|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Michelangelo go to study?
(a) the Plato Academy
(b) the art school of Milan
(c) the library of the Order of Hermits of Santo Spiritu
(d) the Vatican archives
2. Besides working on his commission, what does Michelangelo enjoy in Galli's home?
(a) freedom to find other commissions
(b) conversations with a learned man
(c) the finest food in Rome
(d) a good bed to sleep in
3. After the death of Lorenzo de Medici, where does Michelangelo find himself?
(a) working in the marble quarry
(b) back sharing a bed with his brother
(c) on the way to Portugal
(d) back at the Tropolino house
4. Who is perfectly content to keep house and cook for Michelangelo?
5. What causes Savonarola to agree that he is a heretic and then recant?
(a) a debate in Florence
(b) the de Medici family
(c) several days of torture
(d) instructions form the Pope
Short Answer Questions
1. Who operates the sculpture garden?
2. Just as Michelangelo starts working for Galli, what do the creditors in Florence demand?
3. What is Lodovico unable to do when Michelangelo is given the privilege of living in the de Medici household?
4. How does Michelangelo learn anatomy at the charity hospital of Santo Spirito?
5. What is Michelangelo's response when his father tells him he cannot afford to have pride?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)