|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michelangelo learn the city fathers have sent behind Piero de Medici's back?
(a) a warrant for Piero's arrest
(b) letters to the Pope
(c) a request for mercenaries from Germany
(d) a delegation to Charles VIII
2. What does Michelangelo discover that he cannot do?
(a) speak French
(b) form ideas of his own
(c) work in three dimensions
(d) replicate Bertoldo's style
3. What does Michelangelo recognize he must do to keep his father from taking him away?
(a) bring home good reports
(b) start working in marble
(c) earn some money
(d) stay out of his father's sight
4. Where is the thirteen-year-old Michelangelo taken in March of 1488?
(a) to see the Pope in Rome
(b) the Guild Hall of Signor Ghirlandaio
(c) to the home of the Tropolinos
(d) the Medici Palace
5. At the palace de Medici, with whom does Michelangelo share quarters?
(a) Donato Donatello
(b) Bertoldo, the sculpture master
(c) Francesco Granacci
(d) Pietro Torrigiani
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michelangelo carve surreptitiously?
2. Eventually, what does Lodovico hope for that will help his family?
3. What does Lodovico think sculptors are?
4. What is Michelangelo allowed to do for his painting of a neophyte for the Baptism of John panel?
5. What does Granacci tell Michelangelo that Ghirlandaio is willing to do?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)