|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Michelangelo progresses, what does he learn about life?
(a) the value of personal ethics
(b) the kindness of strangers
(c) the jealousy of others
(d) the effects of poverty
2. What does Torrigiani do to Michelangelo that causes him to flee the palace?
(a) breaks Michelangelo's tools
(b) breaks Michelangelo's arm
(c) breaks Michelangelo's nose
(d) breaks Michelangelo's sculpture
3. What does Savonarola preach about the de Medici family?
(a) they are his strong supporters
(b) they are evil and should be destroyed
(c) they are rich and should give to the poor
(d) they are holy and should be revered
4. What is Lodovico unable to do when Michelangelo is given the privilege of living in the de Medici household?
(a) believe his ears
(b) refuse Lorenzo de Medici
(c) stand up
(d) utter a word
5. At the palace de Medici, with whom does Michelangelo share quarters?
(a) Pietro Torrigiani
(b) Francesco Granacci
(c) Bertoldo, the sculpture master
(d) Donato Donatello
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michelangelo insist painting draped figures allows the artist to do?
2. Who asks for two of Ghirlandaio's students to study at his new Medici school?
3. Why does Michelangelo compare his work with files borrowed from Ghirlandaio?
4. What does Michelangelo discover that he cannot do?
5. What does Bertoldo, the sculptor master, give Michelangelo?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)