|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michelangelo discover his father believes about Lorenzo de Medici?
(a) he is a fool
(b) he is a tyrant
(c) he is bankrupt
(d) he is a saint
2. After the death of Lorenzo de Medici, where does Michelangelo find himself?
(a) back at the Tropolino house
(b) working in the marble quarry
(c) on the way to Portugal
(d) back sharing a bed with his brother
3. Eventually, what does Lodovico hope for that will help his family?
(a) his son's becoming famous
(b) Michelangelo will change his mind
(c) a new position in Milan
(d) connections to de Medici
4. After one year, what is Michelangelo allowed to paint?
(b) small portraits
(c) still lifes
(d) practice canvases
5. What is Michelangelo worried about before going to the Medici school?
(a) at what hour to arrive
(b) where to get his supplies
(c) how to dress
(d) how to tell his father
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing Michelangelo is thrilled that he can do?
2. How does Michelangelo spend a lot of his free time near the sculpture garden?
3. Who wants to bring down the papacy and return Italy to the simple, stark, religious ways of his own beliefs?
4. At the palace de Medici, with whom does Michelangelo share quarters?
5. How does Michelangelo feel about painting frescoes?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)