|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the young Contessina de Medici that Michelangelo sees in the sculpture garden?
(a) the youngest daughter of Lorenzo
(b) the wife of Lorenzo
(c) the eldest daughter of Lorenzo
(d) the mother of Lorenzo
2. Who is Il Magnifico?
(a) the Doge of Milan
(b) Lorenzo de Medici
(c) Pope Julius II
(d) Domenico Ghirlandaio
3. Who can Michelangelo not rely on to pay his apprentice fees?
(a) his patron, Lorenzo
(b) his father, Lodovico
(c) his friends, the Tropolinos
(d) his friend, Francesco
4. How do Michelangelo and Granacci reckon Lodovico will not be harsh when he learns his son is going to de Medici?
(a) if he hears the name de Medici
(b) if his step mother is in the room
(c) if Michelangelo promises to give him his money
(d) if Granacci is present
5. What is Lodovico unable to do when Michelangelo is given the privilege of living in the de Medici household?
(a) refuse Lorenzo de Medici
(b) utter a word
(c) believe his ears
(d) stand up
Short Answer Questions
1. After one year, what is Michelangelo allowed to paint?
2. What does Michelangelo recognize he must do to keep his father from taking him away?
3. What is the first of Michelangelo's problems if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
4. After a hard winter, where does Michelangelo's friend Granacci take him?
5. What does Ghirlandaio want Michelangelo to do?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)