|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reaction of the Pope when Michelangelo leaves Rome?
(a) he sends money
(b) he is relieved
(c) he doesn't notice
(d) he is angry
2. How does Michelangelo set himself apart at the Guild Hall of Signor Ghirlandaio?
(a) with his talents and beliefs
(b) with his anti-social behavior
(c) with his long hours of study
(d) with the poorness of his clothes
3. In addition to Michelangelo's other problems, what happens to the Cardinal of San Dionigi?
(a) he is sent to be the Cardinal of Germany
(b) he dies before the pieta is finished
(c) he is excommunicated
(d) he loses his mind and cannot remember Michelangelo
4. After a hard winter, where does Michelangelo's friend Granacci take him?
(a) to a sculpture garden
(b) to an art festival
(c) to Venice
(d) to a museum
5. What do the members of the elite academy discuss and learn about?
(a) history, religion, and horticulture
(b) political, literary, music and philosophical ideas
(c) science, exploration, and evolution
(d) art, history, and geography
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Michelangelo learn anatomy at the charity hospital of Santo Spirito?
2. For whom does Michelangelo offer to carve something?
3. What does Savonarola preach about the de Medici family?
4. Who is to go to the Medici school along with Michelangelo?
5. How does Charles VIII of France want to claim the Kingdom of Naples?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)