|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Michelangelo progresses, what does he learn about life?
(a) the effects of poverty
(b) the value of personal ethics
(c) the kindness of strangers
(d) the jealousy of others
2. Where does Michelangelo go to study?
(a) the library of the Order of Hermits of Santo Spiritu
(b) the Plato Academy
(c) the Vatican archives
(d) the art school of Milan
3. Who asks for two of Ghirlandaio's students to study at his new Medici school?
(c) Il Magnifico
4. What does Michelangelo have after his meeting with the Cardinal?
(a) a commission to carvea pieta
(b) a new workshop to work in
(c) a seven-foot block of marble and no money
(d) a letter of introduction to the Pope
5. What is Michelangelo allowed to do for his painting of a neophyte for the Baptism of John panel?
(a) work with two other apprentices
(b) paint with close supervision
(c) redesign the panel
(d) bring in a nude model
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michelangelo discover that he cannot do?
2. With whom does Piero de Medici refuse to work?
3. Who comes to Rome and is able to help clean out Michelangelo's new quarters?
4. Where is the thirteen-year-old Michelangelo taken in March of 1488?
5. Who wants to bring down the papacy and return Italy to the simple, stark, religious ways of his own beliefs?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)