|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a second problem, what must Michelangelo have if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
(a) an invitation from Bertoldo or one of the de Medicis
(b) knowledge of the basics of sculpture
(c) previous art recognition
(d) ten thousand florins
2. Where does Michelangelo go to study?
(a) the Plato Academy
(b) the Vatican archives
(c) the art school of Milan
(d) the library of the Order of Hermits of Santo Spiritu
3. How does Charles VIII of France want to claim the Kingdom of Naples?
(a) through treaty
(b) through warfare
(c) through eminent domaine
(d) through inheritance
4. What is Michelangelo's response when his father tells him he cannot afford to have pride?
(a) I still have some money in my pruse
(b) pride is all I have left
(c) I'm not proud, I'm hungry
(d) I have my name
5. What is one thing Michelangelo is thrilled that he can do?
(a) sleep until noon
(b) see and talk to Contessina
(c) eat in the dinning room
(d) travel in the de Medici coach
Short Answer Questions
1. What is something Michelangelo learns from members of the academy?
2. What does Michelangelo learn the city fathers have sent behind Piero de Medici's back?
3. What does Michelangelo tell his brother about his art?
4. What does Michelangelo believe that Ghirlandaio disagrees with?
5. What does Michelangelo discover that he cannot do?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)