|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Michelangelo allowed to do for his painting of a neophyte for the Baptism of John panel?
(a) work with two other apprentices
(b) bring in a nude model
(c) paint with close supervision
(d) redesign the panel
2. Who does Michelangelo use for models to perfect his knowledge of anatomy?
(a) boys he finds playing on the streets
(b) men in the Roman baths
(c) his brothers who come down from Florence
(d) off duty guards at the Cardinal's palace
3. How does Michelangelo feel about painting frescoes?
(a) he does not like doing them
(b) he thinks they are difficult to do
(c) he is thrilled to be doing them
(d) he feels he is learning a lot
4. From whom does Jacopo Galli secure a commission for Michelangelo?
(a) a shipping magnate
(b) a prince
(c) a magistrate
(d) a cardinal
5. What does Julius II give Michelangelo?
(a) an order to redesign his tomb
(b) a work area he must pay rent on
(c) a house he must pay rent on but no money
(d) a small stipend which he sends to his father
Short Answer Questions
1. What scene does Michelangelo want to paint in the Sistine Chapel?
2. What does Granacci tell Michelangelo that Ghirlandaio is willing to do?
3. Who is Cardinal Riario di San Giorgio looking for?
4. Why does Michelangelo compare his work with files borrowed from Ghirlandaio?
5. To whom does the sculpture garden belong?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)