|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Van born?
2. How do Ada and Van keep their correspondence secret?
(a) They deliver letters only in person and burn them after reading.
(b) They write letters in disappearing ink.
(c) They write letters in code.
(d) They write letters reversed and read them in mirrors.
3. What is Ada's hair like?
(a) Long, straight, and dark.
(b) Long, curled, and dark.
(c) Short, blonde, and straight.
(d) Short, blonde, and curled.
4. What does Marina suspect might be Van's reason for leaving?
(a) He is angry at something she said.
(b) His father is ill.
(c) He has left a girlfriend in London.
(d) He is eloping with Blanche.
5. Who does Van think is the most obvious choice that might have given him the note?
(c) The governess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Marina, Demon, and Daniel's shared birthday?
2. What is the "lolita" that Ada wears?
3. Who fights by the edge of the brook?
4. Who shows Van around his aunt's house?
5. What does Ada think of telling Lucette, to get her to leave Van alone?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Van feel about Marina?
2. What does Van do, when Ada suggests he spank Lucette?
3. What does Marina chastise Van for, after calling him into her room?
4. Where and in what circumstances do Van and Ada first have sex?
5. How does Van first see Ada?
6. What are the circumstances of Marina's first romantic liaison with Demon?
7. How does young Van feel about Ada?
8. How does Ada act when she tells stories at the table?
9. What happens in Van's stage act?
10. How does Van feel about Cordula?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)