|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ghirlandaio want Michelangelo to do?
(a) learn how to copy him
(b) see how little talent he has
(c) stop playing and go to work
(d) develop his own style in his own way
2. What is Michelangelo expected to learn about?
(a) keeping a journal
(b) dress, manners, life, and art
(c) charging for his work
(d) marble quarrying
3. What does Michelangelo insist painting draped figures allows the artist to do?
(a) have less trouble with textures
(b) ignore the shape and features of the body
(c) work faster to finsh a painting
(d) put emphasis on color over form
4. After the death of Lorenzo de Medici, where does Michelangelo find himself?
(a) working in the marble quarry
(b) on the way to Portugal
(c) back at the Tropolino house
(d) back sharing a bed with his brother
5. After the festival for his son, where does Piero de Medici invite Michelangelo?
(a) back to restore the Sculpture Garden
(b) on a trip to Bologna
(c) on a trip to visit King Charles VIII of France
(d) back into the de Medici home
Short Answer Questions
1. What is something Michelangelo learns from members of the academy?
2. How does Michelangelo learn anatomy at the charity hospital of Santo Spirito?
3. Who is Il Magnifico?
4. What does Michelangelo believe that Ghirlandaio disagrees with?
5. What does Michelangelo's brother, Lionardo, believe his brother has become?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)