|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sangallo, Michelangelo's old friend, discover about Michelangelo's problem with the painting?
(a) he needs to be closer to the surface
(b) he needs to slow down the work to let the paint dry
(c) he needs to speed up the work before the paint dries
(d) his Florence paint mixture does not work in Rome
2. Why can Michelangelo not talk to Pope Julius II?
(a) he cannot gain an audience
(b) the Swiss guard will not let him pass
(c) the Pope is in Bologna
(d) there is a waiting list for months
3. As Michelangelo progresses, what does he learn about life?
(a) the effects of poverty
(b) the value of personal ethics
(c) the kindness of strangers
(d) the jealousy of others
4. Who causes Michelangelo problems over his plans for Julius II's tomb?
(a) da Vinci
(c) his brother Lionardo
5. What does Michelangelo tell his brother about his art?
(a) that it is his life
(b) that it is all he knows
(c) that it is holy
(d) that it is progressing
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing Michelangelo is thrilled that he can do?
2. In addition to Michelangelo's other problems, what happens to the Cardinal of San Dionigi?
3. What is something Michelangelo learns from members of the academy?
4. What elite group is Michelangelo invited to join?
5. While working on the panels, what is Michelangelo dreaming about?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)