|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Torrigiani do to Michelangelo that causes him to flee the palace?
(a) breaks Michelangelo's nose
(b) breaks Michelangelo's sculpture
(c) breaks Michelangelo's tools
(d) breaks Michelangelo's arm
2. What does Ghirlandaio want Michelangelo to do?
(a) develop his own style in his own way
(b) stop playing and go to work
(c) see how little talent he has
(d) learn how to copy him
3. For his first year as an apprentice, how is Michelangelo treated?
(a) as though he were not there
(b) as a boy to make the daily coffee
(c) as if he knows nothing about art
(d) as a messenger boy
4. What is Lodovico unable to do when Michelangelo is given the privilege of living in the de Medici household?
(a) believe his ears
(b) stand up
(c) refuse Lorenzo de Medici
(d) utter a word
5. What does Michelangelo believe that Ghirlandaio disagrees with?
(a) that humans should never be painted nude
(b) that painting is a waste of time
(c) that art is a useless occupation
(d) that sculpture is the greatest art form
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the thirteen-year-old Michelangelo taken in March of 1488?
2. As a second problem, what must Michelangelo have if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
3. What does Savonarola preach about the de Medici family?
4. How does Michelangelo feel about painting frescoes?
5. Where is the Contessina sent as she nears marriageable age?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)