|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shows Van around his aunt's house?
(b) The governness.
2. What board game is "Flavita" a Russian version of?
3. Who made up the games that Ana describes in Chapter 8?
(b) The governess.
4. What feature of Ada does Van most delight in?
(a) Her eyebrows.
(b) Her forehead.
(c) Her neck.
(d) Her nose.
5. After Van returns from washing his hands, where does he find Ada?
(a) In Lucette's room, reading her a book.
(b) In her bedroom, fast asleep.
(c) On a balcony, peeling an apple.
(d) In the music room, playing the piano.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Percy de Prey ask Van to meet him?
2. What doctor does Ada go to visit?
3. What does Baron d'Onsky try to buy from Demon?
4. What game did Van win in a match against Pat Rishin at Chose in 1887?
5. What does Ada think of telling Lucette, to get her to leave Van alone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the rules of marriage among relatives that Van and Ada discuss?
2. How does Lucette want to draw flowers, when her sister is trying to teach her to draw?
3. How does young Van feel about Ada?
4. Where and in what circumstances do Van and Ada first have sex?
5. What becomes of Ada's old governess?
6. What reason does Van give Marina for leaving?
7. What bad habit does Ana stop on her twelfth birthday?
8. How does Dick cheat at cards, and how does Van best him?
9. What does Ada have to do before she can go off and meet Van in private in Chapter 20?
10. How does Van circumvent the rules about what Ada is supposed to read from the library?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)