|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the death of Pope Leo X?
(a) the plague
(b) a cup of hemlock
(c) a chill caught while on a hunt
(d) a heart attack
2. Just as Michelangelo starts working for Galli, what do the creditors in Florence demand?
(a) Michelangelo return to Florence and work there
(b) letters of credit from Jacopo Galli
(c) part of the money within the week
(d) all the money within one month
3. What does the news of the death of the Pope bring?
(a) the Duke of Urbino to Michelangelo's door
(b) riots in the streets of Rome
(c) a commission to carve Pope Clement's tomb
(d) a rush of orders for Michelangelo
4. Who wants to bring down the papacy and return Italy to the simple, stark, religious ways of his own beliefs?
(a) Lodovico Buonarroti
(c) Leonardo da Vinci
(d) Lorenzo de Medici
5. What does Ghirlandaio want Michelangelo to do?
(a) stop playing and go to work
(b) develop his own style in his own way
(c) see how little talent he has
(d) learn how to copy him
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Michelangelo not talk to Pope Julius II?
2. What would closing their shop in Florence cost Michelangelo's brothers?
3. Eventually, what does Lodovico hope for that will help his family?
4. Who gets Michelangelo a short interview with Cardinal Riario?
5. What does Michelangelo believe that Ghirlandaio disagrees with?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)