|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Michelangelo arrange for loans?
(a) to pay the Cardinal
(b) to buy a workshop
(c) to pay his father's debt
(d) to send for his family
2. When do Michelangelo and the Contessina finally talk about their mutual love?
(a) on her deathbed
(b) one night in the Sistine Chapel
(c) after her husband dies
(d) when she becomes the official hostess of the Pope
3. What does Sangallo, Michelangelo's old friend, discover about Michelangelo's problem with the painting?
(a) he needs to be closer to the surface
(b) he needs to slow down the work to let the paint dry
(c) his Florence paint mixture does not work in Rome
(d) he needs to speed up the work before the paint dries
4. What does Michelangelo insist on from the Pope?
(a) that Swiss Guards surround the chapel at night
(b) that he sleep in the chapel
(c) that only he have the keys to the chapel
(d) that he be given extra money for paints
5. What does Lodovico initially refuse to give his son?
(a) money to live on
(b) new clothes fitting for the Medici palace
(c) the new equipment he will need
(d) permission to attend the de Medici school
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to bring down the papacy and return Italy to the simple, stark, religious ways of his own beliefs?
2. How do Michelangelo and Granacci reckon Lodovico will not be harsh when he learns his son is going to de Medici?
3. What does Michelangelo do after accepting the Cardinal's commission?
4. What is Ghirlandaio reluctant to do?
5. What does Michelangelo need before he can start carving the marble?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)