|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Ada and Van lock up Lucette, ostensibly playing hide and seek, so that they can be alone?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In a bathroom.
(c) In a closet.
(d) In her bedroom.
2. What garment of clothing does Van chide Ada for not wearing?
3. When Demon sees Ada, what about her appearance can he not bear?
(a) Her shoes.
(b) Her lipstick.
(c) Her dress.
(d) Her braided hair.
4. Who shows Van around his aunt's house?
(b) The governness.
5. What is Marina, Demon, and Daniel's shared birthday?
(a) March 7.
(b) Feburary 12.
(c) January 5.
(d) April 2.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the chaperone when Van visits Ada at school?
2. Why does Phillip Rack come upstairs, interrupting Ada and Van?
3. What causes both Van and Ada to rush back to the house?
4. Who walks in on Ada and Van making love?
5. What do the two kids who find Marina's pressed-flower book decide to do with it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the rules of marriage among relatives that Van and Ada discuss?
2. How does young Van feel about Ada?
3. How does Marina describe Jews to her daughter?
4. What happens in Van's stage act?
5. What did Ada do when Dr. Krolik died?
6. How does Van feel about Cordula?
7. How does Ada act when she tells stories at the table?
8. How does Van feel about Marina?
9. What reason does Van give Marina for leaving?
10. What does Blanche look like as she is ready to leave?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)