|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Michelangelo learn anatomy at the charity hospital of Santo Spirito?
(a) by bathing patients
(b) by dissecting dead bodies
(c) by watching surgeries
(d) by auditing classes
2. What is the important commission from the Cardinal of San Dionigi that Michelangelo wants to bid on?
(a) a pieta
(b) the last supper
(c) a crucifixion
(d) a statue of David
3. What does Michelangelo realize his painting in the Sistine Chapel is supposed to do?
(a) draw the eye away from the floor
(b) to mask the problems created by others
(c) uplift the worshipers who will come there
(d) make it look larger than it is
4. What does Bertoldo, the sculptor master, give Michelangelo?
(a) a special workplace
(b) much praise and encouragement
(c) new sculpting tools
(d) much criticism of what he does
5. Instead of a commission, what does Cardinal Riario give Michelangelo?
(a) the marble
(b) expenses back to florence
(c) a little money
(d) a scholarship
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes and sees the sculpture Michelangelo did?
2. Why can Michelangelo not talk to Pope Julius II?
3. Who is Il Magnifico?
4. Working all day and studying all night, what do people think Michelangelo is doing?
5. What does Granacci tell Michelangelo that Ghirlandaio is willing to do?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)