|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does the sculpture garden belong?
(a) Lodovico Buonarroti
(c) the Tropolinos
(d) Lorenzo de Medici
2. After a hard winter, where does Michelangelo's friend Granacci take him?
(a) to a museum
(b) to an art festival
(c) to a sculpture garden
(d) to Venice
3. Who operates the sculpture garden?
(d) da Vinci
4. What is Michelangelo allowed to do for his painting of a neophyte for the Baptism of John panel?
(a) paint with close supervision
(b) work with two other apprentices
(c) redesign the panel
(d) bring in a nude model
5. Why does Michelangelo compare his work with files borrowed from Ghirlandaio?
(a) to learn how to keep files
(b) to see how much better he is
(c) to find a patron
(d) to learn from his own mistakes
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ghirlandaio reluctant to do?
2. Who asks for two of Ghirlandaio's students to study at his new Medici school?
3. What does Michelangelo carve surreptitiously?
4. What is the first of Michelangelo's problems if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
5. Where is the thirteen-year-old Michelangelo taken in March of 1488?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)