|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Giuliano da Sangallo do for Michelangelo?
(a) helps him when his stepmother dies
(b) teaches him more about architecture
(c) introduces him to a diplomat
(d) shows him where to buy marble
2. What does Savonarola preach about the de Medici family?
(a) they are evil and should be destroyed
(b) they are rich and should give to the poor
(c) they are holy and should be revered
(d) they are his strong supporters
3. Where does Michelangelo go to study?
(a) the Vatican archives
(b) the art school of Milan
(c) the library of the Order of Hermits of Santo Spiritu
(d) the Plato Academy
4. At the palace de Medici, with whom does Michelangelo share quarters?
(a) Bertoldo, the sculpture master
(b) Donato Donatello
(c) Pietro Torrigiani
(d) Francesco Granacci
5. After a hard winter, where does Michelangelo's friend Granacci take him?
(a) to an art festival
(b) to a sculpture garden
(c) to Venice
(d) to a museum
Short Answer Questions
1. After one year, what is Michelangelo allowed to paint?
2. What is the first of Michelangelo's problems if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
3. After the festival for his son, where does Piero de Medici invite Michelangelo?
4. Instead of a commission, what does Cardinal Riario give Michelangelo?
5. What does Michelangelo discover that he cannot do?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)