|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michelangelo need before he can start carving the marble?
(a) getting the marble moved to Rome
(b) a new set of carving tools
(c) specific permission from the Cardinal
(d) an assistant to help him work
2. Who wants to bring down the papacy and return Italy to the simple, stark, religious ways of his own beliefs?
(b) Lodovico Buonarroti
(c) Leonardo da Vinci
(d) Lorenzo de Medici
3. Who is the young Contessina de Medici that Michelangelo sees in the sculpture garden?
(a) the mother of Lorenzo
(b) the eldest daughter of Lorenzo
(c) the youngest daughter of Lorenzo
(d) the wife of Lorenzo
4. What is something Michelangelo learns from members of the academy?
(a) literature and the value of writing poetry
(b) music and dancing
(c) accounting and the importance of politics
(d) elocution and ethics
5. What does Michelangelo realize his painting in the Sistine Chapel is supposed to do?
(a) draw the eye away from the floor
(b) to mask the problems created by others
(c) make it look larger than it is
(d) uplift the worshipers who will come there
Short Answer Questions
1. Displeased with Piero de Medici, what are the people of Florence more inclined to listen to?
2. Who is to go to the Medici school along with Michelangelo?
3. What does Lodovico think sculptors are?
4. What does Savonarola believe art is?
5. What does Michelangelo tell his brother about his art?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)