|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who agrees to protect Florence from the Borgias?
(a) the Gauls
(b) the Vatican
(c) the Greeks
(d) the French
2. What does the Wool Guild own that is of interest to Michelangelo?
(a) a large block of marble
(b) a studio for rent
(c) a scaffolding they do not use
(d) a contract for decorating a palace
3. Why does the city of Florence bribe Caesar Borgia?
(a) to lower Florence's taxes
(b) to come and rule Florence
(c) not to conquer Florence
(d) not to take Florence artists to Rome
4. Having lost everything, what is the one contract Michelangelo has?
(a) a garden decoration for de Medici
(b) a cupid for the Bishop of Florence
(c) a Risen Christ for Metello Vari
(d) a gravestone for a merchant
5. What does Savonarola believe art is?
(a) godly and uplifting
(b) a gift from God
(c) blasphemous and ungodly
(d) neither good nor bad
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the new Pope allow Duke of Urbino to do?
2. What is the reaction of the city when they first see the David in progress?
3. What is Michelangelo expected to learn about?
4. What does Pope Julius II want Michelangelo to carve for him?
5. Who wants to bring down the papacy and return Italy to the simple, stark, religious ways of his own beliefs?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)