|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Granacci tell Michelangelo that Ghirlandaio is willing to do?
(a) accept him back as an apprentice
(b) find him another patron
(c) sponsor him as a sculptor
(d) bring him back as a teacher of sculpture
2. What does Michelangelo insist painting draped figures allows the artist to do?
(a) ignore the shape and features of the body
(b) have less trouble with textures
(c) put emphasis on color over form
(d) work faster to finsh a painting
3. What does Lodovico think sculptors are?
(a) potentially wealthy men
(b) grand artists
(c) little more than being stonecutters
(d) contributors to society
4. Who helps Michelangelo find a place of his own?
(a) Giuliano da Sangallo
(b) Leo Baglioni
(c) Andrea Bregno
(d) Jacopo Galli
5. What causes Savonarola to agree that he is a heretic and then recant?
(a) the de Medici family
(b) a debate in Florence
(c) several days of torture
(d) instructions form the Pope
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michelangelo need before he can start carving the marble?
2. What does Piero de Medici want Michelangelo to carve for the birthday of his son, Giuliano?
3. Where does Michelangelo go to study?
4. Where is the Contessina sent as she nears marriageable age?
5. What does Michelangelo learn the city fathers have sent behind Piero de Medici's back?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)