|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a second problem, what must Michelangelo have if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
(a) knowledge of the basics of sculpture
(b) an invitation from Bertoldo or one of the de Medicis
(c) previous art recognition
(d) ten thousand florins
2. What does Michelangelo discover his father believes about Lorenzo de Medici?
(a) he is a fool
(b) he is bankrupt
(c) he is a saint
(d) he is a tyrant
3. With whom does Piero de Medici refuse to work?
(a) the Pope
(c) the appointed city leaders
4. What does Bertoldo, the sculptor master, give Michelangelo?
(a) new sculpting tools
(b) much praise and encouragement
(c) much criticism of what he does
(d) a special workplace
5. How does Michelangelo learn anatomy at the charity hospital of Santo Spirito?
(a) by bathing patients
(b) by dissecting dead bodies
(c) by watching surgeries
(d) by auditing classes
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lodovico initially refuse to give his son?
2. What does Lodovico think sculptors are?
3. What is something Michelangelo learns from members of the academy?
4. What does Michelangelo get Ghirlandaio to do for him?
5. If caught in his nighttime study of anatomy, what might the Church do to him?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)