|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the death of Pope Leo X?
(a) the plague
(b) a heart attack
(c) a cup of hemlock
(d) a chill caught while on a hunt
2. What does Michelangelo do after accepting the Cardinal's commission?
(a) rents an apartment and sends for Argiento
(b) gives all his money to Lodovico
(c) goes into hiding
(d) moves back to Rome
3. At the palace de Medici, with whom does Michelangelo share quarters?
(a) Pietro Torrigiani
(b) Francesco Granacci
(c) Donato Donatello
(d) Bertoldo, the sculpture master
4. What does Michelangelo discover that he cannot do?
(a) work in three dimensions
(b) speak French
(c) replicate Bertoldo's style
(d) form ideas of his own
5. What elite group is Michelangelo invited to join?
(a) The Florence Arts Guild
(b) The Plato Academy
(c) The Bishop's Study Group
(d) The Neo Lyceum
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michelangelo refuse to do for Piero de Medici?
2. What distresses Michelangelo about many of his commissions?
3. What do the members of the elite academy discuss and learn about?
4. Why does da Vinci align himself with the Borgias?
5. What does the new Pope want to do in the church?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)