|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. who brings Michelangelo to Ghirlandaio?
(a) Lodovico Buonarroti
(c) Francesco Granacci
(d) Lorenzo de Medici
2. What does Lodovico think sculptors are?
(a) contributors to society
(b) grand artists
(c) little more than being stonecutters
(d) potentially wealthy men
3. While working on the panels, what is Michelangelo dreaming about?
(a) opening his own studio
(b) the sculpture garden
(c) finding models
(d) making his name in the art world
4. Why does Michelangelo compare his work with files borrowed from Ghirlandaio?
(a) to see how much better he is
(b) to learn from his own mistakes
(c) to learn how to keep files
(d) to find a patron
5. Who is Il Magnifico?
(a) Domenico Ghirlandaio
(b) Lorenzo de Medici
(c) Pope Julius II
(d) the Doge of Milan
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bertoldo, the sculptor master, give Michelangelo?
2. Who can Michelangelo not rely on to pay his apprentice fees?
3. Where is the thirteen-year-old Michelangelo taken in March of 1488?
4. What is Lodovico unable to do when Michelangelo is given the privilege of living in the de Medici household?
5. What does Lodovico initially refuse to give his son?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)