|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michelangelo's brother, Lionardo, believe his brother has become?
(a) absent minded and useless
(b) subservient and docile
(c) overly educated in the arts
(d) corrupted by power and money
2. Why is Michelangelo unable to show exactly how much he received from Pope Julius?
(a) he never kept any receipts
(b) he is not allowed to travel to Florence to get his receipts
(c) his receipts were lost in a fire
(d) his recordkeeping is poor
3. Why does da Vinci align himself with the Borgias?
(a) to be on the winning side
(b) to hedge his bets
(c) to get back at Michelangelo
(d) to test some of his inventions
4. What is Michelangelo expected to learn about?
(a) charging for his work
(b) dress, manners, life, and art
(c) keeping a journal
(d) marble quarrying
5. What does Michelangelo get Ghirlandaio to do for him?
(a) give him a good recommendation
(b) allow him to paint his own designs
(c) pay him a stipend to study there
(d) buy all of his art supplies
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pope Julius demand Michelangelo make for him?
2. What does Savonarola preach about the de Medici family?
3. What scene does Michelangelo want to paint in the Sistine Chapel?
4. What kind of artwork does Michelangelo accept reluctantly?
5. who brings Michelangelo to Ghirlandaio?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)