|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michelangelo insist painting draped figures allows the artist to do?
(a) put emphasis on color over form
(b) work faster to finsh a painting
(c) ignore the shape and features of the body
(d) have less trouble with textures
2. As Michelangelo progresses, what does he learn about life?
(a) the kindness of strangers
(b) the value of personal ethics
(c) the effects of poverty
(d) the jealousy of others
3. What does Michelangelo discover that he cannot do?
(a) work in three dimensions
(b) speak French
(c) replicate Bertoldo's style
(d) form ideas of his own
4. What does Michelangelo refuse to do for Piero de Medici?
(a) escort his wife
(b) carve a bust of his wife
(c) design jewelry for his wife
(d) paint a portrait of his wife
5. At the palace de Medici, with whom does Michelangelo share quarters?
(a) Donato Donatello
(b) Pietro Torrigiani
(c) Francesco Granacci
(d) Bertoldo, the sculpture master
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michelangelo recognize he must do to keep his father from taking him away?
2. What does Bertoldo, the sculptor master, give Michelangelo?
3. After a hard winter, where does Michelangelo's friend Granacci take him?
4. How is Pietro Torrigiani described?
5. As a second problem, what must Michelangelo have if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)