|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lodovico initially refuse to give his son?
(a) the new equipment he will need
(b) permission to attend the de Medici school
(c) new clothes fitting for the Medici palace
(d) money to live on
2. What does Michelangelo get Ghirlandaio to do for him?
(a) allow him to paint his own designs
(b) buy all of his art supplies
(c) pay him a stipend to study there
(d) give him a good recommendation
3. What does Michelangelo insist painting draped figures allows the artist to do?
(a) work faster to finsh a painting
(b) put emphasis on color over form
(c) have less trouble with textures
(d) ignore the shape and features of the body
4. As a second problem, what must Michelangelo have if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
(a) previous art recognition
(b) knowledge of the basics of sculpture
(c) ten thousand florins
(d) an invitation from Bertoldo or one of the de Medicis
5. Who asks for two of Ghirlandaio's students to study at his new Medici school?
(a) Il Magnifico
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Michelangelo and Granacci reckon Lodovico will not be harsh when he learns his son is going to de Medici?
2. What is Ghirlandaio reluctant to do?
3. Who is the young Contessina de Medici that Michelangelo sees in the sculpture garden?
4. How does Michelangelo spend a lot of his free time near the sculpture garden?
5. After one year, what is Michelangelo allowed to paint?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)