|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michelangelo tell his brother about his art?
(a) that it is all he knows
(b) that it is his life
(c) that it is progressing
(d) that it is holy
2. What do the members of the elite academy discuss and learn about?
(a) history, religion, and horticulture
(b) political, literary, music and philosophical ideas
(c) science, exploration, and evolution
(d) art, history, and geography
3. What kind of artwork does Michelangelo accept reluctantly?
(a) jewelry design
(c) small wood sculpuures
4. What does Savonarola preach about the de Medici family?
(a) they are holy and should be revered
(b) they are his strong supporters
(c) they are rich and should give to the poor
(d) they are evil and should be destroyed
5. What is offered to Michelangelo with a commission for him to sculpt the Twelve Apostles for the cathedral?
(a) a new wardrobe
(b) a seat on the city council
(c) a large block of marble
(d) a house
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the death of Pope Leo X?
2. What does Pope Julius II want Michelangelo to carve for him?
3. Why does the city of Florence bribe Caesar Borgia?
4. Who wants to bring down the papacy and return Italy to the simple, stark, religious ways of his own beliefs?
5. What is something Michelangelo learns from members of the academy?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)