|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michelangelo recognize he must do to keep his father from taking him away?
(a) start working in marble
(b) bring home good reports
(c) earn some money
(d) stay out of his father's sight
2. What does Michelangelo get Ghirlandaio to do for him?
(a) allow him to paint his own designs
(b) pay him a stipend to study there
(c) give him a good recommendation
(d) buy all of his art supplies
3. Who asks for two of Ghirlandaio's students to study at his new Medici school?
(b) Il Magnifico
4. To whom does the sculpture garden belong?
(a) Lodovico Buonarroti
(c) Lorenzo de Medici
(d) the Tropolinos
5. What does Lodovico think sculptors are?
(a) little more than being stonecutters
(b) contributors to society
(c) potentially wealthy men
(d) grand artists
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first of Michelangelo's problems if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
2. For his first year as an apprentice, how is Michelangelo treated?
3. What does Michelangelo carve surreptitiously?
4. While working on the panels, what is Michelangelo dreaming about?
5. What does Michelangelo believe that Ghirlandaio disagrees with?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)