|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is to go to the Medici school along with Michelangelo?
2. What does Michelangelo recognize he must do to keep his father from taking him away?
(a) stay out of his father's sight
(b) start working in marble
(c) earn some money
(d) bring home good reports
3. What is Lodovico unable to do when Michelangelo is given the privilege of living in the de Medici household?
(a) believe his ears
(b) refuse Lorenzo de Medici
(c) utter a word
(d) stand up
4. After a hard winter, where does Michelangelo's friend Granacci take him?
(a) to an art festival
(b) to Venice
(c) to a museum
(d) to a sculpture garden
5. What does Michelangelo believe that Ghirlandaio disagrees with?
(a) that art is a useless occupation
(b) that painting is a waste of time
(c) that humans should never be painted nude
(d) that sculpture is the greatest art form
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Michelangelo set himself apart at the Guild Hall of Signor Ghirlandaio?
2. Who asks for two of Ghirlandaio's students to study at his new Medici school?
3. What does Michelangelo carve surreptitiously?
4. How does Michelangelo spend a lot of his free time near the sculpture garden?
5. What is the first of Michelangelo's problems if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)