|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the palace de Medici, with whom does Michelangelo share quarters?
(a) Bertoldo, the sculpture master
(b) Francesco Granacci
(c) Pietro Torrigiani
(d) Donato Donatello
2. What is Michelangelo allowed to do for his painting of a neophyte for the Baptism of John panel?
(a) bring in a nude model
(b) redesign the panel
(c) paint with close supervision
(d) work with two other apprentices
3. How does Michelangelo feel about painting frescoes?
(a) he is thrilled to be doing them
(b) he thinks they are difficult to do
(c) he feels he is learning a lot
(d) he does not like doing them
4. What is Ghirlandaio reluctant to do?
(a) cater to the Medici family
(b) keep Michaelangelo as a student
(c) continue Michaelangelo's stipend
(d) release his student
5. What is the first of Michelangelo's problems if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
(a) two years left as an apprentice for Ghirlandaio
(b) Ghirlandaio's attitude toward sculpture
(c) the attitude of his father
(d) money to buy sculpting tools
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lodovico unable to do when Michelangelo is given the privilege of living in the de Medici household?
2. Displeased with Piero de Medici, what are the people of Florence more inclined to listen to?
3. How do Michelangelo and Granacci reckon Lodovico will not be harsh when he learns his son is going to de Medici?
4. What is one thing Michelangelo is thrilled that he can do?
5. After the festival for his son, where does Piero de Medici invite Michelangelo?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)