|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reaction of the Pope when Michelangelo leaves Rome?
(a) he sends money
(b) he is angry
(c) he is relieved
(d) he doesn't notice
2. What does Michelangelo tell his brother about his art?
(a) that it is holy
(b) that it is progressing
(c) that it is his life
(d) that it is all he knows
3. What does Julius II give Michelangelo?
(a) a small stipend which he sends to his father
(b) a work area he must pay rent on
(c) an order to redesign his tomb
(d) a house he must pay rent on but no money
4. Besides working on his commission, what does Michelangelo enjoy in Galli's home?
(a) a good bed to sleep in
(b) the finest food in Rome
(c) freedom to find other commissions
(d) conversations with a learned man
5. The Pope wants the road but what other problem does Michelangelo have?
(a) the Pope will not fund it
(b) the Pope will not decide about it
(c) the Pope will not approve it
(d) the Pope will not send workers
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bertoldo, the sculptor master, give Michelangelo?
2. Why does Michelangelo have trouble with the Bolognese people?
3. Because he likes Michelangelo's cupid so well, what does Jacopo Galli commission him to sculpt?
4. Why does the city of Florence bribe Caesar Borgia?
5. What is something Michelangelo learns from members of the academy?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)