|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who can Michelangelo not rely on to pay his apprentice fees?
(a) his friends, the Tropolinos
(b) his father, Lodovico
(c) his friend, Francesco
(d) his patron, Lorenzo
2. What does Ghirlandaio want Michelangelo to do?
(a) stop playing and go to work
(b) see how little talent he has
(c) learn how to copy him
(d) develop his own style in his own way
3. Who is Cardinal Riario di San Giorgio looking for?
(a) the man who had sculpted a cupid he owns
(b) Signor Aldovrandi
(c) Charles VIII of France
(d) the sculptor Dell'Arca
4. While working on Julius' tomb, what comes Michelangelo's way?
(a) an audience with the Pope
(b) a new house and shop
(c) proposals for a variety of projects
(d) money that has long been owed him
5. How does Michelangelo feel about painting frescoes?
(a) he thinks they are difficult to do
(b) he feels he is learning a lot
(c) he is thrilled to be doing them
(d) he does not like doing them
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Granacci tell Michelangelo that Ghirlandaio is willing to do?
2. What does Michelangelo do after accepting the Cardinal's commission?
3. Why can Michelangelo not visit the Contessina?
4. Why does Michelangelo compare his work with files borrowed from Ghirlandaio?
5. What does Lodovico think sculptors are?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)