|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Michelangelo progresses, what does he learn about life?
(a) the kindness of strangers
(b) the jealousy of others
(c) the effects of poverty
(d) the value of personal ethics
2. Who is Il Magnifico?
(a) Lorenzo de Medici
(b) Pope Julius II
(c) the Doge of Milan
(d) Domenico Ghirlandaio
3. What does Granacci tell Michelangelo that Ghirlandaio is willing to do?
(a) sponsor him as a sculptor
(b) find him another patron
(c) accept him back as an apprentice
(d) bring him back as a teacher of sculpture
4. What does Michelangelo get Ghirlandaio to do for him?
(a) buy all of his art supplies
(b) give him a good recommendation
(c) pay him a stipend to study there
(d) allow him to paint his own designs
5. What does Michelangelo refuse to do for Piero de Medici?
(a) escort his wife
(b) paint a portrait of his wife
(c) carve a bust of his wife
(d) design jewelry for his wife
Short Answer Questions
1. Who can Michelangelo not rely on to pay his apprentice fees?
2. What does Michelangelo believe that Ghirlandaio disagrees with?
3. Where does Lodovico want Michelangelo accepted?
4. What does Michelangelo carve surreptitiously?
5. What is Ghirlandaio reluctant to do?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)