|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Michelangelo feel about painting frescoes?
(a) he thinks they are difficult to do
(b) he feels he is learning a lot
(c) he is thrilled to be doing them
(d) he does not like doing them
2. Who wants to bring down the papacy and return Italy to the simple, stark, religious ways of his own beliefs?
(b) Lorenzo de Medici
(c) Lodovico Buonarroti
(d) Leonardo da Vinci
3. What is the first of Michelangelo's problems if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
(a) Ghirlandaio's attitude toward sculpture
(b) the attitude of his father
(c) two years left as an apprentice for Ghirlandaio
(d) money to buy sculpting tools
4. After one year, what is Michelangelo allowed to paint?
(a) still lifes
(b) practice canvases
(d) small portraits
5. What is Michelangelo's response when his father tells him he cannot afford to have pride?
(a) I still have some money in my pruse
(b) I have my name
(c) pride is all I have left
(d) I'm not proud, I'm hungry
Short Answer Questions
1. As Michelangelo progresses, what does he learn about life?
2. What does Michelangelo discover that he cannot do?
3. Eventually, what does Lodovico hope for that will help his family?
4. What are the people of Florence not happy about?
5. What does Savonarola preach about the de Medici family?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)