|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michelangelo discover that he cannot do?
(a) form ideas of his own
(b) replicate Bertoldo's style
(c) speak French
(d) work in three dimensions
2. What is Michelangelo expected to learn about?
(a) keeping a journal
(b) marble quarrying
(c) charging for his work
(d) dress, manners, life, and art
3. What does Michelangelo realize his painting in the Sistine Chapel is supposed to do?
(a) to mask the problems created by others
(b) uplift the worshipers who will come there
(c) draw the eye away from the floor
(d) make it look larger than it is
4. Who asks for two of Ghirlandaio's students to study at his new Medici school?
(b) Il Magnifico
5. What is something Michelangelo learns from members of the academy?
(a) literature and the value of writing poetry
(b) music and dancing
(c) elocution and ethics
(d) accounting and the importance of politics
Short Answer Questions
1. While working on the panels, what is Michelangelo dreaming about?
2. What is Michelangelo's position in the home of Cardinal Riario?
3. Working all day and studying all night, what do people think Michelangelo is doing?
4. What does Julius II give Michelangelo?
5. What does Savonarola believe art is?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)