|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does the sculpture garden belong?
(a) the Tropolinos
(c) Lorenzo de Medici
(d) Lodovico Buonarroti
2. As a second problem, what must Michelangelo have if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
(a) knowledge of the basics of sculpture
(b) ten thousand florins
(c) previous art recognition
(d) an invitation from Bertoldo or one of the de Medicis
3. After a hard winter, where does Michelangelo's friend Granacci take him?
(a) to a museum
(b) to Venice
(c) to an art festival
(d) to a sculpture garden
4. What does Ghirlandaio want Michelangelo to do?
(a) stop playing and go to work
(b) see how little talent he has
(c) learn how to copy him
(d) develop his own style in his own way
5. What is Michelangelo worried about before going to the Medici school?
(a) where to get his supplies
(b) how to dress
(c) at what hour to arrive
(d) how to tell his father
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first of Michelangelo's problems if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
2. How does Michelangelo feel about painting frescoes?
3. What does Bertoldo, the sculptor master, give Michelangelo?
4. How do Michelangelo and Granacci reckon Lodovico will not be harsh when he learns his son is going to de Medici?
5. What is Michelangelo allowed to do for his painting of a neophyte for the Baptism of John panel?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)