|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Granacci tell Michelangelo that Ghirlandaio is willing to do?
(a) sponsor him as a sculptor
(b) find him another patron
(c) accept him back as an apprentice
(d) bring him back as a teacher of sculpture
2. Eventually, what does Lodovico hope for that will help his family?
(a) Michelangelo will change his mind
(b) his son's becoming famous
(c) a new position in Milan
(d) connections to de Medici
3. What is Ghirlandaio reluctant to do?
(a) keep Michaelangelo as a student
(b) release his student
(c) cater to the Medici family
(d) continue Michaelangelo's stipend
4. Who can Michelangelo not rely on to pay his apprentice fees?
(a) his patron, Lorenzo
(b) his friends, the Tropolinos
(c) his friend, Francesco
(d) his father, Lodovico
5. If caught in his nighttime study of anatomy, what might the Church do to him?
(a) dismiss him from school
(b) put him in prison
(c) put him in a monastery
(d) put him to death
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Il Magnifico?
2. What does Savonarola believe art is?
3. What is one thing Michelangelo is thrilled that he can do?
4. What is something Michelangelo learns from members of the academy?
5. Where does Michelangelo go to study?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)