|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Michelangelo worried about before going to the Medici school?
(a) where to get his supplies
(b) how to tell his father
(c) how to dress
(d) at what hour to arrive
2. What is the first of Michelangelo's problems if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
(a) the attitude of his father
(b) money to buy sculpting tools
(c) two years left as an apprentice for Ghirlandaio
(d) Ghirlandaio's attitude toward sculpture
3. After one year, what is Michelangelo allowed to paint?
(a) small portraits
(b) still lifes
(c) practice canvases
4. What does Michelangelo discover that he cannot do?
(a) replicate Bertoldo's style
(b) work in three dimensions
(c) speak French
(d) form ideas of his own
5. To whom does the sculpture garden belong?
(b) the Tropolinos
(c) Lorenzo de Medici
(d) Lodovico Buonarroti
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Savonarola preach about the de Medici family?
2. How does Michelangelo spend a lot of his free time near the sculpture garden?
3. What does Michelangelo refuse to do for Piero de Medici?
4. At the palace de Medici, with whom does Michelangelo share quarters?
5. While working on the panels, what is Michelangelo dreaming about?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)