|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the city of Florence bribe Caesar Borgia?
(a) to lower Florence's taxes
(b) to come and rule Florence
(c) not to conquer Florence
(d) not to take Florence artists to Rome
2. Besides working on his commission, what does Michelangelo enjoy in Galli's home?
(a) the finest food in Rome
(b) freedom to find other commissions
(c) a good bed to sleep in
(d) conversations with a learned man
3. What does Sangallo, Michelangelo's old friend, discover about Michelangelo's problem with the painting?
(a) he needs to be closer to the surface
(b) his Florence paint mixture does not work in Rome
(c) he needs to speed up the work before the paint dries
(d) he needs to slow down the work to let the paint dry
4. From whom does Jacopo Galli secure a commission for Michelangelo?
(a) a magistrate
(b) a cardinal
(c) a shipping magnate
(d) a prince
5. What does Michelangelo accept that puts him in competition with da Vinci?
(a) a design for a new cathedral
(b) an art exhibit in the palizzo
(c) painting a wall next to his
(d) a sculpture of the Mona Lisa
Short Answer Questions
1. After one year, what is Michelangelo allowed to paint?
2. As a second problem, what must Michelangelo have if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
3. What does Torrigiani do to Michelangelo that causes him to flee the palace?
4. What does Savonarola preach about the de Medici family?
5. With whom does Piero de Medici refuse to work?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)