|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ghirlandaio want Michelangelo to do?
(a) stop playing and go to work
(b) develop his own style in his own way
(c) learn how to copy him
(d) see how little talent he has
2. Who comes and sees the sculpture Michelangelo did?
(c) Contessina de Medici
3. What does Michelangelo carve surreptitiously?
(a) a faun
(b) a cat
(c) a face
(d) a lion
4. What does Michelangelo refuse to do for Piero de Medici?
(a) escort his wife
(b) carve a bust of his wife
(c) paint a portrait of his wife
(d) design jewelry for his wife
5. What are the people of Florence not happy about?
(a) Michelangelo's crucifix
(b) the lavish wedding of the contessa
(c) the wine crop failure in Tuscany
(d) Piero de Medici's gifts to the poor
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michelangelo discover that he cannot do?
2. What does Granacci tell Michelangelo that Ghirlandaio is willing to do?
3. What does Savonarola preach about the de Medici family?
4. Who wants to bring down the papacy and return Italy to the simple, stark, religious ways of his own beliefs?
5. What do the members of the elite academy discuss and learn about?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)