|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Michelangelo worried about before going to the Medici school?
(a) how to dress
(b) how to tell his father
(c) where to get his supplies
(d) at what hour to arrive
2. For his first year as an apprentice, how is Michelangelo treated?
(a) as if he knows nothing about art
(b) as though he were not there
(c) as a boy to make the daily coffee
(d) as a messenger boy
3. After one year, what is Michelangelo allowed to paint?
(a) practice canvases
(c) still lifes
(d) small portraits
4. Where is the thirteen-year-old Michelangelo taken in March of 1488?
(a) the Medici Palace
(b) the Guild Hall of Signor Ghirlandaio
(c) to see the Pope in Rome
(d) to the home of the Tropolinos
5. What is Lodovico unable to do when Michelangelo is given the privilege of living in the de Medici household?
(a) believe his ears
(b) utter a word
(c) stand up
(d) refuse Lorenzo de Medici
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michelangelo believe that Ghirlandaio disagrees with?
2. Who asks for two of Ghirlandaio's students to study at his new Medici school?
3. After a hard winter, where does Michelangelo's friend Granacci take him?
4. While working on the panels, what is Michelangelo dreaming about?
5. Who can Michelangelo not rely on to pay his apprentice fees?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)