|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does da Vinci align himself with the Borgias?
(a) to test some of his inventions
(b) to hedge his bets
(c) to get back at Michelangelo
(d) to be on the winning side
2. What does the Wool Guild own that is of interest to Michelangelo?
(a) a contract for decorating a palace
(b) a scaffolding they do not use
(c) a studio for rent
(d) a large block of marble
3. What is offered to Michelangelo with a commission for him to sculpt the Twelve Apostles for the cathedral?
(a) a new wardrobe
(b) a large block of marble
(c) a house
(d) a seat on the city council
4. What is Michelangelo expected to learn about?
(a) charging for his work
(b) marble quarrying
(c) dress, manners, life, and art
(d) keeping a journal
5. What does Michelangelo's brother, Lionardo, believe his brother has become?
(a) subservient and docile
(b) absent minded and useless
(c) overly educated in the arts
(d) corrupted by power and money
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Savonarola preach about the de Medici family?
2. What would closing their shop in Florence cost Michelangelo's brothers?
3. Before the David statue can be placed, what happens?
4. At the palace de Medici, with whom does Michelangelo share quarters?
5. What does Michelangelo accept that puts him in competition with da Vinci?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)