|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What raw material does Michelangelo use to carve a crucifix?
(a) a large lump of solidified plaster
(b) sandstone taken from the quarry
(c) a piece of discarded marble
(d) the hardest available Tuscan walnut
2. For his first year as an apprentice, how is Michelangelo treated?
(a) as a messenger boy
(b) as if he knows nothing about art
(c) as though he were not there
(d) as a boy to make the daily coffee
3. What does the Duke of Urbino, administrator of Julius' will and his heir want from Michelangelo?
(a) to finish Julius' tomb
(b) to start over on Julius' tomb
(c) to leave Rome and never return
(d) to create a monument to Julius
4. How do Michelangelo and Granacci reckon Lodovico will not be harsh when he learns his son is going to de Medici?
(a) if Granacci is present
(b) if his step mother is in the room
(c) if he hears the name de Medici
(d) if Michelangelo promises to give him his money
5. As payment to the French, what will Michelangelo carve?
(a) a monument to set up in Paris
(b) a tomb for the King
(c) something for Charles VIII
(d) something for the Marechal de' Gie
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pope Julius II want Michelangelo to carve for him?
2. With whom does Piero de Medici refuse to work?
3. What does Pope Julius demand Michelangelo make for him?
4. How does Michelangelo spend a lot of his free time near the sculpture garden?
5. What does Michelangelo tell his brother about his art?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)