|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michelangelo need in order to paint his planned story on the ceiling of the chapel?
(a) a system of ropes and pullies
(b) a large supply of paint
(c) someone to mix his paints
(d) the Pope's permission
2. Where is the thirteen-year-old Michelangelo taken in March of 1488?
(a) the Medici Palace
(b) to the home of the Tropolinos
(c) to see the Pope in Rome
(d) the Guild Hall of Signor Ghirlandaio
3. After the festival for his son, where does Piero de Medici invite Michelangelo?
(a) back to restore the Sculpture Garden
(b) on a trip to Bologna
(c) on a trip to visit King Charles VIII of France
(d) back into the de Medici home
4. As a second problem, what must Michelangelo have if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
(a) an invitation from Bertoldo or one of the de Medicis
(b) previous art recognition
(c) knowledge of the basics of sculpture
(d) ten thousand florins
5. What is the connection of Pope Paul III to the de Medici family?
(a) he once worked for Pope Leo X
(b) his sister is married to a de Medici
(c) his mother was a de Medici
(d) he was educated by Lorenzo de Medici
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lodovico unable to do when Michelangelo is given the privilege of living in the de Medici household?
2. What does Michelangelo recognize he must do to keep his father from taking him away?
3. Instead of a commission, what does Cardinal Riario give Michelangelo?
4. How does Charles VIII of France want to claim the Kingdom of Naples?
5. Who wants to bring down the papacy and return Italy to the simple, stark, religious ways of his own beliefs?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)