|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michelangelo accept that puts him in competition with da Vinci?
(a) a design for a new cathedral
(b) an art exhibit in the palizzo
(c) a sculpture of the Mona Lisa
(d) painting a wall next to his
2. What saves Michelangelo from losing everything to the Duke of Urbino?
(a) the Duke dies of a stroke
(b) Jacopo Galli testifies in favor of Michelangelo
(c) The next Pope is Giulio de Medici, who becomes Pope Clement VII
(d) Pope Adrian has a change of heart
3. Why can Michelangelo not talk to Pope Julius II?
(a) the Swiss guard will not let him pass
(b) there is a waiting list for months
(c) he cannot gain an audience
(d) the Pope is in Bologna
4. What does Leo X want Michelangelo to work on after his sister dies?
(a) the statue of St. Teresa
(b) the de Medici family church, San Lorenzo
(c) the Contessina's tomb
(d) the de Medici family burial vault
5. After three years and a great deal of his personal expense, what happens to Leo X's project?
(a) the project is to be abandoned
(b) the Pope dies
(c) the marble shatters
(d) the road cannot be completed
Short Answer Questions
1. Who operates the sculpture garden?
2. After the death of Lorenzo de Medici, where does Michelangelo find himself?
3. What does the new Pope want to do in the church?
4. What is Michelangelo's idea of a statue that can be carved from the defective block of marble?
5. What causes Savonarola to agree that he is a heretic and then recant?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)