|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gymnastic trick does Van help Lucette do?
(a) Do a cartwheel.
(b) Balance-walk on a tree branch.
(c) Do a somersault.
(d) Walk on her hands.
2. What color does Demon dye his hair?
3. Where does Percy de Prey ask Van to meet him?
(a) At the islet in Lake Ladore.
(b) At Maidenhair Road and Tourbiure Lane.
(c) At the stables behind Ardis Hall.
(d) At the creek in the woods.
4. What does Ada think of telling Lucette, to get her to leave Van alone?
(a) That Van is gay.
(b) That Van detests her.
(c) That Van is her uterine brother.
(d) That Van is secretly a woman.
5. What is the Andalusian architect Alonso supposed to design?
(a) A swimming pool.
(b) A play room.
(c) A greenhouse.
(d) A school room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dack run through the house with?
2. What is Ada's hair like?
3. What does Marina have in her screwdrivers instead of orange juice?
4. What gift does Dan give Ada for her birthday?
5. Which of the following authors do Van and Ada like?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marina describe Jews to her daughter?
2. What does Van do, when Ada suggests he spank Lucette?
3. How does young Van feel about Ada?
4. What does Ada have to do before she can go off and meet Van in private in Chapter 20?
5. How does Aqua kill herself?
6. How does Dick cheat at cards, and how does Van best him?
7. What causes Lucette to follow Ada and Van around in Chapter 34?
8. What are the rules of marriage among relatives that Van and Ada discuss?
9. How does Ada act when she tells stories at the table?
10. How does Van feel about Marina?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)