|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Charles VIII of France want to claim the Kingdom of Naples?
(a) through treaty
(b) through warfare
(c) through eminent domaine
(d) through inheritance
2. What does Piero de Medici want Michelangelo to carve for the birthday of his son, Giuliano?
(a) a cupid
(b) a set of small soldiers
(c) a bed
(d) a snowman
3. How does Michelangelo set himself apart at the Guild Hall of Signor Ghirlandaio?
(a) with his anti-social behavior
(b) with his talents and beliefs
(c) with his long hours of study
(d) with the poorness of his clothes
4. Why does Michelangelo compare his work with files borrowed from Ghirlandaio?
(a) to find a patron
(b) to learn from his own mistakes
(c) to see how much better he is
(d) to learn how to keep files
5. Who is Cardinal Riario di San Giorgio looking for?
(a) Charles VIII of France
(b) the sculptor Dell'Arca
(c) the man who had sculpted a cupid he owns
(d) Signor Aldovrandi
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes and sees the sculpture Michelangelo did?
2. After a hard winter, where does Michelangelo's friend Granacci take him?
3. Who operates the sculpture garden?
4. Who is to go to the Medici school along with Michelangelo?
5. As a second problem, what must Michelangelo have if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)