|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the palace de Medici, with whom does Michelangelo share quarters?
(a) Bertoldo, the sculpture master
(b) Pietro Torrigiani
(c) Francesco Granacci
(d) Donato Donatello
2. Before the David statue can be placed, what happens?
(a) it falls over
(b) vandals attack it
(c) the marble cracks
(d) the Cardinal wants it
3. What does Savonarola believe art is?
(a) neither good nor bad
(b) blasphemous and ungodly
(c) godly and uplifting
(d) a gift from God
4. What is Michelangelo's idea of a statue that can be carved from the defective block of marble?
(b) St. Paul
(c) a pieta
5. What is one thing Michelangelo is thrilled that he can do?
(a) see and talk to Contessina
(b) travel in the de Medici coach
(c) eat in the dinning room
(d) sleep until noon
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Michelangelo unable to show exactly how much he received from Pope Julius?
2. What does Michelangelo tell his brother about his art?
3. What does Torrigiani do to Michelangelo that causes him to flee the palace?
4. What does Michelangelo discover that he cannot do?
5. As payment to the French, what will Michelangelo carve?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)