|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Savonarola believe art is?
(a) blasphemous and ungodly
(b) neither good nor bad
(c) godly and uplifting
(d) a gift from God
2. How is Pietro Torrigiani described?
(a) a well-built, handsome young man
(b) a plain and untalented boy
(c) a short, fat hanger on
(d) a deformed genius
3. Who is the young Contessina de Medici that Michelangelo sees in the sculpture garden?
(a) the youngest daughter of Lorenzo
(b) the eldest daughter of Lorenzo
(c) the wife of Lorenzo
(d) the mother of Lorenzo
4. What does Ghirlandaio want Michelangelo to do?
(a) learn how to copy him
(b) see how little talent he has
(c) stop playing and go to work
(d) develop his own style in his own way
5. What is something Michelangelo learns from members of the academy?
(a) elocution and ethics
(b) music and dancing
(c) literature and the value of writing poetry
(d) accounting and the importance of politics
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Torrigiani do to Michelangelo that causes him to flee the palace?
2. What raw material does Michelangelo use to carve a crucifix?
3. Where is the thirteen-year-old Michelangelo taken in March of 1488?
4. What does Michelangelo believe that Ghirlandaio disagrees with?
5. Who wants to bring down the papacy and return Italy to the simple, stark, religious ways of his own beliefs?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)