|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does da Vinci align himself with the Borgias?
(a) to be on the winning side
(b) to test some of his inventions
(c) to hedge his bets
(d) to get back at Michelangelo
2. Who agrees to protect Florence from the Borgias?
(a) the Gauls
(b) the Vatican
(c) the Greeks
(d) the French
3. What is offered to Michelangelo with a commission for him to sculpt the Twelve Apostles for the cathedral?
(a) a seat on the city council
(b) a new wardrobe
(c) a large block of marble
(d) a house
4. What does Michelangelo accept that puts him in competition with da Vinci?
(a) a design for a new cathedral
(b) a sculpture of the Mona Lisa
(c) painting a wall next to his
(d) an art exhibit in the palizzo
5. What does the new Pope want to do in the church?
(a) execute all artists
(b) build a new cathedral
(c) tear down the tomb of Pope Julius II
(d) to right the wrongs of Pope Leo X
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Torrigiani do to Michelangelo that causes him to flee the palace?
2. What does Pope Leo offer for Michelangelo to work on?
3. What does Savonarola preach about the de Medici family?
4. Where is the Contessina sent as she nears marriageable age?
5. As Michelangelo progresses, what does he learn about life?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)