|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Michelangelo unable to show exactly how much he received from Pope Julius?
(a) his receipts were lost in a fire
(b) he is not allowed to travel to Florence to get his receipts
(c) he never kept any receipts
(d) his recordkeeping is poor
2. What do the members of the elite academy discuss and learn about?
(a) science, exploration, and evolution
(b) political, literary, music and philosophical ideas
(c) history, religion, and horticulture
(d) art, history, and geography
3. Before the David statue can be placed, what happens?
(a) the marble cracks
(b) the Cardinal wants it
(c) vandals attack it
(d) it falls over
4. What does Pope Julius II want Michelangelo to carve for him?
(a) a copy of the David
(b) another pieta
(c) a new marble throne
(d) his tomb in the middle of St. Peter's
5. What is Michelangelo's conclusion about his looks after the broken nose?
(a) his work must conceal his looks
(b) it is something he cannot change
(c) now he is handsome
(d) it makes him look eccentric
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michelangelo refuse to do for Piero de Medici?
2. What is the reaction of the city when they first see the David in progress?
3. What is Michelangelo's idea of a statue that can be carved from the defective block of marble?
4. What does Torrigiani do to Michelangelo that causes him to flee the palace?
5. What would closing their shop in Florence cost Michelangelo's brothers?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)