|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who operates the sculpture garden?
(d) da Vinci
2. How does Michelangelo learn anatomy at the charity hospital of Santo Spirito?
(a) by bathing patients
(b) by watching surgeries
(c) by dissecting dead bodies
(d) by auditing classes
3. What does Piero de Medici want Michelangelo to carve for the birthday of his son, Giuliano?
(a) a set of small soldiers
(b) a cupid
(c) a snowman
(d) a bed
4. What does Michelangelo carve surreptitiously?
(a) a lion
(b) a face
(c) a cat
(d) a faun
5. As Michelangelo progresses, what does he learn about life?
(a) the effects of poverty
(b) the jealousy of others
(c) the kindness of strangers
(d) the value of personal ethics
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks for two of Ghirlandaio's students to study at his new Medici school?
2. After the death of Lorenzo de Medici, where does Michelangelo find himself?
3. What does Michelangelo get Ghirlandaio to do for him?
4. What does Michelangelo recognize he must do to keep his father from taking him away?
5. Who wants to bring down the papacy and return Italy to the simple, stark, religious ways of his own beliefs?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)