|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because he likes Michelangelo's cupid so well, what does Jacopo Galli commission him to sculpt?
(a) a sculpture of a Bacchus
(b) a sculpture of Dyonisus
(c) a sculpture of Venus
(d) a sculpture of Adonis
2. How does Michelangelo set himself apart at the Guild Hall of Signor Ghirlandaio?
(a) with his talents and beliefs
(b) with the poorness of his clothes
(c) with his long hours of study
(d) with his anti-social behavior
3. What are the people of Florence not happy about?
(a) the lavish wedding of the contessa
(b) the wine crop failure in Tuscany
(c) Piero de Medici's gifts to the poor
(d) Michelangelo's crucifix
4. How does Charles VIII of France want to claim the Kingdom of Naples?
(a) through eminent domaine
(b) through treaty
(c) through inheritance
(d) through warfare
5. After three years and a great deal of his personal expense, what happens to Leo X's project?
(a) the project is to be abandoned
(b) the marble shatters
(c) the road cannot be completed
(d) the Pope dies
Short Answer Questions
1. Who succeeds Pope Julius II as Pope Leo X?
2. From whom does Jacopo Galli secure a commission for Michelangelo?
3. What does Sangallo, Michelangelo's old friend, discover about Michelangelo's problem with the painting?
4. While working on the panels, what is Michelangelo dreaming about?
5. What work of da Vinci's does Giuliano want to show Michelangelo?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)