|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michelangelo insist painting draped figures allows the artist to do?
(a) ignore the shape and features of the body
(b) put emphasis on color over form
(c) have less trouble with textures
(d) work faster to finsh a painting
2. As a second problem, what must Michelangelo have if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
(a) ten thousand florins
(b) previous art recognition
(c) knowledge of the basics of sculpture
(d) an invitation from Bertoldo or one of the de Medicis
3. Who can Michelangelo not rely on to pay his apprentice fees?
(a) his friends, the Tropolinos
(b) his friend, Francesco
(c) his father, Lodovico
(d) his patron, Lorenzo
4. What does Ghirlandaio want Michelangelo to do?
(a) learn how to copy him
(b) see how little talent he has
(c) develop his own style in his own way
(d) stop playing and go to work
5. who brings Michelangelo to Ghirlandaio?
(a) Lodovico Buonarroti
(b) Lorenzo de Medici
(d) Francesco Granacci
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michelangelo get Ghirlandaio to do for him?
2. What is Michelangelo allowed to do for his painting of a neophyte for the Baptism of John panel?
3. For his first year as an apprentice, how is Michelangelo treated?
4. What is Lodovico unable to do when Michelangelo is given the privilege of living in the de Medici household?
5. What is Michelangelo worried about before going to the Medici school?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)