|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eventually, what does Lodovico hope for that will help his family?
(a) a new position in Milan
(b) his son's becoming famous
(c) Michelangelo will change his mind
(d) connections to de Medici
2. How does Michelangelo learn anatomy at the charity hospital of Santo Spirito?
(a) by bathing patients
(b) by dissecting dead bodies
(c) by watching surgeries
(d) by auditing classes
3. Where is the Contessina sent as she nears marriageable age?
(a) to a convent
(b) to live in Rome
(c) to school in Milan
(d) to live with the Ridolfi
4. As Michelangelo progresses, what does he learn about life?
(a) the effects of poverty
(b) the jealousy of others
(c) the kindness of strangers
(d) the value of personal ethics
5. Who does Michelangelo use for models to perfect his knowledge of anatomy?
(a) his brothers who come down from Florence
(b) off duty guards at the Cardinal's palace
(c) boys he finds playing on the streets
(d) men in the Roman baths
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Michelangelo's position in the home of Cardinal Riario?
2. How does Charles VIII of France want to claim the Kingdom of Naples?
3. What does Michelangelo discover his father believes about Lorenzo de Medici?
4. What are the people of Florence not happy about?
5. What does Michelangelo carve surreptitiously?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)