|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Van's first sexual experience with?
(a) A girl in his class at school.
(b) A prostitute who works as a barmaid.
(c) A prostitute and young helper at the corner shop.
(d) A girl who works at the movie theater.
2. What is the "lolita" that Ada wears?
(a) A hat.
(b) A shawl.
(c) A shirt.
(d) A skirt.
3. Where does Marina have breakfast?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the sitting room.
(c) In bed.
(d) In the dining room.
4. What is Marina, Demon, and Daniel's shared birthday?
(a) March 7.
(b) Feburary 12.
(c) April 2.
(d) January 5.
5. What gift does Dan give Ada for her birthday?
(a) A book.
(b) A box of mints.
(c) A bracelet.
(d) Monogramed handkerchiefs.
Short Answer Questions
1. On his way to catch the train to Luga, Mayne, to resume school, what excuse does Van make to stop the car to meet Ada?
2. Why does the governess decide to stay in bed for five days?
3. What garment of clothing does Van chide Ada for not wearing?
4. What is the "eremitic reality or collective dream" Van discusses in his dissertation called?
5. What does Ada think of telling Lucette, to get her to leave Van alone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ada have to do before she can go off and meet Van in private in Chapter 20?
2. What are the rules of marriage among relatives that Van and Ada discuss?
3. How does Van feel about Cordula?
4. What is the first trick Ada and Van use to escape from Lucette?
5. How doe Van describe Ada's way of talking when explaining something funny?
6. What does Marina chastise Van for, after calling him into her room?
7. How does Van first see Ada?
8. What did Ada do when Dr. Krolik died?
9. Where and in what circumstances do Van and Ada first have sex?
10. What causes Lucette to follow Ada and Van around in Chapter 34?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)