|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke really want to punish Michelangelo for?
(a) for abandoning the project in favor of de Medici projects
(b) for changing the design of the tomb
(c) for taking so long to do the tomb
(d) for living in the Medicdi palace
2. What does Pope Julius II want Michelangelo to carve for him?
(a) a new marble throne
(b) another pieta
(c) a copy of the David
(d) his tomb in the middle of St. Peter's
3. What does Pope Leo offer for Michelangelo to work on?
(a) the portico of his summer palace
(b) the walls of a sacristy of the San Lorenzo
(c) decorations for the Papal apartments
(d) a baptismal font for San Lorenzo
4. What is the reaction of the city when they first see the David in progress?
(a) enthralled by what they see
(b) angry over the misuse of the marble
(c) indifferent, holding back payment
(d) disgusted because it is nude
5. What does the new Pope want to do in the church?
(a) build a new cathedral
(b) execute all artists
(c) to right the wrongs of Pope Leo X
(d) tear down the tomb of Pope Julius II
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Jacopo Galli secure a commission for Michelangelo?
2. Who replaces Pope Leo X?
3. What distresses Michelangelo about many of his commissions?
4. What does Michelangelo refuse to do for Piero de Medici?
5. At the palace de Medici, with whom does Michelangelo share quarters?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)