|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Torrigiani do to Michelangelo that causes him to flee the palace?
(a) breaks Michelangelo's nose
(b) breaks Michelangelo's sculpture
(c) breaks Michelangelo's arm
(d) breaks Michelangelo's tools
2. What does Michelangelo get Ghirlandaio to do for him?
(a) allow him to paint his own designs
(b) pay him a stipend to study there
(c) give him a good recommendation
(d) buy all of his art supplies
3. How is Pietro Torrigiani described?
(a) a deformed genius
(b) a plain and untalented boy
(c) a short, fat hanger on
(d) a well-built, handsome young man
4. Why does Michelangelo have trouble with the Bolognese people?
(a) because he works for the Pope
(b) because he has no money
(c) because he is from Florence
(d) because he spurns Clarissa
5. Before the David statue can be placed, what happens?
(a) the Cardinal wants it
(b) the marble cracks
(c) vandals attack it
(d) it falls over
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Michelangelo's conclusion about his looks after the broken nose?
2. After one year, what is Michelangelo allowed to paint?
3. What new commission does the Pope give to Michelangelo?
4. What distresses Michelangelo about many of his commissions?
5. What does Michelangelo recognize he must do to keep his father from taking him away?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)