|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lodovico unable to do when Michelangelo is given the privilege of living in the de Medici household?
(a) refuse Lorenzo de Medici
(b) stand up
(c) believe his ears
(d) utter a word
2. What causes Savonarola to agree that he is a heretic and then recant?
(a) the de Medici family
(b) several days of torture
(c) instructions form the Pope
(d) a debate in Florence
3. who brings Michelangelo to Ghirlandaio?
(a) Lodovico Buonarroti
(b) Lorenzo de Medici
(c) Francesco Granacci
4. Why can Michelangelo not talk to Pope Julius II?
(a) there is a waiting list for months
(b) the Swiss guard will not let him pass
(c) the Pope is in Bologna
(d) he cannot gain an audience
5. What does Piero de Medici want Michelangelo to carve for the birthday of his son, Giuliano?
(a) a set of small soldiers
(b) a cupid
(c) a snowman
(d) a bed
Short Answer Questions
1. Which former admirer of the artist, now seems to scorn Michelangelo?
2. What is Michelangelo worried about before going to the Medici school?
3. What is one thing Michelangelo is thrilled that he can do?
4. Why can Michelangelo not visit the Contessina?
5. Why does Michelangelo arrange for loans?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)