|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michelangelo tell his brother about his art?
(a) that it is progressing
(b) that it is holy
(c) that it is all he knows
(d) that it is his life
2. What does Michelangelo need in order to paint his planned story on the ceiling of the chapel?
(a) a large supply of paint
(b) someone to mix his paints
(c) the Pope's permission
(d) a system of ropes and pullies
3. What is Lodovico unable to do when Michelangelo is given the privilege of living in the de Medici household?
(a) stand up
(b) utter a word
(c) refuse Lorenzo de Medici
(d) believe his ears
4. What does Michelangelo refuse to do for Piero de Medici?
(a) paint a portrait of his wife
(b) design jewelry for his wife
(c) carve a bust of his wife
(d) escort his wife
5. What does Michelangelo carve surreptitiously?
(a) a lion
(b) a face
(c) a faun
(d) a cat
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Granacci tell Michelangelo that Ghirlandaio is willing to do?
2. At the palace de Medici, with whom does Michelangelo share quarters?
3. Which former admirer of the artist, now seems to scorn Michelangelo?
4. Who is perfectly content to keep house and cook for Michelangelo?
5. What does Michelangelo have after his meeting with the Cardinal?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)