|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What elite group is Michelangelo invited to join?
(a) The Plato Academy
(b) The Bishop's Study Group
(c) The Florence Arts Guild
(d) The Neo Lyceum
2. What does Pope Julius II want Michelangelo to carve for him?
(a) another pieta
(b) his tomb in the middle of St. Peter's
(c) a copy of the David
(d) a new marble throne
3. What would closing their shop in Florence cost Michelangelo's brothers?
(a) the break up of their families
(b) a full year's rent
(c) to lose their merchant standing within the community
(d) their places on the city council
4. Why does the city of Florence bribe Caesar Borgia?
(a) to come and rule Florence
(b) not to take Florence artists to Rome
(c) to lower Florence's taxes
(d) not to conquer Florence
5. What is Michelangelo's idea of a statue that can be carved from the defective block of marble?
(b) St. Paul
(d) a pieta
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michelangelo tell his brother about his art?
2. Why is Michelangelo unable to show exactly how much he received from Pope Julius?
3. What is Michelangelo expected to learn about?
4. What does Michelangelo discover that he cannot do?
5. At the palace de Medici, with whom does Michelangelo share quarters?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)