|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is worked out that the Duke of Urbino will accept instead of the finished tomb?
(a) an extension of time to finish the tomb
(b) a written apology from Michelangelo
(c) a statue of Moses and two other statues in Michelangelo's home
(d) an assignment as the Cardinal of Milan
2. The Pope wants the road but what other problem does Michelangelo have?
(a) the Pope will not send workers
(b) the Pope will not decide about it
(c) the Pope will not fund it
(d) the Pope will not approve it
3. What does Savonarola believe art is?
(a) neither good nor bad
(b) a gift from God
(c) blasphemous and ungodly
(d) godly and uplifting
4. What does the Wool Guild own that is of interest to Michelangelo?
(a) a scaffolding they do not use
(b) a large block of marble
(c) a studio for rent
(d) a contract for decorating a palace
5. What commission has Bramante won from the Pope?
(a) to carve the Pope's tomb
(b) to build a new St. Peter's
(c) to design the tomb Michelangelo will carve
(d) to add on to the Vatican
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the city fathers of Florence not receive Michelangelo well?
2. Which former admirer of the artist, now seems to scorn Michelangelo?
3. What is Michelangelo's position in the home of Cardinal Riario?
4. Where is the thirteen-year-old Michelangelo taken in March of 1488?
5. Who succeeds Pope Julius II as Pope Leo X?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)