|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Michelangelo learn anatomy at the charity hospital of Santo Spirito?
(a) by watching surgeries
(b) by bathing patients
(c) by dissecting dead bodies
(d) by auditing classes
2. What does Piero de Medici want Michelangelo to carve for the birthday of his son, Giuliano?
(a) a bed
(b) a cupid
(c) a set of small soldiers
(d) a snowman
3. What does Michelangelo carve surreptitiously?
(a) a lion
(b) a face
(c) a cat
(d) a faun
4. What is Michelangelo allowed to do for his painting of a neophyte for the Baptism of John panel?
(a) work with two other apprentices
(b) redesign the panel
(c) paint with close supervision
(d) bring in a nude model
5. What does Lodovico initially refuse to give his son?
(a) new clothes fitting for the Medici palace
(b) money to live on
(c) permission to attend the de Medici school
(d) the new equipment he will need
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michelangelo learn the city fathers have sent behind Piero de Medici's back?
2. What is Michelangelo's position in the home of Cardinal Riario?
3. Why does Michelangelo compare his work with files borrowed from Ghirlandaio?
4. After the death of Lorenzo de Medici, where does Michelangelo find himself?
5. Who comes to Rome and is able to help clean out Michelangelo's new quarters?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)