|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michelangelo recognize he must do to keep his father from taking him away?
(a) earn some money
(b) stay out of his father's sight
(c) bring home good reports
(d) start working in marble
2. What is the first of Michelangelo's problems if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
(a) Ghirlandaio's attitude toward sculpture
(b) the attitude of his father
(c) money to buy sculpting tools
(d) two years left as an apprentice for Ghirlandaio
3. After one year, what is Michelangelo allowed to paint?
(a) practice canvases
(c) small portraits
(d) still lifes
4. What is Lodovico unable to do when Michelangelo is given the privilege of living in the de Medici household?
(a) stand up
(b) utter a word
(c) believe his ears
(d) refuse Lorenzo de Medici
5. Where is the thirteen-year-old Michelangelo taken in March of 1488?
(a) the Medici Palace
(b) to the home of the Tropolinos
(c) the Guild Hall of Signor Ghirlandaio
(d) to see the Pope in Rome
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michelangelo insist painting draped figures allows the artist to do?
2. Eventually, what does Lodovico hope for that will help his family?
3. How does Michelangelo set himself apart at the Guild Hall of Signor Ghirlandaio?
4. Who can Michelangelo not rely on to pay his apprentice fees?
5. What is Michelangelo worried about before going to the Medici school?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)