|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michelangelo discover that he cannot do?
(a) form ideas of his own
(b) work in three dimensions
(c) replicate Bertoldo's style
(d) speak French
2. As Michelangelo progresses, what does he learn about life?
(a) the value of personal ethics
(b) the jealousy of others
(c) the kindness of strangers
(d) the effects of poverty
3. What does Pope Julius demand Michelangelo make for him?
(a) a bas relief
(b) a bronze statue
(c) a marble table
(d) a painting
4. What is Michelangelo's idea of a statue that can be carved from the defective block of marble?
(a) St. Paul
(b) a pieta
5. What does Michelangelo need in order to paint his planned story on the ceiling of the chapel?
(a) the Pope's permission
(b) someone to mix his paints
(c) a system of ropes and pullies
(d) a large supply of paint
Short Answer Questions
1. Working all day and studying all night, what do people think Michelangelo is doing?
2. To whom does the sculpture garden belong?
3. What does Granacci tell Michelangelo that Ghirlandaio is willing to do?
4. What is Michelangelo's problem for getting the Pietrasanta marble to Rome?
5. Who operates the sculpture garden?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)