|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1888, when Van visits Ardis Hall, what gift does he carry in his pocket?
(a) A small, jeweled butterfly.
(b) A monogramed handkerchief.
(c) A diamond necklace.
(d) An engagement ring.
2. What color does Demon dye his hair?
3. What game did Van win in a match against Pat Rishin at Chose in 1887?
4. What doctor does Ada go to visit?
(a) An oral surgeon.
(b) A heart specialist.
(c) A podiatrist.
(d) A gynecologist.
5. What garment of clothing does Van chide Ada for not wearing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows Van around his aunt's house?
2. What does Van's father offer to try to buy for him?
3. What meaning does Marina put on Ada's black jumper and black skirt?
4. What structure catches fire and wakes nearly everyone in the house?
5. What is the "lolita" that Ada wears?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ada's letter say she will do if Van doesn't allow her to come live with him?
2. What are the rules of marriage among relatives that Van and Ada discuss?
3. What does Van do after leaving Demon?
4. How does Van respond to Ada's arrival?
5. Why does Van think he is sterile?
6. Describe the encounter between Blanche and Van.
7. Where and in what circumstances do Van and Ada first have sex?
8. What do Demon think of Marina's career as an actress?
9. What causes Lucette to follow Ada and Van around in Chapter 34?
10. What does Lucette say about Ada's hands?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)