|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the members of the elite academy discuss and learn about?
(a) science, exploration, and evolution
(b) art, history, and geography
(c) political, literary, music and philosophical ideas
(d) history, religion, and horticulture
2. After one year, what is Michelangelo allowed to paint?
(a) practice canvases
(b) small portraits
(c) still lifes
3. What does Michelangelo carve surreptitiously?
(a) a lion
(b) a face
(c) a faun
(d) a cat
4. What is the first of Michelangelo's problems if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
(a) money to buy sculpting tools
(b) Ghirlandaio's attitude toward sculpture
(c) two years left as an apprentice for Ghirlandaio
(d) the attitude of his father
5. What does Ghirlandaio want Michelangelo to do?
(a) develop his own style in his own way
(b) stop playing and go to work
(c) learn how to copy him
(d) see how little talent he has
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing Michelangelo is thrilled that he can do?
2. What does Michelangelo discover that he cannot do?
3. How does Michelangelo learn anatomy at the charity hospital of Santo Spirito?
4. who brings Michelangelo to Ghirlandaio?
5. What does Piero de Medici want Michelangelo to carve for the birthday of his son, Giuliano?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)