|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Savonarola to agree that he is a heretic and then recant?
(a) the de Medici family
(b) several days of torture
(c) a debate in Florence
(d) instructions form the Pope
2. What is Michelangelo's problem for getting the Pietrasanta marble to Rome?
(a) no road is available
(b) no one will help him
(c) the marble is too fragile
(d) no wagon is big enough
3. Where is the thirteen-year-old Michelangelo taken in March of 1488?
(a) the Medici Palace
(b) the Guild Hall of Signor Ghirlandaio
(c) to see the Pope in Rome
(d) to the home of the Tropolinos
4. How does Michelangelo learn anatomy at the charity hospital of Santo Spirito?
(a) by bathing patients
(b) by auditing classes
(c) by dissecting dead bodies
(d) by watching surgeries
5. What does Michelangelo refuse to do for Piero de Medici?
(a) design jewelry for his wife
(b) paint a portrait of his wife
(c) escort his wife
(d) carve a bust of his wife
Short Answer Questions
1. Working all day and studying all night, what do people think Michelangelo is doing?
2. What does Granacci tell Michelangelo that Ghirlandaio is willing to do?
3. What does Michelangelo's brother, Lionardo, believe his brother has become?
4. When do Michelangelo and the Contessina finally talk about their mutual love?
5. After one year, what is Michelangelo allowed to paint?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)