|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Michelangelo's problem for getting the Pietrasanta marble to Rome?
(a) the marble is too fragile
(b) no road is available
(c) no wagon is big enough
(d) no one will help him
2. What is one thing Michelangelo is thrilled that he can do?
(a) travel in the de Medici coach
(b) see and talk to Contessina
(c) sleep until noon
(d) eat in the dinning room
3. What is the first of Michelangelo's problems if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
(a) two years left as an apprentice for Ghirlandaio
(b) money to buy sculpting tools
(c) the attitude of his father
(d) Ghirlandaio's attitude toward sculpture
4. What is Michelangelo's position in the home of Cardinal Riario?
(a) one of the Cardinal's skilled workmen
(b) the Cardinals confidant
(c) the apprentice architect
(d) the philosophy instructor
5. Who does Michelangelo use for models to perfect his knowledge of anatomy?
(a) boys he finds playing on the streets
(b) men in the Roman baths
(c) his brothers who come down from Florence
(d) off duty guards at the Cardinal's palace
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the city fathers of Florence not receive Michelangelo well?
2. What does Michelangelo discover his father believes about Lorenzo de Medici?
3. Who is the young Contessina de Medici that Michelangelo sees in the sculpture garden?
4. Who is gaining in popularity and importance in Rome to Michelangelo's advantage?
5. In addition to Michelangelo's other problems, what happens to the Cardinal of San Dionigi?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)