|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the palace de Medici, with whom does Michelangelo share quarters?
(a) Donato Donatello
(b) Pietro Torrigiani
(c) Francesco Granacci
(d) Bertoldo, the sculpture master
2. As payment to the French, what will Michelangelo carve?
(a) a monument to set up in Paris
(b) something for Charles VIII
(c) something for the Marechal de' Gie
(d) a tomb for the King
3. What does the Duke really want to punish Michelangelo for?
(a) for living in the Medicdi palace
(b) for changing the design of the tomb
(c) for taking so long to do the tomb
(d) for abandoning the project in favor of de Medici projects
4. Who wants to bring down the papacy and return Italy to the simple, stark, religious ways of his own beliefs?
(a) Lodovico Buonarroti
(c) Lorenzo de Medici
(d) Leonardo da Vinci
5. Who is being considered to carve the large block of marble that seems to have a defect?
(a) Domenico Ghirlandaio
(b) Leonardo da Vinci
(c) Sandro Bottecelli
(d) Donato Donatello
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the members of the elite academy discuss and learn about?
2. After Lodovico dies in 1534, what does Michelangelo do?
3. What is the misconception his family has of Michelangelo?
4. What causes the death of Pope Leo X?
5. What does Pope Leo offer for Michelangelo to work on?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)