|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Michelangelo unable to show exactly how much he received from Pope Julius?
(a) he never kept any receipts
(b) his receipts were lost in a fire
(c) his recordkeeping is poor
(d) he is not allowed to travel to Florence to get his receipts
2. What does Michelangelo do after accepting the Cardinal's commission?
(a) moves back to Rome
(b) gives all his money to Lodovico
(c) rents an apartment and sends for Argiento
(d) goes into hiding
3. Why does da Vinci align himself with the Borgias?
(a) to test some of his inventions
(b) to get back at Michelangelo
(c) to be on the winning side
(d) to hedge his bets
4. What does Savonarola preach about the de Medici family?
(a) they are evil and should be destroyed
(b) they are rich and should give to the poor
(c) they are holy and should be revered
(d) they are his strong supporters
5. What does Savonarola believe art is?
(a) blasphemous and ungodly
(b) neither good nor bad
(c) a gift from God
(d) godly and uplifting
Short Answer Questions
1. What is offered to Michelangelo with a commission for him to sculpt the Twelve Apostles for the cathedral?
2. Why does the city of Florence bribe Caesar Borgia?
3. What does Michelangelo tell his brother about his art?
4. Having lost everything, what is the one contract Michelangelo has?
5. What does Pope Leo offer for Michelangelo to work on?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)