|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Pietro Torrigiani described?
(a) a deformed genius
(b) a short, fat hanger on
(c) a plain and untalented boy
(d) a well-built, handsome young man
2. What is Michelangelo worried about before going to the Medici school?
(a) how to tell his father
(b) at what hour to arrive
(c) how to dress
(d) where to get his supplies
3. What does Michelangelo believe that Ghirlandaio disagrees with?
(a) that painting is a waste of time
(b) that humans should never be painted nude
(c) that art is a useless occupation
(d) that sculpture is the greatest art form
4. What is Lodovico unable to do when Michelangelo is given the privilege of living in the de Medici household?
(a) refuse Lorenzo de Medici
(b) believe his ears
(c) stand up
(d) utter a word
5. After a hard winter, where does Michelangelo's friend Granacci take him?
(a) to Venice
(b) to a museum
(c) to an art festival
(d) to a sculpture garden
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Michelangelo feel about painting frescoes?
2. What does Lodovico initially refuse to give his son?
3. What does Bertoldo, the sculptor master, give Michelangelo?
4. For his first year as an apprentice, how is Michelangelo treated?
5. Who is Il Magnifico?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)