|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michelangelo discover that he cannot do?
(a) speak French
(b) form ideas of his own
(c) work in three dimensions
(d) replicate Bertoldo's style
2. What does Savonarola preach about the de Medici family?
(a) they are holy and should be revered
(b) they are evil and should be destroyed
(c) they are rich and should give to the poor
(d) they are his strong supporters
3. How do Michelangelo and Granacci reckon Lodovico will not be harsh when he learns his son is going to de Medici?
(a) if he hears the name de Medici
(b) if his step mother is in the room
(c) if Michelangelo promises to give him his money
(d) if Granacci is present
4. What is Ghirlandaio reluctant to do?
(a) keep Michaelangelo as a student
(b) cater to the Medici family
(c) release his student
(d) continue Michaelangelo's stipend
5. How does Michelangelo set himself apart at the Guild Hall of Signor Ghirlandaio?
(a) with his talents and beliefs
(b) with his anti-social behavior
(c) with the poorness of his clothes
(d) with his long hours of study
Short Answer Questions
1. Working all day and studying all night, what do people think Michelangelo is doing?
2. Where is the thirteen-year-old Michelangelo taken in March of 1488?
3. Why does Michelangelo compare his work with files borrowed from Ghirlandaio?
4. What does Bertoldo, the sculptor master, give Michelangelo?
5. With whom does Piero de Medici refuse to work?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)