|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michelangelo refuse to do for Piero de Medici?
(a) design jewelry for his wife
(b) paint a portrait of his wife
(c) escort his wife
(d) carve a bust of his wife
2. Working all day and studying all night, what do people think Michelangelo is doing?
(a) seeing a lover
(b) running contraband goods
(c) getting drunk and living a wild life
(d) looking for ways out of Florence
3. Who does Michelangelo use for models to perfect his knowledge of anatomy?
(a) boys he finds playing on the streets
(b) his brothers who come down from Florence
(c) men in the Roman baths
(d) off duty guards at the Cardinal's palace
4. In addition to Michelangelo's other problems, what happens to the Cardinal of San Dionigi?
(a) he loses his mind and cannot remember Michelangelo
(b) he dies before the pieta is finished
(c) he is excommunicated
(d) he is sent to be the Cardinal of Germany
5. As Michelangelo progresses, what does he learn about life?
(a) the kindness of strangers
(b) the jealousy of others
(c) the effects of poverty
(d) the value of personal ethics
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the important commission from the Cardinal of San Dionigi that Michelangelo wants to bid on?
2. Why can Michelangelo not visit the Contessina?
3. What does Michelangelo have after his meeting with the Cardinal?
4. What is Ghirlandaio reluctant to do?
5. For whom does Michelangelo offer to carve something?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)