|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Savonarola believe art is?
(a) neither good nor bad
(b) a gift from God
(c) godly and uplifting
(d) blasphemous and ungodly
2. What does Michelangelo insist painting draped figures allows the artist to do?
(a) have less trouble with textures
(b) put emphasis on color over form
(c) ignore the shape and features of the body
(d) work faster to finsh a painting
3. What elite group is Michelangelo invited to join?
(a) The Bishop's Study Group
(b) The Florence Arts Guild
(c) The Neo Lyceum
(d) The Plato Academy
4. What is Ghirlandaio reluctant to do?
(a) release his student
(b) cater to the Medici family
(c) keep Michaelangelo as a student
(d) continue Michaelangelo's stipend
5. What does Torrigiani do to Michelangelo that causes him to flee the palace?
(a) breaks Michelangelo's sculpture
(b) breaks Michelangelo's nose
(c) breaks Michelangelo's tools
(d) breaks Michelangelo's arm
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Michelangelo worried about before going to the Medici school?
2. As a second problem, what must Michelangelo have if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
3. While working on the panels, what is Michelangelo dreaming about?
4. What does Bertoldo, the sculptor master, give Michelangelo?
5. Who is Il Magnifico?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)