|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Michelangelo unable to show exactly how much he received from Pope Julius?
(a) his recordkeeping is poor
(b) he never kept any receipts
(c) he is not allowed to travel to Florence to get his receipts
(d) his receipts were lost in a fire
2. Why does Michelangelo arrange for loans?
(a) to buy a workshop
(b) to pay the Cardinal
(c) to send for his family
(d) to pay his father's debt
3. Who is perfectly content to keep house and cook for Michelangelo?
4. Who helps Michelangelo find a place of his own?
(a) Andrea Bregno
(b) Leo Baglioni
(c) Jacopo Galli
(d) Giuliano da Sangallo
5. Just as Michelangelo starts working for Galli, what do the creditors in Florence demand?
(a) part of the money within the week
(b) Michelangelo return to Florence and work there
(c) letters of credit from Jacopo Galli
(d) all the money within one month
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the city fathers of Florence not receive Michelangelo well?
2. What is the first of Michelangelo's problems if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
3. What does Bertoldo, the sculptor master, give Michelangelo?
4. What scene does Michelangelo want to paint in the Sistine Chapel?
5. What is Michelangelo's response when his father tells him he cannot afford to have pride?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)