|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Piero de Medici refuse to work?
(a) the appointed city leaders
(b) the Pope
2. What does Michelangelo recognize he must do to keep his father from taking him away?
(a) bring home good reports
(b) stay out of his father's sight
(c) start working in marble
(d) earn some money
3. What does Michelangelo get Ghirlandaio to do for him?
(a) allow him to paint his own designs
(b) pay him a stipend to study there
(c) buy all of his art supplies
(d) give him a good recommendation
4. What causes the death of Pope Leo X?
(a) a cup of hemlock
(b) the plague
(c) a heart attack
(d) a chill caught while on a hunt
5. Who comes and sees the sculpture Michelangelo did?
(a) Contessina de Medici
Short Answer Questions
1. Who causes Michelangelo problems over his plans for Julius II's tomb?
2. What happens when Pope Leo insists on Pietrasanta marble, not Carraini marble?
3. Why does da Vinci align himself with the Borgias?
4. Who operates the sculpture garden?
5. How does Michelangelo set himself apart at the Guild Hall of Signor Ghirlandaio?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)