|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides working on his commission, what does Michelangelo enjoy in Galli's home?
(a) a good bed to sleep in
(b) freedom to find other commissions
(c) the finest food in Rome
(d) conversations with a learned man
2. What does Michelangelo learn his old nemesis, Torrigiani, is doing in Rome?
(a) selling miniature sculptures
(b) working for the Pope
(c) looking for him
(d) befriending the Borgias
3. Who operates the sculpture garden?
(b) da Vinci
4. As a second problem, what must Michelangelo have if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
(a) previous art recognition
(b) ten thousand florins
(c) an invitation from Bertoldo or one of the de Medicis
(d) knowledge of the basics of sculpture
5. What is Michelangelo's conclusion about his looks after the broken nose?
(a) it is something he cannot change
(b) his work must conceal his looks
(c) it makes him look eccentric
(d) now he is handsome
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Michelangelo allowed to do for his painting of a neophyte for the Baptism of John panel?
2. How does Charles VIII of France want to claim the Kingdom of Naples?
3. who brings Michelangelo to Ghirlandaio?
4. Who helps Michelangelo find a place of his own?
5. To whom does the sculpture garden belong?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)