|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Michelangelo learn anatomy at the charity hospital of Santo Spirito?
(a) by watching surgeries
(b) by dissecting dead bodies
(c) by auditing classes
(d) by bathing patients
2. What does Lodovico think sculptors are?
(a) potentially wealthy men
(b) grand artists
(c) little more than being stonecutters
(d) contributors to society
3. What do the members of the elite academy discuss and learn about?
(a) political, literary, music and philosophical ideas
(b) science, exploration, and evolution
(c) art, history, and geography
(d) history, religion, and horticulture
4. What is something Michelangelo learns from members of the academy?
(a) elocution and ethics
(b) literature and the value of writing poetry
(c) accounting and the importance of politics
(d) music and dancing
5. After a hard winter, where does Michelangelo's friend Granacci take him?
(a) to a sculpture garden
(b) to Venice
(c) to a museum
(d) to an art festival
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks for two of Ghirlandaio's students to study at his new Medici school?
2. What does Ghirlandaio want Michelangelo to do?
3. What is Michelangelo allowed to do for his painting of a neophyte for the Baptism of John panel?
4. After the festival for his son, where does Piero de Medici invite Michelangelo?
5. If caught in his nighttime study of anatomy, what might the Church do to him?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)