|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Michelangelo and Granacci reckon Lodovico will not be harsh when he learns his son is going to de Medici?
(a) if Granacci is present
(b) if he hears the name de Medici
(c) if Michelangelo promises to give him his money
(d) if his step mother is in the room
2. What is one thing Michelangelo is thrilled that he can do?
(a) eat in the dinning room
(b) see and talk to Contessina
(c) sleep until noon
(d) travel in the de Medici coach
3. What is Michelangelo allowed to do for his painting of a neophyte for the Baptism of John panel?
(a) work with two other apprentices
(b) bring in a nude model
(c) paint with close supervision
(d) redesign the panel
4. What is Lodovico unable to do when Michelangelo is given the privilege of living in the de Medici household?
(a) utter a word
(b) stand up
(c) believe his ears
(d) refuse Lorenzo de Medici
5. What does Michelangelo believe that Ghirlandaio disagrees with?
(a) that sculpture is the greatest art form
(b) that art is a useless occupation
(c) that painting is a waste of time
(d) that humans should never be painted nude
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the young Contessina de Medici that Michelangelo sees in the sculpture garden?
2. What is Michelangelo's conclusion about his looks after the broken nose?
3. Why does Michelangelo compare his work with files borrowed from Ghirlandaio?
4. What does Michelangelo discover that he cannot do?
5. What does Bertoldo, the sculptor master, give Michelangelo?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)