|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After one year, what is Michelangelo allowed to paint?
(a) practice canvases
(c) still lifes
(d) small portraits
2. What does Michelangelo insist painting draped figures allows the artist to do?
(a) have less trouble with textures
(b) put emphasis on color over form
(c) work faster to finsh a painting
(d) ignore the shape and features of the body
3. How do Michelangelo and Granacci reckon Lodovico will not be harsh when he learns his son is going to de Medici?
(a) if Granacci is present
(b) if his step mother is in the room
(c) if he hears the name de Medici
(d) if Michelangelo promises to give him his money
4. As a second problem, what must Michelangelo have if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
(a) knowledge of the basics of sculpture
(b) previous art recognition
(c) ten thousand florins
(d) an invitation from Bertoldo or one of the de Medicis
5. Why does Michelangelo compare his work with files borrowed from Ghirlandaio?
(a) to learn how to keep files
(b) to learn from his own mistakes
(c) to find a patron
(d) to see how much better he is
Short Answer Questions
1. Who can Michelangelo not rely on to pay his apprentice fees?
2. What is Michelangelo allowed to do for his painting of a neophyte for the Baptism of John panel?
3. While working on the panels, what is Michelangelo dreaming about?
4. Who asks for two of Ghirlandaio's students to study at his new Medici school?
5. What does Lodovico think sculptors are?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)