|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lodovico initially refuse to give his son?
(a) permission to attend the de Medici school
(b) new clothes fitting for the Medici palace
(c) the new equipment he will need
(d) money to live on
2. What does Michelangelo learn the city fathers have sent behind Piero de Medici's back?
(a) a request for mercenaries from Germany
(b) a delegation to Charles VIII
(c) letters to the Pope
(d) a warrant for Piero's arrest
3. What does Michelangelo insist painting draped figures allows the artist to do?
(a) have less trouble with textures
(b) put emphasis on color over form
(c) work faster to finsh a painting
(d) ignore the shape and features of the body
4. Where does Lodovico want Michelangelo accepted?
(a) a merchant guild
(b) the Florentine guard
(c) Ghirlandaio's school
(d) the Plato Academy
5. Displeased with Piero de Medici, what are the people of Florence more inclined to listen to?
(a) Savonarola's sermons praising Piero de Medici
(b) Savonarola's sermons about the excesses of evil
(c) speakers promoting a democratic government
(d) proposals for annexing Florence to France
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michelangelo refuse to do for Piero de Medici?
2. After a hard winter, where does Michelangelo's friend Granacci take him?
3. Who is Il Magnifico?
4. Who can Michelangelo not rely on to pay his apprentice fees?
5. What does Michelangelo tell his brother about his art?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)