|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For his first year as an apprentice, how is Michelangelo treated?
(a) as a boy to make the daily coffee
(b) as if he knows nothing about art
(c) as though he were not there
(d) as a messenger boy
2. What does Ghirlandaio want Michelangelo to do?
(a) see how little talent he has
(b) develop his own style in his own way
(c) learn how to copy him
(d) stop playing and go to work
3. What is Ghirlandaio reluctant to do?
(a) keep Michaelangelo as a student
(b) continue Michaelangelo's stipend
(c) cater to the Medici family
(d) release his student
4. How do Michelangelo and Granacci reckon Lodovico will not be harsh when he learns his son is going to de Medici?
(a) if Granacci is present
(b) if his step mother is in the room
(c) if he hears the name de Medici
(d) if Michelangelo promises to give him his money
5. How does Michelangelo spend a lot of his free time near the sculpture garden?
(a) putting out his paintings for sale
(b) waiting to see a de Medici coming
(c) standing outside the school's gates, watching
(d) sitting in a tree, looking over the wall
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is perfectly content to keep house and cook for Michelangelo?
2. Instead of a commission, what does Cardinal Riario give Michelangelo?
3. What do the members of the elite academy discuss and learn about?
4. What is the first of Michelangelo's problems if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
5. What does Michelangelo tell his brother about his art?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)