|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lodovico initially refuse to give his son?
(a) permission to attend the de Medici school
(b) the new equipment he will need
(c) new clothes fitting for the Medici palace
(d) money to live on
2. What is the important commission from the Cardinal of San Dionigi that Michelangelo wants to bid on?
(a) a crucifixion
(b) a statue of David
(c) the last supper
(d) a pieta
3. Why does Lodovico not understand Michelangelo's financial situation?
(a) he forgets how much Michelangelo has given the family
(b) others work for the Vatican and become rich
(c) he thinks Michelangelo lies to him
(d) he is very poor at numbers
4. What is the reaction of the Pope when Michelangelo leaves Rome?
(a) he doesn't notice
(b) he sends money
(c) he is relieved
(d) he is angry
5. Why does Michelangelo arrange for loans?
(a) to send for his family
(b) to pay the Cardinal
(c) to pay his father's debt
(d) to buy a workshop
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the David statue can be placed, what happens?
2. What does Savonarola believe art is?
3. Who comes and sees the sculpture Michelangelo did?
4. Who is the young Contessina de Medici that Michelangelo sees in the sculpture garden?
5. What causes Savonarola to agree that he is a heretic and then recant?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)