|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michelangelo believe that Ghirlandaio disagrees with?
(a) that art is a useless occupation
(b) that humans should never be painted nude
(c) that sculpture is the greatest art form
(d) that painting is a waste of time
2. How does Michelangelo spend a lot of his free time near the sculpture garden?
(a) sitting in a tree, looking over the wall
(b) putting out his paintings for sale
(c) standing outside the school's gates, watching
(d) waiting to see a de Medici coming
3. After one year, what is Michelangelo allowed to paint?
(a) still lifes
(b) small portraits
(d) practice canvases
4. How do Michelangelo and Granacci reckon Lodovico will not be harsh when he learns his son is going to de Medici?
(a) if he hears the name de Medici
(b) if his step mother is in the room
(c) if Granacci is present
(d) if Michelangelo promises to give him his money
5. Who comes and sees the sculpture Michelangelo did?
(a) Contessina de Medici
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michelangelo carve surreptitiously?
2. After a hard winter, where does Michelangelo's friend Granacci take him?
3. Who is to go to the Medici school along with Michelangelo?
4. What is the first of Michelangelo's problems if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
5. While working on the panels, what is Michelangelo dreaming about?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)