|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is gaining in popularity and importance in Rome to Michelangelo's advantage?
(a) Cardinal Riario
(b) Pietro Torrigiani
(c) Domenico Ghirlandaio
(d) Cardinal Giovanni de Medici
2. Why do the city fathers of Florence not receive Michelangelo well?
(a) he has no money for taxes
(b) fear of angering the Pope
(c) the unfinished work he left behind
(d) they remember his de Medici connection
3. Why can Michelangelo not talk to Pope Julius II?
(a) he cannot gain an audience
(b) the Swiss guard will not let him pass
(c) there is a waiting list for months
(d) the Pope is in Bologna
4. At the palace de Medici, with whom does Michelangelo share quarters?
(a) Pietro Torrigiani
(b) Bertoldo, the sculpture master
(c) Donato Donatello
(d) Francesco Granacci
5. What is one thing Michelangelo is thrilled that he can do?
(a) eat in the dinning room
(b) sleep until noon
(c) see and talk to Contessina
(d) travel in the de Medici coach
Short Answer Questions
1. As payment to the French, what will Michelangelo carve?
2. What does Michelangelo insist painting draped figures allows the artist to do?
3. What happens when Pope Leo insists on Pietrasanta marble, not Carraini marble?
4. What does Giuliano da Sangallo do for Michelangelo?
5. What does da Vinci tell Michelangelo that he has brought to its limits with nothing for others to perfect?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)