|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After one year, what is Michelangelo allowed to paint?
(a) practice canvases
(c) still lifes
(d) small portraits
2. What does the Duke of Urbino, administrator of Julius' will and his heir want from Michelangelo?
(a) to start over on Julius' tomb
(b) to leave Rome and never return
(c) to create a monument to Julius
(d) to finish Julius' tomb
3. What does Michelangelo need before he can start carving the marble?
(a) getting the marble moved to Rome
(b) a new set of carving tools
(c) an assistant to help him work
(d) specific permission from the Cardinal
4. What raw material does Michelangelo use to carve a crucifix?
(a) sandstone taken from the quarry
(b) a large lump of solidified plaster
(c) a piece of discarded marble
(d) the hardest available Tuscan walnut
5. Where is the thirteen-year-old Michelangelo taken in March of 1488?
(a) to see the Pope in Rome
(b) to the home of the Tropolinos
(c) the Medici Palace
(d) the Guild Hall of Signor Ghirlandaio
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lodovico initially refuse to give his son?
2. What is Michelangelo worried about before going to the Medici school?
3. What does Michelangelo give his brothers Buonarroto and Giovansimone ?
4. What does Julius II give Michelangelo?
5. Why does the city of Florence bribe Caesar Borgia?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)