|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Pietro Torrigiani described?
(a) a short, fat hanger on
(b) a plain and untalented boy
(c) a deformed genius
(d) a well-built, handsome young man
2. What does Michelangelo recognize he must do to keep his father from taking him away?
(a) earn some money
(b) bring home good reports
(c) start working in marble
(d) stay out of his father's sight
3. What is the first of Michelangelo's problems if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
(a) Ghirlandaio's attitude toward sculpture
(b) money to buy sculpting tools
(c) the attitude of his father
(d) two years left as an apprentice for Ghirlandaio
4. Who comes to Rome and is able to help clean out Michelangelo's new quarters?
(a) his father Lodovico
(b) his brother Lionardo
(c) his brother Buonarroto
(d) his friend Granacci
5. How does Michelangelo spend a lot of his free time near the sculpture garden?
(a) putting out his paintings for sale
(b) waiting to see a de Medici coming
(c) standing outside the school's gates, watching
(d) sitting in a tree, looking over the wall
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michelangelo tell his brother about his art?
2. What is something Michelangelo learns from members of the academy?
3. What does Savonarola believe art is?
4. Where does Michelangelo go to study?
5. Where is the thirteen-year-old Michelangelo taken in March of 1488?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)