|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke of Urbino, administrator of Julius' will and his heir want from Michelangelo?
(a) to finish Julius' tomb
(b) to start over on Julius' tomb
(c) to leave Rome and never return
(d) to create a monument to Julius
2. As Michelangelo progresses, what does he learn about life?
(a) the jealousy of others
(b) the kindness of strangers
(c) the effects of poverty
(d) the value of personal ethics
3. Who replaces Pope Leo X?
(a) Pope Adrian
(b) Pope Alexander
(c) Pope Clement
(d) Pope Pius II
4. How does Buonarroto's wife cause problems for Michelangelo?
(a) she demands fine gowns and jewels
(b) she produces several children
(c) she tries to seduce Michelangelo
(d) she becomes a spy for Pope Julius II
5. Who is the female friend Michelangelo visits in Bologna?
(d) the Contessina
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to Rome and is able to help clean out Michelangelo's new quarters?
2. Where is the Contessina sent as she nears marriageable age?
3. What is the reaction of the Pope when Michelangelo leaves Rome?
4. What new commission does the Pope give to Michelangelo?
5. What elite group is Michelangelo invited to join?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)