|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michelangelo learn the city fathers have sent behind Piero de Medici's back?
(a) letters to the Pope
(b) a request for mercenaries from Germany
(c) a delegation to Charles VIII
(d) a warrant for Piero's arrest
2. What does Ghirlandaio want Michelangelo to do?
(a) stop playing and go to work
(b) learn how to copy him
(c) see how little talent he has
(d) develop his own style in his own way
3. Who is Il Magnifico?
(a) Pope Julius II
(b) Lorenzo de Medici
(c) Domenico Ghirlandaio
(d) the Doge of Milan
4. What is one thing Michelangelo is thrilled that he can do?
(a) see and talk to Contessina
(b) travel in the de Medici coach
(c) eat in the dinning room
(d) sleep until noon
5. With whom does Piero de Medici refuse to work?
(a) the appointed city leaders
(b) the Pope
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the thirteen-year-old Michelangelo taken in March of 1488?
2. Working all day and studying all night, what do people think Michelangelo is doing?
3. What do the members of the elite academy discuss and learn about?
4. What does Michelangelo refuse to do for Piero de Medici?
5. What does Torrigiani do to Michelangelo that causes him to flee the palace?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)