|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who replaces Pope Leo X?
(a) Pope Clement
(b) Pope Pius II
(c) Pope Alexander
(d) Pope Adrian
2. What is the first of Michelangelo's problems if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
(a) two years left as an apprentice for Ghirlandaio
(b) Ghirlandaio's attitude toward sculpture
(c) the attitude of his father
(d) money to buy sculpting tools
3. What is the misconception his family has of Michelangelo?
(a) he is a total failure
(b) he has contracts he hasn't told them about
(c) he is in trouble with the law
(d) he is made of money
4. What does Pope Julius demand Michelangelo make for him?
(a) a marble table
(b) a bas relief
(c) a bronze statue
(d) a painting
5. Who asks for two of Ghirlandaio's students to study at his new Medici school?
(b) Il Magnifico
Short Answer Questions
1. Pope Paul III likes Michelangelo's nudes in the Sistine Chapel but how do others view them?
2. Why does Michelangelo arrange for loans?
3. Why do the city fathers of Florence not receive Michelangelo well?
4. What does Torrigiani do to Michelangelo that causes him to flee the palace?
5. Why does da Vinci align himself with the Borgias?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)