|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Piero de Medici refuse to work?
(a) the appointed city leaders
(b) the Pope
2. What is the first of Michelangelo's problems if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
(a) the attitude of his father
(b) money to buy sculpting tools
(c) Ghirlandaio's attitude toward sculpture
(d) two years left as an apprentice for Ghirlandaio
3. who brings Michelangelo to Ghirlandaio?
(b) Lorenzo de Medici
(c) Francesco Granacci
(d) Lodovico Buonarroti
4. What is Lodovico unable to do when Michelangelo is given the privilege of living in the de Medici household?
(a) stand up
(b) refuse Lorenzo de Medici
(c) utter a word
(d) believe his ears
5. What is Michelangelo allowed to do for his painting of a neophyte for the Baptism of John panel?
(a) bring in a nude model
(b) paint with close supervision
(c) work with two other apprentices
(d) redesign the panel
Short Answer Questions
1. After the festival for his son, where does Piero de Medici invite Michelangelo?
2. Who is the young Contessina de Medici that Michelangelo sees in the sculpture garden?
3. What is Michelangelo's response when his father tells him he cannot afford to have pride?
4. What does Ghirlandaio want Michelangelo to do?
5. What does Savonarola believe art is?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)