|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Michelangelo not visit the Contessina?
(a) he does not know where to find her
(b) the Pope might become angry with the Ridolfi family
(c) her husband will not allow it
(d) he does not have the proper clothes
2. In addition to Michelangelo's other problems, what happens to the Cardinal of San Dionigi?
(a) he loses his mind and cannot remember Michelangelo
(b) he dies before the pieta is finished
(c) he is sent to be the Cardinal of Germany
(d) he is excommunicated
3. Why can Michelangelo not talk to Pope Julius II?
(a) he cannot gain an audience
(b) the Pope is in Bologna
(c) the Swiss guard will not let him pass
(d) there is a waiting list for months
4. What causes Savonarola to agree that he is a heretic and then recant?
(a) a debate in Florence
(b) several days of torture
(c) the de Medici family
(d) instructions form the Pope
5. What is Ghirlandaio reluctant to do?
(a) continue Michaelangelo's stipend
(b) keep Michaelangelo as a student
(c) release his student
(d) cater to the Medici family
Short Answer Questions
1. What raw material does Michelangelo use to carve a crucifix?
2. What does Torrigiani do to Michelangelo that causes him to flee the palace?
3. What does Savonarola believe art is?
4. Who asks for two of Ghirlandaio's students to study at his new Medici school?
5. What does Michelangelo's brother, Lionardo, believe his brother has become?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)