|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After playing a game, Van tries to get Lucette to go to bed and promises to bring her something. What does he promise to bring her?
(a) A hand-mirror.
(c) A toy.
2. What is the Andalusian architect Alonso supposed to design?
(a) A play room.
(b) A school room.
(c) A greenhouse.
(d) A swimming pool.
3. What does Dick give Van as payment for losing the card game?
(a) Entrance into the Venus Villa Club.
(b) A position with his father's company.
(c) A subscription to the Chose Chase magazine.
(d) A trip to Australia and Nice.
4. What is Ada's hair like?
(a) Short, blonde, and straight.
(b) Long, curled, and dark.
(c) Short, blonde, and curled.
(d) Long, straight, and dark.
5. At the table at Ardis Hall, who does Lucette sit between?
(a) Ada and the governess.
(b) Ada and Van.
(c) Marina and the governess.
(d) Van and Marina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Percy de Prey ask Van to meet him?
2. Why does Ada tell stories at meals?
3. What color are Ada's eyes?
4. What does Van's father offer to try to buy for him?
5. When Van takes a walk after first arriving at Ardis Hall, who does he run into?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Blanche look like as she is ready to leave?
2. How does Van first see Ada?
3. How does Van feel about Marina?
4. How does young Van feel about Ada?
5. What does Ada have to do before she can go off and meet Van in private in Chapter 20?
6. What do Demon think of Marina's career as an actress?
7. What did Ada do when Dr. Krolik died?
8. What happens in Van's stage act?
9. Describe the encounter between Blanche and Van.
10. How does Dick cheat at cards, and how does Van best him?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)