|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michelangelo tell his brother about his art?
(a) that it is his life
(b) that it is progressing
(c) that it is all he knows
(d) that it is holy
2. What do the members of the elite academy discuss and learn about?
(a) political, literary, music and philosophical ideas
(b) science, exploration, and evolution
(c) history, religion, and horticulture
(d) art, history, and geography
3. Who is Cardinal Riario di San Giorgio looking for?
(a) Signor Aldovrandi
(b) the man who had sculpted a cupid he owns
(c) Charles VIII of France
(d) the sculptor Dell'Arca
4. Where is the Contessina sent as she nears marriageable age?
(a) to live with the Ridolfi
(b) to a convent
(c) to live in Rome
(d) to school in Milan
5. For his first year as an apprentice, how is Michelangelo treated?
(a) as a boy to make the daily coffee
(b) as though he were not there
(c) as a messenger boy
(d) as if he knows nothing about art
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Michelangelo set himself apart at the Guild Hall of Signor Ghirlandaio?
2. who brings Michelangelo to Ghirlandaio?
3. What does Savonarola preach about the de Medici family?
4. What does Lodovico initially refuse to give his son?
5. How does Charles VIII of France want to claim the Kingdom of Naples?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)