|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After one year, what is Michelangelo allowed to paint?
(a) practice canvases
(c) still lifes
(d) small portraits
2. What would closing their shop in Florence cost Michelangelo's brothers?
(a) a full year's rent
(b) to lose their merchant standing within the community
(c) their places on the city council
(d) the break up of their families
3. From whom does Jacopo Galli secure a commission for Michelangelo?
(a) a prince
(b) a cardinal
(c) a shipping magnate
(d) a magistrate
4. Eventually, what does Lodovico hope for that will help his family?
(a) his son's becoming famous
(b) a new position in Milan
(c) connections to de Medici
(d) Michelangelo will change his mind
5. What is offered to Michelangelo with a commission for him to sculpt the Twelve Apostles for the cathedral?
(a) a house
(b) a large block of marble
(c) a seat on the city council
(d) a new wardrobe
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michelangelo accept that puts him in competition with da Vinci?
2. How does Michelangelo spend a lot of his free time near the sculpture garden?
3. What does Giuliano da Sangallo do for Michelangelo?
4. Who is the young Contessina de Medici that Michelangelo sees in the sculpture garden?
5. What is the reaction of the city when they first see the David in progress?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)