|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For his first year as an apprentice, how is Michelangelo treated?
(a) as a boy to make the daily coffee
(b) as though he were not there
(c) as if he knows nothing about art
(d) as a messenger boy
2. What is Michelangelo worried about before going to the Medici school?
(a) where to get his supplies
(b) how to dress
(c) how to tell his father
(d) at what hour to arrive
3. What does Michelangelo carve surreptitiously?
(a) a faun
(b) a face
(c) a cat
(d) a lion
4. What is Ghirlandaio reluctant to do?
(a) release his student
(b) keep Michaelangelo as a student
(c) continue Michaelangelo's stipend
(d) cater to the Medici family
5. Eventually, what does Lodovico hope for that will help his family?
(a) his son's becoming famous
(b) a new position in Milan
(c) Michelangelo will change his mind
(d) connections to de Medici
Short Answer Questions
1. As a second problem, what must Michelangelo have if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
2. What does Michelangelo discover his father believes about Lorenzo de Medici?
3. At the palace de Medici, with whom does Michelangelo share quarters?
4. Who is the young Contessina de Medici that Michelangelo sees in the sculpture garden?
5. What is Michelangelo's conclusion about his looks after the broken nose?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)