|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ghirlandaio want Michelangelo to do?
(a) develop his own style in his own way
(b) see how little talent he has
(c) learn how to copy him
(d) stop playing and go to work
2. What does Pope Paul III want Michelangelo to do?
(a) to carve another David
(b) to return to Florence and reopen the sculpture garden
(c) to finish the tomb of Pope Julius II
(d) to complete the Sistine Chapel
3. What does Piero de Medici want Michelangelo to carve for the birthday of his son, Giuliano?
(a) a snowman
(b) a cupid
(c) a bed
(d) a set of small soldiers
4. Who is Cardinal Riario di San Giorgio looking for?
(a) the man who had sculpted a cupid he owns
(b) Signor Aldovrandi
(c) the sculptor Dell'Arca
(d) Charles VIII of France
5. Why does da Vinci align himself with the Borgias?
(a) to be on the winning side
(b) to get back at Michelangelo
(c) to test some of his inventions
(d) to hedge his bets
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the David statue can be placed, what happens?
2. What raw material does Michelangelo use to carve a crucifix?
3. How does Charles VIII of France want to claim the Kingdom of Naples?
4. What scene does Michelangelo want to paint in the Sistine Chapel?
5. What does Savonarola believe art is?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)