|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the David statue can be placed, what happens?
(a) vandals attack it
(b) it falls over
(c) the marble cracks
(d) the Cardinal wants it
2. What does Pope Julius II want Michelangelo to carve for him?
(a) his tomb in the middle of St. Peter's
(b) a new marble throne
(c) a copy of the David
(d) another pieta
3. What does Michelangelo's brother, Lionardo, believe his brother has become?
(a) overly educated in the arts
(b) absent minded and useless
(c) corrupted by power and money
(d) subservient and docile
4. What does Michelangelo tell his brother about his art?
(a) that it is progressing
(b) that it is his life
(c) that it is holy
(d) that it is all he knows
5. Why does da Vinci align himself with the Borgias?
(a) to hedge his bets
(b) to get back at Michelangelo
(c) to be on the winning side
(d) to test some of his inventions
Short Answer Questions
1. After Lodovico dies in 1534, what does Michelangelo do?
2. What does the Duke really want to punish Michelangelo for?
3. Who agrees to protect Florence from the Borgias?
4. What is Michelangelo's conclusion about his looks after the broken nose?
5. From whom does Jacopo Galli secure a commission for Michelangelo?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)