|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If caught in his nighttime study of anatomy, what might the Church do to him?
(a) put him to death
(b) put him in prison
(c) dismiss him from school
(d) put him in a monastery
2. What does Torrigiani do to Michelangelo that causes him to flee the palace?
(a) breaks Michelangelo's nose
(b) breaks Michelangelo's sculpture
(c) breaks Michelangelo's tools
(d) breaks Michelangelo's arm
3. How does Michelangelo feel about painting frescoes?
(a) he feels he is learning a lot
(b) he thinks they are difficult to do
(c) he is thrilled to be doing them
(d) he does not like doing them
4. At the palace de Medici, with whom does Michelangelo share quarters?
(a) Donato Donatello
(b) Francesco Granacci
(c) Bertoldo, the sculpture master
(d) Pietro Torrigiani
5. What does Granacci tell Michelangelo that Ghirlandaio is willing to do?
(a) sponsor him as a sculptor
(b) accept him back as an apprentice
(c) find him another patron
(d) bring him back as a teacher of sculpture
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Pietro Torrigiani described?
2. Working all day and studying all night, what do people think Michelangelo is doing?
3. How does Michelangelo learn anatomy at the charity hospital of Santo Spirito?
4. What do the members of the elite academy discuss and learn about?
5. Who comes and sees the sculpture Michelangelo did?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)