|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Cardinal Riario di San Giorgio looking for?
(a) the sculptor Dell'Arca
(b) Signor Aldovrandi
(c) Charles VIII of France
(d) the man who had sculpted a cupid he owns
2. What do the members of the elite academy discuss and learn about?
(a) history, religion, and horticulture
(b) political, literary, music and philosophical ideas
(c) science, exploration, and evolution
(d) art, history, and geography
3. What does Michelangelo insist painting draped figures allows the artist to do?
(a) have less trouble with textures
(b) work faster to finsh a painting
(c) ignore the shape and features of the body
(d) put emphasis on color over form
4. At the palace de Medici, with whom does Michelangelo share quarters?
(a) Bertoldo, the sculpture master
(b) Donato Donatello
(c) Pietro Torrigiani
(d) Francesco Granacci
5. What raw material does Michelangelo use to carve a crucifix?
(a) sandstone taken from the quarry
(b) the hardest available Tuscan walnut
(c) a piece of discarded marble
(d) a large lump of solidified plaster
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Michelangelo and Granacci reckon Lodovico will not be harsh when he learns his son is going to de Medici?
2. Where does Lodovico want Michelangelo accepted?
3. What does Torrigiani do to Michelangelo that causes him to flee the palace?
4. What does Michelangelo carve surreptitiously?
5. After the festival for his son, where does Piero de Medici invite Michelangelo?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)