|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What structure catches fire and wakes nearly everyone in the house?
(a) A gazebo.
(b) A lighthouse.
(c) A barn.
(d) An outhouse.
2. What wakes Van his first morning at his aunt's home?
(a) His aunt shaking him.
(c) A bell.
(d) The governess bringing tea.
3. Where was Van born?
4. What color does Demon dye his hair?
5. What doctor does Ada go to visit?
(a) A podiatrist.
(b) A heart specialist.
(c) An oral surgeon.
(d) A gynecologist.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do Van and Ada give Lucette to memorize eight lines of poetry?
2. What does Blanche tell Van?
3. What is Ada's hair like?
4. When Demon sees Ada, what about her appearance can he not bear?
5. What article does Uncle Dan try to read?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Blanche look like as she is ready to leave?
2. What does Ada say lions do when they eat a person?
3. How does Van feel about Marina?
4. How does Dick cheat at cards, and how does Van best him?
5. How does Van first see Ada?
6. How doe Van describe Ada's way of talking when explaining something funny?
7. How does Marina describe Jews to her daughter?
8. What becomes of Ada's old governess?
9. How does Ada act when she tells stories at the table?
10. How does Van circumvent the rules about what Ada is supposed to read from the library?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)