|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the palace de Medici, with whom does Michelangelo share quarters?
(a) Pietro Torrigiani
(b) Donato Donatello
(c) Francesco Granacci
(d) Bertoldo, the sculpture master
2. What does Michelangelo learn the city fathers have sent behind Piero de Medici's back?
(a) a delegation to Charles VIII
(b) letters to the Pope
(c) a request for mercenaries from Germany
(d) a warrant for Piero's arrest
3. What is one thing Michelangelo is thrilled that he can do?
(a) eat in the dinning room
(b) travel in the de Medici coach
(c) see and talk to Contessina
(d) sleep until noon
4. Eventually, what does Lodovico hope for that will help his family?
(a) Michelangelo will change his mind
(b) his son's becoming famous
(c) connections to de Medici
(d) a new position in Milan
5. What does Savonarola preach about the de Medici family?
(a) they are holy and should be revered
(b) they are rich and should give to the poor
(c) they are evil and should be destroyed
(d) they are his strong supporters
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Michelangelo spend a lot of his free time near the sculpture garden?
2. What is the first of Michelangelo's problems if he wants to study under Bertoldo?
3. As Michelangelo progresses, what does he learn about life?
4. Where is the thirteen-year-old Michelangelo taken in March of 1488?
5. What does Michelangelo recognize he must do to keep his father from taking him away?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)