|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After a hard winter, where does Michelangelo's friend Granacci take him?
(a) to Venice
(b) to a sculpture garden
(c) to a museum
(d) to an art festival
2. How does Michelangelo feel about painting frescoes?
(a) he is thrilled to be doing them
(b) he feels he is learning a lot
(c) he does not like doing them
(d) he thinks they are difficult to do
3. Displeased with Piero de Medici, what are the people of Florence more inclined to listen to?
(a) Savonarola's sermons about the excesses of evil
(b) Savonarola's sermons praising Piero de Medici
(c) proposals for annexing Florence to France
(d) speakers promoting a democratic government
4. What is Lodovico unable to do when Michelangelo is given the privilege of living in the de Medici household?
(a) refuse Lorenzo de Medici
(b) stand up
(c) believe his ears
(d) utter a word
5. What does Michelangelo insist painting draped figures allows the artist to do?
(a) have less trouble with textures
(b) ignore the shape and features of the body
(c) work faster to finsh a painting
(d) put emphasis on color over form
Short Answer Questions
1. Who operates the sculpture garden?
2. What does Michelangelo carve surreptitiously?
3. For whom does Michelangelo offer to carve something?
4. Who asks for two of Ghirlandaio's students to study at his new Medici school?
5. How does Michelangelo learn anatomy at the charity hospital of Santo Spirito?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)