|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Torrigiani do to Michelangelo that causes him to flee the palace?
(a) breaks Michelangelo's arm
(b) breaks Michelangelo's sculpture
(c) breaks Michelangelo's tools
(d) breaks Michelangelo's nose
2. How does Michelangelo feel about painting frescoes?
(a) he is thrilled to be doing them
(b) he feels he is learning a lot
(c) he thinks they are difficult to do
(d) he does not like doing them
3. What does Lodovico think sculptors are?
(a) potentially wealthy men
(b) little more than being stonecutters
(c) grand artists
(d) contributors to society
4. What is Michelangelo allowed to do for his painting of a neophyte for the Baptism of John panel?
(a) work with two other apprentices
(b) bring in a nude model
(c) redesign the panel
(d) paint with close supervision
5. How does Charles VIII of France want to claim the Kingdom of Naples?
(a) through eminent domaine
(b) through treaty
(c) through inheritance
(d) through warfare
Short Answer Questions
1. At the palace de Medici, with whom does Michelangelo share quarters?
2. What does Michelangelo discover his father believes about Lorenzo de Medici?
3. Who is the young Contessina de Medici that Michelangelo sees in the sculpture garden?
4. If caught in his nighttime study of anatomy, what might the Church do to him?
5. After a hard winter, where does Michelangelo's friend Granacci take him?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)