|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ghirlandaio want Michelangelo to do?
(a) stop playing and go to work
(b) develop his own style in his own way
(c) see how little talent he has
(d) learn how to copy him
2. What does Michelangelo insist on from the Pope?
(a) that Swiss Guards surround the chapel at night
(b) that only he have the keys to the chapel
(c) that he be given extra money for paints
(d) that he sleep in the chapel
3. What does Julius II give Michelangelo?
(a) an order to redesign his tomb
(b) a house he must pay rent on but no money
(c) a work area he must pay rent on
(d) a small stipend which he sends to his father
4. What raw material does Michelangelo use to carve a crucifix?
(a) a piece of discarded marble
(b) the hardest available Tuscan walnut
(c) sandstone taken from the quarry
(d) a large lump of solidified plaster
5. What does Pope Julius demand Michelangelo make for him?
(a) a bas relief
(b) a bronze statue
(c) a painting
(d) a marble table
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michelangelo tell his brother about his art?
2. Who is the female friend Michelangelo visits in Bologna?
3. For his first year as an apprentice, how is Michelangelo treated?
4. Who is gaining in popularity and importance in Rome to Michelangelo's advantage?
5. For whom does Michelangelo offer to carve something?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)