|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is gaining in popularity and importance in Rome to Michelangelo's advantage?
(a) Pietro Torrigiani
(b) Domenico Ghirlandaio
(c) Cardinal Riario
(d) Cardinal Giovanni de Medici
2. Why does Michelangelo have trouble with the Bolognese people?
(a) because he spurns Clarissa
(b) because he is from Florence
(c) because he works for the Pope
(d) because he has no money
3. Who can Michelangelo not rely on to pay his apprentice fees?
(a) his patron, Lorenzo
(b) his father, Lodovico
(c) his friends, the Tropolinos
(d) his friend, Francesco
4. What does Michelangelo believe that Ghirlandaio disagrees with?
(a) that painting is a waste of time
(b) that humans should never be painted nude
(c) that sculpture is the greatest art form
(d) that art is a useless occupation
5. What does Michelangelo insist painting draped figures allows the artist to do?
(a) ignore the shape and features of the body
(b) have less trouble with textures
(c) put emphasis on color over form
(d) work faster to finsh a painting
Short Answer Questions
1. The Pope wants the road but what other problem does Michelangelo have?
2. What kind of artwork does Michelangelo accept reluctantly?
3. How is Pietro Torrigiani described?
4. Why does Lodovico not understand Michelangelo's financial situation?
5. Who is the young Contessina de Medici that Michelangelo sees in the sculpture garden?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)