|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michelangelo insist painting draped figures allows the artist to do?
(a) ignore the shape and features of the body
(b) put emphasis on color over form
(c) work faster to finsh a painting
(d) have less trouble with textures
2. What elite group is Michelangelo invited to join?
(a) The Florence Arts Guild
(b) The Neo Lyceum
(c) The Bishop's Study Group
(d) The Plato Academy
3. What is Ghirlandaio reluctant to do?
(a) continue Michaelangelo's stipend
(b) release his student
(c) cater to the Medici family
(d) keep Michaelangelo as a student
4. After a hard winter, where does Michelangelo's friend Granacci take him?
(a) to Venice
(b) to a sculpture garden
(c) to a museum
(d) to an art festival
5. While working on the panels, what is Michelangelo dreaming about?
(a) making his name in the art world
(b) the sculpture garden
(c) finding models
(d) opening his own studio
Short Answer Questions
1. What is something Michelangelo learns from members of the academy?
2. Why does Michelangelo compare his work with files borrowed from Ghirlandaio?
3. What does Torrigiani do to Michelangelo that causes him to flee the palace?
4. How does Michelangelo feel about painting frescoes?
5. What does Michelangelo's brother, Lionardo, believe his brother has become?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)