|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lodovico think sculptors are?
(a) potentially wealthy men
(b) little more than being stonecutters
(c) grand artists
(d) contributors to society
2. Who can Michelangelo not rely on to pay his apprentice fees?
(a) his friend, Francesco
(b) his patron, Lorenzo
(c) his friends, the Tropolinos
(d) his father, Lodovico
3. What does Lodovico initially refuse to give his son?
(a) new clothes fitting for the Medici palace
(b) permission to attend the de Medici school
(c) money to live on
(d) the new equipment he will need
4. Eventually, what does Lodovico hope for that will help his family?
(a) his son's becoming famous
(b) Michelangelo will change his mind
(c) connections to de Medici
(d) a new position in Milan
5. Why does Michelangelo compare his work with files borrowed from Ghirlandaio?
(a) to learn how to keep files
(b) to see how much better he is
(c) to learn from his own mistakes
(d) to find a patron
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Michelangelo feel about painting frescoes?
2. Where is the thirteen-year-old Michelangelo taken in March of 1488?
3. What is Ghirlandaio reluctant to do?
4. After a hard winter, where does Michelangelo's friend Granacci take him?
5. What does Michelangelo get Ghirlandaio to do for him?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)