|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Savonarola preach about the de Medici family?
(a) they are rich and should give to the poor
(b) they are holy and should be revered
(c) they are evil and should be destroyed
(d) they are his strong supporters
2. Why does da Vinci align himself with the Borgias?
(a) to be on the winning side
(b) to hedge his bets
(c) to test some of his inventions
(d) to get back at Michelangelo
3. What does Michelangelo discover his father believes about Lorenzo de Medici?
(a) he is a fool
(b) he is a tyrant
(c) he is a saint
(d) he is bankrupt
4. What does Michelangelo do after accepting the Cardinal's commission?
(a) moves back to Rome
(b) rents an apartment and sends for Argiento
(c) goes into hiding
(d) gives all his money to Lodovico
5. What does Michelangelo's brother, Lionardo, believe his brother has become?
(a) subservient and docile
(b) overly educated in the arts
(c) absent minded and useless
(d) corrupted by power and money
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is being considered to carve the large block of marble that seems to have a defect?
2. Having lost everything, what is the one contract Michelangelo has?
3. What does the Wool Guild own that is of interest to Michelangelo?
4. As payment to the French, what will Michelangelo carve?
5. Where is the Contessina sent as she nears marriageable age?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)