|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Michelangelo compare his work with files borrowed from Ghirlandaio?
(a) to find a patron
(b) to learn from his own mistakes
(c) to see how much better he is
(d) to learn how to keep files
2. What is Michelangelo's response when his father tells him he cannot afford to have pride?
(a) I'm not proud, I'm hungry
(b) I still have some money in my pruse
(c) pride is all I have left
(d) I have my name
3. Who wants to bring down the papacy and return Italy to the simple, stark, religious ways of his own beliefs?
(a) Leonardo da Vinci
(c) Lodovico Buonarroti
(d) Lorenzo de Medici
4. What does Michelangelo discover his father believes about Lorenzo de Medici?
(a) he is a tyrant
(b) he is bankrupt
(c) he is a saint
(d) he is a fool
5. What is the first of Michelangelo's problems if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
(a) Ghirlandaio's attitude toward sculpture
(b) money to buy sculpting tools
(c) two years left as an apprentice for Ghirlandaio
(d) the attitude of his father
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of a commission, what does Cardinal Riario give Michelangelo?
2. What does Leonardo da Vinci do that irritates Michelangelo?
3. Why is Michelangelo unable to show exactly how much he received from Pope Julius?
4. Why does the city of Florence bribe Caesar Borgia?
5. What does Pope Leo X want Leonardo da Vinci, Raphael, and Michelangelo to do?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)