|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After one year, what is Michelangelo allowed to paint?
(a) practice canvases
(c) still lifes
(d) small portraits
2. Where does Michelangelo go to study?
(a) the library of the Order of Hermits of Santo Spiritu
(b) the Plato Academy
(c) the art school of Milan
(d) the Vatican archives
3. What does Michelangelo learn the city fathers have sent behind Piero de Medici's back?
(a) a warrant for Piero's arrest
(b) letters to the Pope
(c) a delegation to Charles VIII
(d) a request for mercenaries from Germany
4. How does Michelangelo feel about painting frescoes?
(a) he is thrilled to be doing them
(b) he feels he is learning a lot
(c) he thinks they are difficult to do
(d) he does not like doing them
5. As Michelangelo progresses, what does he learn about life?
(a) the jealousy of others
(b) the value of personal ethics
(c) the kindness of strangers
(d) the effects of poverty
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michelangelo discover his father believes about Lorenzo de Medici?
2. What is Ghirlandaio reluctant to do?
3. For his first year as an apprentice, how is Michelangelo treated?
4. What is the important commission from the Cardinal of San Dionigi that Michelangelo wants to bid on?
5. What does Piero de Medici want Michelangelo to carve for the birthday of his son, Giuliano?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)