|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who operates the sculpture garden?
(b) da Vinci
2. Who is Cardinal Riario di San Giorgio looking for?
(a) the sculptor Dell'Arca
(b) Charles VIII of France
(c) the man who had sculpted a cupid he owns
(d) Signor Aldovrandi
3. What is the first of Michelangelo's problems if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
(a) two years left as an apprentice for Ghirlandaio
(b) Ghirlandaio's attitude toward sculpture
(c) the attitude of his father
(d) money to buy sculpting tools
4. Why does Michelangelo compare his work with files borrowed from Ghirlandaio?
(a) to see how much better he is
(b) to learn how to keep files
(c) to learn from his own mistakes
(d) to find a patron
5. Where is the thirteen-year-old Michelangelo taken in March of 1488?
(a) to the home of the Tropolinos
(b) the Guild Hall of Signor Ghirlandaio
(c) the Medici Palace
(d) to see the Pope in Rome
Short Answer Questions
1. After the festival for his son, where does Piero de Medici invite Michelangelo?
2. What does Michelangelo insist painting draped figures allows the artist to do?
3. How does Michelangelo set himself apart at the Guild Hall of Signor Ghirlandaio?
4. What is Michelangelo's response when his father tells him he cannot afford to have pride?
5. How is Pietro Torrigiani described?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)