|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is worked out that the Duke of Urbino will accept instead of the finished tomb?
(a) a written apology from Michelangelo
(b) an extension of time to finish the tomb
(c) an assignment as the Cardinal of Milan
(d) a statue of Moses and two other statues in Michelangelo's home
2. What does Michelangelo insist on from the Pope?
(a) that he be given extra money for paints
(b) that only he have the keys to the chapel
(c) that Swiss Guards surround the chapel at night
(d) that he sleep in the chapel
3. Who succeeds Pope Julius II as Pope Leo X?
(a) Jacopo Galli
(b) Giovanni de Medici
(c) the Cardinal of San Dionigi
(d) Cardinal Riario
4. Which former admirer of the artist, now seems to scorn Michelangelo?
(d) da Vinci
5. Just as Michelangelo starts working for Galli, what do the creditors in Florence demand?
(a) part of the money within the week
(b) Michelangelo return to Florence and work there
(c) letters of credit from Jacopo Galli
(d) all the money within one month
Short Answer Questions
1. For his first year as an apprentice, how is Michelangelo treated?
2. What does Torrigiani do to Michelangelo that causes him to flee the palace?
3. Besides working on his commission, what does Michelangelo enjoy in Galli's home?
4. Who comes and sees the sculpture Michelangelo did?
5. What happens when Pope Leo insists on Pietrasanta marble, not Carraini marble?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)