|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michelangelo discover that he cannot do?
(a) replicate Bertoldo's style
(b) speak French
(c) form ideas of his own
(d) work in three dimensions
2. Working all day and studying all night, what do people think Michelangelo is doing?
(a) looking for ways out of Florence
(b) seeing a lover
(c) getting drunk and living a wild life
(d) running contraband goods
3. What is Michelangelo's conclusion about his looks after the broken nose?
(a) it makes him look eccentric
(b) it is something he cannot change
(c) his work must conceal his looks
(d) now he is handsome
4. At the palace de Medici, with whom does Michelangelo share quarters?
(a) Bertoldo, the sculpture master
(b) Pietro Torrigiani
(c) Donato Donatello
(d) Francesco Granacci
5. Where does Lodovico want Michelangelo accepted?
(a) a merchant guild
(b) Ghirlandaio's school
(c) the Plato Academy
(d) the Florentine guard
Short Answer Questions
1. What is something Michelangelo learns from members of the academy?
2. Instead of a commission, what does Cardinal Riario give Michelangelo?
3. What does Savonarola believe art is?
4. What is Michelangelo's response when his father tells him he cannot afford to have pride?
5. What is Michelangelo expected to learn about?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)