|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michelangelo recognize he must do to keep his father from taking him away?
(a) stay out of his father's sight
(b) earn some money
(c) start working in marble
(d) bring home good reports
2. What does Michelangelo tell his brother about his art?
(a) that it is holy
(b) that it is all he knows
(c) that it is progressing
(d) that it is his life
3. What does Ghirlandaio want Michelangelo to do?
(a) stop playing and go to work
(b) see how little talent he has
(c) learn how to copy him
(d) develop his own style in his own way
4. What is Michelangelo worried about before going to the Medici school?
(a) how to dress
(b) at what hour to arrive
(c) where to get his supplies
(d) how to tell his father
5. As a second problem, what must Michelangelo have if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
(a) knowledge of the basics of sculpture
(b) an invitation from Bertoldo or one of the de Medicis
(c) previous art recognition
(d) ten thousand florins
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michelangelo discover his father believes about Lorenzo de Medici?
2. What does Michelangelo carve surreptitiously?
3. Where is the thirteen-year-old Michelangelo taken in March of 1488?
4. Who can Michelangelo not rely on to pay his apprentice fees?
5. Who is to go to the Medici school along with Michelangelo?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)