|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes and sees the sculpture Michelangelo did?
(d) Contessina de Medici
2. What do the members of the elite academy discuss and learn about?
(a) history, religion, and horticulture
(b) political, literary, music and philosophical ideas
(c) science, exploration, and evolution
(d) art, history, and geography
3. What does Savonarola believe art is?
(a) a gift from God
(b) blasphemous and ungodly
(c) godly and uplifting
(d) neither good nor bad
4. What does Michelangelo recognize he must do to keep his father from taking him away?
(a) stay out of his father's sight
(b) bring home good reports
(c) earn some money
(d) start working in marble
5. As a second problem, what must Michelangelo have if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
(a) knowledge of the basics of sculpture
(b) an invitation from Bertoldo or one of the de Medicis
(c) previous art recognition
(d) ten thousand florins
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing Michelangelo is thrilled that he can do?
2. What is Michelangelo allowed to do for his painting of a neophyte for the Baptism of John panel?
3. Why does Michelangelo compare his work with files borrowed from Ghirlandaio?
4. What does Ghirlandaio want Michelangelo to do?
5. What does Michelangelo get Ghirlandaio to do for him?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)