|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the people of Florence not happy about?
(a) the lavish wedding of the contessa
(b) Michelangelo's crucifix
(c) Piero de Medici's gifts to the poor
(d) the wine crop failure in Tuscany
2. If caught in his nighttime study of anatomy, what might the Church do to him?
(a) dismiss him from school
(b) put him to death
(c) put him in a monastery
(d) put him in prison
3. How do Michelangelo and Granacci reckon Lodovico will not be harsh when he learns his son is going to de Medici?
(a) if he hears the name de Medici
(b) if Michelangelo promises to give him his money
(c) if his step mother is in the room
(d) if Granacci is present
4. Displeased with Piero de Medici, what are the people of Florence more inclined to listen to?
(a) speakers promoting a democratic government
(b) Savonarola's sermons praising Piero de Medici
(c) Savonarola's sermons about the excesses of evil
(d) proposals for annexing Florence to France
5. Because he likes Michelangelo's cupid so well, what does Jacopo Galli commission him to sculpt?
(a) a sculpture of Adonis
(b) a sculpture of Venus
(c) a sculpture of Dyonisus
(d) a sculpture of a Bacchus
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Cardinal Riario di San Giorgio looking for?
2. Who comes and sees the sculpture Michelangelo did?
3. Just as Michelangelo starts working for Galli, what do the creditors in Florence demand?
4. What does Michelangelo tell his brother about his art?
5. As Michelangelo progresses, what does he learn about life?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)