|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After a hard winter, where does Michelangelo's friend Granacci take him?
(a) to a museum
(b) to a sculpture garden
(c) to an art festival
(d) to Venice
2. Why does Michelangelo compare his work with files borrowed from Ghirlandaio?
(a) to learn from his own mistakes
(b) to learn how to keep files
(c) to see how much better he is
(d) to find a patron
3. Who is to go to the Medici school along with Michelangelo?
4. What does Michelangelo insist painting draped figures allows the artist to do?
(a) ignore the shape and features of the body
(b) work faster to finsh a painting
(c) have less trouble with textures
(d) put emphasis on color over form
5. What does Lodovico initially refuse to give his son?
(a) the new equipment he will need
(b) money to live on
(c) permission to attend the de Medici school
(d) new clothes fitting for the Medici palace
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks for two of Ghirlandaio's students to study at his new Medici school?
2. What is Ghirlandaio reluctant to do?
3. How does Michelangelo feel about painting frescoes?
4. Eventually, what does Lodovico hope for that will help his family?
5. How is Pietro Torrigiani described?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)