|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Savonarola preach about the de Medici family?
(a) they are rich and should give to the poor
(b) they are holy and should be revered
(c) they are evil and should be destroyed
(d) they are his strong supporters
2. After a hard winter, where does Michelangelo's friend Granacci take him?
(a) to an art festival
(b) to a sculpture garden
(c) to Venice
(d) to a museum
3. who brings Michelangelo to Ghirlandaio?
(a) Lodovico Buonarroti
(b) Lorenzo de Medici
(c) Francesco Granacci
4. What does Lodovico initially refuse to give his son?
(a) permission to attend the de Medici school
(b) new clothes fitting for the Medici palace
(c) money to live on
(d) the new equipment he will need
5. What is Ghirlandaio reluctant to do?
(a) keep Michaelangelo as a student
(b) release his student
(c) cater to the Medici family
(d) continue Michaelangelo's stipend
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the members of the elite academy discuss and learn about?
2. Who can Michelangelo not rely on to pay his apprentice fees?
3. What does Bertoldo, the sculptor master, give Michelangelo?
4. What is Lodovico unable to do when Michelangelo is given the privilege of living in the de Medici household?
5. What is the first of Michelangelo's problems if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)