|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a second problem, what must Michelangelo have if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
(a) an invitation from Bertoldo or one of the de Medicis
(b) previous art recognition
(c) knowledge of the basics of sculpture
(d) ten thousand florins
2. who brings Michelangelo to Ghirlandaio?
(a) Francesco Granacci
(b) Lodovico Buonarroti
(c) Lorenzo de Medici
3. What does Savonarola preach about the de Medici family?
(a) they are rich and should give to the poor
(b) they are holy and should be revered
(c) they are evil and should be destroyed
(d) they are his strong supporters
4. Who operates the sculpture garden?
(b) da Vinci
5. What does Michelangelo recognize he must do to keep his father from taking him away?
(a) bring home good reports
(b) stay out of his father's sight
(c) earn some money
(d) start working in marble
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michelangelo insist painting draped figures allows the artist to do?
2. After one year, what is Michelangelo allowed to paint?
3. Eventually, what does Lodovico hope for that will help his family?
4. What does Ghirlandaio want Michelangelo to do?
5. Who is Il Magnifico?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)