|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Michelangelo set himself apart at the Guild Hall of Signor Ghirlandaio?
(a) with the poorness of his clothes
(b) with his long hours of study
(c) with his talents and beliefs
(d) with his anti-social behavior
2. What is Michelangelo's conclusion about his looks after the broken nose?
(a) it is something he cannot change
(b) now he is handsome
(c) it makes him look eccentric
(d) his work must conceal his looks
3. What is the first of Michelangelo's problems if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
(a) the attitude of his father
(b) money to buy sculpting tools
(c) Ghirlandaio's attitude toward sculpture
(d) two years left as an apprentice for Ghirlandaio
4. Who is the young Contessina de Medici that Michelangelo sees in the sculpture garden?
(a) the wife of Lorenzo
(b) the eldest daughter of Lorenzo
(c) the mother of Lorenzo
(d) the youngest daughter of Lorenzo
5. Why does Michelangelo compare his work with files borrowed from Ghirlandaio?
(a) to see how much better he is
(b) to find a patron
(c) to learn from his own mistakes
(d) to learn how to keep files
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks for two of Ghirlandaio's students to study at his new Medici school?
2. For his first year as an apprentice, how is Michelangelo treated?
3. After one year, what is Michelangelo allowed to paint?
4. What is one thing Michelangelo is thrilled that he can do?
5. Who wants to bring down the papacy and return Italy to the simple, stark, religious ways of his own beliefs?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)