|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marina have in her screwdrivers instead of orange juice?
(a) Lime juice.
(b) Grapefruit juice.
(c) Apple juice.
(d) Tomato juice.
2. Where does Van hear Ada say "chort" or "devil"?
(a) In the library.
(b) At a picnic.
(c) At the zoo.
(d) At the dentist.
3. What color are Ada's eyes?
4. Why does the governess decide to stay in bed for five days?
(a) She has strained her back.
(b) She has sprained her wrist.
(c) She has bruised her ribs.
(d) She has broken her ankle.
5. Who made up the games that Ana describes in Chapter 8?
(b) The governess.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the table at Ardis Hall, who does Lucette sit between?
2. What do the two kids who find Marina's pressed-flower book decide to do with it?
3. Who is at home when Van first arrives at Ardis Hall?
4. What does Ada like to paint pictures of from a book?
5. What color does Demon dye his hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in Van's stage act?
2. How does Ada act when she tells stories at the table?
3. What does Blanche look like as she is ready to leave?
4. How does Van first see Ada?
5. What bad habit does Ana stop on her twelfth birthday?
6. What does Van do, when Ada suggests he spank Lucette?
7. How does Aqua kill herself?
8. What is the first trick Ada and Van use to escape from Lucette?
9. What do Demon think of Marina's career as an actress?
10. How doe Van describe Ada's way of talking when explaining something funny?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)