|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who operates the sculpture garden?
(c) da Vinci
2. How do Michelangelo and Granacci reckon Lodovico will not be harsh when he learns his son is going to de Medici?
(a) if Granacci is present
(b) if Michelangelo promises to give him his money
(c) if his step mother is in the room
(d) if he hears the name de Medici
3. Where is the thirteen-year-old Michelangelo taken in March of 1488?
(a) the Medici Palace
(b) the Guild Hall of Signor Ghirlandaio
(c) to see the Pope in Rome
(d) to the home of the Tropolinos
4. What is Michelangelo worried about before going to the Medici school?
(a) at what hour to arrive
(b) how to dress
(c) where to get his supplies
(d) how to tell his father
5. Who can Michelangelo not rely on to pay his apprentice fees?
(a) his friends, the Tropolinos
(b) his father, Lodovico
(c) his patron, Lorenzo
(d) his friend, Francesco
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michelangelo insist painting draped figures allows the artist to do?
2. For his first year as an apprentice, how is Michelangelo treated?
3. While working on the panels, what is Michelangelo dreaming about?
4. who brings Michelangelo to Ghirlandaio?
5. As a second problem, what must Michelangelo have if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)