|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ghirlandaio reluctant to do?
(a) cater to the Medici family
(b) continue Michaelangelo's stipend
(c) keep Michaelangelo as a student
(d) release his student
2. At the palace de Medici, with whom does Michelangelo share quarters?
(a) Pietro Torrigiani
(b) Donato Donatello
(c) Bertoldo, the sculpture master
(d) Francesco Granacci
3. What does Michelangelo insist painting draped figures allows the artist to do?
(a) have less trouble with textures
(b) ignore the shape and features of the body
(c) put emphasis on color over form
(d) work faster to finsh a painting
4. After a hard winter, where does Michelangelo's friend Granacci take him?
(a) to Venice
(b) to a sculpture garden
(c) to an art festival
(d) to a museum
5. What does Michelangelo believe that Ghirlandaio disagrees with?
(a) that art is a useless occupation
(b) that painting is a waste of time
(c) that sculpture is the greatest art form
(d) that humans should never be painted nude
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Piero de Medici refuse to work?
2. After the festival for his son, where does Piero de Medici invite Michelangelo?
3. What does Piero de Medici want Michelangelo to carve for the birthday of his son, Giuliano?
4. How do Michelangelo and Granacci reckon Lodovico will not be harsh when he learns his son is going to de Medici?
5. What does Michelangelo get Ghirlandaio to do for him?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)