|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is to go to the Medici school along with Michelangelo?
2. Who is the young Contessina de Medici that Michelangelo sees in the sculpture garden?
(a) the eldest daughter of Lorenzo
(b) the youngest daughter of Lorenzo
(c) the mother of Lorenzo
(d) the wife of Lorenzo
3. What is the reaction of the city when they first see the David in progress?
(a) disgusted because it is nude
(b) indifferent, holding back payment
(c) angry over the misuse of the marble
(d) enthralled by what they see
4. What does Michelangelo tell his brother about his art?
(a) that it is progressing
(b) that it is holy
(c) that it is all he knows
(d) that it is his life
5. How does Buonarroto's wife cause problems for Michelangelo?
(a) she demands fine gowns and jewels
(b) she tries to seduce Michelangelo
(c) she produces several children
(d) she becomes a spy for Pope Julius II
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes and sees the sculpture Michelangelo did?
2. What is Michelangelo allowed to do for his painting of a neophyte for the Baptism of John panel?
3. Just as Michelangelo starts working for Galli, what do the creditors in Florence demand?
4. What does Michelangelo accept that puts him in competition with da Vinci?
5. Who causes Michelangelo problems over his plans for Julius II's tomb?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)