|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks for two of Ghirlandaio's students to study at his new Medici school?
(d) Il Magnifico
2. Where does Michelangelo go to study?
(a) the library of the Order of Hermits of Santo Spiritu
(b) the Plato Academy
(c) the art school of Milan
(d) the Vatican archives
3. Why is Michelangelo unable to show exactly how much he received from Pope Julius?
(a) his recordkeeping is poor
(b) he never kept any receipts
(c) his receipts were lost in a fire
(d) he is not allowed to travel to Florence to get his receipts
4. What does Pope Julius demand Michelangelo make for him?
(a) a marble table
(b) a bronze statue
(c) a painting
(d) a bas relief
5. After the festival for his son, where does Piero de Medici invite Michelangelo?
(a) on a trip to Bologna
(b) back to restore the Sculpture Garden
(c) on a trip to visit King Charles VIII of France
(d) back into the de Medici home
Short Answer Questions
1. What is something Michelangelo learns from members of the academy?
2. What does Michelangelo accept that puts him in competition with da Vinci?
3. What does Leonardo da Vinci do that irritates Michelangelo?
4. What causes Savonarola to agree that he is a heretic and then recant?
5. What is the reaction of the Pope when Michelangelo leaves Rome?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)