|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does da Vinci tell Michelangelo that he has brought to its limits with nothing for others to perfect?
(a) polishing marble like the pieta
(b) painting the nude figure
(c) larger than life sculptures
(d) sculpting tombs
2. What does the Duke really want to punish Michelangelo for?
(a) for living in the Medicdi palace
(b) for taking so long to do the tomb
(c) for abandoning the project in favor of de Medici projects
(d) for changing the design of the tomb
3. What is Michelangelo's problem for getting the Pietrasanta marble to Rome?
(a) the marble is too fragile
(b) no road is available
(c) no one will help him
(d) no wagon is big enough
4. What is the misconception his family has of Michelangelo?
(a) he is a total failure
(b) he is in trouble with the law
(c) he has contracts he hasn't told them about
(d) he is made of money
5. Because he likes Michelangelo's cupid so well, what does Jacopo Galli commission him to sculpt?
(a) a sculpture of Dyonisus
(b) a sculpture of Adonis
(c) a sculpture of a Bacchus
(d) a sculpture of Venus
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michelangelo recognize he must do to keep his father from taking him away?
2. How does Michelangelo set himself apart at the Guild Hall of Signor Ghirlandaio?
3. What does Pope Leo X want Leonardo da Vinci, Raphael, and Michelangelo to do?
4. Where is the Contessina sent as she nears marriageable age?
5. What is Ghirlandaio reluctant to do?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)