|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Giuliano da Sangallo do for Michelangelo?
(a) teaches him more about architecture
(b) shows him where to buy marble
(c) helps him when his stepmother dies
(d) introduces him to a diplomat
2. Who is Il Magnifico?
(a) the Doge of Milan
(b) Domenico Ghirlandaio
(c) Lorenzo de Medici
(d) Pope Julius II
3. What does Michelangelo need before he can start carving the marble?
(a) a new set of carving tools
(b) specific permission from the Cardinal
(c) an assistant to help him work
(d) getting the marble moved to Rome
4. What is something Michelangelo learns from members of the academy?
(a) accounting and the importance of politics
(b) music and dancing
(c) literature and the value of writing poetry
(d) elocution and ethics
5. What does Michelangelo refuse to do for Piero de Medici?
(a) escort his wife
(b) carve a bust of his wife
(c) paint a portrait of his wife
(d) design jewelry for his wife
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the members of the elite academy discuss and learn about?
2. Who asks for two of Ghirlandaio's students to study at his new Medici school?
3. If caught in his nighttime study of anatomy, what might the Church do to him?
4. As Michelangelo progresses, what does he learn about life?
5. What new commission does the Pope give to Michelangelo?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)