|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Savonarola preach about the de Medici family?
(a) they are rich and should give to the poor
(b) they are evil and should be destroyed
(c) they are holy and should be revered
(d) they are his strong supporters
2. Why does Michelangelo arrange for loans?
(a) to pay his father's debt
(b) to send for his family
(c) to buy a workshop
(d) to pay the Cardinal
3. What does Lodovico think sculptors are?
(a) contributors to society
(b) little more than being stonecutters
(c) potentially wealthy men
(d) grand artists
4. As a second problem, what must Michelangelo have if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
(a) an invitation from Bertoldo or one of the de Medicis
(b) knowledge of the basics of sculpture
(c) previous art recognition
(d) ten thousand florins
5. Besides working on his commission, what does Michelangelo enjoy in Galli's home?
(a) conversations with a learned man
(b) freedom to find other commissions
(c) a good bed to sleep in
(d) the finest food in Rome
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charles VIII of France want to claim the Kingdom of Naples?
2. Who is perfectly content to keep house and cook for Michelangelo?
3. What is Lodovico unable to do when Michelangelo is given the privilege of living in the de Medici household?
4. How does Michelangelo learn anatomy at the charity hospital of Santo Spirito?
5. who brings Michelangelo to Ghirlandaio?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)