|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Lodovico dies in 1534, what does Michelangelo do?
(a) appeal to Pope Clement for more commissions
(b) sees the work finished on San Lorenzo and returns to Rome
(c) travels to Milan to find new commissions
(d) sells everything he has in Florence and goes to Spain
2. What does Torrigiani do to Michelangelo that causes him to flee the palace?
(a) breaks Michelangelo's arm
(b) breaks Michelangelo's tools
(c) breaks Michelangelo's sculpture
(d) breaks Michelangelo's nose
3. What do the members of the elite academy discuss and learn about?
(a) history, religion, and horticulture
(b) science, exploration, and evolution
(c) political, literary, music and philosophical ideas
(d) art, history, and geography
4. Why does the city of Florence bribe Caesar Borgia?
(a) not to conquer Florence
(b) to come and rule Florence
(c) to lower Florence's taxes
(d) not to take Florence artists to Rome
5. What causes the death of Pope Leo X?
(a) the plague
(b) a heart attack
(c) a cup of hemlock
(d) a chill caught while on a hunt
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is being considered to carve the large block of marble that seems to have a defect?
2. What elite group is Michelangelo invited to join?
3. What does the new Pope want to do in the church?
4. What is one thing Michelangelo is thrilled that he can do?
5. What would closing their shop in Florence cost Michelangelo's brothers?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)