|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Michelangelo expected to learn about?
(a) marble quarrying
(b) charging for his work
(c) keeping a journal
(d) dress, manners, life, and art
2. Who replaces Pope Leo X?
(a) Pope Clement
(b) Pope Adrian
(c) Pope Alexander
(d) Pope Pius II
3. What on Michelangelo's wall gains him several enemies?
(a) better horses than on da Vinci's wall
(b) taking too much time to finish
(c) dressing all the people as Florentines
(d) painting man as God made him
4. From whom does Jacopo Galli secure a commission for Michelangelo?
(a) a shipping magnate
(b) a magistrate
(c) a prince
(d) a cardinal
5. As payment to the French, what will Michelangelo carve?
(a) something for the Marechal de' Gie
(b) something for Charles VIII
(c) a tomb for the King
(d) a monument to set up in Paris
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Savonarola believe art is?
2. What does the new Pope want to do in the church?
3. Before the David statue can be placed, what happens?
4. Having lost everything, what is the one contract Michelangelo has?
5. What is the reaction of the city when they first see the David in progress?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)