|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. who brings Michelangelo to Ghirlandaio?
(a) Francesco Granacci
(b) Lodovico Buonarroti
(d) Lorenzo de Medici
2. What does Bertoldo, the sculptor master, give Michelangelo?
(a) much praise and encouragement
(b) new sculpting tools
(c) a special workplace
(d) much criticism of what he does
3. After the festival for his son, where does Piero de Medici invite Michelangelo?
(a) back into the de Medici home
(b) on a trip to Bologna
(c) on a trip to visit King Charles VIII of France
(d) back to restore the Sculpture Garden
4. Where is the Contessina sent as she nears marriageable age?
(a) to live in Rome
(b) to a convent
(c) to live with the Ridolfi
(d) to school in Milan
5. What does Ghirlandaio want Michelangelo to do?
(a) develop his own style in his own way
(b) stop playing and go to work
(c) learn how to copy him
(d) see how little talent he has
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the young Contessina de Medici that Michelangelo sees in the sculpture garden?
2. Who is Cardinal Riario di San Giorgio looking for?
3. Who can Michelangelo not rely on to pay his apprentice fees?
4. What does Michelangelo learn the city fathers have sent behind Piero de Medici's back?
5. While working on the panels, what is Michelangelo dreaming about?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)