|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michelangelo accept that puts him in competition with da Vinci?
(a) a sculpture of the Mona Lisa
(b) a design for a new cathedral
(c) painting a wall next to his
(d) an art exhibit in the palizzo
2. How does Buonarroto's wife cause problems for Michelangelo?
(a) she demands fine gowns and jewels
(b) she becomes a spy for Pope Julius II
(c) she tries to seduce Michelangelo
(d) she produces several children
3. What does Lodovico initially refuse to give his son?
(a) money to live on
(b) new clothes fitting for the Medici palace
(c) the new equipment he will need
(d) permission to attend the de Medici school
4. What kind of artwork does Michelangelo accept reluctantly?
(a) small wood sculpuures
(b) jewelry design
5. What causes the death of Pope Leo X?
(a) a chill caught while on a hunt
(b) a cup of hemlock
(c) the plague
(d) a heart attack
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sangallo, Michelangelo's old friend, discover about Michelangelo's problem with the painting?
2. What does Michelangelo need before he can start carving the marble?
3. What does Michelangelo give his brothers Buonarroto and Giovansimone ?
4. When do Michelangelo and the Contessina finally talk about their mutual love?
5. Why does Michelangelo compare his work with files borrowed from Ghirlandaio?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)