|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lodovico want Michelangelo accepted?
(a) a merchant guild
(b) the Plato Academy
(c) the Florentine guard
(d) Ghirlandaio's school
2. Who wants to bring down the papacy and return Italy to the simple, stark, religious ways of his own beliefs?
(b) Leonardo da Vinci
(c) Lodovico Buonarroti
(d) Lorenzo de Medici
3. What is Ghirlandaio reluctant to do?
(a) keep Michaelangelo as a student
(b) continue Michaelangelo's stipend
(c) cater to the Medici family
(d) release his student
4. What does Michelangelo tell his brother about his art?
(a) that it is progressing
(b) that it is his life
(c) that it is holy
(d) that it is all he knows
5. How does Michelangelo spend a lot of his free time near the sculpture garden?
(a) putting out his paintings for sale
(b) waiting to see a de Medici coming
(c) sitting in a tree, looking over the wall
(d) standing outside the school's gates, watching
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Michelangelo and Granacci reckon Lodovico will not be harsh when he learns his son is going to de Medici?
2. How does Michelangelo learn anatomy at the charity hospital of Santo Spirito?
3. Who asks for two of Ghirlandaio's students to study at his new Medici school?
4. Who gets Michelangelo a short interview with Cardinal Riario?
5. What does Michelangelo insist painting draped figures allows the artist to do?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)