|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the city fathers of Florence not receive Michelangelo well?
(a) the unfinished work he left behind
(b) they remember his de Medici connection
(c) fear of angering the Pope
(d) he has no money for taxes
2. What is the important commission from the Cardinal of San Dionigi that Michelangelo wants to bid on?
(a) a pieta
(b) a crucifixion
(c) a statue of David
(d) the last supper
3. In addition to Michelangelo's other problems, what happens to the Cardinal of San Dionigi?
(a) he loses his mind and cannot remember Michelangelo
(b) he is excommunicated
(c) he is sent to be the Cardinal of Germany
(d) he dies before the pieta is finished
4. What scene does Michelangelo want to paint in the Sistine Chapel?
(a) Moses and the Ten Commandments
(b) the Genesis story
(c) Noah and the flood
(d) the birth of Jesus
5. Where is the Contessina sent as she nears marriageable age?
(a) to live in Rome
(b) to live with the Ridolfi
(c) to a convent
(d) to school in Milan
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lodovico unable to do when Michelangelo is given the privilege of living in the de Medici household?
2. To whom does the sculpture garden belong?
3. Just as Michelangelo starts working for Galli, what do the creditors in Florence demand?
4. Who does Michelangelo use for models to perfect his knowledge of anatomy?
5. At the palace de Medici, with whom does Michelangelo share quarters?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)