|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michelangelo get Ghirlandaio to do for him?
(a) give him a good recommendation
(b) buy all of his art supplies
(c) pay him a stipend to study there
(d) allow him to paint his own designs
2. Where does Lodovico want Michelangelo accepted?
(a) the Florentine guard
(b) the Plato Academy
(c) Ghirlandaio's school
(d) a merchant guild
3. Why does Michelangelo compare his work with files borrowed from Ghirlandaio?
(a) to learn how to keep files
(b) to learn from his own mistakes
(c) to find a patron
(d) to see how much better he is
4. If caught in his nighttime study of anatomy, what might the Church do to him?
(a) put him to death
(b) dismiss him from school
(c) put him in a monastery
(d) put him in prison
5. What does Granacci tell Michelangelo that Ghirlandaio is willing to do?
(a) bring him back as a teacher of sculpture
(b) accept him back as an apprentice
(c) find him another patron
(d) sponsor him as a sculptor
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Michelangelo allowed to do for his painting of a neophyte for the Baptism of John panel?
2. What does Savonarola preach about the de Medici family?
3. What does Giuliano da Sangallo do for Michelangelo?
4. What does Torrigiani do to Michelangelo that causes him to flee the palace?
5. What is something Michelangelo learns from members of the academy?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)