|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who succeeds Pope Julius II as Pope Leo X?
(a) Jacopo Galli
(b) the Cardinal of San Dionigi
(c) Giovanni de Medici
(d) Cardinal Riario
2. What is Ghirlandaio reluctant to do?
(a) continue Michaelangelo's stipend
(b) release his student
(c) keep Michaelangelo as a student
(d) cater to the Medici family
3. While working on Julius' tomb, what comes Michelangelo's way?
(a) an audience with the Pope
(b) a new house and shop
(c) proposals for a variety of projects
(d) money that has long been owed him
4. What does the Duke really want to punish Michelangelo for?
(a) for abandoning the project in favor of de Medici projects
(b) for changing the design of the tomb
(c) for living in the Medicdi palace
(d) for taking so long to do the tomb
5. What are the people of Florence not happy about?
(a) the lavish wedding of the contessa
(b) the wine crop failure in Tuscany
(c) Michelangelo's crucifix
(d) Piero de Medici's gifts to the poor
Short Answer Questions
1. After one year, what is Michelangelo allowed to paint?
2. What does Sangallo, Michelangelo's old friend, discover about Michelangelo's problem with the painting?
3. What is Michelangelo's response when his father tells him he cannot afford to have pride?
4. What does Leonardo da Vinci do that irritates Michelangelo?
5. What does Michelangelo discover that he cannot do?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)