|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides working on his commission, what does Michelangelo enjoy in Galli's home?
(a) freedom to find other commissions
(b) conversations with a learned man
(c) a good bed to sleep in
(d) the finest food in Rome
2. What does Savonarola preach about the de Medici family?
(a) they are his strong supporters
(b) they are evil and should be destroyed
(c) they are rich and should give to the poor
(d) they are holy and should be revered
3. As Michelangelo progresses, what does he learn about life?
(a) the kindness of strangers
(b) the jealousy of others
(c) the effects of poverty
(d) the value of personal ethics
4. Having lost everything, what is the one contract Michelangelo has?
(a) a garden decoration for de Medici
(b) a cupid for the Bishop of Florence
(c) a gravestone for a merchant
(d) a Risen Christ for Metello Vari
5. Who comes and sees the sculpture Michelangelo did?
(c) Contessina de Medici
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the thirteen-year-old Michelangelo taken in March of 1488?
2. Why does Michelangelo have trouble with the Bolognese people?
3. Who replaces Pope Leo X?
4. Before the David statue can be placed, what happens?
5. Who is Cardinal Riario di San Giorgio looking for?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)