|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Michelangelo and Granacci reckon Lodovico will not be harsh when he learns his son is going to de Medici?
(a) if he hears the name de Medici
(b) if his step mother is in the room
(c) if Michelangelo promises to give him his money
(d) if Granacci is present
2. Who can Michelangelo not rely on to pay his apprentice fees?
(a) his patron, Lorenzo
(b) his father, Lodovico
(c) his friends, the Tropolinos
(d) his friend, Francesco
3. What saves Michelangelo from losing everything to the Duke of Urbino?
(a) Jacopo Galli testifies in favor of Michelangelo
(b) Pope Adrian has a change of heart
(c) The next Pope is Giulio de Medici, who becomes Pope Clement VII
(d) the Duke dies of a stroke
4. After three years and a great deal of his personal expense, what happens to Leo X's project?
(a) the marble shatters
(b) the project is to be abandoned
(c) the Pope dies
(d) the road cannot be completed
5. After Lodovico dies in 1534, what does Michelangelo do?
(a) travels to Milan to find new commissions
(b) appeal to Pope Clement for more commissions
(c) sells everything he has in Florence and goes to Spain
(d) sees the work finished on San Lorenzo and returns to Rome
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is perfectly content to keep house and cook for Michelangelo?
2. How does Michelangelo feel about painting frescoes?
3. Who replaces Pope Leo X?
4. What does Granacci tell Michelangelo that Ghirlandaio is willing to do?
5. What elite group is Michelangelo invited to join?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)