|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After one year, what is Michelangelo allowed to paint?
(a) practice canvases
(b) small portraits
(c) still lifes
2. What does Bertoldo, the sculptor master, give Michelangelo?
(a) a special workplace
(b) much praise and encouragement
(c) new sculpting tools
(d) much criticism of what he does
3. What is something Michelangelo learns from members of the academy?
(a) elocution and ethics
(b) accounting and the importance of politics
(c) literature and the value of writing poetry
(d) music and dancing
4. Who can Michelangelo not rely on to pay his apprentice fees?
(a) his friends, the Tropolinos
(b) his patron, Lorenzo
(c) his friend, Francesco
(d) his father, Lodovico
5. What does Lodovico think sculptors are?
(a) grand artists
(b) potentially wealthy men
(c) contributors to society
(d) little more than being stonecutters
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michelangelo get Ghirlandaio to do for him?
2. Who is Il Magnifico?
3. Who is Cardinal Riario di San Giorgio looking for?
4. Displeased with Piero de Medici, what are the people of Florence more inclined to listen to?
5. What does Granacci tell Michelangelo that Ghirlandaio is willing to do?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)