|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Cardinal Riario di San Giorgio looking for?
(a) Signor Aldovrandi
(b) the sculptor Dell'Arca
(c) the man who had sculpted a cupid he owns
(d) Charles VIII of France
2. With whom does the Marchesa appear to be affiliated?
(a) a group that believes the Church needs reforms
(b) the Royal Family of Spain
(c) the de Medici family
(d) a group of wealthy patrons of the arts
3. What does Pope Julius II want Michelangelo to carve for him?
(a) a copy of the David
(b) a new marble throne
(c) his tomb in the middle of St. Peter's
(d) another pieta
4. Working all day and studying all night, what do people think Michelangelo is doing?
(a) getting drunk and living a wild life
(b) seeing a lover
(c) running contraband goods
(d) looking for ways out of Florence
5. What does Sangallo, Michelangelo's old friend, discover about Michelangelo's problem with the painting?
(a) he needs to slow down the work to let the paint dry
(b) he needs to speed up the work before the paint dries
(c) his Florence paint mixture does not work in Rome
(d) he needs to be closer to the surface
Short Answer Questions
1. After the death of Lorenzo de Medici, where does Michelangelo find himself?
2. What does Bertoldo, the sculptor master, give Michelangelo?
3. What does Michelangelo insist painting draped figures allows the artist to do?
4. What does Michelangelo's brother, Lionardo, believe his brother has become?
5. Why do the city fathers of Florence not receive Michelangelo well?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)