|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first of Michelangelo's problems if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
(a) the attitude of his father
(b) money to buy sculpting tools
(c) two years left as an apprentice for Ghirlandaio
(d) Ghirlandaio's attitude toward sculpture
2. Where does Michelangelo go to study?
(a) the art school of Milan
(b) the Vatican archives
(c) the library of the Order of Hermits of Santo Spiritu
(d) the Plato Academy
3. Who is Il Magnifico?
(a) Domenico Ghirlandaio
(b) Lorenzo de Medici
(c) Pope Julius II
(d) the Doge of Milan
4. After one year, what is Michelangelo allowed to paint?
(a) practice canvases
(c) small portraits
(d) still lifes
5. What is Lodovico unable to do when Michelangelo is given the privilege of living in the de Medici household?
(a) utter a word
(b) stand up
(c) refuse Lorenzo de Medici
(d) believe his ears
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Michelangelo worried about before going to the Medici school?
2. Displeased with Piero de Medici, what are the people of Florence more inclined to listen to?
3. Who can Michelangelo not rely on to pay his apprentice fees?
4. Where is the thirteen-year-old Michelangelo taken in March of 1488?
5. Why does Michelangelo compare his work with files borrowed from Ghirlandaio?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)