|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michelangelo have after his meeting with the Cardinal?
(a) a commission to carvea pieta
(b) a letter of introduction to the Pope
(c) a new workshop to work in
(d) a seven-foot block of marble and no money
2. What is Michelangelo allowed to do for his painting of a neophyte for the Baptism of John panel?
(a) paint with close supervision
(b) redesign the panel
(c) work with two other apprentices
(d) bring in a nude model
3. In addition to Michelangelo's other problems, what happens to the Cardinal of San Dionigi?
(a) he is sent to be the Cardinal of Germany
(b) he loses his mind and cannot remember Michelangelo
(c) he dies before the pieta is finished
(d) he is excommunicated
4. What do the members of the elite academy discuss and learn about?
(a) art, history, and geography
(b) science, exploration, and evolution
(c) political, literary, music and philosophical ideas
(d) history, religion, and horticulture
5. What does Torrigiani do to Michelangelo that causes him to flee the palace?
(a) breaks Michelangelo's arm
(b) breaks Michelangelo's sculpture
(c) breaks Michelangelo's tools
(d) breaks Michelangelo's nose
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Michelangelo's response when his father tells him he cannot afford to have pride?
2. Who asks for two of Ghirlandaio's students to study at his new Medici school?
3. What does Lodovico think sculptors are?
4. Instead of a commission, what does Cardinal Riario give Michelangelo?
5. What does Michelangelo believe that Ghirlandaio disagrees with?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)