|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Piero de Medici want Michelangelo to carve for the birthday of his son, Giuliano?
(a) a cupid
(b) a snowman
(c) a set of small soldiers
(d) a bed
2. What does Michelangelo tell his brother about his art?
(a) that it is all he knows
(b) that it is holy
(c) that it is progressing
(d) that it is his life
3. What does Granacci tell Michelangelo that Ghirlandaio is willing to do?
(a) accept him back as an apprentice
(b) find him another patron
(c) bring him back as a teacher of sculpture
(d) sponsor him as a sculptor
4. Who operates the sculpture garden?
(d) da Vinci
5. Who is Cardinal Riario di San Giorgio looking for?
(a) Signor Aldovrandi
(b) Charles VIII of France
(c) the man who had sculpted a cupid he owns
(d) the sculptor Dell'Arca
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Savonarola believe art is?
2. What is something Michelangelo learns from members of the academy?
3. What elite group is Michelangelo invited to join?
4. How do Michelangelo and Granacci reckon Lodovico will not be harsh when he learns his son is going to de Medici?
5. What does Michelangelo insist painting draped figures allows the artist to do?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)