|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As payment to the French, what will Michelangelo carve?
(a) something for the Marechal de' Gie
(b) a tomb for the King
(c) something for Charles VIII
(d) a monument to set up in Paris
2. What does Lodovico initially refuse to give his son?
(a) money to live on
(b) the new equipment he will need
(c) permission to attend the de Medici school
(d) new clothes fitting for the Medici palace
3. How is Pietro Torrigiani described?
(a) a short, fat hanger on
(b) a plain and untalented boy
(c) a deformed genius
(d) a well-built, handsome young man
4. From whom does Jacopo Galli secure a commission for Michelangelo?
(a) a magistrate
(b) a prince
(c) a cardinal
(d) a shipping magnate
5. What does Michelangelo give his brothers Buonarroto and Giovansimone ?
(a) his house in Florence
(b) money to open their own shop
(c) an audience with Pope Leo X
(d) a place to stay in Rome
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charles VIII of France want to claim the Kingdom of Naples?
2. Who is to go to the Medici school along with Michelangelo?
3. Why can Michelangelo not visit the Contessina?
4. Eventually, what does Lodovico hope for that will help his family?
5. Who helps Michelangelo find a place of his own?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)