|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Savonarola preach about the de Medici family?
(a) they are evil and should be destroyed
(b) they are rich and should give to the poor
(c) they are his strong supporters
(d) they are holy and should be revered
2. What is Michelangelo's conclusion about his looks after the broken nose?
(a) it makes him look eccentric
(b) his work must conceal his looks
(c) it is something he cannot change
(d) now he is handsome
3. What does Michelangelo recognize he must do to keep his father from taking him away?
(a) earn some money
(b) stay out of his father's sight
(c) bring home good reports
(d) start working in marble
4. What does Piero de Medici want Michelangelo to carve for the birthday of his son, Giuliano?
(a) a snowman
(b) a set of small soldiers
(c) a bed
(d) a cupid
5. Who operates the sculpture garden?
(d) da Vinci
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first of Michelangelo's problems if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
2. After a hard winter, where does Michelangelo's friend Granacci take him?
3. What does Michelangelo carve surreptitiously?
4. How does Michelangelo learn anatomy at the charity hospital of Santo Spirito?
5. What does Michelangelo refuse to do for Piero de Medici?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)