|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Michelangelo compare his work with files borrowed from Ghirlandaio?
(a) to find a patron
(b) to learn from his own mistakes
(c) to learn how to keep files
(d) to see how much better he is
2. What does Torrigiani do to Michelangelo that causes him to flee the palace?
(a) breaks Michelangelo's tools
(b) breaks Michelangelo's sculpture
(c) breaks Michelangelo's nose
(d) breaks Michelangelo's arm
3. How does Michelangelo set himself apart at the Guild Hall of Signor Ghirlandaio?
(a) with the poorness of his clothes
(b) with his talents and beliefs
(c) with his anti-social behavior
(d) with his long hours of study
4. What raw material does Michelangelo use to carve a crucifix?
(a) a piece of discarded marble
(b) a large lump of solidified plaster
(c) sandstone taken from the quarry
(d) the hardest available Tuscan walnut
5. How does Charles VIII of France want to claim the Kingdom of Naples?
(a) through treaty
(b) through inheritance
(c) through warfare
(d) through eminent domaine
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lodovico unable to do when Michelangelo is given the privilege of living in the de Medici household?
2. As Michelangelo progresses, what does he learn about life?
3. What does Michelangelo believe that Ghirlandaio disagrees with?
4. What does Lodovico initially refuse to give his son?
5. To whom does the sculpture garden belong?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)