|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reaction of the city when they first see the David in progress?
(a) disgusted because it is nude
(b) indifferent, holding back payment
(c) enthralled by what they see
(d) angry over the misuse of the marble
2. What on Michelangelo's wall gains him several enemies?
(a) dressing all the people as Florentines
(b) taking too much time to finish
(c) better horses than on da Vinci's wall
(d) painting man as God made him
3. What does the Wool Guild own that is of interest to Michelangelo?
(a) a contract for decorating a palace
(b) a large block of marble
(c) a studio for rent
(d) a scaffolding they do not use
4. After the death of Lorenzo de Medici, where does Michelangelo find himself?
(a) back at the Tropolino house
(b) back sharing a bed with his brother
(c) working in the marble quarry
(d) on the way to Portugal
5. What does Michelangelo's father accuse him of in letters from Florence?
(a) siding with the de Medicis.
(b) spending a fortune on himself
(c) forgetting his family name
(d) causing problems for his brothers
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michelangelo discover that he cannot do?
2. Who comes to Rome and is able to help clean out Michelangelo's new quarters?
3. As payment to the French, what will Michelangelo carve?
4. Who is being considered to carve the large block of marble that seems to have a defect?
5. What does Lodovico think sculptors are?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)