|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michelangelo discover that he cannot do?
(a) speak French
(b) work in three dimensions
(c) form ideas of his own
(d) replicate Bertoldo's style
2. After a hard winter, where does Michelangelo's friend Granacci take him?
(a) to an art festival
(b) to Venice
(c) to a museum
(d) to a sculpture garden
3. What does Michelangelo's brother, Lionardo, believe his brother has become?
(a) overly educated in the arts
(b) corrupted by power and money
(c) absent minded and useless
(d) subservient and docile
4. How does Michelangelo set himself apart at the Guild Hall of Signor Ghirlandaio?
(a) with his talents and beliefs
(b) with the poorness of his clothes
(c) with his anti-social behavior
(d) with his long hours of study
5. What does Michelangelo insist painting draped figures allows the artist to do?
(a) have less trouble with textures
(b) ignore the shape and features of the body
(c) work faster to finsh a painting
(d) put emphasis on color over form
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Il Magnifico?
2. At the palace de Medici, with whom does Michelangelo share quarters?
3. How does Michelangelo feel about painting frescoes?
4. What does Bertoldo, the sculptor master, give Michelangelo?
5. What is Ghirlandaio reluctant to do?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)