|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does the sculpture garden belong?
(a) the Tropolinos
(b) Lorenzo de Medici
(d) Lodovico Buonarroti
2. Having lost everything, what is the one contract Michelangelo has?
(a) a gravestone for a merchant
(b) a garden decoration for de Medici
(c) a Risen Christ for Metello Vari
(d) a cupid for the Bishop of Florence
3. What does Michelangelo realize his painting in the Sistine Chapel is supposed to do?
(a) uplift the worshipers who will come there
(b) make it look larger than it is
(c) draw the eye away from the floor
(d) to mask the problems created by others
4. What does Michelangelo's father accuse him of in letters from Florence?
(a) spending a fortune on himself
(b) causing problems for his brothers
(c) siding with the de Medicis.
(d) forgetting his family name
5. In addition to Michelangelo's other problems, what happens to the Cardinal of San Dionigi?
(a) he loses his mind and cannot remember Michelangelo
(b) he is sent to be the Cardinal of Germany
(c) he is excommunicated
(d) he dies before the pieta is finished
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michelangelo have after his meeting with the Cardinal?
2. What is Michelangelo worried about before going to the Medici school?
3. After a hard winter, where does Michelangelo's friend Granacci take him?
4. After one year, what is Michelangelo allowed to paint?
5. Who wants to bring down the papacy and return Italy to the simple, stark, religious ways of his own beliefs?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)