|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ghirlandaio want Michelangelo to do?
(a) learn how to copy him
(b) develop his own style in his own way
(c) see how little talent he has
(d) stop playing and go to work
2. What does Michelangelo recognize he must do to keep his father from taking him away?
(a) stay out of his father's sight
(b) start working in marble
(c) earn some money
(d) bring home good reports
3. Who operates the sculpture garden?
(b) da Vinci
4. Who is to go to the Medici school along with Michelangelo?
5. What does Lodovico initially refuse to give his son?
(a) new clothes fitting for the Medici palace
(b) the new equipment he will need
(c) money to live on
(d) permission to attend the de Medici school
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lodovico think sculptors are?
2. While working on the panels, what is Michelangelo dreaming about?
3. Eventually, what does Lodovico hope for that will help his family?
4. How does Michelangelo feel about painting frescoes?
5. What is Michelangelo allowed to do for his painting of a neophyte for the Baptism of John panel?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)