|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ghirlandaio want Michelangelo to do?
(a) learn how to copy him
(b) develop his own style in his own way
(c) stop playing and go to work
(d) see how little talent he has
2. After the death of Lorenzo de Medici, where does Michelangelo find himself?
(a) back at the Tropolino house
(b) on the way to Portugal
(c) back sharing a bed with his brother
(d) working in the marble quarry
3. Who operates the sculpture garden?
(a) da Vinci
4. What does Lodovico initially refuse to give his son?
(a) permission to attend the de Medici school
(b) new clothes fitting for the Medici palace
(c) the new equipment he will need
(d) money to live on
5. What does Leo X want Michelangelo to work on after his sister dies?
(a) the de Medici family burial vault
(b) the statue of St. Teresa
(c) the Contessina's tomb
(d) the de Medici family church, San Lorenzo
Short Answer Questions
1. The Pope wants the road but what other problem does Michelangelo have?
2. For whom does Michelangelo offer to carve something?
3. What do the members of the elite academy discuss and learn about?
4. Working all day and studying all night, what do people think Michelangelo is doing?
5. Why can Michelangelo not talk to Pope Julius II?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)