|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michelangelo do after accepting the Cardinal's commission?
(a) goes into hiding
(b) moves back to Rome
(c) rents an apartment and sends for Argiento
(d) gives all his money to Lodovico
2. After Lodovico dies in 1534, what does Michelangelo do?
(a) sells everything he has in Florence and goes to Spain
(b) sees the work finished on San Lorenzo and returns to Rome
(c) appeal to Pope Clement for more commissions
(d) travels to Milan to find new commissions
3. What does Pope Leo offer for Michelangelo to work on?
(a) decorations for the Papal apartments
(b) the walls of a sacristy of the San Lorenzo
(c) a baptismal font for San Lorenzo
(d) the portico of his summer palace
4. What does Michelangelo tell his brother about his art?
(a) that it is his life
(b) that it is all he knows
(c) that it is progressing
(d) that it is holy
5. What do the members of the elite academy discuss and learn about?
(a) science, exploration, and evolution
(b) art, history, and geography
(c) history, religion, and horticulture
(d) political, literary, music and philosophical ideas
Short Answer Questions
1. What on Michelangelo's wall gains him several enemies?
2. What does Michelangelo's brother, Lionardo, believe his brother has become?
3. What does Torrigiani do to Michelangelo that causes him to flee the palace?
4. Having lost everything, what is the one contract Michelangelo has?
5. At the palace de Medici, with whom does Michelangelo share quarters?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)