|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Michelangelo's conclusion about his looks after the broken nose?
(a) it makes him look eccentric
(b) now he is handsome
(c) it is something he cannot change
(d) his work must conceal his looks
2. When the project for Leo X is canceled, how does Michelangelo feel?
(a) that his life is over
(b) that his life and reputation are ruined
(c) that the Church is a criminal organization
(d) that the de Medici family is still angry with him
3. While working on Julius' tomb, what comes Michelangelo's way?
(a) proposals for a variety of projects
(b) money that has long been owed him
(c) a new house and shop
(d) an audience with the Pope
4. Who is the female friend Michelangelo visits in Bologna?
(c) the Contessina
5. Where does Michelangelo go to study?
(a) the library of the Order of Hermits of Santo Spiritu
(b) the Vatican archives
(c) the art school of Milan
(d) the Plato Academy
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Michelangelo allowed to do for his painting of a neophyte for the Baptism of John panel?
2. What elite group is Michelangelo invited to join?
3. What does Savonarola believe art is?
4. Why is Michelangelo unable to show exactly how much he received from Pope Julius?
5. What does Piero de Medici want Michelangelo to carve for the birthday of his son, Giuliano?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)