|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Michelangelo compare his work with files borrowed from Ghirlandaio?
(a) to see how much better he is
(b) to find a patron
(c) to learn how to keep files
(d) to learn from his own mistakes
2. What does Michelangelo believe that Ghirlandaio disagrees with?
(a) that sculpture is the greatest art form
(b) that humans should never be painted nude
(c) that art is a useless occupation
(d) that painting is a waste of time
3. who brings Michelangelo to Ghirlandaio?
(a) Lodovico Buonarroti
(b) Francesco Granacci
(d) Lorenzo de Medici
4. What does Ghirlandaio want Michelangelo to do?
(a) stop playing and go to work
(b) develop his own style in his own way
(c) learn how to copy him
(d) see how little talent he has
5. Who is to go to the Medici school along with Michelangelo?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michelangelo carve surreptitiously?
2. What does Michelangelo recognize he must do to keep his father from taking him away?
3. How does Michelangelo feel about painting frescoes?
4. While working on the panels, what is Michelangelo dreaming about?
5. What does Lodovico initially refuse to give his son?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)