|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the members of the elite academy discuss and learn about?
(a) political, literary, music and philosophical ideas
(b) art, history, and geography
(c) history, religion, and horticulture
(d) science, exploration, and evolution
2. What does Michelangelo learn the city fathers have sent behind Piero de Medici's back?
(a) a request for mercenaries from Germany
(b) a warrant for Piero's arrest
(c) a delegation to Charles VIII
(d) letters to the Pope
3. After the festival for his son, where does Piero de Medici invite Michelangelo?
(a) on a trip to visit King Charles VIII of France
(b) on a trip to Bologna
(c) back into the de Medici home
(d) back to restore the Sculpture Garden
4. What does Michelangelo refuse to do for Piero de Medici?
(a) design jewelry for his wife
(b) paint a portrait of his wife
(c) carve a bust of his wife
(d) escort his wife
5. What does Michelangelo carve surreptitiously?
(a) a cat
(b) a face
(c) a lion
(d) a faun
Short Answer Questions
1. After one year, what is Michelangelo allowed to paint?
2. What is Michelangelo worried about before going to the Medici school?
3. How do Michelangelo and Granacci reckon Lodovico will not be harsh when he learns his son is going to de Medici?
4. How does Michelangelo learn anatomy at the charity hospital of Santo Spirito?
5. Eventually, what does Lodovico hope for that will help his family?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)