|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michelangelo accept that puts him in competition with da Vinci?
(a) an art exhibit in the palizzo
(b) a sculpture of the Mona Lisa
(c) painting a wall next to his
(d) a design for a new cathedral
2. What on Michelangelo's wall gains him several enemies?
(a) dressing all the people as Florentines
(b) better horses than on da Vinci's wall
(c) painting man as God made him
(d) taking too much time to finish
3. What does Michelangelo get Ghirlandaio to do for him?
(a) allow him to paint his own designs
(b) buy all of his art supplies
(c) give him a good recommendation
(d) pay him a stipend to study there
4. Where does Lodovico want Michelangelo accepted?
(a) the Florentine guard
(b) a merchant guild
(c) the Plato Academy
(d) Ghirlandaio's school
5. Where is the Contessina sent as she nears marriageable age?
(a) to a convent
(b) to live in Rome
(c) to live with the Ridolfi
(d) to school in Milan
Short Answer Questions
1. After one year, what is Michelangelo allowed to paint?
2. What does the Duke of Urbino, administrator of Julius' will and his heir want from Michelangelo?
3. Which former admirer of the artist, now seems to scorn Michelangelo?
4. What does the new Pope want to do in the church?
5. What is Michelangelo's position in the home of Cardinal Riario?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)