|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michelangelo's brother, Lionardo, believe his brother has become?
(a) overly educated in the arts
(b) absent minded and useless
(c) subservient and docile
(d) corrupted by power and money
2. How does Michelangelo spend a lot of his free time near the sculpture garden?
(a) standing outside the school's gates, watching
(b) sitting in a tree, looking over the wall
(c) putting out his paintings for sale
(d) waiting to see a de Medici coming
3. What does Pope Leo X want Leonardo da Vinci, Raphael, and Michelangelo to do?
(a) become friends
(b) design his summer villa
(c) return to Florence
(d) work together on the sistine Chapel
4. Which former admirer of the artist, now seems to scorn Michelangelo?
(b) da Vinci
5. What is the important commission from the Cardinal of San Dionigi that Michelangelo wants to bid on?
(a) a statue of David
(b) a pieta
(c) a crucifixion
(d) the last supper
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michelangelo recognize he must do to keep his father from taking him away?
2. What distresses Michelangelo about many of his commissions?
3. What does Leonardo da Vinci do that irritates Michelangelo?
4. Who is Cardinal Riario di San Giorgio looking for?
5. What does Michelangelo learn his old nemesis, Torrigiani, is doing in Rome?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)