|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michelangelo's father accuse him of in letters from Florence?
(a) siding with the de Medicis.
(b) spending a fortune on himself
(c) causing problems for his brothers
(d) forgetting his family name
2. Who is the female friend Michelangelo visits in Bologna?
(c) the Contessina
3. Why can Michelangelo not visit the Contessina?
(a) he does not have the proper clothes
(b) the Pope might become angry with the Ridolfi family
(c) her husband will not allow it
(d) he does not know where to find her
4. Why does da Vinci align himself with the Borgias?
(a) to be on the winning side
(b) to test some of his inventions
(c) to hedge his bets
(d) to get back at Michelangelo
5. What does da Vinci tell Michelangelo that he has brought to its limits with nothing for others to perfect?
(a) larger than life sculptures
(b) polishing marble like the pieta
(c) sculpting tombs
(d) painting the nude figure
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing Michelangelo is thrilled that he can do?
2. What does Giuliano da Sangallo do for Michelangelo?
3. Why does Michelangelo arrange for loans?
4. Who comes to Rome and is able to help clean out Michelangelo's new quarters?
5. What does Michelangelo give his brothers Buonarroto and Giovansimone ?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)