|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Displeased with Piero de Medici, what are the people of Florence more inclined to listen to?
(a) speakers promoting a democratic government
(b) Savonarola's sermons about the excesses of evil
(c) proposals for annexing Florence to France
(d) Savonarola's sermons praising Piero de Medici
2. Why does Michelangelo arrange for loans?
(a) to pay the Cardinal
(b) to buy a workshop
(c) to pay his father's debt
(d) to send for his family
3. Who is gaining in popularity and importance in Rome to Michelangelo's advantage?
(a) Pietro Torrigiani
(b) Domenico Ghirlandaio
(c) Cardinal Giovanni de Medici
(d) Cardinal Riario
4. Where does Lodovico want Michelangelo accepted?
(a) the Plato Academy
(b) a merchant guild
(c) Ghirlandaio's school
(d) the Florentine guard
5. What causes Savonarola to agree that he is a heretic and then recant?
(a) several days of torture
(b) a debate in Florence
(c) the de Medici family
(d) instructions form the Pope
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Torrigiani do to Michelangelo that causes him to flee the palace?
2. What does Michelangelo learn the city fathers have sent behind Piero de Medici's back?
3. What is Michelangelo expected to learn about?
4. What does Sangallo, Michelangelo's old friend, discover about Michelangelo's problem with the painting?
5. What does Michelangelo discover that he cannot do?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)