|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Michelangelo compare his work with files borrowed from Ghirlandaio?
(a) to learn how to keep files
(b) to see how much better he is
(c) to find a patron
(d) to learn from his own mistakes
2. How does Charles VIII of France want to claim the Kingdom of Naples?
(a) through treaty
(b) through eminent domaine
(c) through warfare
(d) through inheritance
3. If caught in his nighttime study of anatomy, what might the Church do to him?
(a) put him in prison
(b) dismiss him from school
(c) put him in a monastery
(d) put him to death
4. What are the people of Florence not happy about?
(a) the wine crop failure in Tuscany
(b) Piero de Medici's gifts to the poor
(c) the lavish wedding of the contessa
(d) Michelangelo's crucifix
5. Displeased with Piero de Medici, what are the people of Florence more inclined to listen to?
(a) proposals for annexing Florence to France
(b) Savonarola's sermons about the excesses of evil
(c) speakers promoting a democratic government
(d) Savonarola's sermons praising Piero de Medici
Short Answer Questions
1. As a second problem, what must Michelangelo have if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
2. What does Michelangelo get Ghirlandaio to do for him?
3. What does Michelangelo discover that he cannot do?
4. While working on the panels, what is Michelangelo dreaming about?
5. What does Michelangelo recognize he must do to keep his father from taking him away?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)