|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the young Contessina de Medici that Michelangelo sees in the sculpture garden?
(a) the youngest daughter of Lorenzo
(b) the wife of Lorenzo
(c) the eldest daughter of Lorenzo
(d) the mother of Lorenzo
2. What does Michelangelo's brother, Lionardo, believe his brother has become?
(a) overly educated in the arts
(b) absent minded and useless
(c) corrupted by power and money
(d) subservient and docile
3. What is Ghirlandaio reluctant to do?
(a) continue Michaelangelo's stipend
(b) cater to the Medici family
(c) release his student
(d) keep Michaelangelo as a student
4. What is Michelangelo expected to learn about?
(a) dress, manners, life, and art
(b) charging for his work
(c) marble quarrying
(d) keeping a journal
5. After one year, what is Michelangelo allowed to paint?
(a) small portraits
(b) practice canvases
(c) still lifes
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Michelangelo set himself apart at the Guild Hall of Signor Ghirlandaio?
2. Where is the Contessina sent as she nears marriageable age?
3. What does Michelangelo carve surreptitiously?
4. To whom does the sculpture garden belong?
5. What does Michelangelo refuse to do for Piero de Medici?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)