovico will not be harsh when he learns his son is going to de Medici?
(a) if Michelangelo promises to give him his money
(b) if Granacci is present
(c) if his step mother is in the room
(d) if he hears the name de Medici
5. What commission has Bramante won from the Pope?
(a) to add on to the Vatican
(b) to design the tomb Michelangelo will carve
(c) to build a new St. Peter's
(d) to carve the Pope's tomb
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing Michelangelo is thrilled that he can do?
2. While working on the panels, what is Michelangelo dreaming about?
3. What is Michelangelo's problem for getting the Pietrasanta marble to Rome?
4. What scene does Michelangelo want to paint in the Sistine Chapel?
5. How does Michelangelo learn anatomy at the charity hospital of Santo Spirito?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)