|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes both Van and Ada to rush back to the house?
(a) Rain has started to pour down.
(b) They've forgotten a visitor is arriving.
(c) They are afraid they've left their diaries out.
(d) They are angry and want to each be alone.
2. What feature of Van's and Ada's is extremely similar?
(a) Their noses.
(b) Their hands.
(c) Their eyes.
(d) Their lips.
3. Who shows Van around his aunt's house?
(d) The governness.
4. Over the thirteen years preceding Aqua's death, how much does Van calculate that he's spent with her?
(a) About eighteen months.
(b) About nine months.
(c) About two years.
(d) About three weeks.
5. What does Ada like to paint pictures of from a book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Van talk to Ada before he leaves?
2. In 1888, when Van visits Ardis Hall, what gift does he carry in his pocket?
3. What does Ada think of telling Lucette, to get her to leave Van alone?
4. What gift does Dan give Ada for her birthday?
5. What does Dack run through the house with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Demon think of Marina's career as an actress?
2. How does Van first see Ada?
3. What does Ada have to do before she can go off and meet Van in private in Chapter 20?
4. What becomes of Ada's old governess?
5. Describe the encounter between Blanche and Van.
6. What happens in Van's stage act?
7. Where and in what circumstances do Van and Ada first have sex?
8. What reason does Van give Marina for leaving?
9. How does Van feel about Marina?
10. What does Van do, when Ada suggests he spank Lucette?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)