|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michelangelo discover that he cannot do?
(a) replicate Bertoldo's style
(b) work in three dimensions
(c) form ideas of his own
(d) speak French
2. What is Michelangelo allowed to do for his painting of a neophyte for the Baptism of John panel?
(a) paint with close supervision
(b) bring in a nude model
(c) redesign the panel
(d) work with two other apprentices
3. What is something Michelangelo learns from members of the academy?
(a) elocution and ethics
(b) music and dancing
(c) literature and the value of writing poetry
(d) accounting and the importance of politics
4. What does Lodovico think sculptors are?
(a) potentially wealthy men
(b) little more than being stonecutters
(c) contributors to society
(d) grand artists
5. What is Lodovico unable to do when Michelangelo is given the privilege of living in the de Medici household?
(a) utter a word
(b) refuse Lorenzo de Medici
(c) believe his ears
(d) stand up
Short Answer Questions
1. Eventually, what does Lodovico hope for that will help his family?
2. What elite group is Michelangelo invited to join?
3. To whom does the sculpture garden belong?
4. What does Torrigiani do to Michelangelo that causes him to flee the palace?
5. What does Michelangelo believe that Ghirlandaio disagrees with?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)