|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the city of Florence bribe Caesar Borgia?
(a) to come and rule Florence
(b) not to take Florence artists to Rome
(c) not to conquer Florence
(d) to lower Florence's taxes
2. As a second problem, what must Michelangelo have if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
(a) ten thousand florins
(b) previous art recognition
(c) knowledge of the basics of sculpture
(d) an invitation from Bertoldo or one of the de Medicis
3. From whom does Jacopo Galli secure a commission for Michelangelo?
(a) a magistrate
(b) a shipping magnate
(c) a cardinal
(d) a prince
4. What is the reaction of the city when they first see the David in progress?
(a) indifferent, holding back payment
(b) enthralled by what they see
(c) disgusted because it is nude
(d) angry over the misuse of the marble
5. What distresses Michelangelo about many of his commissions?
(a) not paying him what they are worth
(b) not getting enough of them
(c) having to finish too quickly
(d) having to comply with other people's ideas
Short Answer Questions
1. At the palace de Medici, with whom does Michelangelo share quarters?
2. What scene does Michelangelo want to paint in the Sistine Chapel?
3. What does Michelangelo learn his old nemesis, Torrigiani, is doing in Rome?
4. Displeased with Piero de Medici, what are the people of Florence more inclined to listen to?
5. If caught in his nighttime study of anatomy, what might the Church do to him?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)