|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michelangelo recognize he must do to keep his father from taking him away?
(a) bring home good reports
(b) start working in marble
(c) stay out of his father's sight
(d) earn some money
2. For his first year as an apprentice, how is Michelangelo treated?
(a) as a boy to make the daily coffee
(b) as a messenger boy
(c) as though he were not there
(d) as if he knows nothing about art
3. At the palace de Medici, with whom does Michelangelo share quarters?
(a) Bertoldo, the sculpture master
(b) Donato Donatello
(c) Francesco Granacci
(d) Pietro Torrigiani
4. Where is the thirteen-year-old Michelangelo taken in March of 1488?
(a) to see the Pope in Rome
(b) the Medici Palace
(c) to the home of the Tropolinos
(d) the Guild Hall of Signor Ghirlandaio
5. who brings Michelangelo to Ghirlandaio?
(a) Lodovico Buonarroti
(b) Lorenzo de Medici
(d) Francesco Granacci
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Il Magnifico?
2. What is one thing Michelangelo is thrilled that he can do?
3. What does Michelangelo carve surreptitiously?
4. What elite group is Michelangelo invited to join?
5. What is Ghirlandaio reluctant to do?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)