|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the city of Florence bribe Caesar Borgia?
(a) to come and rule Florence
(b) to lower Florence's taxes
(c) not to take Florence artists to Rome
(d) not to conquer Florence
2. What would closing their shop in Florence cost Michelangelo's brothers?
(a) the break up of their families
(b) their places on the city council
(c) to lose their merchant standing within the community
(d) a full year's rent
3. What saves Michelangelo from losing everything to the Duke of Urbino?
(a) Jacopo Galli testifies in favor of Michelangelo
(b) The next Pope is Giulio de Medici, who becomes Pope Clement VII
(c) Pope Adrian has a change of heart
(d) the Duke dies of a stroke
4. What does Michelangelo accept that puts him in competition with da Vinci?
(a) a design for a new cathedral
(b) an art exhibit in the palizzo
(c) painting a wall next to his
(d) a sculpture of the Mona Lisa
5. From whom does Jacopo Galli secure a commission for Michelangelo?
(a) a magistrate
(b) a cardinal
(c) a prince
(d) a shipping magnate
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michelangelo tell his brother about his art?
2. What is one thing Michelangelo is thrilled that he can do?
3. What kind of artwork does Michelangelo accept reluctantly?
4. What is Michelangelo's idea of a statue that can be carved from the defective block of marble?
5. What does Pope Leo offer for Michelangelo to work on?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)