|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Savonarola to agree that he is a heretic and then recant?
(a) a debate in Florence
(b) instructions form the Pope
(c) several days of torture
(d) the de Medici family
2. What scene does Michelangelo want to paint in the Sistine Chapel?
(a) Moses and the Ten Commandments
(b) the Genesis story
(c) the birth of Jesus
(d) Noah and the flood
3. When the project for Leo X is canceled, how does Michelangelo feel?
(a) that the de Medici family is still angry with him
(b) that the Church is a criminal organization
(c) that his life is over
(d) that his life and reputation are ruined
4. Who is being considered to carve the large block of marble that seems to have a defect?
(a) Sandro Bottecelli
(b) Donato Donatello
(c) Leonardo da Vinci
(d) Domenico Ghirlandaio
5. What is offered to Michelangelo with a commission for him to sculpt the Twelve Apostles for the cathedral?
(a) a house
(b) a seat on the city council
(c) a new wardrobe
(d) a large block of marble
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Michelangelo compare his work with files borrowed from Ghirlandaio?
2. What does Pope Julius demand Michelangelo make for him?
3. While working on the panels, what is Michelangelo dreaming about?
4. What is Michelangelo's idea of a statue that can be carved from the defective block of marble?
5. Instead of a commission, what does Cardinal Riario give Michelangelo?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)