|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Michelangelo and Granacci reckon Lodovico will not be harsh when he learns his son is going to de Medici?
(a) if Michelangelo promises to give him his money
(b) if he hears the name de Medici
(c) if his step mother is in the room
(d) if Granacci is present
2. Where is the thirteen-year-old Michelangelo taken in March of 1488?
(a) the Guild Hall of Signor Ghirlandaio
(b) to see the Pope in Rome
(c) to the home of the Tropolinos
(d) the Medici Palace
3. What does Michelangelo believe that Ghirlandaio disagrees with?
(a) that humans should never be painted nude
(b) that art is a useless occupation
(c) that painting is a waste of time
(d) that sculpture is the greatest art form
4. For his first year as an apprentice, how is Michelangelo treated?
(a) as if he knows nothing about art
(b) as a boy to make the daily coffee
(c) as though he were not there
(d) as a messenger boy
5. How does Michelangelo spend a lot of his free time near the sculpture garden?
(a) standing outside the school's gates, watching
(b) sitting in a tree, looking over the wall
(c) waiting to see a de Medici coming
(d) putting out his paintings for sale
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Michelangelo set himself apart at the Guild Hall of Signor Ghirlandaio?
2. After one year, what is Michelangelo allowed to paint?
3. After a hard winter, where does Michelangelo's friend Granacci take him?
4. who brings Michelangelo to Ghirlandaio?
5. Why does Michelangelo compare his work with files borrowed from Ghirlandaio?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)