|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Michelangelo set himself apart at the Guild Hall of Signor Ghirlandaio?
(a) with the poorness of his clothes
(b) with his anti-social behavior
(c) with his long hours of study
(d) with his talents and beliefs
2. What is Lodovico unable to do when Michelangelo is given the privilege of living in the de Medici household?
(a) believe his ears
(b) utter a word
(c) refuse Lorenzo de Medici
(d) stand up
3. How do Michelangelo and Granacci reckon Lodovico will not be harsh when he learns his son is going to de Medici?
(a) if his step mother is in the room
(b) if he hears the name de Medici
(c) if Michelangelo promises to give him his money
(d) if Granacci is present
4. Where is the Contessina sent as she nears marriageable age?
(a) to school in Milan
(b) to live with the Ridolfi
(c) to live in Rome
(d) to a convent
5. What does Torrigiani do to Michelangelo that causes him to flee the palace?
(a) breaks Michelangelo's nose
(b) breaks Michelangelo's tools
(c) breaks Michelangelo's sculpture
(d) breaks Michelangelo's arm
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Pietro Torrigiani described?
2. What is the first of Michelangelo's problems if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
3. What does Bertoldo, the sculptor master, give Michelangelo?
4. What does Michelangelo tell his brother about his art?
5. What is Michelangelo allowed to do for his painting of a neophyte for the Baptism of John panel?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)