|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to Rome and is able to help clean out Michelangelo's new quarters?
(a) his friend Granacci
(b) his brother Lionardo
(c) his father Lodovico
(d) his brother Buonarroto
2. How does Michelangelo learn anatomy at the charity hospital of Santo Spirito?
(a) by dissecting dead bodies
(b) by watching surgeries
(c) by bathing patients
(d) by auditing classes
3. Because he likes Michelangelo's cupid so well, what does Jacopo Galli commission him to sculpt?
(a) a sculpture of Venus
(b) a sculpture of Adonis
(c) a sculpture of a Bacchus
(d) a sculpture of Dyonisus
4. What does Bertoldo, the sculptor master, give Michelangelo?
(a) much criticism of what he does
(b) new sculpting tools
(c) much praise and encouragement
(d) a special workplace
5. Who gets Michelangelo a short interview with Cardinal Riario?
(a) Leo Baglioni
(b) Giuliano da Sangallo
(c) Jacopo Galli
(d) Andrea Bregno
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to bring down the papacy and return Italy to the simple, stark, religious ways of his own beliefs?
2. What does Granacci tell Michelangelo that Ghirlandaio is willing to do?
3. What does Michelangelo tell his brother about his art?
4. What does Michelangelo need before he can start carving the marble?
5. What is one thing Michelangelo is thrilled that he can do?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)