|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michelangelo discover that he cannot do?
(a) work in three dimensions
(b) form ideas of his own
(c) replicate Bertoldo's style
(d) speak French
2. What does Savonarola believe art is?
(a) neither good nor bad
(b) blasphemous and ungodly
(c) a gift from God
(d) godly and uplifting
3. What does Michelangelo recognize he must do to keep his father from taking him away?
(a) earn some money
(b) bring home good reports
(c) start working in marble
(d) stay out of his father's sight
4. What happens to all the marbles Michelangelo collects for the St. Lorenzo church?
(a) it is crushed and used for road paving
(b) it is thrown into the tiber rriver
(c) it is left where it lay affter the accident
(d) it is used for tiling the floor of the duomo
5. What does the Duke of Urbino, administrator of Julius' will and his heir want from Michelangelo?
(a) to finish Julius' tomb
(b) to create a monument to Julius
(c) to start over on Julius' tomb
(d) to leave Rome and never return
Short Answer Questions
1. Who succeeds Pope Julius II as Pope Leo X?
2. Displeased with Piero de Medici, what are the people of Florence more inclined to listen to?
3. What is Michelangelo's idea of a statue that can be carved from the defective block of marble?
4. Who operates the sculpture garden?
5. Why does the city of Florence bribe Caesar Borgia?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)