|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Van wearing the first time she glimpsed him, before they met?
(a) A gray shirt and shorts.
(b) A white sailor suit and blue cap.
(c) A bathing suit and green towel.
(d) A black formal suit, hat, and gloves.
2. When Van meets Ada in the forest fork, what is she wearing?
(a) A long white formal dress.
(b) A robe and slippers.
(c) Shorts and a blue shirt.
(d) A yellow tennis outfit.
3. What does Dack run through the house with?
(a) Cottonwool soaked with blood.
(b) A hambone from the kitchen.
(c) Clothes from Van's room.
(d) A bird he has caught in the garden.
4. Where does Marina have breakfast?
(a) In the sitting room.
(b) In bed.
(c) In the dining room.
(d) In the kitchen.
5. Who shows Van around his aunt's house?
(c) The governness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ana raise?
2. What game did Van win in a match against Pat Rishin at Chose in 1887?
3. Why does the governess decide to stay in bed for five days?
4. Does Ada promise to be faithful while Van is gone?
5. What board game is "Flavita" a Russian version of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first trick Ada and Van use to escape from Lucette?
2. What bad habit does Ana stop on her twelfth birthday?
3. How does Van circumvent the rules about what Ada is supposed to read from the library?
4. What do Demon think of Marina's career as an actress?
5. What causes Lucette to follow Ada and Van around in Chapter 34?
6. How does Lucette want to draw flowers, when her sister is trying to teach her to draw?
7. What are the circumstances of Marina's first romantic liaison with Demon?
8. Where and in what circumstances do Van and Ada first have sex?
9. How doe Van describe Ada's way of talking when explaining something funny?
10. How does Marina describe Jews to her daughter?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)