|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reaction of the Pope when Michelangelo leaves Rome?
(a) he sends money
(b) he is angry
(c) he is relieved
(d) he doesn't notice
2. What does Michelangelo do after accepting the Cardinal's commission?
(a) gives all his money to Lodovico
(b) goes into hiding
(c) moves back to Rome
(d) rents an apartment and sends for Argiento
3. Why is Michelangelo unable to show exactly how much he received from Pope Julius?
(a) his recordkeeping is poor
(b) his receipts were lost in a fire
(c) he is not allowed to travel to Florence to get his receipts
(d) he never kept any receipts
4. As a second problem, what must Michelangelo have if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
(a) previous art recognition
(b) ten thousand florins
(c) an invitation from Bertoldo or one of the de Medicis
(d) knowledge of the basics of sculpture
5. Who operates the sculpture garden?
(a) da Vinci
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leo X want Michelangelo to work on after his sister dies?
2. What does Michelangelo see in the form of Tommaso Cavalieri?
3. What does Michelangelo realize his painting in the Sistine Chapel is supposed to do?
4. What does Giuliano da Sangallo do for Michelangelo?
5. What does Pope Paul III want Michelangelo to do?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)