|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For his first year as an apprentice, how is Michelangelo treated?
(a) as though he were not there
(b) as a boy to make the daily coffee
(c) as if he knows nothing about art
(d) as a messenger boy
2. What is the first of Michelangelo's problems if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
(a) money to buy sculpting tools
(b) the attitude of his father
(c) two years left as an apprentice for Ghirlandaio
(d) Ghirlandaio's attitude toward sculpture
3. At the palace de Medici, with whom does Michelangelo share quarters?
(a) Bertoldo, the sculpture master
(b) Francesco Granacci
(c) Donato Donatello
(d) Pietro Torrigiani
4. How do Michelangelo and Granacci reckon Lodovico will not be harsh when he learns his son is going to de Medici?
(a) if he hears the name de Medici
(b) if Michelangelo promises to give him his money
(c) if his step mother is in the room
(d) if Granacci is present
5. Who comes and sees the sculpture Michelangelo did?
(c) Contessina de Medici
Short Answer Questions
1. As a second problem, what must Michelangelo have if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
2. who brings Michelangelo to Ghirlandaio?
3. What does Michelangelo discover his father believes about Lorenzo de Medici?
4. What does Savonarola believe art is?
5. Who can Michelangelo not rely on to pay his apprentice fees?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)