|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Michelangelo and Granacci reckon Lodovico will not be harsh when he learns his son is going to de Medici?
(a) if Granacci is present
(b) if his step mother is in the room
(c) if Michelangelo promises to give him his money
(d) if he hears the name de Medici
2. What does Sangallo, Michelangelo's old friend, discover about Michelangelo's problem with the painting?
(a) he needs to speed up the work before the paint dries
(b) his Florence paint mixture does not work in Rome
(c) he needs to slow down the work to let the paint dry
(d) he needs to be closer to the surface
3. Who does Michelangelo use for models to perfect his knowledge of anatomy?
(a) boys he finds playing on the streets
(b) men in the Roman baths
(c) his brothers who come down from Florence
(d) off duty guards at the Cardinal's palace
4. After the festival for his son, where does Piero de Medici invite Michelangelo?
(a) on a trip to visit King Charles VIII of France
(b) back into the de Medici home
(c) back to restore the Sculpture Garden
(d) on a trip to Bologna
5. Where is the Contessina sent as she nears marriageable age?
(a) to live with the Ridolfi
(b) to a convent
(c) to live in Rome
(d) to school in Milan
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Michelangelo expected to learn about?
2. If caught in his nighttime study of anatomy, what might the Church do to him?
3. Because he likes Michelangelo's cupid so well, what does Jacopo Galli commission him to sculpt?
4. Who is perfectly content to keep house and cook for Michelangelo?
5. What does Michelangelo realize his painting in the Sistine Chapel is supposed to do?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)