|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the death of Pope Leo X?
(a) the plague
(b) a chill caught while on a hunt
(c) a heart attack
(d) a cup of hemlock
2. What does Michelangelo discover that he cannot do?
(a) replicate Bertoldo's style
(b) form ideas of his own
(c) work in three dimensions
(d) speak French
3. Before the David statue can be placed, what happens?
(a) the Cardinal wants it
(b) it falls over
(c) vandals attack it
(d) the marble cracks
4. How does Buonarroto's wife cause problems for Michelangelo?
(a) she produces several children
(b) she becomes a spy for Pope Julius II
(c) she tries to seduce Michelangelo
(d) she demands fine gowns and jewels
5. What is Michelangelo worried about before going to the Medici school?
(a) how to dress
(b) where to get his supplies
(c) how to tell his father
(d) at what hour to arrive
Short Answer Questions
1. Who succeeds Pope Julius II as Pope Leo X?
2. Who comes and sees the sculpture Michelangelo did?
3. What is the first of Michelangelo's problems if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
4. What is the reaction of the city when they first see the David in progress?
5. What does Julius II give Michelangelo?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)